PDA

View Full Version : While the servers are down let's...

Konflyk
Jul 6, 2012, 01:44 AM
Let's learn some Kata, Hira, etc. I mean we are in a way imposing on our JP bros the least we could do is learn to understand their language with the spare time we have while the server is down, agreed? I'm using memrise to study up on some Kata right now and I have to say, it's a very good learning experience that allows you to study characters piece by piece and in sections, eventually adding all of them together. Now this is no promotion so please don't b& me mods. Google search "memrise" you can link your FB if you're too lazy to make a brand new account and such and it'll track your progress as well, oh and it's free, yes FREE, put in caps in case you might have missed it. Anyway waiting for those servers to return I'll be doing some learnan.

Scarlet_Rain
Jul 6, 2012, 01:46 AM
isn't it only 15 more minutes? ill check it out though ^^

GoldenFalcon
Jul 6, 2012, 01:46 AM
Should have posted this 5 hours ago
No offense

Miyoko
Jul 6, 2012, 01:49 AM
http://www.realkana.com/katakana/

Go nuts.

Konflyk
Jul 6, 2012, 01:50 AM
We still have an hour left, I believe 4am EST is when it's back up(at least what I've read so far), and it only just occurred to me that this site existed, had completely forgot about it, since I'd like to use it at work but they don't have the JP characters installed.

Tomba87
Jul 6, 2012, 02:03 AM
good idea,but too much effort.....

Leman
Jul 6, 2012, 02:12 AM
Thank you ^^ I know hiragana but katakana and kanji are problem for me :3 I will learn it every maintenance :).

servers up!

BogusKun
Jul 6, 2012, 02:13 AM
They want to bring the servers up anytime before 5pm Tokyo time.

I made this international event clock earlier today.
http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/fixedtime.html?msg=Begin%2FEnd+of+PSO+Maintenance+ 7%2F6&iso=20120706T10&p1=248&ah=7

5pm is their deadline

SaiKo
Jul 6, 2012, 02:16 AM
If you have a smartphone/tablet, get Obenkyo.

Free and works reasonably well.

DreXxiN
Jul 6, 2012, 02:24 AM
I don't really feel the need to go out of my way to learn this since after a few short hours I could navigate all menus with ease, but it's probably a better investment if you're into a lot of Japanese media :D.

aduran
Jul 6, 2012, 02:27 AM
the ships say online but wont let me in! i guess wait till 2?

Ranmaru
Jul 6, 2012, 02:28 AM
I'll check it out, I'd like to try it. : D

Lumir
Jul 6, 2012, 02:28 AM
Due to my massive anime history and having lived in Japan for awhile I can understand some when its spoken. Maby down the line ill learn more, but im satisfied for now.

Yunfa
Jul 6, 2012, 02:29 AM
If you have a smartphone/tablet, get Obenkyo.

Free and works reasonably well.

I used this religiously before tests in my Japanese I class LOL

aduran
Jul 6, 2012, 02:29 AM
i know why.. i let the game on and it needs an update.