PDA

View Full Version : 7/6 Official Blog: Maintenance & Locks

Mike
Jul 6, 2012, 02:07 AM
The official blog (http://ameblo.jp/sega-psblog/entry-11295532923.html) was updated today with some more specific information about today's maintenance, what will happen with the blocks in particular. Since they have a smaller population, 8 premium blocks will be disconnected from ships 6 ~ 10 and connected to ships 1 ~ 5 in the form of 4 normal and 4 premium blocks. This was done to allow people who already created characters on the first five ships to be able to play.

Unfortunately, this also means that in order to keep the first five ships from becoming even more over-populated, character creation is once again being limited. Currently, no new characters can be created on ships 1, 2, and 3. Ships 4 and 5 are about 80% to 90% full. Sega is planning on keeping these limits in place for about one or two weeks. These locks apply to everyone, including people who already have characters on a locked ship.

Finally, while not on the blog, an update for the client is available. It's only 15mb so get it before things get crowded. The new version number is 1.0003.1.

Somnia
Jul 6, 2012, 02:13 AM
A week or more character lock huh.. that's pretty bonkers. I'm glad to see they chose to add more blocks, even though it took away from other servers.

Xaeris
Jul 6, 2012, 02:14 AM
I feel like I know the answer already, but it's worth asking. Does the lock apply to people who already have characters on those ships? I.E, can I buy a new character to make on a ship if I already have one there?

NoiseHERO
Jul 6, 2012, 02:17 AM
So you're telling me, my friend can't join our main ship, and I won't be able to start a new character with him...

For 2 WHOLE WEEKS? Unless I wanna jump to some random less populated ship?

That's a fucking joke right...? e_e

Fix your fucking game, SEGA...

Aeris
At least i will be fine with my newman for now.

Ranmaru
I'm glad I signed up my girlfriend for this. : D

Mike
Jul 6, 2012, 02:18 AM
I feel like I know the answer already, but it's worth asking. Does the lock apply to people who already have characters on those ships? I.E, can I buy a new character to make on a ship if I already have one there?

That's a good question. The blog doesn't say.

Maintenance also finished early.

Vylera
Jul 6, 2012, 02:19 AM
Character slot cards are a scam!

RavenLeader
Jul 6, 2012, 02:19 AM
lol Rock X) although im in a bit of the same situation X)

Xaeris
Jul 6, 2012, 02:23 AM
I just tried it out. As I suspected, the answer is no. Le sigh. Oh well, I guess I'll wait to do that.

Yunfa
Jul 6, 2012, 02:34 AM
So you're telling me, my friend can't join our main ship, and I won't be able to start a new character with him...

I've noticed a consistency of your raging fits in the past 2 weeks in a good chunk of your posts. Do you always get into a raging fit when you can't get something you want? I'd hate to be within your vicinity when you fail a grind on a 7*+ rare weapon and it drops to +4 from a +7, and then it does that for a few tries and in the process you lose a cool mill or so of meseta. Will you rage then? "FUQ THIS GAME etc?"

Anger management my friend, it helps~

darkante
Jul 6, 2012, 02:35 AM
Wow, i´m glad i made my second character before the maintenance.
Sucks for everyone else, but i guess it´s for the best. :S

Mike
Jul 6, 2012, 02:35 AM
I just tried it out. As I suspected, the answer is no. Le sigh. Oh well, I guess I'll wait to do that.
That's what I thought but thanks for the confirmation. I've edited the first post with that info.

Nathillius
Jul 6, 2012, 02:38 AM
does this mean i wont be able to create a character on ship 2? i just downloaded and was really getting exited to play with some english speaking people :<

kyuuketsuki
Jul 6, 2012, 02:38 AM

That's what they're doing. Population issues happen with every online game, every time. Yet, people still expect magical solutions that keep the servers running without any sort of downside. These magical solutions never happen in any game ever because they don't exist.

Would you prefer that they let the population grow unchecked to the point the servers broke and you couldn't play at all?

The voice of reason is never popular standing in front of the crowd with the torches and pitchforks, I know, so flame on. :cool:

Mike
Jul 6, 2012, 02:42 AM
does this mean i wont be able to create a character on ship 2? i just downloaded and was really getting exited to play with some english speaking people :<
Unfortunately, yes. I do hear there's a fairly large runoff population on 10 though so I might try there next.

NoiseHERO
Jul 6, 2012, 02:44 AM
I've noticed a consistency of your raging fits in the past 2 weeks in a good chunk of your posts. Do you always get into a raging fit when you can't get something you want? I'd hate to be within your vicinity when you fail a grind on a 7*+ rare weapon and it drops to +4 from a +7, and then it does that for a few tries and in the process you lose a cool mill or so of meseta. Will you rage then? "FUQ THIS GAME etc?"

Anger management my friend, it helps~

Funny, I'm usually the guy supporting this game so when things DO flop that means it hit hard enough for me to say "WTF!"

This is the first time I've ever even seen you post, so I guess you're one of those people who lurk a lot and then make typical assumptions about posters you've never even directly talked to before. Normally it's part of my sense of humor to exaggerate what I say a lot.

But in this particular case. I really am mad that I just lost the ability to play with a friend whose been waiting for this game longer than anyone else has and he's been saving up just a build a PC for it and he was finally going to join me and the rest of my friends this week up until now. So yeah, I'm allowed to be pretty pissed off about that.

and yes it's annoying when your weapon goes from +9 down to 4+ it's not like it'd be directed at anyone other than the game so yeah, step off, it's obviously not your problem, don't MAKE it your problem by attempting to give my shit about it.

Yes, right now, "I MAD."

@Kyuketsuki: Before anyone even tries to drag this into a self righteous "you not SEGA, you dunno how things work, they is tryna fix it, u dum and I has to correct you for e-peen points" because I said "fix your fucking game" I'm just venting because in GENERAL this is a pain in the ass.

Nathillius
Jul 6, 2012, 02:45 AM
Will i be able to create a character on ship 2 at a later date without needing to purchase a new char slot?

if so then i will prolly just make a char on 10 for awhile and then move to 2 whenever possible

kyuuketsuki
Jul 6, 2012, 02:49 AM
This is the first time I've ever even seen you post, so I guess you're one of those people who lurk a lot and then make typical assumptions about posters you've never even directly talked to before.
Lol. Apparently you didn't look at my post count, or remember the numerous times I've posted before. I've been quite active in the PSO2 forum for a good while now, excepting the past few weeks. We've even butted heads previously.

Yes, I know you tend to troll a lot, but the thought of provoking you further didn't really bother me, truth be told.

Continue to be mad, by all means. How thoughtless of me to inject reason into Rock Eastwood's world.

Eternum
Jul 6, 2012, 02:50 AM
I was one of the many players that dealt with the Diablo 3 US launch. *shudder* Compared to that, Sega is doing a phenomenal job.

Thank you, OP, for the information on the maintenance. :)

Mike
Jul 6, 2012, 02:51 AM
Will i be able to create a character on ship 2 at a later date without needing to purchase a new char slot?
No. You'll need to either delete your first character or purchase a second one. You'll be able to move your character whenever, if ever, ship transfers become available but that's not going to be possible until a future update.

Rallorn
Jul 6, 2012, 02:56 AM
Crap...so i was just about to make a character and literally just opened up the game when maint hit. Now what ship do i make a character on, and would it even be worth it?

NoiseHERO
Jul 6, 2012, 02:58 AM
Lol. Apparently you didn't look at my post count, or remember the numerous times I've posted before. I've been quite active in the PSO2 forum for a good while now, excepting the past few weeks. We've even butted heads previously.

Yes, I know you tend to troll a lot, but the thought of provoking you further didn't really bother me, truth be told.

Continue to be mad, by all means. How thoughtless of me to inject reason into Rock Eastwood's world.

whuh? I was talking to the other guy unless that's another account.

And like I said reason =/= fixing my rage I KNOW the reasons, I KNOW this game has been having trouble since alpha testing and they're TRYING to make things better for us, obviously I've done nothing but post here and keep up with the game and even support the game the past year and a half.

But between some of the typical F2P game fun killing issues I'm running into, and This current problem hitting me in the face, yeah I'm not just gonna "oh well" this one.

Sorry if it seemed relevant to take a minute to type "OH FUCK NO!" People trying to get on me for it, won't do anything but get me to post about it again. to make it seem more like I'm "constantly complaining," Or whatever the problem is.

Nathillius
Jul 6, 2012, 02:58 AM
No. You'll need to either delete your first character or purchase a second one. You'll be able to move your character whenever, if ever, ship transfers become available but that's not going to be possible until a future update.
that doesn't seem to bad. ill be fine with deleting my char after ship 2 becomes available

DemonMike
Jul 6, 2012, 03:43 AM
Oh man, some pretty mad stuff up in this thread.

NoiseHERO
Jul 6, 2012, 03:46 AM
Oh man, some pretty mad stuff up in this thread.

Unfortunately at your chance to make a snide remark, I'm already over it! 8D

My friend said he can wait, so I guess I can wait.

Enforcer MKV
Jul 6, 2012, 03:49 AM

It's all cool, Rock, we ain't all haters.

Just gotta roll with it, yeah?

EDIT: Bad jokes aside, these locks kinda suck. At least this shows the game is popular, though, right? I mean, sure, it's still release, but at least it's going strong so far.

Crystal_Shard
Jul 6, 2012, 03:52 AM
Well, that saves me some AC. :3 Was actually thinking of creating a new alt quite soon. It's a little silly to lock out new characters for existing accounts, but I wonder if that's more of a technical limitation (they can't lock only some features of the CC, they have to lock the entire thing) or not.

Ce'Nedra
Jul 6, 2012, 04:14 AM
Did the blog said anything about block 20? Last night I was playing on it and it suddenly disconnected. Pretty annoying mid quest =/

DemonMike
Jul 6, 2012, 04:19 AM

I know tense isn't conveyed very well by text over the internet, but it was more aimed at the general mad in the thread and the irony of calling out some one for being mad whilst sounding like being mad because some one is mad.

Nothing against any of you guys, you're all good posters, but it was a pretty funny read!

RocSage
Jul 6, 2012, 04:21 AM
Good thing i have a second account with a character on ship 2 that I use only for video capture. ^.^ If I had a friend I'd certainly would have no problem playing with them :D

Kylie
Jul 6, 2012, 04:50 AM
Hmm, neato. Good thing I'm on my ship already, but it sucks I can't really recruit friends...

CelestialBlade
Jul 6, 2012, 06:06 AM
Thanks for the info as always Mike. I used to be kinda down on PSOW regarding up-to-date news postings but you've really changed my mind on that since closed beta.

The locks do kinda suck, but at least this time they've put a timeline on it. One-two weeks is disappointing, but not disastrous.

Galerianx
Jul 6, 2012, 06:38 AM
i miss the old dreamcast way you can go on to any ship you like :-(

Ether
Jul 6, 2012, 07:18 AM
I was one of the many players that dealt with the Diablo 3 US launch. *shudder* Compared to that, Sega is doing a phenomenal job.

I disagree with this. This launch is quickly turning into a major disaster. What do they really think a two week block will do? You can already see it from the posts here, people are just going to simply wait it out, or play on another ship until 2 opens up, and then move. People want to play with their friends, and as long as ships 1-3 have the highest population, they'll also have the most people trying to join the ship. Diablo 3 may have been unplayable for a few days at the start, but it also didn't have semi-permanent ramifications like making a character on a different server than you friends does.

Until Sega offers FREE ship transfers, this problem will never be fixed. There are too many people on those ships, and too many people waiting to try and join them. I'm just extremely disappointed that the English ship 2/10 split is about to become even more significant than it already was.

Alucard V
Jul 6, 2012, 07:35 AM
I should thank God(s) I got Icarus on at beta. I was planing on making a support FOmarl but I guess that can wait. I'd still need the "stone" to buy ARK Cash to.

Gardios
Jul 6, 2012, 07:52 AM
Oh my god this maintenance was amazing. Suddenly, my >1 minute loading times have been reduced to around 10 secounds.

SEGA I love you.

Kanore
Jul 6, 2012, 08:02 AM
i hope japanese players are complaining and this whole split-server-like-all-other-MMO experiment that sega is screwing around with ends up with them allowing people to freely switch ships

it's a huge pipe dream but the game would totally go from 8/10 to 11/10 for me

VectormanX
Jul 6, 2012, 08:40 AM
Fantastic, Now i can actually see the pictures in game on the shop selection screen and on loading screens. since alpha it was just a block of red and yellow "error" text.

Kimil Adrayne
Jul 6, 2012, 08:45 AM
Crap, I was gonna make a third character :(
Oh well, at least I got my first alt through the door.

GrandTickler
Jul 6, 2012, 08:55 AM
good to hear theyr adding more blocks

Midna
Jul 6, 2012, 10:59 AM
So I can't recreate my char now?
I removed it and was gonna make a new one today

gigawuts
Jul 6, 2012, 11:04 AM
i miss the old dreamcast way you can go on to any ship you like :-(

Try to think of it like they shifted things up a step.

Old blocks -> removed, all merged
Old ships -> new blocks

Now we have another 9 servers.

Yeah I know it's still bad but thinking about it that way makes it slightly less so...I guess.