PDA

View Full Version : HEY, LISTEN!

gordon/alpha999
Jul 6, 2012, 09:33 AM
Would anyone like the veteran weapons from previous games the return once the full game comes out?

Psycho Wand, Motav of Profecies, Glide Divine, Spread Needle, Millie Marteux, GuldMilla, Jizai, Asuka, Sange Yasha, DB SABER, VJAVA, Imperial Pick, Bico Hamer, Frozen Shooter/Snow Queen, Double Cannon, Twin Blaze and the Yasminakov series( i can see these coming)

And some PSU ones, Twin Booma Claw! Ragan-Ragan! Gigas Spinner and idk..

Well?!

Slidikins
Jul 6, 2012, 09:37 AM
This all sounds so familiar... (http://www.pso-world.com/forums/showthread.php?t=197515)

SpectraLight
Jul 6, 2012, 09:39 AM
Full game was released July 4th. Also the yasminkov rifle has already been released so it looks like Sega is already planning this.

Rizen
Jul 6, 2012, 09:44 AM
GOD DAMMIT NAVI! Stop following me to other games!!!

Vintasticvin
Jul 6, 2012, 10:46 AM
GOD DAMMIT NAVI! Stop following me to other games!!!

*Makes Navi go splat* Problem solved.

Polly
Jul 6, 2012, 10:49 AM
No.

I want new ideas for weapons, not the same stuff I've been using for the last 11 years. And I'd hope they cut down on the novelty joke items too.

gigawuts
Jul 6, 2012, 10:57 AM
No.

I want new ideas for weapons, not the same stuff I've been using for the last 11 years. And I'd hope they cut down on the novelty joke items too.

Oh come on, some legacy throwbacks and easter eggs are what gave PSO such great replayability. The references to older or even current (at the time) Sega games in the form of mags and joke weapons were great.

Now if only there was a console after the dreamcast that they could make into a mag...

NoiseHERO
Jul 6, 2012, 11:02 AM
Still waiting on my Yo-Yo Wire-Lance and Baseball Bat Sword.

OR GIVE US 20 VARIENTS OF GLOVE SHAPED HANDGUNS AND GLOVES ON A STICK INSTEAD! HOW HILARIOUS DESU! 8D

/ironically said I was too lazy to type some ideas for weapons in the thread this one was similar to.

Kanore
Jul 6, 2012, 11:08 AM
Oh come on, some legacy throwbacks and easter eggs are what gave PSO such great replayability. The references to older or even current (at the time) Sega games in the form of mags and joke weapons were great.

Now if only there was a console after the dreamcast that they could make into a mag...

yeah that's what made PSO

they tried the same bullcrap with PSU and it didn't work out

whoever's developing PSO2 seems to have their heads in the right place tho

i trust them for now

gigawuts
Jul 6, 2012, 11:12 AM
Remember how absurd it was to get a dreamcast mag? You needed a cell for every single sega console, in order. In all my hours of playing on BB I never did see a single dreamcast mag. I remember the horrible yahoo mag, but we'll pretend that never existed.

edit: Found and bought myself the rocket punch wirelance last night, for a nice and cheap 315k. It's purely a novelty weapon with horrendous stats, and I love it anyway. I'm sure the prices will fall down more eventually, but I wasn't willing to risk somebody grabbing it and jacking up the price.

Neith
Jul 6, 2012, 11:14 AM
yeah that's what made PSO

they tried the same bullcrap with PSU and it didn't work out

whoever's developing PSO2 seems to have their heads in the right place tho

i trust them for now

Satoshi Sakai. Same person who developed PSP2...which was crammed full of throwbacks. Infinity was even worse for it.

Considering we only just released and there's already a boatload of PSO stuff, I'd say we're headed for the same again :lol:

KanekoSaya
Jul 6, 2012, 11:21 AM
once in psobb i got that pink winged mag...its so pretty

Vintasticvin
Jul 6, 2012, 11:55 AM
I like paying respects to the classics but yeah lets see some weapons that will become the classics for a future generation of online Phantasy Star players.

DragonForce
Jul 6, 2012, 12:11 PM
It'd make my day if they put the rattlesnake in.

BWS-1
Jul 6, 2012, 03:38 PM
I dunno how they'd put the Agito series in (or just the Orotiagito) unless they add the ''saber'' weapon category 'cause I shiver at the thought of having a ''gunblade'' orotiagito; don't bother doing it if you're to screw it up!

Ueno54
Jul 6, 2012, 05:03 PM
90% of rare boxes should be Varistas.

I'd love to see the Musashi line come back for hunters.

Vintasticvin
Jul 6, 2012, 05:17 PM
90% of rare boxes should be Varistas.

I'd love to see the Musashi line come back for hunters.

Varista and DB gunbladex :D Arbiter would be a happeh FOcast.

White Midnight
Jul 6, 2012, 05:44 PM
I like paying respects to the classics but yeah lets see some weapons that will become the classics for a future generation of online Phantasy Star players.

This.

While I'd like to see some of the classics like the DB's Saber, Psycho Wand, and Chainsawd coming back (I forget all the ranger weapons that aren't already in the game), I want to see some more original designs come out of PSO2.

Though, if we're going to do some throwbacks, it'd be nice to see some PSU weapons as well, as they were some good designs to come out of that - De Ragan Slayer, Blackbull, that 11★ wand from Yohmei, etc.