PDA

View Full Version : JP PSO2 Photon Drops?

Aquayoshi
Jul 6, 2012, 11:36 AM
Does anyone know what they're used for?

In PSOBB, you gave them to some NPC to try and get rare prizes from him, and (very interestingly imo) they were also used as currency among players for trading rares, as meseta was worthless except in ridiculous quantities.

In PSP series there was something similar with offertory box and the like; you bet drops, spheres, crystals, etc. to try and get rare prizes.

Is there something like that in this game yet? I've got like 13 PD's sitting in my inventory and I don't know what to do with them except throw them in storage for later...

Blackheart521
Jul 6, 2012, 11:42 AM
I've got like 140 in my storage as well as one that looks like what I would consider a "level 2" photon drop, no use as of yet as far as I know ^^;

Aquayoshi
Jul 6, 2012, 11:52 AM
...Huh. Probably a good idea to save them for later, I guess.
Since I don't want to post another thread, and it's kind of on the subject of uncluttering the inventory, what are Synthesizers used for? I know how to use Grinders, but I haven't been able to figure out syths yet.

jooozek
Jul 6, 2012, 11:59 AM
Synthesizers are used for merging of the same weapons to raise the Elemental attribute if the weapon has it.

Blackheart521
Jul 6, 2012, 12:03 PM
...Huh. Probably a good idea to save them for later, I guess.
Since I don't want to post another thread, and it's kind of on the subject of uncluttering the inventory, what are Synthesizers used for? I know how to use Grinders, but I haven't been able to figure out syths yet.

Synthesizers are used when you increase the element of one of your weapons, they are one of the the other options when you go to the grinding shop, I believe the second one, you need the weapon you want to upgrade and then an identical weapon, so two of the same gunslash as an example.

you will use up the second weapon you have to increase the elemental affinity of the first one. ^^

Aquayoshi
Jul 6, 2012, 12:05 PM
Oh, okay. So kind of how they worked in PSP2i IIRC... I never really used them, so I wasn't sure.