PDA

View Full Version : Solo Ranger Caterdran?

Takaaaa
Jul 6, 2012, 06:04 PM
He seems to be the hardest boss for me since if you even get a few steps away, he will always burrow under.
any tips for soloing him as a ranger, to meet time requirments?

MasterSpark
Jul 6, 2012, 06:06 PM
I'm playing as a force but I think you can try the same strategy that I use. Stay very close to his sides and jump above him when he attacks. He will take more damage when he is stretched out, and you'll want to blast him from above when he does it. Just keep circling around close to him and jump & fire when he attacks.

Randomness
Jul 6, 2012, 06:09 PM
Weak shot the tail, break the tail, tear it apart.

Chik'Tikka
Jul 6, 2012, 06:10 PM
Weak Bullet, go fore the tail, once it's broken he takes more damage, and you can lock onto the tail when out of TPS mode, (catadran seems the hardest boss to fight in TPS) so look at the skill tree and level skills to get weak bullet, level that to 3 so you have two shots+^_^+ use one, then all your PP with sneak shot (where you crawl on the ground) to do 1500+ dmg, once tail breaks, use second shot then pump everything you have into it, should drop in 2-5 mins then+^_^+ if it's a boosted boss (with the red mushroom thing), shoot that instead+^_^+ this is how I'd do it, although i generally don't play unless i have a party+^_^+

texhnolyze
Jul 6, 2012, 08:19 PM
IMO catadran is the most simple boss fight in PSO2, his burrow is predictable
all you need to do is just shoot him with 3 launcher combo, and when he burrowed, immediately roll back and right, then jump and shoot his head when he emerges, the timing will be perfect
repeat until it dies
don't forget to use weak shot on his head, it will boost your damage
sometimes he does the stretching attack, just roll to the right and jump shoot
don't aim for his stretched head, aim for his original head position instead, it will deal the weak spot damage

gravityvx
Jul 6, 2012, 08:38 PM
Third person mode, aim head, weak bullet call it a day. Stick close to head to bait slinky mode so he doesn't spam burrow, just roll out every time he stretches to attack then go to town on his face.

Ken_the_turtle
Jul 6, 2012, 09:03 PM
IF you're any good at dive rolling stay nice and close and just weakshot and spam attack the tail as the others said, if you aren't, just attack the tail from a distance and keep moving because he will burrow a lot - it takes a while but he shouldn't hit you if you keep moving :)

Sakira
Jul 6, 2012, 09:11 PM
When the boss burrows, he will appear where you were last standing. Roll or run to the side and jump up and aim towards where you last were, that's where his tail will approximately be at. This is very easy to do repeatedly, assuming you're using 3rd person FPS mode.