PDA

View Full Version : element % question

darkfalz16
Jul 6, 2012, 10:29 PM
Hello, does element play as big of a role as it did in psu? like how would a 50% compare to a no element etc

IAmSecretSpy
Jul 6, 2012, 11:13 PM
Nothing is confirmed yet and it's hard to say what factor weapon elements effect are on the weapon like fire or ice. I theorized that since we have weapon element affixs that have there own effects the percentage or level on the weapons element either allow you to do more damage and or something else in the nature. From what I have seen personally is that you do more damage to enemies who have a weakness against that element. If they are not weak against that enemy it's unknown what factors are played out like more damage, less average damage. Time will tell :)

GoldenFalcon
Jul 7, 2012, 12:54 AM
I think element is just out of whack right now
I have a 50% lightning launcher, and a launcher with no element, both with roughly the same attack
But my lightning launcher hits for around 30% more damage than the other one against everything, even darkers and volcano enemies

IAmSecretSpy
Jul 7, 2012, 01:05 AM
Yea it's a very different system then previous titles, the fact that it's a percentage tells me it does more damage and even more to a enemie that's weak to that element. Also lower leveled enemies seem to be affected more so then near same leveled enemies. It would be nice if the hunter tree discussion topic wasn't basing there collections/findings on lowered leveled enemies as well as small increases of ability and S-Atk... If I find time in the next few days I'll post what I can in my topic :)

Vashyron
Jul 7, 2012, 01:20 AM
It's not a Percentage.

eharima
Jul 7, 2012, 01:44 AM
you are not penalized for not having an element on your gear, but will do more damage to an enemy that is weak against an element on your gear.
(so i beleive)

so its not as much of a big deal like PSU
(ohgodthoseelementalbulletsformechgunsthegrindurrg hh)