PDA

View Full Version : Why does my Resta suck? ._.

sugarFO
Jul 7, 2012, 02:05 AM
902 tech power with weapon and units

mag: 74/50 tech/ability

resta level 10

skill tree: http://ryuhiroshi.ry.funpic.de/pso2/force.html?01FO!IJI24Ou22SI38

---

So how come the JP players I see have each Resta pulse for 200-230 and mine are like 120-140? ._. Are there higher level Resta discs or what?

BIG OLAF
Jul 7, 2012, 02:08 AM
Do you charge it before you cast?

sugarFO
Jul 7, 2012, 02:10 AM
Do you charge it before you cast?

Yes of course.

MelancholyWitch
Jul 7, 2012, 02:13 AM
nevermind... maybe your stats

goldwing
Jul 7, 2012, 02:14 AM
Maybe theres a diff stat u have to raise?

BIG OLAF
Jul 7, 2012, 02:14 AM
well there is lvl 10 resta disks, which lvl is yours?

She said "Resta Level 10" in her OP.

and sorry, I dunno what it could be then.

Xaeris
Jul 7, 2012, 02:16 AM
It could be a number of things, but it comes down to what's affecting T-ATK. Shifta is a big one. You being human is another. Then there's the Shifta Drink EX from the ship that a lot of people probably don't have. If Photon Flare is active, that'll do ridiculous things to Resta's numbers.

sugarFO
Jul 7, 2012, 02:20 AM
It could be a number of things, but it comes down to what's affecting T-ATK. Shifta is a big one. You being human is another. Then there's the Shifta Drink EX from the ship that a lot of people probably don't have. If Photon Flare is active, that'll do ridiculous things to Resta's numbers.

Oh wow. I did have that drink but I never really used it. I guess I was stuck in old PSO "forces dont need shifta" thing. I tried it, and casted my lvl 7 Shifta, and I got up to 182 per pulse. Thanks!

Xaeris
Jul 7, 2012, 02:22 AM
Yeah, historically, Shifta hasn't done jack for techs, so it was surprising for me when I first noticed that Shifta was increasing my tech damage.

sugarFO
Jul 7, 2012, 02:28 AM
Yeah, historically, Shifta hasn't done jack for techs, so it was surprising for me when I first noticed that Shifta was increasing my tech damage.

I hate how short it lasts, though. But I suppose if it boosts Resta, and my other techs, like that I should get used to reapplying for now.

Xaeris
Jul 7, 2012, 02:29 AM
Flame Charge S works on Shifta too, so maxing it out will halve the cast time, making it considerably less of a pain in the ass to maintain, as well as upping your effectiveness in Tundra.

sugarFO
Jul 7, 2012, 02:32 AM
Flame Charge S works on Shifta too, so maxing it out will halve the cast time, making it considerably less of a pain in the ass to maintain, as well as upping your effectiveness in Tundra.

Do you think I should do that?

Xaeris
Jul 7, 2012, 02:37 AM
I do it. It works out great for me. There is a dissenting opinion against Flame Tech Charge S, but I'm a big fan. The complaint is that it runs through your PP faster since you're using it faster, leaving you waiting/meleeing more often. My response is that even if you do absolutely nothing after you've run through your PP, you're still better off since you can move at full speed instead of being encumbered by casting time.

cruxader
Jul 7, 2012, 03:28 AM
mayb they did a JA on resta with JA boost in skill tree

RocSage
Jul 7, 2012, 03:35 AM
Check your Ability vs the Tech/ability needed to cast it. If it is not equal to or higher than the Tech needed then it might have more variance and thus might be casting lower.

Vent
Jul 7, 2012, 04:02 AM
Resta scales based on character T-ATK, Mag, equipment abilities, Shifta and your Resta level.

So your weapon's T-ATK is not calculated in, nor is Ability. However, a weapon with Technic II for example, will contribute 20 T-ATK to your Resta's power. Mag and Shifta also work, but grinding your weapon does not. Just attacking Resta also doesn't help.

Zipzo
Jul 7, 2012, 05:58 AM
Oh wow. I did have that drink but I never really used it. I guess I was stuck in old PSO "forces dont need shifta" thing. I tried it, and casted my lvl 7 Shifta, and I got up to 182 per pulse. Thanks!
In what low skill tier of gameplay did you stay under the idea that forces couldn't utilize Shifta back in PSO...?

Ogni-XR21
Jul 7, 2012, 07:17 AM
In what low skill tier of gameplay did you stay under the idea that forces couldn't utilize Shifta back in PSO...?

A tech only fo did not need shifta.

sugarFO
Jul 7, 2012, 09:07 AM
No need to be rude. I was a support FO so I was busy jellen/zaluring mobs and buffing and healing. Back then Shifta did nothing for techniques, only attacks. In PSU there was a light buff specifically for tech damage.

Ana-Chan
Jul 8, 2012, 09:38 PM
Retracted

@Drayk
As a FOnewearl in PSO, shifta was pretty usless most of the time if I was soloing. In VHard/Ult, your damage came from techs, shifta didn't affect techs so shifta was always usless, same with zalure. When I was playing, the only time shifta/zalure actually got any use was when I was in a party.

Geistritter
Jul 9, 2012, 03:01 AM
The weapon's T-Atk boost doesn't even matter for Shifta in the first place, so that one was a mess overall.

Ana-Chan
Jul 9, 2012, 07:45 AM
I see a lot of people say this, and yet, it isn't true.

You're probably right, I don't pay attention to how much resta recovers most of the time. All I care about is whether it can heal enough to help.
To be honest though, I am wondering if it is because when I was testing it out I was seeing what I wanted to see since I was rather focused on only one thing at that time. It is quite possible that as a major coincidence someone could have run past me with an NPC that casts shifta and that cast it right by me while I wasn't looking. Since my shifta increases my resta recovery to 138 right now.

Well, whatever, I retract the part of the last post concerning the weapon.

Triple_S
Jul 9, 2012, 01:31 PM
Just Attacking has an impact on support techniques; at least, I know it does with Shifta and Deband.

xBladeM6x
Jul 9, 2012, 01:38 PM
Perhaps they kept Shifta and Deband, but took out the other buffs. Just consolidated, and made it simpler. I like it. Lol

Scrub
Jul 9, 2012, 04:38 PM
I wish they would give all the support spells their own Charging effects so people know that Im trying to buff them and not just trying to throw a random ass foie/barta/grants.

Also is the amount of stats given by shifta/deband only effected by the level of the spell?

Triple_S
Jul 9, 2012, 04:49 PM
What? No it doesn't. JA'ing only affects Attack Techniques. There is no real reason to do it with Support Technics.

I've consistently gotten higher damage when I buff myself with JA charged Shifta as opposed to normal charged Shifta.

Ana-Chan
Jul 9, 2012, 06:13 PM
Well, JA resta recovers the same per pulse as regular charged resta. My current stats are 477 p-atk, 297 r-atk and 748 t-atk. For shifta level 5 without JA, that goes to 525 p-atk, 352 r-atk and 831 t-atk for 1 minute. With JA it goes to the same values for the same amount of time. So JA doesn't increase shifta, deband (similar thing applies if you test it) or resta, and it definitely can't apply to anti. So as stated, JA only boosts attack techs.
Yes, after being wrong earlier, I experimented properly.

Also is the amount of stats given by shifta/deband only effected by the level of the spell?

If you mean, is the boost to your stats (ie, the percentage increass on p-atk/def, r-atk/def and t-atk/def) then yes, it is dependant only on the level. Charging does make a difference though, a charged shifta/deband lasts for 1 minute where an uncharged shifta/deband lasts for only 30 seconds. I really hope that higher level shifta (10+) will last longer.

Ryock
Jul 9, 2012, 06:35 PM
What? No it doesn't. JA'ing only affects Attack Techniques. There is no real reason to do it with Support Technics.

I've never gotten higher damage from JA on a shifta or deband either. I was genuinely curious myself to see if it did, and it did not give me any higher stats than just simply charging it.