PDA

View Full Version : Can you poison real bosses?

Ueno54
Jul 7, 2012, 03:55 AM
I know the mini bosses like Rock Bear and Caterdran can be poisoned. What I want to know is if the big ones like Vol Dragon can be, or are they just totally immune?

Evaline
Jul 7, 2012, 04:11 AM
I have poisoned Vol Dragon before, it was done before the Ice World patch.

It ticked for around 800~ish damage, unfortunately I have no screenies so you only have my word :(

IAmSecretSpy
Jul 7, 2012, 10:57 AM
I had Level 2 Poison and i can poison all bosses some more then others. I do around 800-2000 Dmg depending on their Level and Health. My friend has Level 5 Poison(Luck Bastard) and can deal 1500-5000 Damage. Its probably the best Affix in my Personal opinion.

I wonder if there Weak against the Dark Element that you have a higher chance of poisoning them? Still too early to tell but who knows. :)

CelestialBlade
Jul 7, 2012, 11:08 AM
I love love love Poison, I'm currently hoarding all the Poison affixes I can to one day put Poison V on a super high-end Partisan. Not sure what the success rate is on that but it'd be awesome.

I actually had no idea you could poison Ragne...or maybe it just takes at least II to proc on major bosses?

Saffran
Jul 7, 2012, 01:17 PM
It might just work like megid / dark resistance : you have poisonV, that's (arbitrarily) a 75% chance of poisoning BUT the boss has 70 resistance so you only have a 5% chance to actually poison him/her/it.

Then again, I dunno how the resistances work in PSO2 so it's a just a figure...

IAmSecretSpy
Jul 7, 2012, 02:15 PM
I love love love Poison, I'm currently hoarding all the Poison affixes I can to one day put Poison V on a super high-end Partisan. Not sure what the success rate is on that but it'd be awesome.

I actually had no idea you could poison Ragne...or maybe it just takes at least II to proc on major bosses?

Good Luck i wasted 95K trying to get Level 3 Poison only to get Level 2.
Your best bet is to add the Highest Level Poison you can find and then adding singles. TBH if you can find Level 4 Poison just buy that and hope to the PS Gods that you get Level 5 hehe.

It might just work like megid / dark resistance : you have poisonV, that's (arbitrarily) a 75% chance of poisoning BUT the boss has 70 resistance so you only have a 5% chance to actually poison him/her/it.

Then again, I dunno how the resistances work in PSO2 so it's a just a figure...

From what i hear they do not only weaknesses.

Ueno54
Jul 7, 2012, 03:04 PM
Thanks. My gunslash only has poison II at the moment and I was wondering if it was worth looking for/upgrading for future bosses.

Sigmund
Jul 7, 2012, 04:46 PM
I'd like some screenshot evidence that you can poison monsters such as Dragon, Ragne or Snow Panthers... you know, just to feel secure before investing in adding the ability.

Also, what's the difference between Poison and Burn status?

Micro
Jul 7, 2012, 05:15 PM
I'd like to see pictures or videos aswell. I tried to poison Vol Dragon after reading this thread with Poison II and never had it occur.

IAmSecretSpy
Jul 7, 2012, 06:05 PM
I am finally near a computer that i can play on so if i do poison them ill be sure to record it with Fraps for ya. Ive done it in the past with Ragne, i think his elemental weakness is the Dark Element which is the Same as Poison which in turn can possibly have a higher chance of poisoning him. Regardless i dont poison everything its a Percent Chance, it just so happens that i got him. Ill keep you posted

Randomness
Jul 7, 2012, 06:10 PM
Hmm. I might have to try and transfer my rod's Poison 2 then whenever I upgrade.

Ragne's weakness? I've always assumed light/fire, same as the rest of em. I just know Gigrants cuts him up nicely.

IAmSecretSpy
Jul 7, 2012, 06:13 PM
Ohh then nvm i haven't played in ages ill find out tonight :)

Ueno54
Jul 9, 2012, 12:27 AM
Anyone see anything today? I fought Vol twice using Poison II and didn't get a single proc on him.

soulpimpwizzurd
Jul 9, 2012, 12:49 AM
Anyone see anything today? I fought Vol twice using Poison II and didn't get a single proc on him.

poison II doesn't even proc that often for me against regular mobs. perhaps 1/8 mobs it procs. and like it's been said in the thread, bosses have huge poison resist, so i'm guessing you'll need at least III or higher to even have a chance.

Nibelungenlied
Jul 9, 2012, 01:00 AM
I'm fairly certain Ragne wouldn't be able to be poisoned, seeing as how Poison is aligned with the Darkness element and Ragne is a Darkness creature. I could be wrong on this though

XionAsuka
Jul 9, 2012, 01:04 AM
My Caelum mag managed to poison Caterdran once, the HP damage was hilarious.

Not sure how often it works, but he's been somewhat consistent with poisoning things for me.

Omega-z
Jul 9, 2012, 08:42 AM
I wouldn't recommend using Poison on all the bosses but different status affect's. So far best one's to use on each one: Rock Bear = Burn, Caterdran = Poison, Vol Dragon = Freeze, Gwanada = Burn, Ragne = Unknown ( tried Burn, Pioson, Shock, Panic haven't done Freeze, Stun, Bind or Mirage yet ), The Panther's = Unknown ( Haven't gotten that far yet but from what I heard the same as the Ragne so if any one has the other affect's Stun, Bind or Mirage use those on them ). All bosses have a weakness to one sometimes two affect's it just depends on which one and to use it. The Caterdran has two Poison and Freeze and Poison better one of the two also the proc rate build's up on that boss thru it's color change to Poison or Freeze.

JeyKama
Jul 9, 2012, 09:17 AM
The Banthers definately burn (and roll around trying to douse it). Super-rare even with Burn 3 though, FOs would probably have better luck.

Pillan
Jul 9, 2012, 08:39 PM
I don't know about the rest of you, but I've never seen a real boss hit with any real status effect. The dragon seems to have a frozen foot animation when you use ice techs on him and the panthers have a burnt animation when you use flame techs on them, but not true burn or freeze conditions. Also none of the dark bugs seem to take poison at all (I put poison on everything that isn't fire element for this reason), but the new dark spawns in the tundra can be poisoned.

texhnolyze
Jul 9, 2012, 09:43 PM
my mag has poison, but it never occurs on bosses

Randomness
Jul 10, 2012, 12:45 AM
I don't know about the rest of you, but I've never seen a real boss hit with any real status effect. The dragon seems to have a frozen foot animation when you use ice techs on him and the panthers have a burnt animation when you use flame techs on them, but not true burn or freeze conditions. Also none of the dark bugs seem to take poison at all (I put poison on everything that isn't fire element for this reason), but the new dark spawns in the tundra can be poisoned.

Indeed - as far as I can tell, Vol Dragon doesn't technically freeze - you can't use Freeze Ignition on him.

Wolfgrey666
Jul 10, 2012, 01:17 AM

I have frozen the worms before on my force.

Pillan
Jul 10, 2012, 05:56 AM
I have frozen the worms before on my force.

Caterdran, Rock Bear, Gwanada, and De Malmoth count as sub-bosses. The true bosses are the Vol Dragon, Dark Ragne, and Snow Panther/Banshee. The latter three do not appear to take any status effects, but the former clearly do.

As far as other resistances, I've never successfully burned dragon type enemies and never successfully poisoned bugs.

RocSage
Jul 10, 2012, 06:09 AM
Suuuure. Just get some hemlock and put it in their coffee.

Oh wait you mean in game bosses... I dunno.