PDA

View Full Version : Question About Armor Stats

Malevolent215
Jul 7, 2012, 08:53 AM
First off, I haven't seen any real thorough guides on armors. If there are any out there I'd love to be pointed in the right direction.

Now, I feel ashamed that I am lv 30 and about to start Tundra, yet I still don't understand armor stats.

My question is this: How do the base stats on armor actually effect me, not including affixes? I understand it is a defense stat, but are they based on class? I am a Hunter.... so is my defense based solely on S-def, or do enemies have ther own attack catagories?

Ex: As a hunter, would an armor with only 127 S-def benefit me more than an armor with 110 S-def, 95 R-def, 94 T-def? Or do I want to try and get all three def stats?

I understand how Affixes work, I just don't get the defense stats themselves.... Does a Hunter want S-Atk and S-def, or S-atk and all def???

Thanks for any help!

B Plus
Jul 7, 2012, 09:13 AM
Yes I would like more info on this as well. I believe your correct though. I play hunter and currently all my units are striking def. I've noticed when I get hit with a laser or red ragne disks, it really, really, hurts. So I'm thinking about changing two of my units to ranged or tech def. But it's not clear to me sometimes what enemy attacks are classified as. I could be way off base on all of this.

raiden55
Jul 7, 2012, 09:21 AM
seems logic for me than melee def lower melee hit, range def lower range hit and magic def + spell % reduction lower magic attack
after i didn't checked, but well, it makes sense to me

ClothoBuer
Jul 7, 2012, 09:46 AM
Click the "2" next to your armor units, it tells you what levels of defense it provides against the three types. The highest value of the three is going to be shown in the "1" slot, but all units will give some defense against all attacks. If you have units all with high Striking defense, the other two stats are going to be lower, in some cases by over 100 points.

Using my equipment as an example, all my units give me 66 Striking Defense, 94 Shot Defense, and 47 Tech Defense. That's 198 Striking, 282 Shot, and 141 Tech. If we were to use 300 as a cap value, my Shot Defense would be excellent, my Striking would be good, and my Tech would be mediocre, meaning any sort of Tech damage is going to do much higher damage than the other two, and any Shot damage is going to be more or less irrelevant. And, if I wanted to fix my Tech Defense, I would have to replace a unit with one that focuses more on Tech Defense, and in exchange give up some Shot Defense and possibly Striking Defense. This is of course only an example, but I think this gets the point across.

B Plus
Jul 7, 2012, 10:21 AM
Thank you so much for the clarification.

Malevolent215
Jul 7, 2012, 10:29 AM
So based on our opinions, Monsters do carry the three attack types. Ex: Wolves do S-Atk, Magician guys in caves do T-atk and mechs do R-atk.

There are armors out there that only have one def stat, but they tend to accell in that stat. For good all around def you would want to have three armor units that have all three stats, then probably have each one have a different one in the first slot for grinding. Would this be pretty much correct?

Also, as a Hunter i use Fury Stance, Which increases S and R attack at the expense of S-def. Does that mean I would want my armor to focus on S-def(in the 1st slot) to balance it out? This would make sense to me, and is also what I have been doing so far. I have good Armor Units, and all have 4 affixes (mainly S-atk, HP, and ability). I find that even with Fury Stance active I can survive a good 3-4 hits in HM Free areas with np.

Anyone else have opinions or advice/info?

IAmSecretSpy
Jul 7, 2012, 10:49 AM
I try to stick with S-Def on all my Armor just because those are mostly what i face and what i have to deal with especially with bosses, being a Hunter i need all the S-Def i can get hehe.

Also to add since im always so close to the enemies even if they are a different type if im close enough they will 75% always melee over anything else so that's a bonus i suppose hehe.

B Plus
Jul 7, 2012, 11:01 AM
Does anyone know what type attack those stupid bugs you have to jump behind do? It's like a laser attack. Do you think it's tech or ranged?

Blackheart521
Jul 7, 2012, 11:35 AM
Does anyone know what type attack those stupid bugs you have to jump behind do? It's like a laser attack. Do you think it's tech or ranged?

I think you are talking about Kartagots and their lasers are Tech Attack I believe. ^^

ClothoBuer
Jul 7, 2012, 12:10 PM
The standard approach is to stick to units that reduce the type of damage you deal, because those are easier to equip at higher levels than the other types, but it certainly wouldn't be a bad idea to keep a set of each around for any boss fights. Of course, if you're feeling super anal about getting the most out of your defenses, you could always start tracking the types of damages you're taking the most of, and build your units around that.