PDA

View Full Version : Photon Flare

astro9866
Jul 7, 2012, 09:21 PM
Is it worth getting? anyone have the numbers of how much it increases your TP?

futamieriko
Jul 7, 2012, 09:38 PM
I believe it's 20 per level with 200 at max level. It's worth getting if you're going heavy into the ice branch, but with a 120s cooldown and only 30s duration, you'll do much better going down the fire branch. If this isn't your main skill tree and you just want the ice damage for caves runs or something, it's probably worth it.

Ryock
Jul 7, 2012, 10:31 PM
I went a route for fire and ice in my build, maxing tech charge advance in the fire tree, as well as throwing as many points as possible into photon flare. It's especially good if you build mostly ability, since the smaller amount of tech is made up for by photon flare, drinks, and shifta. I don't regret it so far.

Randomness
Jul 7, 2012, 10:46 PM
It'd definitely be worth it if it worked like Fury Stance. Since it doesn't though, it isn't as useful as it should be considering the trade off (having to go down Ice Line for one). Though it would be quite worthwhile if you maxed out Flame Tech S Charge and it + PP-PB for a 30 second barrage of high powered techniques. So if you've done Shygirls Client Order and got the extra points to spare, I say why not? I personally won't invest too heavily in it until the cap gets raised to 50.

For the moment Tech Charge Advance suits my needs, and is a permanent deal instead of a 30 second one.

I'm hoping the JP community is noting how lopsided the force tree is, so SEGA fixes it.

Zyrusticae
Jul 7, 2012, 11:10 PM
There are definitely some stinkers in there. I'm guessing (hoping) that SEGA has usage metrics for the different talents, so they know exactly what's being used and what isn't.

I'm hoping they notice how utterly fucking useless Normal Tech Advance is (mostly because uncharged techs in general are utter shit).