PDA

View Full Version : July 9 maintenance, Ship 10 character creation to be limited

Ezodagrom
Jul 8, 2012, 08:34 AM
Phantasy Star Online 2 will be undergoing maintenance July 9th, 2012.

Maintenance Schedule

July 9th, 2012 @ 11:00 AM ~ 5:00 PM JST
July 8th, 2012 @ 10:00 PM ~ 4:00 AM EDT
Other Time Zones (http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/fixedtime.html?msg=PSO2+July+9th+Maintenance&iso=20120709T11&p1=248&ah=6)

Maintenance Contents (http://pso2.jp/players/news/?id=189)

To change the number of blocks on each ship in response to the number of concurrent connections and premium block status.
To set a limit to the number of characters that can be made on Ship 10.

There’s also an English community on Ship 10, so if you are new you should try to join them as quick as possible since Ship 1 through 5 are all full.
http://bumped.org/psublog/special-maintenance-792012/

xBladeM6x
Jul 8, 2012, 09:15 AM
It's almost like they know we're on those servers, and are trying to kill any chance of us playing together. They're looking down on us from their giant Samurai-Ninja-Gundams and just saying...

SIRRY GAIJIN

The Walrus
Jul 8, 2012, 09:17 AM
Figured this would happen after they flipped the ship order. They need to just get rid of premium blocks and make them normal blocks again

Zinaida
Jul 8, 2012, 09:25 AM
Figured this would happen after they flipped the ship order. They need to just get rid of premium blocks and make them normal blocks again

This.

I don't mind premium, or even paying SEGA, but some of their ideas are just so horrendous I just can't support them until they get their act together.

Aeris
Jul 8, 2012, 09:38 AM

Seconded, that will help out a lot if they just get rid of that, whats the point of putting them premium for anyway, pretty much gonna make things worse than we thought.

xBladeM6x
Jul 8, 2012, 09:39 AM
This.

I don't mind premium, or even paying SEGA, but some of their ideas are just so horrendous I just can't support them until they get their act together.

The idea of premium blocks is fine. They just need to remember that if the servers are that congested, they should add more blocks. Or at least cut down on premium blocks if they're not being used as much. :-?

soulpimpwizzurd
Jul 8, 2012, 10:17 AM
how many premium blocks are there really?

IHeartRice
Jul 8, 2012, 10:45 AM
Not surprised, logged on the other day and all the blocks were filled to capacity pretty much.

Kanore
Jul 8, 2012, 10:50 AM
This game would LITERALLY be 10/10 and they would totally make more money if they made it a free ship transfer thing like PSO tradition. It's totally a P2P option but my fingers are crossed so tightly for this option.

Powder Keg
Jul 8, 2012, 10:51 AM
This game would LITERALLY be 10/10 and they would totally make more money if they made it a free ship transfer thing like PSO tradition. It's totally a P2P option but my fingers are crossed so tightly for this option.

They're fucking dumb. What do you expect?

Blackheart521
Jul 8, 2012, 10:52 AM
Gonna be funny when they run out of ships to lock, they should just get bigger servers.

ZIE creations
Jul 8, 2012, 10:53 AM
Anyone know when they are unlocking creation?

Zero_Virus_X
Jul 8, 2012, 10:55 AM
Yeah they make a trading pass so farmers can trade for cheap. And when they found that all 51 blocks were almost full to capacity during BETA, they came and took a nice chunk of them and made them premium only for release. AKA they're not too bright.

Spellbinder
Jul 8, 2012, 11:01 AM
I guess this is what happens when people still expect an MMO to release flawlessly? :-?

Somnia
Jul 8, 2012, 11:02 AM
This constant maintenance has got to stop, or at least be shortened. Does it really take six hours to lock a server?

Premium blocks are silly anyway, just cut half of them and make them into normal blocks. They are pointless as a "perk" because it just limits the amount of players/friends/teammates that can join your multi-parties.

texhnolyze
Jul 8, 2012, 11:02 AM
omg
i smell trouble
what will happen in the next few weeks when all of the ships are full? o.O

i agree with Somnia
if i were a premium member, i still wouldn't play at premium block
why?
because not all of my friends are premium
i can't do missions with them if i stay at premium blocks
in fact, most of them are free players
i think that will also apply for most of the players

Blackheart521
Jul 8, 2012, 11:04 AM
This constant maintenance has got to stop, or at least be shortened. Does it really take six hours to lock a server?

Premium blocks are silly anyway, just cut half of them and make them into normal blocks. They are pointless as a "perk" because it just limits the amount of players/friends/teammates that can join your multi-parties.

Only use I could see for the premium blocks is to be used as trading blocks considering you would know that everyone in there would be able to trade but still they have too many of em. ^^;

darkfalz16
Jul 8, 2012, 11:23 AM
yea im getting tired of all the maintenences myself they should just fix everything in a content update and stop having maint for just small stuff unless its a game breaking thing

Blackheart521
Jul 8, 2012, 11:26 AM
yea im getting tired of all the maintenences myself they should just fix everything in a content update and stop having maint for just small stuff unless its a game breaking thing

Technically it IS game breaking if people can't get into ships because of overpopulation... and that is what they are trying to prevent, even if it is a pretty crappy temporary solution. ^^;

Gardios
Jul 8, 2012, 11:31 AM
They should just randomize the first 5 or so ships in the list to keep this from happening...

darkfalz16
Jul 8, 2012, 11:35 AM
i havent had any problems getting in blocks on ship 10 yet anyway but i play outside of jp primetime so maybe thats it idk

Asuni
Jul 8, 2012, 11:45 AM

I agree they do maintenance way too much and for too long..

youcantcatchtheblue
Jul 8, 2012, 12:08 PM
well, considering they added 4 premium blocks to Ships 1~5 it looks like Premium Blocks are also pretty full. Anyone using Premium care to shed some light on how Premium blocks look like right now?

sugarFO
Jul 8, 2012, 12:26 PM
well, considering they added 4 premium blocks to Ships 1~5 it looks like Premium Blocks are also pretty full. Anyone using Premium care to shed some light on how Premium blocks look like right now?

I have premium and they're usually empty whenever I'm online.

BIG OLAF
Jul 8, 2012, 12:31 PM
I agree they do maintenance way too much and for too long..

It's a brand-new game, and more or less SEGA's new flagship title, which are both perfect explanations as to why PSO2 is getting maintenance as often as it is right now. They're working out the kinks, and getting everything the way they want it. It's not going to be like this forever. Give it a month, maybe two, and then I'm sure everything will be settled down and back to a bi-weekly maintenance schedule for content updates.

Trust me, I'm just as annoyed as everyone else about it, but it's extremely understandable.

Arika
Jul 8, 2012, 12:33 PM

Premium block usually only full on the one for lv 30-40 at JP peak time.
The rest are about half or higher.

They do this, because they want to make sure that if the server become full and congested, at least the players who paid for premium always will have space. They could careless about people who play for free if no slot for them to log in. (Generally marketing) On the another hand, they want people to become more premium I think... (although if everybody become premium then the premium lobby will become congested too... so pretty much, current state might be what SEGA hope for already. Full on free, and 80% on premium at peak time. )

Kanore
Jul 8, 2012, 01:09 PM

but everything else is going so well :(

jmanx
Jul 8, 2012, 02:11 PM
but everything else is going so well :(

Everything was going well in close beta until they out of no where trolled on release

They waited till release to show us their stupid chit setup.

- Having to beat a quest to go past 30 wat the fk
- change the free hard mode requirements from 20 which doesnt make sense why the missions are still around 20 for hard

- trading needs to be remove from AC

lol i would probably being paying for AC by now but > I can't into stupid chit setup

this maintenance better open dem ships back uplol

Yunfa
Jul 8, 2012, 02:21 PM
Everything was going well in close beta until they out of no where trolled on release

- change the free hard mode requirements from 20 which doesnt make sense why the missions are still around 20 for hard

lol i would probably being paying for AC by now but > I can't into stupid chit setup

No pain no gain, that and you don't seem to understand a challenge and wine and cry over little nitpicks.

Lord Yurka
Jul 8, 2012, 02:22 PM
Having to beat a quest to go past 30 is not that big of deal. Changing requirements from their beta phases were to be expected. While I would prefer trades to not require AC, I don't consider it a deal breaker

Also, I'm not sure why you would prefer for them to open ships back up because once that happens you will more than likely complain that you can't log in and join certain blocks that your friends are in. I prefer what they are doing as I believe they are making sure that their servers are consistently at max capacity before they add new servers. Nothing is more annoying than making a character on a server that was opened because of the initial rush only to find out after it died down you were on a dead server

Spellbinder
Jul 8, 2012, 02:47 PM

You're "free" to leave at any time.

mousel
Jul 8, 2012, 03:10 PM

NO WAY. I love my premium blocks for soloing and chilling. No hackerwannabes, no annoying symbol art spam, and lots of JP players who actually know what they're doing. Mind you, none of my friends are there, so it really is only good for soloing or playing with random people.

Edit: also, this:

I guess this is what happens when people still expect an MMO to release flawlessly? :-?

sugarFO
Jul 8, 2012, 03:20 PM
You're "free" to leave at any time.

Is this going to be the response to shut down any criticism of the game now?

Lord Yurka
Jul 8, 2012, 03:28 PM
I would hope not, but I think the response is fitting for the criticism, this time. Mostly because I would think that a person that is capable of being understanding wouldn't call it "shit" (well I think that is what he meant by chit)

Leyline
Jul 8, 2012, 03:30 PM
People need to stop complaining if you want trading buy the premium.

I'm hoping they don't add a ship transfer unless it's really expensive 3000 AC.

You guys should of known sooner it is summer and this is a brand new game that is FREE. Add in the fact that it's in Japanese so "mainstream" people in the US don't know about it.

That's the ultimate teen, troll, elitest, anti-cool kid checklist you can get, and it shows on the population that exists on ship 2. I'd prefer if they stayed there and couldn't trade among each other. I guarantee you a lot of those players have 3-10 accounts. No shocker the server is limited.

gigawuts
Jul 8, 2012, 03:31 PM
I'm inclined to agree that a FEW blocks should stay premium, just so people have a place to go to avoid the general free to play community. I mean, don't take me wrong, I'm cool with free to play players, but some people are not.

But then I'd rather just 2-3 blocks were premium and it should be increased to scale with the number of paying players, but not nearly the number we have now.

I just wish they'd abolish the ship restrictions or allow premium users a weekly ship transfer.

Ezodagrom
Jul 8, 2012, 03:31 PM
The hard mode free fields requirement was lvl 30 in the Open Beta though, so they didn't really changed the requirement.

Seizure Bot
Jul 8, 2012, 03:32 PM

It depends. If it's thoughtful and careful criticism, then yeah, I too hope we get better than "like it or leave it".

If it's just whiny "this should be free!!" or "I don't understand this despite tons of guides explaining almost everything in detail", that kind of 'criticism' doesn't deserve a response.

eharima
Jul 8, 2012, 03:44 PM
97% of this thread is 12yrolds Q.Q who think running a business and game server is magic.

Going with the flow of ironic shit post thread.

terrell707
Jul 8, 2012, 03:45 PM
Aren't ship transfers a lot harder to actually implement than what people are making it out to be? I'm pretty sure its not just a simple cut and paste.

TetsuyaHikari
Jul 8, 2012, 03:58 PM
This works out for me then. I played a good bit earlier today and I won't be around later tonight, plus I'll be getting some sleep in, so this maintenance picked a great time to occur today for me, heh.

Lord Yurka
Jul 8, 2012, 04:07 PM
Aren't ship transfers a lot harder to actually implement than what people are making it out to be? I'm pretty sure its not just a simple cut and paste.

I'm not 100% sure. There might be different ways of handling it, but the fastest I've seen is with SWTOR. Took less than 5 minutes to transfer my character to a new server and I was able to play with it

DreXxiN
Jul 8, 2012, 04:08 PM
People will cry about it, but I'm glad they are having several maintenance sessions for a cleaner release month. Fix everything you can as fast as you can, I say. I can always commence in other hobbies while PSO2 is getting patched up.

TheBlackMage
Jul 8, 2012, 04:14 PM
Shame the ships aren't actually separated from each other that way the other ships can still play since this maintenance is only affecting ship 10. :/

gigawuts
Jul 8, 2012, 04:20 PM

If Sega set everything up badly, yes it would be difficult.

I could figure out a way to walk that makes climbing stairs impossible, but that wouldn't mean if you walk properly you can't go up stairs.

mctastee
Jul 8, 2012, 04:23 PM
This constant maintenance has got to stop, or at least be shortened.
I agree with this. They are always doing maintenance at the time I typically play. It's really starting to get annoying. It seems like they are doing maintenance every other day.

Ranmaru
Jul 8, 2012, 04:27 PM
I agree with this. They are always doing maintenance at the time I typically play. It's really starting to get annoying. It seems like they are doing maintenance every other day.

Remember that this is a game centered in japan. They are doing this purposely during 'your' and 'my' time. The Japanese people are sleeping at that time, so that maintanence is done by the time they come on.

(Unless they stay up till morning like me and/or you are also Japanese. ^^; )

I don't think it's to spite us, but to give their own loving care and affection and hugs. 8-) But it's w/e to me, at least I still get to play it somehow.

==================================

I also agree to having a few premium blocks for those who like to solo/avoid strange and/or obnixous people, and be able to trade with anyone their without having to assume they might not be able to. (But I'd most likely spend my time in the free blocks)

Cleptomaniac
Jul 8, 2012, 04:41 PM
I hope the maintenance stops, too, but I'm glad they're fixing issues as soon as they realize there is a problem.

Kylie
Jul 8, 2012, 04:50 PM
I'm getting tired of all these maintenance breaks, but I guess perfection comes at a high price of time.

BIG OLAF
Jul 8, 2012, 05:03 PM
I hope the maintenance stops, too, but I'm glad they're fixing issues as soon as they realize there is a problem.

Exactly. It's a good thing, albeit a bit of an annoyance/inconvenience for us at the moment. But, like I said, it'll slow down once all the initial kinks have been worked out. PSO2 is an extremely important investment for SEGA, so they're doing everything they can, as soon as they can, to make sure that issues are solved. Good signs, really.

Scrub
Jul 8, 2012, 05:04 PM
How come every time I'm like "okay I'm putting THIS TIME ASIDE ON THIS NIGHT for mega virgin grinding" they decide to do maintenance!?!?! Fuck!

TetsuyaHikari
Jul 8, 2012, 05:13 PM
They are always doing maintenance at the time I typically play. It's really starting to get annoying. It seems like they are doing maintenance every other day.

Okay, the official release just came out recently. What do you expect at this point, really? Also, couldn't you spare a few hours out of "every other day" to handle a problem then rather than have to put up with that problem for months just because they're cutting into your time?

I can deal without playing the game for a few hours every now and then since I know what they are doing is for the good of the game and not just some silly bullshit. It's to balance stuff and make it run better overall.

It will stop after the early kinks have been worked out, then will begin at a regular pace every 2-3 months or so. We're still in the early stages of the game, so this is expected. Hell, if anything, it shows that they care. I couldn't tell you how many games I've played that stuck with the same annoying glitches/imperfections/etc. for months at a time just because they didn't want to inconvenience their players for a few hours on one day.

I'm getting tired of all these maintenance breaks, but I guess perfection comes at a high price of time.

A few hours is a, "high price of time" ? It's not as if they are kicking you off for a week or something, lol. It's better they perform these maintenance days and give us a better product than just leave it as-is and just fix what needs to be fixed during their regular/normal maintenance period when they plan on making an actual update.

People will cry about it, but I'm glad they are having several maintenance sessions for a cleaner release month. Fix everything you can as fast as you can, I say. I can always commence in other hobbies while PSO2 is getting patched up.

Well, at least someone got it right, lol. Good man.

Firehouse1983
Jul 8, 2012, 05:35 PM
The more maintenance, the better the game gets, imho. It's right around bedtime for me, since I have to be up at 6am every weekday morning, so I could care less. As long as stuff gets fixed that needs to be fixed, then I don't see a problem with it.

I don't mind the premium blocks either. I bought some AC and haven't even stepped foot in a premium lobby yet, just because I just don't want to, heh. Maybe I will now, just to see what's up. But anywho...

I have no problems with this game so far. Could care less it's in a foreign language. Too many tutorials on here and other websites that have helped me figure out what I'm doing.

DemonMike
Jul 8, 2012, 05:38 PM
Premium block usually only full on the one for lv 30-40 at JP peak time.
The rest are about half or higher.

They do this, because they want to make sure that if the server become full and congested, at least the players who paid for premium always will have space. They could careless about people who play for free if no slot for them to log in. (Generally marketing) On the another hand, they want people to become more premium I think... (although if everybody become premium then the premium lobby will become congested too... so pretty much, current state might be what SEGA hope for already. Full on free, and 80% on premium at peak time. )

THIS. I'm surprised it took 3 pages for some one to say this, major props!

Admittedly, there are way too many premium blocks right now, but that's their bloody plan. As some one stated earlier as well, the premium blocks are designed to make sure premium players can play at the busiest times without worrying about all the regular blocks being full.

And this also means that it might attract F2P players who can't log in to buy a premium package the next time they can. They should really make it possible to buy and activate Premium outside of the game for this to work even better.

Of course, there's going to be an interesting balance regarding all this. There's always going to be players who don't want to buy anything and that's perfectly fine, but they're going to want space to be available to new customers who might be more willing to buy from the AC shop.

Just remember, those who were complaining, this game is mostly free. You haven't bought a package for it and then just started playing it online for free, it has been completely free. They are under no obligation to fulfil your wishes and make sure to bear in mind what route this game will take if the F2P doesn't work out very well. I know some of you guys want it to be subscription based and to an extent, I do too, but you've gotta remember that the one month where money is tight and you can't pay, you can't play at all.

pikachief
Jul 8, 2012, 05:56 PM
Remember that this is a game centered in japan. They are doing this purposely during 'your' and 'my' time. The Japanese people are sleeping at that time, so that maintanence is done by the time they come on.

uhh I don't think they're sleeping at 11AM-5PM their time. Just saying ^^;

scorpio4484
Jul 8, 2012, 06:21 PM

This^

Wolfgrey666
Jul 8, 2012, 07:04 PM
uhh I don't think they're sleeping at 11AM-5PM their time. Just saying ^^;

Exactly it is actually ironically around OUR sleep time and their peak time XD.They are actually messing with their own country's playtime lol

Anyway i wonder how many of you have figured out what is gonna happen.

1.They limit character creation on a ship then block it off.
2.A bunch of people's friends can't join that ship to start out and join their buddies.
3.They migrate to a new ship to avoid this problem.
4.Repeat steps 1-4.

Surprised nobody here figured out how stupid their move is.

Kanore
Jul 8, 2012, 07:10 PM

yeah i'm not exactly sure if they had ship transfers in mind with this since this style has everyone saved on separate servers

but at the same time, the ships on the original PSO games and the Universes in PSU were like 'ships' too. separate servers. sorta.

Lord Yurka
Jul 8, 2012, 07:12 PM
Exactly it is actually ironically around OUR sleep time and their peak time XD.They are actually messing with their own country's playtime lol

2.A bunch of people's friends can't join that ship to start out and join their buddies.
4.Repeat steps 1-4.

You forgot where it was a temporary limit. Either you wait and join your friends when it is over or you force them to come with you. This is really only a problem for the impatient

Hayde
Jul 8, 2012, 07:24 PM
You forgot where it was a temporary limit. Either you wait and join your friends when it is over or you force them to come with you. This is really only a problem for the impatient

This temporary thing is nothing new though; they've limited character creations on the initial ships (ship 2 included) back during launch already. They don't necessarily add new hardware, or add new "space" (blocks) to the ship--they simply hope people will settle on other ships and forget about the congested ones.

The problem is this solves nothing; people will either wait it out or roll an alt until their desired ship is back open and the process repeats itself. This is what others have been trying to say. It's one thing if they're going to upgrade the hardware or coding to allow more people per ship, but they're simply hoping that people don't roll on a blocked ship and it's not going to work long term.

gigawuts
Jul 8, 2012, 07:44 PM
yeah i'm not exactly sure if they had ship transfers in mind with this since this style has everyone saved on separate servers

but at the same time, the ships on the original PSO games and the Universes in PSU were like 'ships' too. separate servers. sorta.

Except you could choose a ship when you connected, so it's nothing alike. The closest comparison is that PSO2's blocks are like PSO1's ships. Nothing in PSO1 compared to PSO2's ships, except maybe regional groups of PSO1 ships like american servers and JP servers, but you couldn't so easily select which region you sign up for on PSO1.

PSO1's blocks have been removed entirely, though. No more themed lobbies.

Ken_the_turtle
Jul 8, 2012, 07:57 PM

4.Repeat steps 1-4.

What?

How is that peak times? It's from 11am to 5pm on a MONDAY, meaning japanese players are at work or school for the most part.

Peak times are from 5pm on in japan.

Can everyone please go to their clock, on their taskbar, open it up and make an 'additional clock' and set it to UTC +9 so everyone actually knows what the time is in japan? I feel it would clarify a few things for some people :)

Finalzone
Jul 8, 2012, 08:07 PM
Don't you think it is good that issue occur now so SEGA will be prepared when they will officially a worldwide release of PSO2. Bugs happen on any software. Japanese release is often a guinea pig.

buri-chan
Jul 8, 2012, 08:13 PM
And that's how I made it home with 45 minutes til maintenance.

Guess I'll just, uh, I dunno. Get a good night's sleep.

Asuni
Jul 8, 2012, 08:17 PM
It's a brand-new game, and more or less SEGA's new flagship title, which are both perfect explanations as to why PSO2 is getting maintenance as often as it is right now. They're working out the kinks, and getting everything the way they want it. It's not going to be like this forever. Give it a month, maybe two, and then I'm sure everything will be settled down and back to a bi-weekly maintenance schedule for content updates.

Trust me, I'm just as annoyed as everyone else about it, but it's extremely understandable.

I guess your right :cry:

BogusKun
Jul 8, 2012, 08:24 PM
Premium Blocks will have better drops for all you people who didn't know.

sugarFO
Jul 8, 2012, 08:26 PM

If this is true I better start farming it up on the premium MPAs now!!

RocSage
Jul 8, 2012, 08:35 PM
If this keeps up they may end up killing some ships completely and moving their population to another ship with their blocks...

BogusKun
Jul 8, 2012, 08:37 PM
If this is true I better start farming it up on the premium MPAs now!!

Well, it is true and it will happen. The drops and scratches IN THE FUTURE will be better quality and somewhat exclusive at some points on premium blocks. Although, premiums still have an advantage on any block at the machines... the rate of drops/PSEs/meseta will be slightly (or more) better than on normal blocks.

Zipzo
Jul 8, 2012, 08:58 PM
Do you think once the servers come up there will still be some time to create a new character on ship 10? My friend has been trying to get it setup but obviously won't make it...but obviously I don't want to reroll to any other ship aside from 2 or 10...

Garnet_Moon
Jul 8, 2012, 09:01 PM
Was that the rare emergency mission popping up right when the server died? lol SEGA trolls.

Zyrusticae
Jul 8, 2012, 09:01 PM
MOTHERFUCKER!

:argh:

BIG OLAF
Jul 8, 2012, 09:02 PM
Halfway through the Emergency Mission announcement, and boom- there goes the servers. I really did laugh out loud. Hee-larious.

Enforcer MKV
Jul 8, 2012, 09:02 PM
If this keeps up they may end up killing some ships completely and moving their population to another ship with their blocks...

Hey, if they throw ship 10's community on 2, I'd be pleased as punch. RP community, UNITE! (>^.^)>

Halfway through the Emergency Mission announcement, and boom- there goes the servers. I really did laugh out loud. Hee-larious.

I know, some people started raging when the 15 minute warning for city came up. Funny as ALLLLLL get out.

Cyclon
Jul 8, 2012, 09:03 PM
Sega is trolling us it seems.

And she kept on talking even after I was sent back to the title screen, too.

Ryo
Jul 8, 2012, 09:04 PM
Talk about epic trolling, city came up *right* as they DC'd everyone. Oh well, at least I found one new rare today... now if only I could make some friggin' meseta.

Somnia
Jul 8, 2012, 09:04 PM
I.. totally forgot. Good one, Sega.

jiasu73
Jul 8, 2012, 09:07 PM
Banshee finally dropped a rare for me! Glad that happened before maint ^^

Wolfgrey666
Jul 8, 2012, 09:07 PM

So if it happens for days on end, it is only a problem for the impatient? *facepalm*

The point is that the limit shouldn't even be there in the first place.And it wouldn't have to be like this if they made it so you can go between ships. Thanks to multiparties, a lot of people will prefer to stick where there is people.

Some of those people will have problems making parties in the high density ships so will move to a lower population ship.Others will also have this idea and those low pop ships will level out.

Thus spreading the population effectively while maintaining the SAME server size they have now.How simple.

Sorry but this isn't big enough of a game to condone this terrible design. MHFO is even bigger and still doesn't have this restricted crap.Yet it is a 4 player party game.

Nevermind games like diablo 1 and 2,pso,psu.psp2, and others.

Sorry but this is not the way to do it.I dont see why they are going for this kind of design choice when it is only going to become a problem.

UnLucky
Jul 8, 2012, 09:08 PM
The hard mode free fields requirement was lvl 30 in the Open Beta though, so they didn't really changed the requirement.

All of the hard mode requirements are stupid. The good Caves missions and all of Desert open up at 25? Every free map unlocks right at 30? Why? What happened to progression? 24 is boring cause there's nothing good to do, but you're not going to do half of the new stuff at 25-29 because the other missions that unlocked at the exact same time are better.

Fucking Sega, I swear

Wolfgrey666
Jul 8, 2012, 09:09 PM
Talk about epic trolling, city came up *right* as they DC'd everyone. Oh well, at least I found one new rare today... now if only I could make some friggin' meseta.

Ya they really need to make the dam city a normal basis deal. When you have it in the middle of when the game is about to go down, you know it is bloody random...

Dark Emerald EXE
Jul 8, 2012, 09:10 PM
Lol I completely forgot bout this....was doing the Desert Mission where you have collect the 5 pieces at the end to finish it and the server cut off right after I turned the items in....I'd lol if it still counted as I didn't see the "Clear" logo

Oniyoru
Jul 8, 2012, 09:23 PM
Well so they locked the number of character per ship, even to people that already have characters there? o.O

I'm from Ship 1, have two characters there, wanted a third one =x

youcantcatchtheblue
Jul 8, 2012, 09:23 PM

(Unless they stay up till morning like me and/or you are also Japanese. ^^; )

lolz, I don't know about you, but I don't sleep from 11AM to 5PM.

11AM to 5PM is time for work. which means maintenance will be done just in time for peak Japanese hours.

Zero_Virus_X
Jul 8, 2012, 09:25 PM
Well, it is true and it will happen. The drops and scratches IN THE FUTURE will be better quality and somewhat exclusive at some points on premium blocks. Although, premiums still have an advantage on any block at the machines... the rate of drops/PSEs/meseta will be slightly (or more) better than on normal blocks.

At least then we can add it to the long list of pay to win games.

Firehouse1983
Jul 8, 2012, 09:25 PM
lolz, I don't know about you, but I don't sleep from 11AM to 5PM.

11AM to 5PM is time for work. which means maintenance will be done just in time for peak Japanese hours.

Meanwhile, I'll be waking up an hour after the servers come back online to go to work and then come home as the JP peak hours are dwindling for some (mostly) lag free PSO 2!

NeoMatrix
Jul 8, 2012, 09:27 PM
Sigh... this is what I get for not checking the forums for a day or two. Looks like I'll be waiting to make my Force alt for a while...

I wouldn't think there would be an issue with making another character for the same account as, conceivably, I could only be logged in from one system with one character at a time, but I'm guessing however Sega set up the servers, they can't distinguish between accounts already active on the ship and multiple characters, and new accounts being added... or they just don't want to.

Zyrusticae
Jul 8, 2012, 09:30 PM
At least then we can add it to the long list of pay to win games.
It's not P2W, it's "Freemium".

Goodness, people will call anything "P2W" these days...

Yden
Jul 8, 2012, 09:33 PM
Nevermind games like diablo 1 and 2,pso,psu.psp2, and others.

Diablo does have a similar system. It's called USeast, USwest, etc. You cannot move between the different battle.net servers and once you choose a server, that character is locked to it. The whole ship system is just a fancy name for different servers and is not an uncommon thing to do in MMOs. Ragnarok Online has their Choas and Loli servers, WoW has numerous realms, MapleStory has different Worlds.

The big problem with PSO2, however, isn't the fact that characters are locked to ships. The major issue is that to transfer to a new ship, you need to either delete your old character or pay AC for a ticket. Because of this additional red tape, a player can't really just start over on this new ship with friends who couldn't make a character on your original ship easily. This pretty much causes the ships to remain overcrowded since people aren't really willing to jump through the additional hoops to start over with friends.

Zero_Virus_X
Jul 8, 2012, 09:34 PM

I know you always trolling but ill play, first let me give you a pair of glasses so you can read what I quoted.

raiden55
Jul 8, 2012, 09:35 PM
pso2 is the first mmo i see having his maintenance on his country's day time...

gigawuts
Jul 8, 2012, 09:37 PM

PC games are all P2W because you need to pay for a PC to win PC games omg omg

Yeah... :\

The way I see it is, as long as I feel satisfied with the content and that it's worth money, I'll pay to get extras. If I DON'T feel satisfied with it, I won't be paying. I would rather they didn't adopt a P2W model, and honestly in a PVE game it doesn't really matter even if they do, but it would bring the game down overall I think.

I don't owe them anything, they're offering most of what I'm getting for free. But at the same time, if nobody pays they won't keep it running. So yeah, my 40 bucks won't run the servers, but my 40 bucks along with everybody else's AC purchases will.

Scarlet_Rain
Jul 8, 2012, 09:42 PM
better launch than a lot of recent games >.>

Caydence
Jul 8, 2012, 09:43 PM
Im addicted.

Miyoko
Jul 8, 2012, 09:49 PM
All of the hard mode requirements are stupid. The good Caves missions and all of Desert open up at 25? Every free map unlocks right at 30? Why? What happened to progression? 24 is boring cause there's nothing good to do, but you're not going to do half of the new stuff at 25-29 because the other missions that unlocked at the exact same time are better.

Fucking Sega, I swear

This is my biggest complaint with the game, too. :l The pacing sucks such absolute horrid balls. The game forces you to fight enemies who are WAY too easy for way too long, and it just gets tedious. The only time I've felt genuine threat, and also the time I had the most fun, was fighting a +15 level Ragne. It was awesome. Half the time I barely pay attention otherwise. I'm using subpar gear and still one-shotting enemies, because the game refuses to let me fight anything higher than 2 levels above me.

Randomness
Jul 8, 2012, 09:56 PM
This is my biggest complaint with the game, too. :l The pacing sucks such absolute horrid balls. The game forces you to fight enemies who are WAY too easy for way too long, and it just gets tedious. The only time I've felt genuine threat, and also the time I had the most fun, was fighting a +15 level Ragne. It was awesome. Half the time I barely pay attention otherwise. I'm using subpar gear and still one-shotting enemies, because the game refuses to let me fight anything higher than 2 levels above me.

There's a brief period when you hit 20 that you can go up +5 levels in caves... and of course hard emergency.

But yeah.

Miyoko
Jul 8, 2012, 09:58 PM
There's a brief period when you hit 20 that you can go up +5 levels in caves... and of course hard emergency.

But yeah.

Hard emergency is GREAT ... When it's there. And it's not the stoopid 500 points one. :(

I hope we get another early maintenance completed like the other day.

NoiseHERO
Jul 8, 2012, 09:59 PM
I know you always trolling but ill play, first let me give you a pair of glasses so you can read what I quoted.

I dunno whose perspective needs to be changed this time and I don't care.

Just reading this post made me think...

"DAYYYYUUUUUUUMMMMMMM~"

gigawuts
Jul 8, 2012, 10:00 PM
Out of the 6 people I started playing PSO2 with, I was the only one who kept pace after hitting 20 all the way up to 30. I was already 30 before anyone else I knew managed to slog through to 25. It's really bad.

Now a couple are back and it's pretty much exactly as bad to get the 90 items from each area for coffee. I was perfectly content to do 25->30 in the desert multiparty area, I really like the desert. I really don't like the caves. Making us do all that in every area was just cruel.

Caydence
Jul 8, 2012, 10:03 PM
I really don't like the caves. Making us do all that in every area was just cruel.

Agreed 100%. Plus the caves' environment art is just plain awful. Whoever worked on it should be shot.

Zyrusticae
Jul 8, 2012, 10:05 PM
My post still stands.

Unfortunately, unlike my pair of glasses, there is currently no way to transplant a working left brain for you.

Also unfortunately, I do not actively attempt to gain the ire of others. That is merely an unfortunate side-effect of my abrasive and/or sensitive personality. If you honestly think anyone who is merely abrasive is "trolling", I will direct you to this handy definition:

In Internet slang, a troll is someone who posts inflammatory, extraneous, or off-topic messages in an online community, such as an online discussion forum, chat room, or blog, with the primary intent of provoking readers into an emotional response or of otherwise disrupting normal on-topic discussion.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Troll_(Internet)
Which actually sounds a lot more like what you are doing right now. Congratulations, I suppose?

Enforcer MKV
Jul 8, 2012, 10:11 PM
I dunno whose perspective needs to be changed this time and I don't care.

Just reading this post made me think...

"DAYYYYUUUUUUUMMMMMMM~"

I'll give you a hint; I'm siding with Zyru on this one.

Cypher_9
Jul 8, 2012, 10:16 PM
Its just for 6 hours... go to sleep people... :D

ForeGod
Jul 8, 2012, 10:16 PM
This fucked me up sooo bad

NoiseHERO
Jul 8, 2012, 10:19 PM
I'll give you a hint; I'm siding with Zyru on this one.

Who cares it's an internet argument, there are no right sides to it!

Only shame! e-peens! and the feeling of your time being wasted! All spawned from the bottled ideals that one has acquired from their own socially inadequate lifestyles!

DRINK BEER!

Enforcer MKV
Jul 8, 2012, 10:28 PM

Only shame! e-peens! and the feeling of your time being wasted! All spawned from the bottled ideals that one has acquired from their own socially inadequate lifestyles!

DRINK BEER!

Oh, trust me, I'm not joining the argument. Only saying who I think is right.

Anyway, keep on spinning that wheel, Rock. Rollin', rollin', rollin'~.

Wolfgrey666
Jul 8, 2012, 10:36 PM
Diablo does have a similar system. It's called USeast, USwest, etc. You cannot move between the different battle.net servers and once you choose a server, that character is locked to it. The whole ship system is just a fancy name for different servers and is not an uncommon thing to do in MMOs. Ragnarok Online has their Choas and Loli servers, WoW has numerous realms, MapleStory has different Worlds.

The big problem with PSO2, however, isn't the fact that characters are locked to ships. The major issue is that to transfer to a new ship, you need to either delete your old character or pay AC for a ticket. Because of this additional red tape, a player can't really just start over on this new ship with friends who couldn't make a character on your original ship easily. This pretty much causes the ships to remain overcrowded since people aren't really willing to jump through the additional hoops to start over with friends.

So all in all their current system fails to do what they intended it to do? Sounds like Sega alright.They aren't the brightest these days.

By simply allowing "server jumping"(moving from ship to ship) they would solve their problem. Ships would level out and it wouldn't be as highly congested.This isn't exactly hard to accomplish.

Set up so you have this option from the get go.Sure you might have to go back to ship select(this would take you off the current server so that you aren't making the load heavy while you are changing) but it would allow friends to go where they wish and help the community as a whole(japanese or english). They are in danger of chasing away customers (or potential customers) for good when there are easier game options to deal with.

You see the main problem is that they are using the exact same model as before(ships,blocks) but are treating them as servers. While they maybe much larger in size than before it simply creates the same problem on a larger scale.Nothing more. Stretching out the blocks simply is only a temp solution with the same problem happening later. Especially since this game is still growing rather than declining.The player party and multi party functions create the problem in a way since it is still using a model designed for that rather than entire servers with a crap load of space.

Just think of ships on pso2 as very small servers.Sure larger than the old basic servers but small nevertheless. It is poor design implementation, that is all.

Zero_Virus_X
Jul 8, 2012, 10:47 PM
Thank you, I guess you should add me to the list of people you fished?

Sadly, the irony in your post lead me to believe that my original diagnosis was wrong and your abrasive/emo personality has burnt not only your left brain but your right brain as well.

But I already knew this was the case as I said I'll play, it didn't take too long to get an emotional from you. So back to your home at 4chan I guess?

----

On topic: This server design is common in the korean mmo's so they probably didn't give it much thought because it has worked for them. But the thing is those games usually don't start with TEN small servers, they usually start with 1 to 3 with more being added as needed. At this time the easiest solution would be to freely switch ships at any time which could help ease things and would benefit all in the long run because I'm sure there's some Japanese communities that are being split apart atm with the server blocks

BIG OLAF
Jul 8, 2012, 10:49 PM
emo personality

I lol'd a bit.

Abrasive? Yes. Embittered? Yes. Curmudgeonly? Yes.

and not even all the time!

But he's not "emo."

Wolfgrey666
Jul 8, 2012, 10:50 PM
I lol'd a bit.

Abrasive? Yes. Embittered? Yes. Curmudgeonly? Yes.

and not even all the time!

But he's not "emo."

I had to look up that last word to learn what it meant.Learn something new everyday.

Enforcer MKV
Jul 8, 2012, 10:54 PM
Don't take the bait, Zyru. He's not worth it.

RocSage
Jul 8, 2012, 10:55 PM
I'll just leave this right here
http://www.pso-world.com/forums/showthread.php?t=197539

Also... Learning another language with the same symbols is hard for most people, learning a language with 2 sets of phonetic symbols and a set of conceptual that are mixed together randomly is incredibly difficult. Let's not forget that several symbols in Kana and Kanji look alike so even if you know how the language works phonetically and memorize all the symbols you are still bound to make mistakes.

Zyrusticae
Jul 8, 2012, 10:59 PM
[spoiler-box]Thank you, I guess you should add me to the list of people you fished?

Sadly, the irony in your post lead me to believe that my original diagnosis was wrong and your abrasive/emo personality has burnt not only your left brain but your right brain as well.

But I already knew this was the case as I said I'll play, it didn't take too long to get an emotional from you. So back to your home at 4chan I guess?[/spoiler-box]

You know, I really find it hard to understand why some folks do this.

For one, it's your assumption that I have been/am trolling, and I already made a rebuttal to that, but you cling to your assumption anyway because... [fill in the blank]

Two, you have done absolutely nothing to defend your original post (other than "you didn't read it fully!", which I most certainly did thank you very much), preferring instead to focus entirely on snide personal attacks.

Three, all of the above does you absolutely no favors and does nothing to improve your image, self- or otherwise, in any way.

So, you know... if you ever want to approach me in a less brazenly stupid manner, feel free to do so. But for the record, it is VERY poor manners and poor judgment to open up with your very first post addressing a person with "you're a troll", veiled or otherwise. How else am I going to respond? How many people on this planet would honestly respond to that in a friendly manner? What did you expect?

Seriously, open up with that to any poster on this forum and you'll more than likely get a seriously snarky or outright hostile post in response, so why do it? Why bring it upon yourself? It makes no sense. Take a few steps back, please, I think you might be starting to suffocate from breathing down my neck so deeply.

soulpimpwizzurd
Jul 8, 2012, 11:00 PM

DRINK BEER!

no u can win internet argument just speak loudest bring up the most red herrings and get the most people to side with you then feel satisfied. u also have 2 have the last say.

"all spawned from the bottled ideals that one has acquired from their own socially inadequate lifestyles" made me lol though.

das sum mad spittin' homes

and ya, a hefty amount of people think the client orders to unlock tundra and hard mode are a load of bollocks. the fact that there's no normal mode for tundra is an incredible turn off as well. dick move to encourage exp+50% bonus tickets.

good thing i have dual monitors, i'm pretty much always streaming netflix/shows while i play pso2 during the admittedly tasteless parts (grinding, matter board, etc.)

i'll pause it when it gets exciting though and i have to focus, like when i fight against a boss.

it does take a significant amount of time to level up nonetheless, which is stupid. they really got greedy with this whole tundra business. mines probably won't have a normal mode either.

UnLucky
Jul 8, 2012, 11:12 PM
So did Zyru take the time to read the post the guy was quoting (not himself) in the first place?

Cause better (exclusive) drops sounds like P2W to me, even if it's entirely facetious. Increased exp/meseta/drop frequency for paying users might fall under freemium, though.

Zero_Virus_X
Jul 8, 2012, 11:32 PM
no u can win internet argument just speak loudest bring up the most red herrings and get the most people to side with you then feel satisfied. u also have 2 have the last say.

Of course typing a big mighty wall of text wins the argument.

---

I probably not even bother to reply any other poster because really...who else is trying for the SDF. Anyways, somebody spelled it out for you so unless you want to say pay to win doesn't exist then there's not much to do here.

Arika
Jul 8, 2012, 11:34 PM
Mine Area will come before they rise the cap to 50. So it will still be in Hard mode.

mhjc
Jul 8, 2012, 11:35 PM
Mines is Very Hard only.

How? Very hard isn't coming until lv50 cap is made. Mines would be old news by the time VH kicks in.

Geistritter
Jul 8, 2012, 11:36 PM
Mines is Very Hard only.

Just goes to show that being able to address a few mistakes from the past doesn't mean you've learned the finer points of making a good game.

It's a shame, because I was pulling for this one, but it looks like it's going to be dragged under by the things outside of the gameplay engine this time.

Izuna
Jul 8, 2012, 11:43 PM
This fucked me up sooo bad

I haven't been able to play too much of this game yet but I really enjoy it. However the past two times I had a bit of time to play it, it had maintenance. It seems so spontaneous.

It's worth the wait for me =)

Dark Emerald EXE
Jul 8, 2012, 11:45 PM
I have to say.....idk the Desert's Boss name translated is.....but although he's annoying since he has those little tentacles that come out the ground that do various things....

So far he's my favorite boss in terms of difficulty....
Of course I haven't been to tundra yet so i might get a surprise lol

Enforcer MKV
Jul 8, 2012, 11:48 PM

I'm rather interested in knowing where you learned this, since this is the first time I've heard of it.

It seems to me this may hinge on whether it's the 'rate' of drops versus the drops themselves. You say 'somewhat exclusive' but what exactly does this mean? Does this mean that 'only' Premium has any chance of obtaining them? Or is it still possible for free players to get, only more difficult?

Zyrusticae
Jul 8, 2012, 11:50 PM
So did Zyru take the time to read the post the guy was quoting (not himself) in the first place?

Cause better (exclusive) drops sounds like P2W to me, even if it's entirely facetious. Increased exp/meseta/drop frequency for paying users might fall under freemium, though.
No, pay-to-win is exclusively when you pay specifically for things that non-paying players can never, ever attain, ever. Boosts are in a bit of a grey area, but because they only speed up progression and do not usurp it, they are in the clear.

If those items are behind a monthly sub, on the other hand, it is still "freemium". The "free" section becomes more of an extended trial than anything else.

It rather irks me when people continually muddy the phrase "P2W" by assuming any advantage at all is P2W. It makes things unclear and confusing when even freemium games fall under that banner.

So far he's my favorite boss in terms of difficulty....
Of course I haven't been to tundra yet so i might get a surprise lol
OH BOY, ARE YOU! :-D

BIG OLAF
Jul 8, 2012, 11:52 PM

I'm rather interested in knowing where you learned this, since this is the first time I've heard of it.

Me too. Nothing has been spoken of this anywhere. Ricardo would have had something up about this the moment it broke news.

Cyanide77
Jul 8, 2012, 11:52 PM
Why you no like us Westerners.

Darnell0216
Jul 8, 2012, 11:53 PM
Long time lurker who finally decided to get up and download PSO2. After several attempts to make my character because I kept hitting the Randomize button and didn't understand there was an undo button until after the fact, I made it into the Tutorial on Ship 10 due to the Ship 2 lockout. Question is, since I was mid-tutorial, is my character still considered part of Ship 10 or will I be in some sort of limbo when the servers come back online?

Ryo
Jul 8, 2012, 11:55 PM
I've not heard of this, either. I'd like to see some info.

Nibelungenlied
Jul 8, 2012, 11:55 PM
Long time lurker who finally decided to get up and download PSO2. After several attempts to make my character because I kept hitting the Randomize button and didn't understand there was an undo button until after the fact, I made it into the Tutorial on Ship 10 due to the Ship 2 lockout. Question is, since I was mid-tutorial, is my character still considered part of Ship 10 or will I be in some sort of limbo when the servers come back online?

You'll be fine.

And as far as Ship 10 is concerned, I'm really glad this is happening. No offense to the English community, but the amount of trololing I've seen lately has been ridiculous.

BIG OLAF
Jul 8, 2012, 11:57 PM
No offense to the English community, but the amount of trololing I've seen lately has been ridiculous.

Has it? Care to give some examples? Since there's been a 'ridiculous' amount, I'm sure you'll have no trouble finding some.

Izuna
Jul 9, 2012, 12:00 AM
It's a shame, because I was pulling for this one, but it looks like it's going to be dragged under by the things outside of the gameplay engine this time.

Currently the gameplay is right up there, and it's amazing in comparison to it's competitors. Being free-to-play means they have to do things like this. Their budget comes from simply product-placement and AC.

The one thing you have to consider is that the servers are getting larger as the game gets a larger community. I'm sure everyone at SEGA is really hard at work, and they just wanted the game to be out as soon as possible or they were pressured to do so.

UnLucky
Jul 9, 2012, 12:00 AM
No, pay-to-win is exclusively when you pay specifically for things that non-paying players can never, ever attain, ever. Boosts are in a bit of a grey area, but because they only speed up progression and do not usurp it, they are in the clear.

If those items are behind a monthly sub, on the other hand, it is still "freemium". The "free" section becomes more of an extended trial than anything else.

It rather irks me when people continually muddy the phrase "P2W" by assuming any advantage at all is P2W. It makes things unclear and confusing when even freemium games fall under that banner.
So if the best weapon in the game is exclusively in the AC scratch (and no-trade), it's not pay to win since it's not for sale on its own?

Or if item grinding was available only to paying subscribers, it's freemium?

We're learning

Chacron
Jul 9, 2012, 12:02 AM
You'll be fine.

And as far as Ship 10 is concerned, I'm really glad this is happening. No offense to the English community, but the amount of trololing I've seen lately has been ridiculous.

Haven't seen any trolling of any substance in ship 10, worst thing is just folks spamming annoying symbol chat at random times.

DemonMike
Jul 9, 2012, 12:05 AM
Has it? Care to give some examples? Since there's been a 'ridiculous' amount, I'm sure you'll have no trouble finding some.

I'm not seeing a ridiculous amount myself, but I saw something quite disturbing earlier on Ship 2.

Turns out I'm not the only one who saw it looking at /vg/, but quite a lot of people were OUTSIDE of the lobby behind the window spamming their usual stolen symbols.

Might have to go find the screenshot and report the names actually..

Nibelungenlied
Jul 9, 2012, 12:07 AM

I won't list names simply because I don't like to insult others when they can't defend themselves, but I can give examples of what's been happening. The recent influx has brought: spamming (whether it be rather disturbing symbol art or "testing" of the censor), players disrespecting the Japanese community, players disrespecting the English community (usually found on Block 20), attempted account scamming, and finally a slew of generally unappealing characters who either don't pay attention to the answers to their questions or are simply not intelligent enough to understand.

Like I said, this isn't meant to insult the English community as a whole, just the recent trololols that Ship 10 has been receiving.

DemonMike
Jul 9, 2012, 12:10 AM
I'm not seeing a ridiculous amount myself, but I saw something quite disturbing earlier on Ship 2.

Turns out I'm not the only one who saw it looking at /vg/, but quite a lot of people were OUTSIDE of the lobby behind the window spamming their usual stolen symbols.

Might have to go find the screenshot and report the names actually..

Here's the screenshot from /vg/

[SPOILER-BOX]http://i.imgur.com/kQHIG.jpg[/SPOILER-BOX]

Can't work out when it was taken, but I saw quite a lot more when I witnessed it myself. Luckily for some, you can hardly read the names so I doubt a report will do much.

BIG OLAF
Jul 9, 2012, 12:13 AM

Can't work out when it was taken, but I saw quite a lot more when I witnessed it myself. Luckily for some, you can hardly read the names so I doubt a report will do much.

Mhm, I saw them multiple times whilst playing today, as well. Definitely not good to be mucking around with shit like that. That's asking for trouble, especially this early in the game's life. But, whatever. they think it's cool, then they'll suffer the consequences, if any, that befall them.

Zyrusticae
Jul 9, 2012, 12:16 AM
So if the best weapon in the game is exclusively in the AC scratch (and no-trade), it's not pay to win since it's not for sale on its own?

Or if item grinding was available only to paying subscribers, it's freemium?

We're learning
For the former, for that specific example it would be gamble-to-win, which is doubly bad. I am not convinced they will ever do such a thing, however, and that wasn't what the OP was saying anyways, so far as I can tell.

For the latter, yes, that would be freemium. Just like in Champions Online, they lock a bunch of bank slots, bag slots, the ability to have a freeform character, the ability to color your powers, and even more besides, behind the sub fee... but it is still not pay-to-win, it is merely freemium, because all those things are locked behind a sub fee, rather than being paid for explicitly (although you can choose to do so, doing so won't make you better than a subscribed player).

Nibelungenlied
Jul 9, 2012, 12:21 AM

If you could possibly check the image data on that file, I'd really appreciate knowing when that was taken. I mostly stay on Block 20, but due to my habit of afk dancing I might have missed this.

Might be something I have to keep my eye open for from now on.

DemonMike
Jul 9, 2012, 12:28 AM
If you could possibly check the image data on that file, I'd really appreciate knowing when that was taken. I mostly stay on Block 20, but due to my habit of afk dancing I might have missed this.

The exif data seems to be wrong, but the post date on /vg/ is Sunday morning at around 1:30am EST. This quite a lot earlier than when I saw it, so I possibly saw very different people doing it.

Either way, I doubt I'll be turning a blind eye to this any more.

Nibelungenlied
Jul 9, 2012, 12:32 AM
The exif data seems to be wrong, but the post date on /vg/ is Sunday morning at around 1:30am EST. This quite a lot earlier than when I saw it, so I possibly saw very different people doing it.

Either way, I doubt I'll be turning a blind eye to this any more.

Thanks for the information. That sounds about the time I'm usually afk (darn my sleep schedule), however while I'm present in the lobby I'll start keeping an eye out for it. Would it be possible that those images are simply client based, and they may in fact be within the bounds of the ship?? (Highly unlikely I know, but I'd rather not start a witch hunt if I can avoid it ^^;)

DeltaSonic
Jul 9, 2012, 12:37 AM
This is either just some bizarre bug or, if the rumor is true, one person has a script up causing AFK people to be sent there. According to a friend, I was outside too at one point when I AFK'd in the lobby for about 30 mins. On my screen I was exactly where I had been. The moment I moved slightly my friend told me I warped out. Point is you can't hold all the people in there accountable at the moment for whatever this. I think this is just some script kiddie getting tired of all the AFKers and lobby dancers (What gives? I wasn't even dancing!). Also I've only seen this happen on block 20.

Nibelungenlied
Jul 9, 2012, 12:40 AM
This is either just some bizarre bug or, if the rumor is true, one person has a script up causing AFK people to be sent there. According to a friend, I was outside too at one point when I AFK'd in the lobby for about 30 mins. On my screen I was exactly where I had been. The moment I moved slightly my friend told me I warped out. Point is you can't hold all the people in there accountable at the moment for whatever this. I think this is just some script kiddie getting tired of all the AFKers and lobby dancers (What gives? I wasn't even dancing!). Also I've only seen this happen on block 20.

Block 20 is pretty much where every English player attempts to go on Ship 10 (we actually have a fairly large presence on it o_O), but I've never heard of anyone appearing outside the ship before now.

Is it possible this could be an issue in regards to peoples' graphics settings, and it simply pushes the characters out of bounds?

DeltaSonic
Jul 9, 2012, 12:45 AM
Block 20 is pretty much where every English player attempts to go on Ship 10 (we actually have a fairly large presence on it o_O), but I've never heard of anyone appearing outside the ship before now.

Is it possible this could be an issue in regards to peoples' graphics settings, and it simply pushes the characters out of bounds?

I should correct this and say Ship 2, block 20. Only seeing occur there is what is leading me to believe that script rumor. Or it could just be a funky loading bug. Like I said and from what I can tell, anyone outside is not aware they are outside unless they are told so. Once it happened to me, I started avoiding block 20.

HunterFusion
Jul 9, 2012, 01:16 AM

Oh I remember that time! :O About early in the morning or probably in the afternoon about 12 pm either that. I can only know whenever my "me gusta" occurs. Always too curious about these "wall glitches"

Hucast-Kireek
Jul 9, 2012, 02:06 AM
How many hours till PSO2 is back up?

DeltaSonic
Jul 9, 2012, 02:09 AM
How many hours till PSO2 is back up?

None.

Izuna
Jul 9, 2012, 02:11 AM
I am personally read most of the Japanese and when I can't I ask my other half who is a native, so it feel like a full release to me. However I prefer the English-speaking community mostly because the Japanese tend to be more, how do I say, anti-social.

When it comes to cheating I don't care who does it, SEGA shouldn't be using such awful protection such as GameGuard, and afaik even back in PSO a lot of the exploits weren't just Western only. There was a lot of crap going on in JP PSOBB.

Hucast-Kireek
Jul 9, 2012, 02:23 AM
Guess I over-waited, hahah.