PDA

View Full Version : Why was I not told about that hype Forest/Tundra challenge map?

HFlowen
Jul 8, 2012, 09:03 PM
Holy crap is that map fun. You have to use TEAMWORK and stuff, goddamn.

Stupid maintenance stopped my team midway.

Kanore
Jul 8, 2012, 09:03 PM
it's an actual PSO quest

like max attack

HFlowen
Jul 8, 2012, 09:04 PM
it's an actual PSO quest

like max attack

i KNOW! Figured I would've heard more about it.

xBladeM6x
Jul 8, 2012, 09:05 PM
It's by far my favorite mission thus far. I would run it more if I had it unlocked, but alas, I am only able to run it if friends host it first. :c

Coatl
Jul 8, 2012, 09:05 PM
Yeah I tried it.
It's crazy fun really.

And dying nets you a big fat FAILURE.
So yeah, try not to die. Me and my friends had fun nonetheless though.

Blackheart521
Jul 8, 2012, 09:06 PM
Was actually gonna make a thread about this earlier, I love this map, plus I got to give some lower end player friends a taste of the tundra before they hit 30. ^^

Phantasma
Jul 8, 2012, 09:07 PM
Any reward for winning? Loads of meseta would be a big incentive for me...

Chaosfissure
Jul 8, 2012, 09:09 PM
Reminds me a lot of PSO Cmode, except not quite as complicated yet. I'm curious to see what more they will do to this series of quests; they're rather enjoyable. The only lol thing is if you have a PSE burst during it because of the fixed spawns XD

I've run through it before, and must say I rather enjoy it quite a bit. I'd be up for a gig sometime when servers are up if anyone is interested.

EDIT: No, there aren't any rewards that I can see, though beating it unlocks a few quests from the cowboy - requests to srank both difficulty modes of the quests (and possibly more, haven't beaten them both in srank yet to find out).

Jungo Torii
Jul 8, 2012, 09:09 PM
I was just trying it myself, and yeah, it seems really fun. Of course, I kinda just threw myself into it without having any idea what to do, but that's ok, I guess.

Anima!
Jul 8, 2012, 09:10 PM
I WAS IN!

Somnia
I wish I could find a party for this. If anyone wants to setup some groups let me know!

Randomness
Is it fixed-level or anything like that?

HFlowen
Jul 8, 2012, 09:11 PM
I WAS IN!

This is Mai, we need to swap cards later, I totally forgot maintenance was coming.

Chaosfissure
Jul 8, 2012, 09:11 PM
Fixed level? You get to use your characters and the gear you have on them; as long as you meet the minimum level requirement, you can participate. There is NO reset to level or gear.

And I'd be down for it :P

mhjc
Jul 8, 2012, 09:12 PM
I've been interested in the mode, but too busy making money as of late. I would prefer if it were more complicated like old PSO1 Cmode, because those were my favorite missions.

HFlowen
Is it fixed-level or anything like that?

It has normal and hard modes. I'm pretty sure hard mode is 25+, dunno about normal mode.

gigawuts
it's an actual PSO quest

like max attack

So much this. I'm glad they're bringing this stuff back. This kind of stuff gave PSO its long term fun factor.

Jungo Torii
Jul 8, 2012, 09:14 PM
This is Mai, we need to swap cards later, I totally forgot maintenance was coming.
Yeah, it should be obvious who I am. Sorry about being kind of dumb in that mission. Wasn't sure what i was doing yet. I'll run it again tomorrow for sure, though.

So this is KIND of like how an original PSO mission feels? I don't really know because I never had a chance to play any version of it.

HFlowen
Jul 8, 2012, 09:14 PM
I spent a good ten minutes with two other guys trying to get a fourth player for this mission but everyone was too busy F'ING DANCING.

NoiseHERO
Jul 8, 2012, 09:15 PM
Self built stats relevant... So it's not like PSP2's Challenge mode... My interest competitive wise was lost, instantly.

Fun wise? Meh just reminds me of PSU's boring "teamwork" quests like the dreaded "BRUCE" and "HSM"...

I'd rather just stick to ninja killing monsters brainlessly and continuing about my adventures...

Blackheart521
It has normal and hard modes. I'm pretty sure hard mode is 25+, dunno about normal mode.

Normal is 15+ but only way anyone who is not over 30 can play it is if someone brings them along that has unlocked. ^^;

Chaosfissure
Well, it's beat enemies to unlock a next area - that's very PSO1 :P There are some parts you can skip ahead, and parts that encourage teamwork (people in multiple areas at once to make quicker work of the spawns).

gigawuts
Yeah, it should be obvious who I am. Sorry about being kind of dumb in that mission. Wasn't sure what i was doing yet. I'll run it again tomorrow for sure, though.

So this is KIND of like how an original PSO mission feels? I don't really know because I never had a chance to play any version of it.

Similar, yeah. The original quests varied, but a lot of them had this feel where you were running a sort of actual puzzle or gauntlet created by an actual person. There was an objective and you didn't necessarily know what it was when you went in. You didn't know what to expect next and it almost never got done right in one, two, even three runs.

HFlowen
Jul 8, 2012, 09:17 PM
It's certainly a pleasant change of pace from the structure every other mission uses. I want more of these maps, yesterday.

Normal is 15+ but only way anyone who is not over 30 can play it is if someone brings them along that has unlocked. ^^;

Wut, how does this even make sense? They really need to change or outright remove these level restrictions on missions.

Anima!
Jul 8, 2012, 09:26 PM
Well, cya tomorrow and exchange cards to pull it off^^

gigawuts
Jul 8, 2012, 09:28 PM
Sign me up as well. Best I've gotten was an A rank as we blundered around trying to figure out why there were so many buttons (we obviously eventually figured it out). I'm wondering what happens when you get an S rank.

just2good
Jul 8, 2012, 09:33 PM
How do you unlock this mission?

ps0k1d
Jul 8, 2012, 09:38 PM
I'm totally in for these missions! They are a lot of fun and refreshing from the normals ones. I love the fact that if you die here and run out of moons, it actually counts for something. Time to bring that tank build out into full force!

If you see me in ship 2 tomorrow yell at me and let me know you want to run one of these.
My name in game is psokid. :)

HFlowen
Jul 8, 2012, 09:40 PM

No idea, think it showed up for me sometime while I was doing the tundra missions.

just2good
Jul 8, 2012, 09:42 PM
No idea, think it showed up for me sometime while I was doing the tundra missions.

Alright thanks, gotta get 2 more levels then.

Scarlet_Rain
Jul 8, 2012, 09:45 PM
o0o0. Guess ill try and get a party goin when servers are back up, if anyone's awake.

Blackheart521
Jul 8, 2012, 09:46 PM

After you complete the third Tundra mission it unlocks. ^^

just2good
Jul 8, 2012, 09:49 PM
After you complete the third Tundra mission it unlocks. ^^

Awesome! thanks a bunch, can't wait until I unlock it.