PDA

View Full Version : Multi-Purpose thread dedicated to PSO2 and it's community

GrieverXVII
Jul 8, 2012, 09:16 PM
Hello! I just wanted to make a thread expressing my thoughts and feelings toward PSO2 and the actively on-going community. I'll try not to make this too lengthy lol...

So I've been a very very long time reader, i remember using this website to build my mags for PSO on dreamcast. But i've finally decided to register a forum account and participate in the discussions here. I just wanted to say that i am very impressed at how helpful and actively supportive everyone here is towards each other, The amount of guides and help topics that have stemmed from the JP release of PSO2 is astounding and makes me so happy to see people helping other people but also ultimately keeping the PSO franchise going strong, for that i want to say thank you to everyone and the creators of this website for all these years of service.

The next subject to touch on is, PSO2. I've mainly played PSO/BB not so much universe, but i've always loved the PSO series, there's something about this game's art style and gameplay mechanics that draw me right in and i can't stop loving it even after several many years. This game has it's differences compared to other PSO games, but after playing it for a week (despite not knowing japanese) and all the helpful guides this game is just getting better and better and BETTER! I love everything about it so far.

As for the whole "free to play" or freemium as they call it...to be honest there's many different variations of how these business models can be done...to be honest, i like what they've done here for PSO2. Downloading it is free and playing it is free, so it's like a large Demo of the game, but for free. then you decide if you like it or not, and the way i see it is. a regular game these days costs like $60-70 CAN, if this game is free...i really don't mind spending $60-70 in premiums to achieve the full amount of content this game provides, cuz technically i just bought the game. but even if people don't want to pay at all, a large portion of the game is there to play for free...and that's awesome.

I really really wish for a North American version of this game.

So hopefully this isn't too long of a read, just thought i'd throw out a introductory thread for myself with some thankfulness behind it :)
I look forward to getting to know some of you better!

oh btw my name's Ryan
If interested my website can be found at www.ryanfissenwert.tumblr.com
and i do usually a daily streaming of xbox and pc games over on twitch tv, which can be found at www.justin.tv/fizz_gaming
thanks!!!

Kanore
Jul 8, 2012, 09:22 PM
i really doubt that you are an ultimate super saiyan

Firehouse1983
Jul 8, 2012, 09:32 PM
I think just about everyone and their mother is hoping for some sort of English port/patch/server/etc...but I do agree with you, in regards that I am truly enjoying the game, language barrier or not. I went "premium" and it's definitely $37.72 that was well spent.

Other than the frequent maintenance down-times (which are only going to make the game better) I have nothing to gripe about.

I never played the old school Phantasy Stars...I just got my start in the original PSO on the Dreamcast...so I really should thank my friend for basically ruining any free time I have by playing this :P

Caydence
Jul 8, 2012, 09:38 PM
Cheers man! Its nice to see another game artist on the forums here.

GrieverXVII
Jul 8, 2012, 09:43 PM
Thank you all :)