PDA

View Full Version : So that's it? New Eng. Players are screwed?

Zipzo
Jul 9, 2012, 02:20 AM
Tried to log in to my friends account a secure a character spot but apparently it's not letting me, so there's no limit they just straight blocked it (potentially because the limit was already hit previous to the patch).

So, what now...have to reroll to a non-english ship to play with newer-to-the-game friends?

DemonMike
Jul 9, 2012, 02:22 AM
Yeah, Ship 10 is the latest to be locked down, meaning only 6-9 are available now. I think I heard a small English community is playing on Ship 6 but I can't say for sure.

Garnet_Moon
Jul 9, 2012, 02:22 AM
...or you can wait a while like we did during the beta to get on the server we wanted. I say a while because it was only a day or two in beta, this is announced to be a week or so lock, isn't it?

Izuna
Jul 9, 2012, 02:25 AM
Bare in mind you're playing a Japanese game, and thus complaining that you can't be with the unintended English community. Don't worry, the game so good and you will find a few English players all over the place.

As Mike said, it seems Ship 6 is the next one to sign up for, or you could simply wait for the Ships to open up their lock.

Zipzo
Jul 9, 2012, 02:25 AM
...or you can wait a while like we did during the beta to get on the server we wanted. I say a while because it was only a day or two in beta, this is announced to be a week or so lock, isn't it?Wait? You're aware ship 2 has been locked for...a while now right, and still is? Who's to say how long ship 10 will be locked for?

It's the difference between playing or not playing.

Bare in mind you're playing a Japanese game, and thus complaining that you can't be with the unintended English community. Don't worry, the game so good and you will find a few English players all over the place.

As Mike said, it seems Ship 6 is the next one to sign up for, or you could simply wait for the Ships to open up their lock.Hence why I didn't charge over to the JP site and leave an angry customer rant. PSO-W =/= criticizing the developers.

Halcyote
Jul 9, 2012, 02:28 AM
a while = a few days?

k

RocSage
Jul 9, 2012, 02:30 AM
I really wish people would be less ego centric. Sega is not trying to screw English players. The first few servers and the last server is almost always full first due to thats how most people select servers because they are lazy.

I almost feel bad saying this but people keep on having problems, but me, I have had 0. I couldn't log on to Ship 2 for a half hour during the first day, but after that nothing has come up.
I also have 2 other accounts, 1 on Ship 2 and the other on ship 10. I made them just for story stuff. And those again have had no problems either. I guess Sega must just love me ^.^

Mike
Jul 9, 2012, 02:33 AM
a while = a few days?
A week or two, though probably longer if the game continues to be popular.

こちらの作成制限については、1~2週間程度の期間行わせていただく予定です。
http://ameblo.jp/sega-psblog/entry-11295532923.html

Polly
Jul 9, 2012, 02:36 AM
It's not just English players that are screwed, despite you wanting to spin this into some kind of ego-centric pseudo-WHY JAPAN NOT CATER TO US rant. NOBODY can create characters on those specified ships.

Even aliens from other planets, sadly.

Even the aliens.

Think of the aliens. :(

Halcyote
Jul 9, 2012, 02:39 AM
A week or two, though probably longer if the game continues to be popular.

http://ameblo.jp/sega-psblog/entry-11295532923.html
my point is that it hasn't been a week yet. the way drayk wrote their comment made it seem like ship 2 has been locked since release which is wrong. there was a lock in ob but that didn't last more than a day.

ship 2 was good before they decided to do the most recent lockdowns.

Zipzo
Jul 9, 2012, 02:41 AM
It's not just English players that are screwed, despite you wanting to spin this into some kind of ego-centric pseudo-WHY JAPAN NOT CATER TO US rant. NOBODY can create characters on those specified ships.

Even aliens from other planets, sadly.

Even the aliens.

Think of the aliens. :(

Nowhere did I say that Japan should cater to me.

I simply asked "Now what?".

Garnet_Moon
Jul 9, 2012, 02:43 AM
Nowhere did I say that Japan should cater to me.

I simply asked "Now what?".

Might want to change the thread title to omit the "Eng." part, then. Thai speakers can't make characters, Japanese speakers can't, etc and etc. It's "new players". Not "New Eng. players".

Just trying to help...

Zipzo
Jul 9, 2012, 02:50 AM
Might want to change the thread title to omit the "Eng." part, then. Thai speakers can't make characters, Japanese speakers can't, etc and etc. It's "new players". Not "New Eng. players".

Just trying to help...
I don't need your help. New english players are technically screwed because they will be unable to roll on the more populated english community ships. If you're deriving from that "SOJ SHOULD CATER TO US" you're sorely mistaken.

It's simply a factual statement.

Geistritter
Jul 9, 2012, 02:55 AM
New English players can play on a different ship if they're that desperate. If they're not, they can wait.

There were greater factors to consider than you when this decision was made. Sorry.

Finalzone
Jul 9, 2012, 03:10 AM
It seems Sega of Japan underestimated the numbers of players interested to PSO2 even with premium packages. For English speaking players, if some of you have some basic Japanese skill languages, that should not be a big deal as long you show a good amount of respects.
The answer is not all English speaking players are screwed.

Zipzo
Jul 9, 2012, 03:14 AM
New English players can play on a different ship if they're that desperate. If they're not, they can wait.

There were greater factors to consider than you when this decision was made. Sorry.
Playing on a different ship wouldn't change the fact they got shafted on account of not being the early bird.

How many times must I repeat myself...I do not believe SoJ needed to have any consideration for english players when making these decisions...I'm simply stating a fact here. Newer english players aren't going to have a lively english community to play with, and that's somewhat of a downer.

Until of course they unlock those ships.

RocSage
Jul 9, 2012, 03:16 AM
Why do people make it seem as though this temporary lock-down is some set in stone, permanent deal? If you wait a while and let SoJ do their thing with their game that just came out, maybe you could roll on a heavily ENG populated Ship.

Really, what's the rush? A level cap of 40 and unlocking 4 areas? You could knock this in two or three days if you wanted to.

With a couple of friends you can unlock just about everything in 1-2 days.

Zipzo
Jul 9, 2012, 03:18 AM
Really, what's the rush? A level cap of 40 and unlocking 4 areas? You could knock this in two or three days if you wanted to.Wanting to play PSO2, and uh, wanting to play it with other english speaking players?

Gee, that was tough.

DemonMike
Jul 9, 2012, 03:26 AM
Wanting to play PSO2, and uh, wanting to play it with other english speaking players?

Gee, that was tough.

I don't get this hostility.

The best options available to you have been stated. Those are:
There is a little English community on Ship 6 that may grow even more due to the lock.
Register your friend on any available server, recreate your character to join them.
Wait a little while longer for locks to be lifted.

It's unfortunate, but you're not 'screwed'. There were multiple opportunities for you to do this before the locks came down and fortunately, it's not permanent.

Natsuma
Jul 9, 2012, 03:30 AM
You guys can join Ship 06, it's rather quiet at the moment.
Looking forward to your friends invitation in-game: Natsuma

Wolfgrey666
Jul 9, 2012, 03:48 AM
I don't get this hostility.

The best options available to you have been stated. Those are:
There is a little English community on Ship 6 that may grow even more due to the lock.
Register your friend on any available server, recreate your character to join them.
Wait a little while longer for locks to be lifted.

It's unfortunate, but you're not 'screwed'. There were multiple opportunities for you to do this before the locks came down and fortunately, it's not permanent.

Try reading almost all the first posts directed at the TC to get why there is some hostility.When most of the comments were negative what do you expect?

Also to the people doing that grinding to 40 in a couple days , there is no reason to do so.It is bloody silly. Hell i have two 19s , that is it.

Anyway unfortunately SoJ isn't really getting how to run these servers anyway, so i expect many many more issues.

AtticusNocturne
Jul 9, 2012, 04:09 AM
You guys can join Ship 06, it's rather quiet at the moment.
Looking forward to your friends invitation in-game: Natsuma
Just made a character on this ship to play with a friend that couldn't play on ship 10, good to see other english players there.
Anyone else on ship 06 feel free to friend me too. Just hit level 10, character name is Atticus.

Natsuma
Jul 9, 2012, 07:06 AM
Just made a character on this ship to play with a friend that couldn't play on ship 10, good to see other english players there.
Anyone else on ship 06 feel free to friend me too. Just hit level 10, character name is Atticus.
I'm level 30 so we'll have to wait to play together, feel free to ask about anything you don't understand in the game.

DemonMike
Jul 9, 2012, 07:11 AM
Try reading almost all the first posts directed at the TC to get why there is some hostility.When most of the comments were negative what do you expect?

Also to the people doing that grinding to 40 in a couple days , there is no reason to do so.It is bloody silly. Hell i have two 19s , that is it.

Anyway unfortunately SoJ isn't really getting how to run these servers anyway, so i expect many many more issues.

I see one user who posted something negative. There's another post which could interpreted as negative admittedly, but I never saw it that way.

Fair play if you're negative back to people who were being negative to you, but the sarcastic remarks back to Shakuri's positive spin on recreating a character isn't cool.

NoiseHERO
Jul 9, 2012, 07:12 AM

This.

You guys gotta stop doin' this.

It's like you're slapping each other both at the same time, then you have a slap-a-thon. Then one of you starts whining "why'd you hit me? D<"

Khasar
Jul 9, 2012, 07:14 AM
I guess if ship 10 block 20 stays completely congested for a long time I may consider ditching my character and moving over to ship 6 and join in with you guys. Pretty tired of seeing Block 20 only block that is congested where the majority of English players are at

gigawuts
Jul 9, 2012, 07:18 AM
This.

You guys gotta stop doin' this.

It's like you're slapping each other both at the same time, then you have a slap-a-thon. Then one of you starts whining "why'd you hit me? D<"

Yeah. Part of why I signed up was that PSOW has always been pretty relaxed for all the years I've been coming here, but I guess in hindsight I was spending most of my time reading guides as opposed to the forum.

Give the guy a break, it's a legit concern. If we're able to reach 40 this quickly who's he going to have to play with when they lift the restriction?

And who here honestly wouldn't have been a bit irked that they couldn't be with the main english speaking population for two weeks? I probably would have been.

Phantasma
Jul 9, 2012, 09:57 AM
Yeah. Part of why I signed up was that PSOW has always been pretty relaxed for all the years I've been coming here

I totally signed up to watch people have a slap-a-thon. Endless entertainment! ^_^

Jakosifer
Jul 9, 2012, 10:04 AM
When I used to come here a few years ago I don't remember it being this hostile. Then again, everyone then had a common enemy in SoA. Now everyone has to take out their aggression in a very pointless way.

Yakatsugi
Jul 9, 2012, 12:52 PM
I might be screwed, I only have til school start to play any games, once school starts I can't anymore. So since school starts on August 27th.... 49 days so 1 month and 19 days? Even a day is important...... so what do I do now? I'll probably get the download finished tomorrow in the early morning.

I heard that Ship 2 and 10 are where the English speaking communities are located at, with 2 having more. So if 2 and 10 is locked.... (does anyone know when It'll get unlocked) Where am I supposed to go? Even if it gets unlocked I doubt I'll change ships (lmao) as I'm sticking with a one character policy this time as I have over a month to play and having alts/playing on multiple ship is gonna waste and drain my valuable time. Should I just wait til they unlock the ship I want to go to( 2 or 10)? And how long is it gonna even take anyways?

Or should I explore the new frontier like the other new English players and go to the new English speaking hub(ship 6 I think) If I go, I probably won't move to 2/10/ whatever even if they get unlocked because I don't want to start over(I heard that it takes only a couple of days to complete everything if you really try), but even so, sticking to one server, one character mindset.

KrankItVZ
Jul 9, 2012, 01:14 PM
I'd say just move to a new server. Why not just start a new community as you can easily just start up a new one considering people are locked outta 2 and 10. Shameless plug from me and come Ship 9 :D help me out

Cla
Jul 9, 2012, 01:39 PM
Sega said this new character creation lock will be in place only for a week or two. (this was said on 07/06)

http://bumped.org/psublog/official-release-status-report-762012/

They're not trying to stop new chars from being made on these Ships entirely. They're just temporarily pausing the process so they can implement tweaks to the server to better handle the massive amount of chars that already exist as well as be prepared for all future chars.

Seizure Bot
Jul 9, 2012, 03:15 PM
Give the guy a break, it's a legit concern. If we're able to reach 40 this quickly who's he going to have to play with when they lift the restriction?

Oh boy, this. I still remember waiting for English PSPo2, and being like level 12 while everyone else was 90+ since they had converted their saves from JP to NA. That, granted, was my fault for not bothering to import, I suppose. But it has to be infuriating when you're left behind through no fault of your own.

You're in a no-win scenario. You can wait for Ship 2 and 10 to open and be somewhat left behind, or you can join Ship 6-9 and deal with the less population. Personally, I would wait. I'm sure most people would be helpful and help lift you up to a level where you'd be able to roll with them. I hope so, at any rate.

Ranmaru
Jul 9, 2012, 03:57 PM
Just make an alt account and come back to it later. Salvage what ever play you can. Make the right choice that is available to you at the MOMENT.

That being, Ship 9 or 6 I guess.

I would go towards 9 because I always hear talk of people moving towards it.

Yakatsugi
Jul 9, 2012, 04:13 PM
You need another account to go on a different ship/server? No thanks, even if I can make alts on the same account I still wouldn't. I'll pick a server when the time comes ( when the download is finished) and then I'll stick with it.

Ranmaru
Jul 9, 2012, 06:49 PM
It's not that hard. I do the same in League of Legends. There are different servers there and people make smurfs/alt accounts to switch servers or to play as a low level. Being able to switch servers with an account would be a convenience. But we don't have it. *Shrugs*

But, if you want to just pick a server and stick with it, maybe you should wait for Ship 2/ Ship 10 to die down then. ;D I think that would be a good option for you.

Yakatsugi
Jul 9, 2012, 07:19 PM
So I tried to the best of my abilities to write up some reply for about 10 minutes but I failed, so I'll just not try anymore LOL.

Anyways.... It's not hard to have multiple account or alts. But as I've said I only have 1 month+ to play ANY games(School starts on August 27th). Next year it's gonna be hell in school so I don't really have the luxury to be playing games. I know a month is plenty of time, I can afford to be like everyone else and make alts, enjoy the game, or make another account to play on another server, but I feel like limiting the scope and just sticking to playing one character on whatever ship, it's simply, simpler that way. That's also why I want to focus on ONE.... singular server/character, and play such said character to the ends of time.(the last day before school starts)

Now as the game has only been released recently there isn't much content(I'm guessing? I could be wrong lol) and the content can be reached really quickly in 1-2/3-4 days if you play all day/grind. Or at least that's what I've heard. But still, it's not my style/does not fit my personality/ I do not want to have alts/have chars on multiple servers/multiple accounts.(I'm pretty sure I've read somewhere that with 1 account you can play on multiple ships and have multiple characters across the ships but I don't know how many characters can be made on one ship, someone who has played clarify this for m please)

I have no friends(lmao) so there really isn't an issue as to which ship I have to be on, and if someone wants to play with me then well please do the moving yourself. I personally have no problem trying to help make a new English hub on a new server with sparse English speaking population either. And I know a little bit of Japanese that will help me should said effort fail, or until then. With hub 2/10 being locked we're all focusing on the fact that foreign players(English speaking?) are unable to make characters on the server with a decent English speaking community that can communicate with them. It's also true that new Japanese players(lol I'm guessing) will also need to make their characters on another server, they might do so on ships that don't have any English speakers, but some might. And really, playing with Japanese players is just another aspect of playing a Japanese game. So while establishing a new "English" ship and trying to get new English players on it, should it fail, I'm fine with playing with the Japanese, playing with other English speakers is a plus though. Either way it's a win-win.

I think the lock is going to be on for another week or two. So I've decided to get right into the game on another ship, which other ship that will be I still have no idea. When ship 2 and 10 do get unlocked, well whoever wants to go back can go. I'll stick to the ship I've landed on, and hopefully by then the ship gets enough English speakers.

Wolfgrey666
Jul 9, 2012, 07:41 PM
I see one user who posted something negative. There's another post which could interpreted as negative admittedly, but I never saw it that way.

Fair play if you're negative back to people who were being negative to you, but the sarcastic remarks back to Shakuri's positive spin on recreating a character isn't cool.

Perhaps but since a good amount here couldn't be bothered to actually read the TC's post and reply in order to that, that is just as negative or disrespectful.

I mean it was pretty obvious it wasn't self entitlement.Yet people immediately swung that way without reading properly.Which is a negative mindset.See what i mean now?