PDA

View Full Version : PSO2 International Release Confirmed for Early 2013! - Which server will you choose?

Loire
Jul 9, 2012, 07:36 AM
It has been announced that PSO2 will have a planned international release upcoming this 2013!

Here's the OFFICIAL International teaser website for the game itself!

http://www.pso2.com/us/

I will personally be playing both servers, because who knows when the US servers would want to shut down early? Or the fact that my friends don't know complete shit about any Japanese and refuse to even try out the language barrier... it's a win-win for me I guess.

What about you guys?

AlMcFly
Jul 9, 2012, 07:38 AM
I will be staying with the Japanese version. I detest doing things twice, and I don't find it very hard to get by here especially with the large number of resources at our disposal.

DemonMike
Jul 9, 2012, 07:40 AM
Went for "I will be playing the Japnese servers only".

Chances are I will play a bit on the English servers with it being F2P, but I chose that one as I'll only be putting money into the Japanese version.

Loire
Jul 9, 2012, 07:41 AM
I will be staying with the Japanese version. I detest doing things twice, and I don't find it very hard to get by here especially with the large number of resources at our disposal.

I don't understand why people would complain about "playing" the game again though... I mean, I personally think it's just being lazy if you just decide to not play the game from scratch again.

FerrPSO
Jul 9, 2012, 07:41 AM
Staying in JP servers.

I dont have enough time to maintain 2 characters and by 2013 I will have time to develop my character too much that no way Im going to start again.
Also the fears of western PSU again.

IF it was coming NOW I would probably drop my JP character, but 2013? no way.

EXPFULL
Jul 9, 2012, 07:42 AM
This poll is confusing. They are just going to add more ships and indicate that they are for EU/NA users as far as I understand. We're all on the same 'servers'.

AlMcFly
Jul 9, 2012, 07:42 AM
I don't understand why people would complain about "playing" the game again though... I mean, I personally think it's just being lazy if you just decide to not play the game from scratch again.

So it's laziness that keeps me from wanting to start over? Cool story bruh

Limni
Jul 9, 2012, 07:44 AM
Put playing on both, because as it looks like right now it seems like they're gonna be the same servers anyway.

gigawuts
Jul 9, 2012, 07:44 AM

Er, I'm going to like hearing the reasoning behind this.

FerrPSO
Jul 9, 2012, 07:45 AM
This poll is confusing. They are just going to add more ships and indicate that they are for EU/NA users as far as I understand. We're all on the same 'servers'.

They didnt said that, atleast yet.

Aumi
For me it depends mostly on whether the English servers will see the same support as the Japanese. If they end up half a year behind the Japanese servers in terms of updates and content, I honestly don't want to bother with it. I honestly hope that all regions will play on the same servers with the same updates and same support...

NoiseHERO
Both

For community reasons...

And if the english version starts off a year behind in content with the same update schedule... I probably won't be taking that version seriously if there's things I'm enjoying in the JP version that I won't see in the english version till I'm 23 years old... @_@

But if the servers are connected. technically I'd just be staying on my Japanese account.

Loire
Jul 9, 2012, 07:47 AM
So it's laziness that keeps me from wanting to start over? Cool story bruh

Pretty much... but I didn't mean to sound negative!

AlMcFly
Jul 9, 2012, 07:57 AM
Pretty much... but I didn't mean to sound negative!

Nah I didn't take offense. You have your opinion and it really is a waste of time for me to convince otherwise to someone I neither know nor care to convince :D No offense.

Zero_Virus_X
Jul 9, 2012, 07:58 AM
Depends if some of my IRL friends want to play pso2 with me in NA if not I'll stick with JP. (none want to deal with the moon runes atm)

AnnabellaRenee87
Jul 9, 2012, 08:22 AM
I'm not doing this again with SEGA, if servers are not linked or a year plus behind I'm sticking to the JPN servers.

scorpio4484
Jul 9, 2012, 08:25 AM

I highly doubt that, they see the West as a plague that must be separated at all costs

Hrith
Jul 9, 2012, 08:28 AM
This is disgusting. Already being treated like shit, SEGA never learns.

Galerianx
Jul 9, 2012, 08:42 AM
ill play both :}

Kazzi
Jul 9, 2012, 08:48 AM
Considering I've been playing this since the first alpha, moving to the US server would be the 6th time I've hard to restart. I'm definitely going to check it out though as it's easier to enjoy a game to it's full potential when it's in your own language, so it's a tough call for me. But I may go over if it keeps updated.

LokinModar
Jul 9, 2012, 08:48 AM
I think the support for the western version will be far worse and light years behind the JP version. My main choice is japanese then...

r00tabaga
Jul 9, 2012, 08:52 AM
If they're smart, they'll just add 3-4 NA\EU ships to their servers. Thus keeping content and updates in sync. And keeping all the PSU whiners shut up!
I am only playing in English. Whether it's separate server or global.

FOODFOOD
Jul 9, 2012, 08:55 AM
I am not an elitist, so I will play on the English server.

Zyrusticae
Jul 9, 2012, 08:59 AM
Definitely not bothering with the EN servers if they're going to be nearly a year behind in updates...

AlMcFly
Jul 9, 2012, 09:00 AM
If they're smart, they'll just add 3-4 NA\EU ships to their servers. Thus keeping content and updates in sync. And keeping all the PSU whiners shut up!
I am only playing in English. Whether it's separate server or global.

Spoken like someone who never compared US and JPN PSU's (or maybe even never played the game). It's very unlikely. The fact that they even mentioned Sega of San Francisco and London means that there is going to be a heirarchy of hardware, communication and data. Meaning Sega of Japan makes decisions which get passed down the pipe to Western subsidiaries. There will almost assuredly be delay between Asian and Western projects (likely a huge one). If similar to PSU's case, Western localization will get half the content.

Yuicihi
Jul 9, 2012, 09:05 AM
I'll play on the NA server with my friend occasionally, but for the most part, I'm staying on the JP server.

Fool me once, Sega...

Oh good, it begins already.

AlMcFly
Jul 9, 2012, 09:08 AM

Lol, cool, have fun waiting while I enjoy a half year of PSO2 ;)

AnnabellaRenee87
Jul 9, 2012, 09:17 AM
Hrm, this makes me wonder if the ENG servers will the the Android/iOS apps and the Vita clients.....

Jungo Torii
Jul 9, 2012, 09:18 AM
I honestly can't see myself moving to US/International servers at all if the game'll be so far behind on updates. Also the fact that I would have to start over, but that's not as bad.

bonethrack
Jul 9, 2012, 09:18 AM
also not playing on the us version until there is some kind of indication they plan to keep it up to date.

has anyone thought they are providing a translation to english when it is released because they had that box in the language settings. (would be nice even if its only a dream.)

jooozek
Jul 9, 2012, 09:20 AM
I've voted for both but honestly, I'll prolly ditch the japanese version altogether even if the English version will be behind with updates. Hard to convince anyone who's not crazy about PSO to play the japanese version so yeah.
I don't care much about starting anew, it doesn't take that long to reach level cap, and most of time wasted was due to the game being in japanese.

Nisshoku
Jul 9, 2012, 09:34 AM
At the very least, I'm not posting my answer in the poll just yet, and I'll explain why.

I for one, am glad to see and hear that PSO2 is getting a western release; it would have been otherwise been unfair to the community that loves this series so much otherwise. However, my joy does not come without it's skepticism.

A lot of people here in this thread so far reference the delay of content between the Japanese and Western content; this also worries me a bit at well. Personally, I would like it if they essentially kept the same ship structure much alike the original PSO. But then again, I am getting a bit ahead of myself.

Until then, I further await more info.

DeltaViolet+
Jul 9, 2012, 09:34 AM
JP...

Kylie
Jul 9, 2012, 09:36 AM
Probably English, but I really want to see what content will be available for Day 1.

Zipzo
Jul 9, 2012, 09:48 AM
This thread is sort of misleading, is it not?

Nothing on the website gives us any idea that they are actually going to share the servers with the JP.

MrPOW
Jul 9, 2012, 09:52 AM
I will play primarily the English version once it comes out. I am having fun in the Japanese version and the various guides help a lot, but unless I actually learn Japanese I will enjoy the English version more. I'll still have my Japanese account to check out new content and such if Japan is ahead of us.

CyberNei
Jul 9, 2012, 09:56 AM
Will stay at JP. maybe will try english one in some years when story will be complete, just to fill blanks in my translations.

foreignreign
Jul 9, 2012, 10:03 AM
English because I like being able to actually read everything. "English patch" doesn't count because as far as I know that's still not "released" and who knows if they'll keep that updated.

And the wait doesn't matter since I know a bunch of people who'd like to play PSO2 but don't feel like dealing with it if it's all in Japanese. Plus I'm not even playing it right now even though I could be so I don't care if I have to wait half a year really.

Kazzi
Jul 9, 2012, 10:04 AM

Nothing on the website gives us any idea that they are actually going to share the servers with the JP.

I can't see them sharing servers at all. Not unless they cut out most of the spoken dialogue, since recording voices and translating scripts is a time consuming process. The US servers are bound to be behind regardless, the issue is just how far behind they'll be, nobody wants to be waiting 3-4 months for something Japan already has. It'll be tough regardless, all we can do is hope they push the boat out for a change.

jooozek
Jul 9, 2012, 10:05 AM
English because I like being able to actually read everything. "English patch" doesn't count because as far as I know that's still not "released" and who knows if they'll keep that updated.
Add to it the possibility of getting banned for modifying files; will you spend any money and risk losing everything?

Kanore
Jul 9, 2012, 10:10 AM
Both.

Yay for being able to tolerate the Japanese version

Anon_Fire
Jul 9, 2012, 10:11 AM
No answer yet.

Wait, I don't see a "Global Connectivity" choice.

Jakosifer
Jul 9, 2012, 10:13 AM
Lol, if I left the JP servers there would be hell to pay. I'm not willing to deal with it.

njdss4
Jul 9, 2012, 10:23 AM
I'll definitely be trying out the English version once it's released, but I'm hoping the English patch for the Japanese client will be long completed by then. If SEGA continues it's record of neglecting any version outside of Japan, the JP client will be the one to stick with.

Ex Valkyrie
Jul 9, 2012, 10:27 AM
I don't like starting over either... And not due to being lazy; it just isn't fun for me to have to do the same thing again typically. >w<
(Since, I play video games to have fun~)

FOODFOOD
Jul 9, 2012, 10:45 AM
Lol, cool, have fun waiting while I enjoy a half year of PSO2 ;)

I'm still playing the Japanese version right now (level 8 so far), but I'm really having a hard time getting into it without speaking the language. Yes, there are translations everywhere, but it really detracts from the game having to look everything up. I just want to play it the way it's meant to be played.

When the NA server is up, I'll be off the Japanese one and on the NA one (which is what I thought this poll was about). I'm fine not being a super cool mega hyper fan.

BWS-1
Jul 9, 2012, 10:52 AM
Mostly going to be English-only. Of all PSO games, that one seems to be the trickiest one with the barriers, but I guess if I get used to it I wouldn't mind going for Japanese if I'm addicted enough (and the western servers shut down super early). Other than that, I think I'm growing accustomed to the idea that ''nothing lasts forever, especially PSO characters'', so I think it's less trouble to grief my loss of a character than go through the trouble of re-creating/keep on going on JP servers.

Content-wise? I'd rather stick to English again since, well, technically as much as content might be available sooner in japan, so do bugs. Remember Jet Set Radio? They re-released it in Japan as a ''delux'' version but that re-release was basically the same as the western release - the one without the bugs the original release had.

Soooo, yeah. I would, though, definitely be annoyed if this weren't global servers and everyone and their moms were to stick only to Japanese servers only... but if that is the desire of my friends, than so be it. I respect that. I'll just make new ones on US servers. I did with US PSO ver1, I'll do it again with PSO2.

The Rizzler
Jul 9, 2012, 10:53 AM
I'll be playing ranger on the JP servers for a while until i get bored or more games come out, then likely return to it with the international release with my friends/brother, since there's no chance in hell they'll play a game in a language that they don't know

Harlocke
Jul 9, 2012, 11:10 AM
The english servers are where I'll play. I'm mainly curious about how PSO2 will make use of the PS Vita's features. If I recall correctly, the Vita version is still in development but was scheduled to be released sometime in 2013. It might not be anywhere close to the english PC release, but I'm not worried.

In the meantime, I can keep myself busy with other titles. (The Ragnarok Odyssey release is coming soon!)

Xefi
Jul 9, 2012, 11:17 AM
English server only here. i like playing game in English more. i have plenty of
upcoming games to keep me busy, so a year of waiting is NO problem at all. :cat:

Darki
Jul 9, 2012, 11:23 AM
Add to it the possibility of getting banned for modifying files; will you spend any money and risk losing everything?

And how are they going to know you patched the official JP files with the official US files so you can see the game in english? I highly doubt that would happen unless you post a picture of that where it shows clearly your name (which can't be used as a proof because there can be multiple instances of the same name), and the patch applied. And that would have to reach JP management hands. xD

I'll stay in the JP servers, anyways. For me the best case would be that this whole US release boom is just new ships and an english patch for the JP game, because I'm not seriously going to be subjected to the combination of SoA ineptitude and SoJ retarded international policies. That of course if they don't decide to kick us from there, hopefuly many people will just switch over and they don't have to do that.

Donuts
Jul 9, 2012, 11:27 AM

Pardon me, Dear, but may I slap the rappy out of you? :-x

Many of us have spent our hard-earned money on the Japanese servers(thousands of dollars combined in just a few days, I'm sure), will have played and become one with the community by 2013 spring, and quite frankly don't deserve to be pushed aside like we're unworthy of being on their servers. I didn't see Sega JP complain when I spent my USD on their game... :-?

You don't know the misery and anguish that SoA will put you through. Sega of America ranks at the bottom of the barrel with Sony Online Entertainment and (un)Funcom.

foreignreign
Jul 9, 2012, 11:28 AM
And how are they going to know you patched the official JP files with the official US files so you can see the game in english? I highly doubt that would happen unless you post a picture of that where it shows clearly your name (which can't be used as a proof because there can be multiple instances of the same name), and the patch applied. And that would have to reach JP management hands. xD

Pretty easily.

They could make the clients perform a checksum of sorts on the client files that contain the text being translated and if there's any difference at all (which there will very likely be) they could make the client throw an error.

jooozek
Jul 9, 2012, 11:29 AM
I don't know, do you not realise that there is anti-cheat software running along the game? How to check if you've got files modified? Welcome to computer science and checksums (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Checksum)

Darki
Jul 9, 2012, 11:30 AM
You don't know the misery and anguish that SoA will put you through. Sega of America ranks at the bottom of the barrel with Sony Online Entertainment and (un)Funcom.

To be honest, that's also SoJ fault. it's then who decide when stuff is released here.

Ezodagrom
Jul 9, 2012, 11:37 AM
To be honest, that's also SoJ fault. it's then who decide when stuff is released here.
Who knows, SEGA of America pointed the fingers at SEGA of Japan before, but now we're seeing things like Anarchy Reigns being delayed until Q1 2013 in western territories, even though the japanese version was already released and, according to Platinum Games, it's completely identical to the future english version, with support for english subtitles and voices.
It's possible that SEGA West management is just that bad.

Dark Emerald EXE
Jul 9, 2012, 11:40 AM
How I see it...(this is saying if both servers aren't merged)

If they don't start banning outside IPs or block access due to change if one decided to use English Patch...then I'd just stay here....

Dark Emerald EXE
Jul 9, 2012, 11:41 AM
How I see it...(this is saying if both servers aren't merged)

If they don't start banning outside IPs or block access due to change if one decided to use English Patch...then I'd just stay here....

Ogni-XR21
Jul 9, 2012, 11:43 AM
I'll be playing on both. I'll enjoy the game in Japanese for what it's worth and make another character on the EN server (be it linked or not).

Hell, I started PSO probably 15 times or more so who cares about a second (or third) time starting PSO2. I'll just see where it goes from there. It will be much more comfortable playing the game in English, there is not denying that. And if the community is great, which it usually is, I'll have fun on the EN server as well.

Zinaida
Jul 9, 2012, 11:44 AM
Sticking to only the Japanese servers unless the US servers manage to keep up properly. The entire reason I stopped playing PSU was because it was so far behind.

Darki
Jul 9, 2012, 11:46 AM
I don't know, do you not realise that there is anti-cheat software running along the game? How to check if you've got files modified? Welcome to computer science and checksums (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Checksum)

And I don't know if you realize that stuff like that will be taken in account when creating the patch. By the way, sorry if I don't take your "computer science" too serious in regard of PSO2 when they still use GameGuard.

In any case, I don't really need any patch. I've been reading, watching and playing foreign shit all the time because I hardly can wait for it to be localized in my country, this game won't be different.

Who knows, SEGA of America pointed the fingers at SEGA of Japan before, but now we're seeing things like Anarchy Reigns being delayed until Q1 2013 in western territories, even though the japanese version was already released and, according to Platinum Games, it's completely identical to the future english version, with support for english subtitles and voices.
It's possible that SEGA West management is just that bad.

As I said, I think it's both. Lack and delay of content is SoJ problem, bad management is SoA's. And we've been having both problems, so...

Anon_Fire
Jul 9, 2012, 11:48 AM
If the servers are not globally connected, ask yourselves this question.

"What was the point of including a Language drop-down menu in the client?"

Darki
Jul 9, 2012, 11:52 AM

Well, games are made by human beings, y'know, subjected to failure and changes of opinion and mind.

Maybe they added it a year ago and now they don't wanna use it, and taking it off the launcher is just a pain in the ass.

Finalzone
Jul 9, 2012, 11:53 AM
Pretty easily.

They could make the clients perform a checksum of sorts on the client files that contain the text being translated and if there's any difference at all (which there will very likely be) they could make the client throw an error.

This. SHA256 would be a better checksum and proven tested on Linux operating system. SoJ could easily adopt that approach which also includes digital keys like GPG for core elements.
Gameguard is useless and should be replaced by another method.
Given PSO2 is Free to Play, Sega should be smart to support emerging systems like Linux OS (Ubuntu for example), Android is actually Linux based (its kernel). Clearly Sega know about Linux (checking the layout on folder, they really have that in mind)and should encourage crossplatform to gain more clients.

Syncing Japanese with worldwide release would be wise.

Ogni-XR21
Jul 9, 2012, 11:55 AM

I guess a lot of people concerned about that aren't really concered about WHERE the servers are but what the release schedule will be. Even PSO GC with global servers had content available on the JP ships that was not available on the US/EU ships. And with you not being able to change ships on the fly you will be stuck with the EN content made available to you on whatever ship you are.

Btw. the drop down menu could just be for translation testing purposes, who knows. Still hoping here since the very first teaser had "global servers" in it (iirc).

jooozek
Jul 9, 2012, 12:02 PM
And I don't know if you realize that stuff like that will be taken in account when creating the patch. By the way, sorry if I don't take your "computer science" too serious in regard of PSO2 when they still use GameGuard.

Talk about being gullible, maybe if they used CRC32 to get the checksums then maybe someone would be able to spoof them easily but you know what? EAAF949B84978387A5EB249159D3F645 doesn't look like CRC32 to me :D Also, what's wrong with GameGuard?

buri-chan
Jul 9, 2012, 12:08 PM
264+ days of playing on JP servers, and I might just be a little weary of tossing all of that work out. If Sega, say, allows us to transfer our characters from the jp servers (fat chance), then maybe. For now, I'm fine with having early content and a smaller, more committed English player base~

Darki
Jul 9, 2012, 12:13 PM
Talk about being gullible, maybe if they used CRC32 to get the checksums then maybe someone would be able to spoof them easily but you know what? EAAF949B84978387A5EB249159D3F645 doesn't look like CRC32 to me :D Also, what's wrong with GameGuard?

As I said, I don't really care about it too much. It's just that SEGA has made me trust more in the dedication of a group of geeks willing to patch the game independently than all ther security.

Sidney
Jul 9, 2012, 12:35 PM
Staying on the JP servers. When the US servers close down a year or more prematurely due to SoA's incompetence, all the US players will be back on the JP servers anyway. :wacko: (You know it's true.) I'm going to stay on the server with more longevity, and honestly, I don't mind that it's in Japanese; I've gotten used to it by now, and I've even learned a good bit of Katakana.

Vintasticvin
Jul 9, 2012, 12:45 PM
If they eff up and not make servers global Im hopping on the Pouny edition of Pso2 :3 Yeah you guys will last longer and be up to date but JP Pso2 doesn't have the Pouny :)

Joe Friday
Jul 9, 2012, 12:48 PM
I was originally very disappointed to hear it wasn't being released until 2013, but it really isn't that far off. After all, we're already over halfway through 2012. ^_^

Definitely going to be playing on the English servers, as I have friends who have been eagerly awaiting the English release. I'll carry on playing PSO2 JP until then, but will just take it easy so that I don't get burnt out. Like other people have said, we can just keep both JP and EN accounts going as it's free to play. :)

GrieverXVII
Jul 9, 2012, 02:42 PM
I dont think i can make an informed decision just yet. I'd really love to play the english version but theres conflicts within me.
I used to play this other mmo that originated i korea and it had everything and was always updated. The NA version on the other hand was hosted by a f2p dev and it was practically a year behind or more in content that korea already had and hacking was a rampant issue without punish.ent or fixes for long periods of time. To me it was a bad experience overall.

Im actually surprised at how far ive come playing the jp version and its great and all but i do want to play the na version still. My mind would be set on NA if it was a fact that they keep the game at least 2-3months behind the jp version and security and fixes are of high priorities. To me thats whats really important. If not...then idk. But time will tell...as of now. I cant decide until its here. Plus i would love to get the NA vita version too.

Aeris
Jul 9, 2012, 02:44 PM
I think i am gonna be staying with Japanese servers for now, really meeting some nice people from japan on there, might not seeing making a character on the English one.

Seizure Bot
Jul 9, 2012, 03:04 PM
I can only speak from my experiences in the Portables era, but if PSO2 is treated in a similar manner, I'd probably stick with the JP version. I think anyone who calls out 'JP only' as elitist should be sent through the entire Portable 2/Infinity debacle, with content deliberately withheld for reasons I never quite understood.

With regards to whether the servers will be shared, I seriously doubt it. The Language options is not indicative of anything. I have tons of NA only games that allow me to play in Chinese, Russian and French in the language menu. It's just one of those things added to most games for the convenience of that particular market. And of course, as I think was mentioned earlier, it was probably also just part of the client to begin with, as a placeholder for when it's released to the rest of the world.

That being said, I voted for "Will Play Both". I'm rather casual, I'm not too high of a level (although if I have to wait almost a year, that'll probably change), and I think I could pick up the NA version and quickly work up to my current level. From there, well, whichever side has most of my friends will be the one I choose from that point. Even if that means I have to suffer through the parsing of more Japanese.

Mega Ultra Chicken
Jul 9, 2012, 03:05 PM
I'll probably make a character on the international server for lulz.

IHeartRice
Jul 9, 2012, 03:08 PM
I'll play both if they are separate, but from experience I'll play the JP version more. If the servers aren't global, I don't see the US/EU version lasting too long.

Halcyote
Jul 9, 2012, 03:13 PM

for when the international version was released there'd be language options for spanish, german, french, etc.

for when soj decides to drop the game in countries like south korea and china they can add their language options as well.

Neith
Jul 9, 2012, 03:15 PM
Japanese only, don't fancy going through the same excuses we have done for the last few years.

That and I'm perfectly happy on there to be honest, I don't see a reason to switch.

Dan Maku
Jul 9, 2012, 03:21 PM
OGs play BOTH versions.

BIG OLAF
Jul 9, 2012, 03:32 PM

Figured I'd bring this back up, seeing as Edward has more or less already stated (http://forums.sega.com/showthread.php?417653-PSO2-coming-to-US-and-EU-early-2013!!!/page3&p=7434304#post7434304) that the servers will be 100% separate. Especially denoted by this excerpt:

they were never intended for simultaneous release. There is already a focus in addressing the content gap. It was absolutely a problem for PSU. We want to make sure that it doesn't happen again.

So there you go. No "global" servers. Pick JP, or EN.

MissMalice
Jul 9, 2012, 03:48 PM
I'll probably go to the English servers. I don't mind the JP version, but my husband simply will NOT play the JP version because he gets too frustrated trying to figure out what to do. [Personally, its not that hard to figure out the quests, but men will be men sometimes]

I know I'll probably have a pretty developed character by the time the English servers come around, but I honestly don't mind rolling a new character. c: It's a fun game. I'll probably level even faster since I won't have to stop and translate~

r00tabaga
Jul 9, 2012, 03:56 PM
Spoken like someone who never compared US and JPN PSU's (or maybe even never played the game). It's very unlikely. The fact that they even mentioned Sega of San Francisco and London means that there is going to be a heirarchy of hardware, communication and data. Meaning Sega of Japan makes decisions which get passed down the pipe to Western subsidiaries. There will almost assuredly be delay between Asian and Western projects (likely a huge one). If similar to PSU's case, Western localization will get half the content.
Apparently reading comprehension isn't your strong suit. I recommend you re-read what I posted.

Ryock
Jul 9, 2012, 04:03 PM
I'm a grind player at heart. I love the grind of leveling. Dealt with it on Ragnarok Online, Aion(not really a grind), and technically PSO1's game had a grind. Never knew many people at 200. With that in mind, I wouldn't mind starting over. It's Sega's history with the PS games that is leading to me to want to stick with the JP version this time around. However, that doesn't mean that they can't shape up even after all this time. I will observe it, and if it seems like they might be changing their tune, there's no reason I can't play both versions.

Vintasticvin
Jul 9, 2012, 04:07 PM
Figured I'd bring this back up, seeing as Edward has more or less already stated (http://forums.sega.com/showthread.php?417653-PSO2-coming-to-US-and-EU-early-2013!!!/page3&p=7434304#post7434304) that the servers will be 100% separate. Especially denoted by this excerpt:

Oh dear, what unfortunate news thats been revealed....

To everyone going to the western side I hope we have a more organized management. (I'll be crawling back to Jpso2 sooner than expected.)

Kaziel
Jul 9, 2012, 04:16 PM
I will be playing on the US servers. Honestly, the updates thing will kinda suck, but I'm more in it for the social aspect. I've been more enjoying meeting people and hanging out than speeding on to level 30 (or now 40).

I was really hoping the servers were not segregated so I didn't have to make this decision.

Whichever has the biggest English speaking community wins, I guess. :-?

Quadocky
Jul 9, 2012, 04:26 PM
I've been waiting for the NA release the whole time. Glad to see its finally announced.

I don't mean to sound rude or anything but its kinda weird to see people so negative about the NA release.

Its not like Sega is going to screw it up. Its very nature of being a Free to Play action RPG will pretty much guarantee its longevity.

Darki
Jul 9, 2012, 04:34 PM
I'm not really being negative. I just don't see the catch on playing in the US servers anymore.

Chik'Tikka
Jul 9, 2012, 04:34 PM
i can't vote, i can't find anything to suggest that NA/EU release is gonna be on separate servers!!+^_^+
(also if they are separate servers..... *shudders from PSU memories*)+^_^+

彩音~
Jul 9, 2012, 04:39 PM
English communities have all been absolutely terrible in all the NA mmos I've played. I don't expect this one to be any different

Merit
Jul 9, 2012, 04:43 PM
I'll probably go to the English servers. I don't mind the JP version, but my husband simply will NOT play the JP version because he gets too frustrated trying to figure out what to do. [Personally, its not that hard to figure out the quests, but men will be men sometimes]

I know I'll probably have a pretty developed character by the time the English servers come around, but I honestly don't mind rolling a new character. c: It's a fun game. I'll probably level even faster since I won't have to stop and translate~

I'm in the same boat. My husband and other friends don't want to play in Japanese. I figure I'll have fun and play on the JP servers until the English version is released. Then I'll make the switch over and play a different class/race combo to mix it up until Sega inevitably screws over the NA/EU players with incredibly slow/no updates and then I'll return to the JP servers. Can't wait!

Crimson Exile
Jul 9, 2012, 04:44 PM
I've been waiting for the NA release the whole time. Glad to see its finally announced.

I don't mean to sound rude or anything but its kinda weird to see people so negative about the NA release.

Its not like Sega is going to screw it up. Its very nature of being a Free to Play action RPG will pretty much guarantee its longevity.
Free to play, US servers, gameguard....... Thats a BIG FAT GG! Majority of the US community wasn't so great. I honestly don't see my self playing that server anymore. I navigate jp just find, and US with gameguard is sad to think about.

Ezodagrom
Jul 9, 2012, 04:44 PM
i can't vote, i can't find anything to suggest that NA/EU release is gonna be on separate servers!!+^_^+
(also if they are separate servers..... *shudders from PSU memories*)+^_^+
This from Edward:

There is already a focus in addressing the content gap.If the servers were together, or if they had simultaneous updates, there would be no content gap to address.

IHeartRice
Jul 9, 2012, 04:50 PM
I miss the good old days when I could just change the language from Japanese to English from the main menu.

Kaziel
Jul 9, 2012, 04:56 PM
English communities have all been absolutely terrible in all the NA mmos I've played. I don't expect this one to be any different

They aren't all sunshine and butterflies in Japan either. In fact, they're just as 'terrible' in their own way.

In the end it's all personal preference and what you're capable of tolerating.

Quadocky
Jul 9, 2012, 05:01 PM
Free to play, US servers, gameguard....... Thats a BIG FAT GG! Majority of the US community wasn't so great. I honestly don't see my self playing that server anymore. I navigate jp just find, and US with gameguard is sad to think about.
Gameguard is never a problem for me. The only thing that ever pissed me off was the Pando Media Booster (for the very good reason of utterly destroying the network while downloading a game)

Gameguard doesn't hurt anything whats the big deal?

Quadocky
Jul 9, 2012, 05:03 PM
They aren't all sunshine and butterflies in Japan either. In fact, they're just as 'terrible' in their own way.

In the end it's all personal preference and what you're capable of tolerating.
Yeah I don't get the big deal. All online communities have their ups and downs.

The_Brimada
Jul 9, 2012, 05:03 PM
I'll just play on both.

GrieverXVII
Jul 9, 2012, 05:05 PM

That quote gives me hope. I hope they stay true to the content gap as that was one of my main concerns.

mctastee
Jul 9, 2012, 05:10 PM
It may sound ignorant to some, but after hearing how poorly handled PSU was in the states, I will be playing on JP servers only.

Crimson Exile
Jul 9, 2012, 05:11 PM
Gameguard is never a problem for me. The only thing that ever pissed me off was the Pando Media Booster (for the very good reason of utterly destroying the network while downloading a game)

Gameguard doesn't hurt anything whats the big deal?
Hacking/errors everything

Somnia
Jul 9, 2012, 05:16 PM
If the NA servers launched tomorrow it would be a difficult choice for me to move, with my progress on the JP servers. But making the choice to move next year? No way will I leave all that time behind or stop playing now.

Quadocky
Jul 9, 2012, 05:17 PM
Hacking/errors everything
Uh... beg pardon?

Chik'Tikka
Jul 9, 2012, 05:17 PM
This from Edward:
There is already a focus in addressing the content gap.
If the servers were together, or if they had simultaneous updates, there would be no content gap to address.

i remember him saying something similar for PSU way back in the black and white days (which was a Wednesday), i remember it was all lies (he was lied to too, i know that) so i don't pay attention to anything SoA says anymore+^_^+

Griffin
Jul 9, 2012, 05:20 PM
Great release timing for me. I can focus on GW2, then have something completely fresh to play later on.

Oh wait. Shit. Been playing PSO2JP. It isn't gonna be fresh at all!

Skye-Fox713
Jul 9, 2012, 05:21 PM
Just did a quick look over of the site and it looks like they are correcting some of the translations. Such as in the announcement they had 'Arcs' appears that it may have been a typo as they have 'Arks' spelled correctly on the teaser site. So it is looking better.

It's good that they are aware of that and I hope that they can work to resolve the issue. The biggest problem for me is that by the time PSO2 US/EU rolls out I would already have a lot invested into my character that is already on PSO2 JP. With the 6-8 month time gap between the releases that is a lot of time for character progression and the most i'll probably ever do is create a character and do the first mission but that is probably it.

So as I have said before the only reasons I will go to the US/EU PSO2 is if...
A. IP blocked from PSO2 JP
B. PSO-World announces a en-mass move to US/EU PSO2
C. A combination of the A and or B with character transfers being available.

Also here's another "kick to the groin" on the US/EU PSO2 is that once they are released you simply copy and paste the language files over and your good to go. English menus on JP servers.

I don't want to be overly negative I have my fingers cross that Sega can solve the content gap and delay issues between JP and US/EU. It's just the 6-8 month time gap between the release of the english version.

Nexoz
Jul 9, 2012, 05:24 PM
I'm probably going to sit tight and wait for the North American/European release of the game to come out, it's gonna be a long and punishing wait but if SoA learn from their mistakes after the PSOBB and PSU and take in feedback from the Western fanbase then we might get treated fairly.

I sent a ticket to Sega in regards if EU and NA players would play with JP players on the server but as you can imagine, the reply I got was "We are unable to make any official comments based on speculation."

Let's hope if people ask this enough it'll give SoA the idea to have the servers worldwide rather than restricted to regions.

TetsuyaHikari
Jul 9, 2012, 05:26 PM
I'll probably just stick with JP PSO2. By the time the NA version comes out, I don't want to even think of how much time I will have put into my main by that point, haha. There's no way in hell I'm going to feel like doing all of that over again (this is not counting the rares I may get on top of this).

Going through that ridiculous level cap quest was stupid enough the first time. Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, shame on me.

Teleios
Jul 9, 2012, 05:26 PM
Going to play on the English Server.

Patience is a virtue.

Crimson Exile
Jul 9, 2012, 05:28 PM
I'll probably just stick with JP PSO2. By the time the NA version comes out, I don't want to even think of how much time I will have put into my main by that point, haha. There's no way in hell I'm going to feel like doing all of that over again (this is not counting the rares I may get on top of this).

Going through that ridiculous level cap quest was stupid enough the first time. Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, shame on me.
Lol I agree with you.

TetsuyaHikari
Jul 9, 2012, 05:30 PM
Going to play on the English Server.

Patience is a virtue.

Let me know how that works out for you, lol.

goldbrease
Jul 9, 2012, 05:37 PM

they said this?

KitsyLove
Jul 9, 2012, 05:42 PM
I picked both Japanese and International servers, as I don't want my current achievement go to waste, but I do want to understand what the heck the story's about. Although I have an idea, since I do get parts of spoken Japanese (Bits of parts...Little bits of parts I understand x'D ).

It's a shame 2013 is still so far away, and we don't know when in 2013? 8c

Piddle
Jul 9, 2012, 05:47 PM
I'll be sticking with the Japanese servers. While the circumstances aren't the same with PSO2 I was often filled with disappointment with the way they handled PSU as I paid monthly for it.

velociti
Jul 9, 2012, 05:55 PM
I'm surprised at the number of people only wanting to play in the english servers. After all my experience of only playing North America releases of many MMOs that were originally Eastern MMOs, I know that feeling "there are better players on other versions, like in south korea, japan, and southeast asia," or, "the NA version is 2 years behind the main one, and support is lacking, updates are slow, server will be bought out/closed within 2 years." If the MMO you are playing is catered towards an Eastern audience, and you are already playing on the real version, there's no point in going to play the Westernized servers with people who have no prior PSO knowledge.

darkante
Jul 9, 2012, 05:55 PM
I stick with the Japanese version for good reasons.
Itīs a bit annoying, but i survive.
Infinity made sure of that.

lilibat
Jul 9, 2012, 06:03 PM
Oddly, this announcement makes me want to go play the Japanese version now & I was just going to wait before.

Aumi
Jul 9, 2012, 06:11 PM
If the servers end up being separated and the NA/EU server ends up lagging behind on updates by a lot, I will likely simply play the game normally on the JP server and enjoy the story on the NA/EU server...

ashley50
Jul 9, 2012, 06:15 PM
I'll play on both...but we'll see how that handles.

mistersamman
Jul 9, 2012, 06:21 PM
I would have already invested a year into the Japanese version why would I...

I'm totally going to play the NA as well.

AoiKaze
Jul 9, 2012, 06:25 PM
Gonna play on both. I got friends who I played the original PSO (GCN Split-screen w00t!) with, but didn't want to play the Japanese version of PSO2, either due the daunting task or lack of patience of going through the JP menus.

Alnet
Jul 9, 2012, 06:28 PM
Japan, since a bird in the hand and all that. Plus Sega has a decent track record for catering to their Japanese community. If I didn't already have an account and leveled character and firsthand knowledge about how Sega of Japan and Sega of America's feuds can stab a game in the proverbial throat, I sure would play on the NA servers.

Ferria
Jul 9, 2012, 06:44 PM
Playing both and only CHECKING OUT the English server BUT, I am NOT transferring :) STICKING to Japanese server only because it's the first AND ORIGINAL.

I don't trust other servers >_> Japan always sticks to what they set.

Drunken Dragon
Jul 9, 2012, 08:14 PM
Must say I find it odd with all the seemly "hostility" towards NA/EU servers.... lots of odd reasoning too.... Guess PSU really left its mark eh....

Anyway, on topic I voted English servers only.... Still not that hyped for the game yet, so waiting for the eu release wont be a problem... As for the content delay and stuff, well recon I'll play casually for the most part so not really upset about that should it occur either...

Vintasticvin
Jul 9, 2012, 08:15 PM
Playing both and only CHECKING OUT the English server BUT, I am NOT transferring :) STICKING to Japanese server only because it's the first AND ORIGINAL.

I don't trust other servers >_> Japan always sticks to what they set.

:'( Im gonna miss afk dancing with you.

GrieverXVII
Jul 9, 2012, 08:21 PM
I picked both Japanese and International servers, as I don't want my current achievement go to waste, but I do want to understand what the heck the story's about. Although I have an idea, since I do get parts of spoken Japanese (Bits of parts...Little bits of parts I understand x'D ).

It's a shame 2013 is still so far away, and we don't know when in 2013? 8c

Website Gameranx said its expected for spring of 2013. Tbh thats not terribly far away. Yea investing time into your jp will be hard to leave behind..but i look at it this way, its a new start with experience. A better skill tree build, more knowledge on weapons and attribute systems. And personally i enjoy playing any great game twice because its worth it.

TetsuyaHikari
Jul 9, 2012, 08:22 PM
Must say I find it odd with all the seemly "hostility" towards NA/EU servers.... lots of odd reasoning too.... Guess PSU really left its mark eh....

Anyway, on topic I voted English servers only.... Still not that hyped for the game yet, so waiting for the eu release wont be a problem... As for the content delay and stuff, well recon I'll play casually for the most part so not really upset about that should it occur either...

PSO NA vs JP was the same, really. 9 times out of 10, it's just a better idea to go with the original, honestly. At least that way, if you get shafted, there's a good reason behind it instead of, "Oh, we were just too lazy to give you the content and decided to wait 3+ months to give it to you, lololol"

This is one of the main reasons I'm sticking with the JP server. Content. Well, that, and the fact that a lot of the NA players I met through PSU and PSO were assclowns. I can honestly say I've never had that problem with JP players before.

EDIT:
And personally i enjoy playing any great game twice because its worth it.

I, ummm... think that's supposed to generally apply to offline games, lol.

May0
Jul 9, 2012, 10:58 PM
2013 is a long wait. By the time its released stateside its going to have games with serious graphical and gameplay competition. Its nice to have a definite date but by the time its released I'm not sure if I'll be as excited about it as I am now. If I still remember it.

Not gonna bother with JP PSO2 as the weaboo is not strong enough in me. I want to be optimistic but I think Sega might of dun goofed. The real saving grace is the free to play model. Hopefully this pay scheme won't be restructured for a US release. Its really all about their audience.

The hardcore PSO2 players sound set to stay with JP PSO2 since its shaping up to be a better experience. If history is any indicator than Sega will be slow to update PSO2 stateside. This will of course go to further cement the hardcore fan's resolution to stick with JPPSO2. I hope this is not the case- the platform of the PC is a bit easier to update so lets hope things go swimmingly for the US release.

Still the real money is in the casual audience. Sega will draw them in with the free to play model. Even if they lose over 50% of those who try it out they'd still make bank from the cash shop sales in the end by the massive influx of players. If the free to play model is dropped they'll be relying a lot on the hard core fans to make up a substantial part of the player base...as previously mentioned though they'll have little reason to go to a US release with a lackluster player base when they have a stronger player base in the land of the rising sun. Updates or no updates, without a strong player base the game will die.

Honestly, I don't think they'll drop the free to play aspect from the US release- but Sega, if you do, just know...

http://i49.tinypic.com/ojh8qv.jpg

Garnet_Moon
Jul 9, 2012, 11:00 PM
Just a reminder that the train wreck that was Final Fantasy XIV is scheduled to re-launch in January of 2013 with the PS3 edition.

If they can do it, I'm sure SOA can do it too.

Reia
Jul 9, 2012, 11:00 PM
Japanese. With the investigation on how the servers works I'm pretty sure that SEGA of America don't have the budget to pay that amount of chain hardware and the dedication to mantain it. I won't guarantee that it will be stable out of bad latency problems. Unless, they have some sort of "plan" I wouldn't like to talk about that I'm sure some of you get what I mean.

@Above post: Don't compare the budget of Square Enix with SoA.

The Walrus
Jul 9, 2012, 11:01 PM
People still care about FFXIV?

Garnet_Moon
Jul 9, 2012, 11:03 PM
I... still have my collectors edition box next to my bed when I'm crying myself to sleep everytime I think about it...

goldwing
Jul 9, 2012, 11:04 PM
I plan on both. Because with being able to buy arks cash on the english servers not much should b an issue. The only problem will prob b content. But with my real life friends starting over wont b an issue

GrieverXVII
Jul 9, 2012, 11:09 PM
PSO NA vs JP was the same, really. 9 times out of 10, it's just a better idea to go with the original, honestly. At least that way, if you get shafted, there's a good reason behind it instead of, "Oh, we were just too lazy to give you the content and decided to wait 3+ months to give it to you, lololol"

This is one of the main reasons I'm sticking with the JP server. Content. Well, that, and the fact that a lot of the NA players I met through PSU and PSO were assclowns. I can honestly say I've never had that problem with JP players before.

EDIT:

I, ummm... think that's supposed to generally apply to offline games, lol.

Haha youve got a good point. Though in this particular case i guess it kinda applies.

Spellbinder
Jul 9, 2012, 11:09 PM
I... still have my collectors edition box next to my bed when I'm crying myself to sleep everytime I think about it...

I.... I too have a collectors edition box... it's so cold now... so very cold...

lostinseganet
Jul 9, 2012, 11:20 PM
I want to say I will wait 6 months to see how far content is behind but it is free to play. So I will make sure to keep my CC card in my pocket....for 6 months.

Vylera
Jul 9, 2012, 11:23 PM
PSO NA vs JP was the same, really. 9 times out of 10, it's just a better idea to go with the original, honestly

Asian servers are always better than American servers.

You can just compare the USA branch vs. the Asian branch of the same company, and 10 times out of 10 you'll find that the Asian (original) version of the company is doing better all around.

Even McDonalds in Japan is better than the States.

I should probably slap an "IMO" tag on this post before people start bitching at me.

-Ryuki-
Jul 9, 2012, 11:32 PM
I'll be on the English servers. As much as I love playing with JP people, I would rather play with them on something such as FFXI or FFXIV, where an auto-translator exists and it's easier to comprehend. If I'm playing with a specific community or friends, I'd rather be on the English server.

Cyrusnagisa
Jul 9, 2012, 11:39 PM

you laugh, but the 2.0 reboot is honestly looking pretty good, my final judgement will be on it at least, will determine if I will be playing both or just PSO2

Rashiid
Jul 10, 2012, 05:03 AM
English servers. I'm not going to fraud myself through this game as if I know a lick of Japanese while Japanese people stare at me. A personal Japanese game, sure. It's just me. When a party depends on me and I'm guessing random stuff, then forget it. I only can play Infinity because I remember the menu system from playing PSU for so long. I don't care if I don't get some content or events that Japan get. I'm a big boy, I'll deal with it.

Ferria
Jul 10, 2012, 05:11 AM
:'( Im gonna miss afk dancing with you.

I'll still be on JP servers like pretty much most of the time, no worries! <3 I will stick to JP server :) I HATE dubs and how they screw over the game in International servers =.= And I don't wanna "replay" the damn thing.

They didnt said that, atleast yet.

FERRRRR!!!!! DX ...

English servers. I'm not going to fraud myself through this game as if I know a lick of Japanese while Japanese people stare at me. A personal Japanese game, sure. It's just me. When a party depends on me and I'm guessing random stuff, then forget it. I only can play Infinity because I remember the menu system from playing PSU for so long. I don't care if I don't get some content or events that Japan get. I'm a big boy, I'll deal with it.

Wait for the patch, unless you wanna butcher your ears with the dub :p

Rashiid
Jul 10, 2012, 05:23 AM
I'm one of the rare spawns that prefer dubs over subs, but if an entire menu patch does come out then sure for the content.

I really, really don't give a crap about voices. Not in an MMO / Action Online Lobby Game (whatever you want to call PSO / PSU lol)

Ferria
Jul 10, 2012, 05:25 AM
I'm one of the rare spawns that prefer dubs over subs, but if an entire menu patch does come out then sure for the content.

I really, really don't give a crap about voices. Not in an MMO / Action Online Lobby Game (whatever you want to call PSO / PSU lol)

Haha yeah, true. I just can't stand the dubbing ;_; ... They should seriously work on finding better voice artists lmao xD

renrinken
Jul 10, 2012, 05:27 AM
I am pretty much dedicated sub girl, but I have to admit PSU dub did have its own charm. I expect PSO2-I will be similar

skuld01
Jul 10, 2012, 05:30 AM
one thing I am worry about is how broken is the localization will be done by English voice.

And all those cheapo English VA will make the game downgrade over 60%, from positive audio score into negative audio score.

Best choice is ...keep the JP voice.

One thing good about it.... lesser People dancing at lobby while asking things in English.

FerrPSO
Jul 10, 2012, 06:37 AM
FERRRRR!!!!! DX ...

LOL! Here too? You're everywhere! You still owe me your friend card..

About the dub thingy, I dont understand spoken english so yeah... I dont care :p

Anyways Im not interested in the story of this game, what I read on the translation project was PSU2 all over again and I ended up skipping the cutscenes of that game...

If I could choose I would prefer no voices at all...

Bigsten
Jul 10, 2012, 06:42 AM
If there is a english patch released for the JP client then I don't see the point of using the 2013 global release other than the possibility that arc cash will be easier to get.

FerrPSO
Jul 10, 2012, 06:49 AM
If there is a english patch released for the JP client then I don't see the point of using the 2013 global release other than the possibility that arc cash will be easier to get.

Keep in mind not everything will be translated. Stuff that is server side (I think client order descriptions, weapons, etc are server side) cant be translated.

renrinken
Jul 10, 2012, 06:57 AM
I suspect if NA SEGA is remotely serious about PSO2-I, they will C&D any english fan-translations. Doubt it get very far.

Cyrusnagisa
Jul 10, 2012, 07:27 AM
yeah the only thing that can really be translated is the menu, items/armor/weapons/client orders, are all server side and can not be translated. I myself will be waiting for the English release, as I do not want to play until I feel comfortable doing so.

Ferria
Jul 10, 2012, 09:02 AM
yeah the only thing that can really be translated is the menu, items/armor/weapons/client orders, are all server side and can not be translated. I myself will be waiting for the English release, as I do not want to play until I feel comfortable doing so.

That's honestly the most important thing about the game LOL! Knowing what to do. The story doesn't tell you what to do, it's just part of the gameplay to hop onto the next quest so a patch with menu and navigations and skills = perfect enough~ besides, AC isn't hard to get ~_~

LOL! Here too? You're everywhere! You still owe me your friend card..

About the dub thingy, I dont understand spoken english so yeah... I dont care :p

Anyways Im not interested in the story of this game, what I read on the translation project was PSU2 all over again and I ended up skipping the cutscenes of that game...

If I could choose I would prefer no voices at all...

Yes I do... LOL!! Uhh... need to know when you're online so I can like.. kidnap you a bit xD Trade friend cards D:

Zeota
Jul 10, 2012, 09:58 AM
JP onry!

I can't be bothered to retrace those steps, especially the more annoying ones (opening up areas, level caps etc).

xGenokx
Jul 10, 2012, 10:39 AM
I didn't start playing on the JP servers, so I'll just wait it out and play on the English servers once the game comes out in NA.

Pentence
Jul 10, 2012, 10:49 AM
Unless content on the "" international"" server is up to date im likely sticking with JP server. i might still play the other server at that rate but i will likely be focused on JP serv.

Thermalwolf
Jul 10, 2012, 12:10 PM
To be quite honest I'm a little torn on what I'm going to do. I'm very happy on the JP Servers and I have had no problem partying with the locals when need be, not to mention content... Sega US has yet to instill any confidence that they will bring over an up to date PSO2, I don't feel like dealing with day 1 content again and waiting and waiting and waiting and waiting and waiting and waiting and... Yea, you get my point :)

But if Sega US does bring over a good majority of the content and keeps the game up to date then I have no problem leveling again as I totally agree with most people, you're lazy if you like the game but won't level another character....... :-?

Snitch
Jul 10, 2012, 12:12 PM
no option to choose, -I will play on the international servers-
We can still hope there will be international servers. Like FFXI, FFXIV, PSO on dreamcast......

Quintus_The_Force
Jul 10, 2012, 12:48 PM
So it's laziness that keeps me from wanting to start over? Cool story bruh Nah brah, most real gamers prolly have multiple characters, and not necessarily the same race or ship brah. Acquiring certain items or evolved mags require different characters to obtain, if you consider another character "starting over" it could infact be laziness :-?

Ark22
Jul 10, 2012, 03:11 PM
Let me see.......the only thing I will need from the English game is the story, and the story already seems like a PSU.....So Japan for me.

watashiwa
Jul 10, 2012, 06:13 PM
Western server all day. Have absolutely NO desire to play on the Japanese server. Though, I admit, I would get a *little* desire if the Japanese server fully supported English natively and the Western server was severely out of date.

I think it's funny that people are talking smack about how long it's taking Sega of America to bring out PSO2 here. They really don't understand the work that is involved in localization.

I've seen posts from people who say that hackers have already translated the game as proven by the beta, etc. etc. But the job the hackers did was a simple file swap and that only changes the game's interface and base text. All quest text is not translated, let alone spoken dialog. Sega of America has a lot of work ahead of them. I have no problem waiting 6+ months to get a proper localization. Won't even bother with the Japanese version as there's plenty of other games and things to do to pass time until then.

Thermalwolf
Jul 10, 2012, 06:43 PM
I think it's funny that people are talking smack about how long it's taking Sega of America to bring out PSO2 here. They really don't understand the work that is involved in localization.

People are talking smack about how shitty Sega of US takes care of it's players compared to Sega of Japan that treats there fan base like gold.

watashiwa
Jul 10, 2012, 06:51 PM
People are talking smack about how shitty Sega of US takes care of it's players compared to Sega of Japan that treats there fan base like gold.

I was talking about people like Kritzinger here:

http://www.pso-world.com/news/02455-sega-officially-announces-western-release-pso2-2013?page=2

He says
>SEGA NA will take 1 year to translate PSO2 to English >The people who created the open beta English translation patch already translated the entire game and have the new patch ready to go Oh SEGA NA, never stop disappointing.

This is absolutely wrong. They didn't translate the entire game. They translated what could be mined from the client files, but it doesn't include ANY quest text. Also, they didn't touch any of the spoken dialog at all.

Thermalwolf
Jul 10, 2012, 07:08 PM
I was talking about people like Kritzinger here:

http://www.pso-world.com/news/02455-sega-officially-announces-western-release-pso2-2013?page=2

He says

This is absolutely wrong. They didn't translate the entire game. They translated what could be mined from the client files, but it doesn't include ANY quest text. Also, they didn't touch any of the spoken dialog at all.

I think they were able to translate quest objectives just not the entire quest text. But yeah you're right, that dude clearly does not understand localization.

Zyrusticae
Jul 10, 2012, 07:44 PM
Nah brah, most real gamers prolly have multiple characters, and not necessarily the same race or ship brah. Acquiring certain items or evolved mags require different characters to obtain, if you consider another character "starting over" it could infact be laziness :-?
But this is completely not-true, items are entirely class-based and mag evolutions are based entirely on stat combinations, so there's no reason to make another character outside of looks.

Kimil Adrayne
Jul 10, 2012, 08:08 PM
I won't delete my JP server characters, but I will most definitely be playing on the Western Servers. English text, voices, menus? Why thank you very much Sega. I'd much rather take that over swimming in moonspeak while listening to annoying-ass Japanese voice actors. I'm sick of walking around in this game knowing full well that I can't communicate with anyone. Though I'm not expecting much out of it, I'd like to know the story of this game too, without having to read a blog translating it.

I ready Sega, give me English PSO2!

Drifting Fable
Jul 10, 2012, 08:19 PM
I'll be playing both servers.

No reason not to at this point.

kdrakari
Jul 10, 2012, 08:21 PM
I know people IRL who would be willing to play the game but only in English, so I'll probably be on the English servers some. If they are just as updated and supported as the JP servers I'll probably switch over fulltime, unless the english patch turns out well. If it basically ends up being a language toggle then I'll probably just buy an extra character slot.

Though various things could ruin either version for me, such as the English version using terrible voice actors or the Japanese version implementing an IP block.

Ferria
Jul 11, 2012, 06:57 AM

Yep.. agreed. Lol!

Meevs
Jul 12, 2012, 01:56 AM
Just a reminder that the train wreck that was Final Fantasy XIV is scheduled to re-launch in January of 2013 with the PS3 edition.

If they can do it, I'm sure SOA can do it too.

Ffmmorpg fan here and I will put more time into xiv, even though PSO was first online game....anyways, XIV seemed like an attempt at a total casual player remake, looks like to me they've listened and made it xi upgraded with a few twist, makes me happy :D9 (that its bringing alot of xi to the table) , PSO could always be considered a casual game, but its fanbase made it hardcore, SOA wont be changing mechanics, they'll just screw things up with a local realease, why would they have to fix something they don't have to ruin? Add subs, trans, price changes, call it a day!

Vylera
Jul 12, 2012, 02:13 AM
But this is completely not-true, items are entirely class-based and mag evolutions are based entirely on stat combinations, so there's no reason to make another character outside of looks.

That part might not be so true.

I'm pretty sure I've seen at least 4 different ranger mag evolutions at level 100, and all 4 of them were unique to a gender and race selection.

Mike
Jul 12, 2012, 02:18 AM
I'm pretty sure I've seen at least 4 different ranger mag evolutions at level 100, and all 4 of them were unique to a gender and race selection.
Currently, there are no mag evolution unique to a specific gender or race. As Zyrusticae said, they are based on combination of mag stats.

Vylera
Jul 12, 2012, 02:23 AM
Currently, there are no mag evolution unique to a specific gender or race. As Zyrusticae said, they are based on combination of mag stats.

Then I was extremely lucky to have gotten the mag look that I wanted. I felt at ease when I saw the update screenshots of a RAcaseal (what I'm playing) with the mag that I wanted, assuming based on the other ranger screenshots that it was race/gender dependent.

70 r-atk/30 ability is how I got him if anyone's curious.

ExHaseo
Jul 12, 2012, 03:59 AM
I'm hoping they just make the current servers global servers or offer a server transfer service. If they don't I may just stick with the Japanese servers. I don't want to work on my character for 6-12 months just to start over again. It will really depend on if my friends play or not.

HadouMetsu
Jul 12, 2012, 04:06 AM
I'll play it all again on the English server. It's worth it to actually talk to people my language, and I'll be able to understand everything without the use of a guide every two seconds, that'll be nice ^_^

Vylera
Jul 12, 2012, 04:11 AM
I'm hoping they just make the current servers global servers or offer a server transfer service. If they don't I may just stick with the Japanese servers. I don't want to work on my character for 6-12 months just to start over again. It will really depend on if my friends play or not.

I'm pretty much in your boat.

In all honesty, by considering things like being ahead in content and better service all around even without access to sending tickets, what I'll pretty much end up doing is playing the USA version to pick up on anything I couldn't understand in Japanese, and then go back to playing it in Japanese again with a better understanding of the game.

ForceOfBrokenGlass
Jul 12, 2012, 05:28 AM
If I'm lucky I might be able to get a new computer before the year is out. If that's the case then I'd be unlikely to have put enough time into a character to be that attached to them by the time the international version hits. In that instance I'd prefer a familiar language and atmosphere to cut down on the confusion my friend is experiencing now.

Should I not gain the funds to get a new computer in 2013 or later, the whole topic will be a non-issue anyway.

AOI_Tifa_Lockhart
Jul 12, 2012, 06:00 AM
I've heard nothing but pessimism from friends who are on JP PSO2 about the EU/NA release. The main gripe is Sega of America and also content issues. I imagine on release we'd be up to date with JP PSO2? It'd make sense to release the game and hacve it patched to match the same content, level cap etc as PSO2 will be in early 2013?

Whilst I realize Sega of America ballsed up PSU at the end of the day Sega is a business and a business cares about money. Thus you'd expect Sega of America to evolve and learn from previous mistakes. Whilst I understand there's a lot of pessimism, at the end of the day we're gamers. We're not part of the business and whilst I can understand most of us who played EU/US PC PSU are disappointeed I think it's somewhat childish to expect PSO2 is just going to end up going down like EU PSU did. Sure it's unlikely the servers for our side will remain active as long as JP but all MMO's close eventually.

It's strange, I got PSO2 patched it, got to the character creation and just switched it off. I'm not sure where my enthusiasm for PS has gone in all honesty. Learning a new MMO can be difficult enough as it is and it being in JP feels like half a game. I played EU PSU for so long and JP PSU just didn't have as much appeal. PSO2 has none at present. Whilst i'm pleased of the EU/US confirmation i'm not really dying for the release date. Maybe it's just my disappointment at losing so much time and effort on EU PSU that has killed my love for MMO's cos at the end of the day you're left with nothing when the servers switch off.

Ed

Fenrisulfr89
Mar 25, 2013, 11:55 PM
Went for "I will be playing the Japnese servers only".

Chances are I will play a bit on the English servers with it being F2P, but I chose that one as I'll only be putting money into the Japanese version.

I just started jp a couple days ago....now.....putting money into jp version? That i dont get. Are you in japan? Cuz if not, im pretty sure you need a webmoney account and a japanese alias or fake mailing address. Thats where my problem comes in. If i didn't have to take that risk, putting money towards jp version would not be a problem. But to me....paying for us makes more sense because they already accept my currency. Lol. I just dont see how, being in america, putting money toward jp is an easier, let alone good idea for anyone. Thats just me.

Raymee
Mar 26, 2013, 12:02 AM
The website's music is a pitch lower than the start-up game's music.

Emp
Mar 26, 2013, 12:05 AM
I just started jp a couple days ago....now.....putting money into jp version? That i dont get. Are you in japan? Cuz if not, im pretty sure you need a webmoney account and a japanese alias or fake mailing address. Thats where my problem comes in. If i didn't have to take that risk, putting money towards jp version would not be a problem. But to me....paying for us makes more sense because they already accept my currency. Lol. I just dont see how, being in america, putting money toward jp is an easier, let alone good idea for anyone. Thats just me.

Id put money in jp cause the community is bigger than the US/EU.

UnLucky
Mar 26, 2013, 12:16 AM
nice necro

Kion
Mar 26, 2013, 12:23 AM
I was surprised, where the hell did this thread with 6 pages suddenly come from!!? *Looks at OP post date* Ooooooooooh.

Meta77
Mar 26, 2013, 12:43 AM
who bumped this thread >:c getting my hopes up again. sigh well back to jp servers lol.