PDA

View Full Version : JP PSO2 A thought I had about the English Lobby location.

Meji
Jul 9, 2012, 07:59 AM
This just occurred to me the other day, but instead of having the English community play around on Lobby 20/30 on every ship, wouldn't it be smarter if we just stuck to the lobby at the absolute bottom, and then just keep filling the ones above if this one grows too crowded?

The reason behind this is the fact that SEGA have labeled all of the servers for different levels. Within a few updates, I believe Lobby 30 will also have one of these "LV 40~50" signs on it. Instead of using up a whole lobby where now crazy Japanese levelers want to run around, wouldn't it be better if we just stayed at the bottom?

It will also be a lot easier for newbies to find the lobbies this way, I think.

Discuss:
Where would you like the "official" English lobby to be located at?

NoiseHERO
Jul 9, 2012, 08:11 AM
Remember that time in PS2/PC PSU when Universe 1(channel/block like we're taling about for people that don't know, not a server/ship) crashed?

And everyone just said "Okay we're sticking to Universe 2 from now on because Universe one crashed once and it's apparently evil for some reason!"

And nobody EVER MOVED, EVER AGAIN?

Yeah. I doubt anyone is leaving block 20-30. :/

Not that it's really a big deal.

AlMcFly
Jul 9, 2012, 08:12 AM
That will disperse the English community even further because the first few blocks in each lobby are always full of Japanese players. During peak hours almost ALL of the blocks on Ship 02 are full (and English players only can fill three blocks of it). You thought it was hard getting into block 20, try getting into the first few blocks. Not only that, good luck finding and English speaking party.

Meji
Jul 9, 2012, 08:14 AM
I doubt anyone is leaving block 20-30. :/
Yeah, I know. People tend to grow attached to them.
And after all the various English PSO-blogs/guides inform new users of going to these lobbies to find their English friends, I highly doubt a change is possible as well.

Even so, I still believe the last lobbies would make a better place for us. O:

And I remember when that happened back in PSU, haha.

Vashyron
Jul 9, 2012, 08:19 AM
Yes other lobbies that are probably not going to be named any time soon would be a good idea, though like stated there is the problem of people either being stubborn on changing because they are used to X block already, or the information not passing to everyone.

NoiseHERO
Jul 9, 2012, 08:22 AM
Yes other lobbies that are probably not going to be named any time soon would be a good idea, though like stated there is the problem of people either being stubborn on changing because they are used to X block already, or the information not passing to everyone.

I think it's like a mix of all of those reasons, and to naturally avoid confusion, most just land on where they'll find the most people. (or in this case the most english players.)