PDA

View Full Version : Imma play the JP version AND the EN version!

Dan Maku
Jul 9, 2012, 01:00 PM
Anyone else gonna play 'em both? :3

xBladeM6x
Jul 9, 2012, 01:04 PM
Indeed. Although, if there's no character migration or global server, I'll probably stick with Japanese as my primary.

pikachief
Jul 9, 2012, 01:07 PM
Yes i will be On both! JP as my primary of course since i'll be a year ahead at least in play time.

KrankItVZ
Jul 9, 2012, 01:09 PM
I'll probably play both IF I'm still free by the time the damn game comes out in EN. I think I'll take this opportunity to strengthen my Japanese. My instinctive MMO/RPG actions are kicking in and I'm not even reading anything anymore. I guess as long as you've been quite experienced in RPGs everything should be ok.

BahnKnakyu
Jul 9, 2012, 01:32 PM
Indeed. Although, if there's no character migration or global server, I'll probably stick with Japanese as my primary.

This pretty much. If I see hope on the EN side that content will be steady and that the game won't die 2-3 years before the JP version, I may invest more time on the EN side.

TheBlackMage
Jul 9, 2012, 02:20 PM
I'll be playing both as well. Even though it's been said the EN will probably be way behind in content updates, it'll give me something to look forward to when the day comes for the EN servers to shut down. (if their not integrated that is)

Not to mention there will be a flood of people heading to the JP version after the shutdown so I won't be left in the dust when I come back as well. (nothing sucks more than playing a game when it's released, leaving it, then returning and there is virtually no one around to play with since everyone is high lvl.)

Another plus is that I'll know a lot more from my time spent on the EN version so things will be much simpler when I return to the JP server.

(Random side-note)
Honestly I don't see why everyone is complaining, if you don't want to play the EN version then don't, simple. (Also I highly doubt they'll region lock the JP servers upon it's release. $0.02)

atrimiselgnacra
Jul 9, 2012, 02:22 PM
If we get lucky, it'll be like the Xbox 360 servers, and the servers will both be the same. I'd love for them, instead of a whole new game, just make it an option for English language, instead of Japanese. Lots of console rpgs do that already, and frankly if there are subtitles, I would love to listen to the voices in Japanese instead... Sega of America tends to get rather poor voice actors >.<

Kimil Adrayne
Jul 9, 2012, 02:23 PM
Both for me. It'll be easier to convince my RL friends to join the western servers.

Darki
Jul 9, 2012, 02:24 PM
Well, it's free, so I'll probably ask where are my friends gonna play if they're not in JP version and have it there.

But I don't think I'll put much effort into it, honestly.

Dan Maku
Jul 9, 2012, 02:47 PM
If we get lucky, it'll be like the Xbox 360 servers, and the servers will both be the same. I'd love for them, instead of a whole new game, just make it an option for English language, instead of Japanese. Lots of console rpgs do that already, and frankly if there are subtitles, I would love to listen to the voices in Japanese instead... Sega of America tends to get rather poor voice actors >.<

They've been doing better in recent years, actually: replacing the 4kids cast with respected anime dub VAs for Sonic (except for Pollock) was a smart move, as was casting Mark Hamill in Yakuza.

Asuni
Jul 9, 2012, 02:59 PM
I'm just sticking with JP PSO. America ruins everything :/

Dan Maku
Jul 9, 2012, 03:11 PM

...and here come the weeaboos...

Skeeziks
Jul 9, 2012, 03:16 PM
I'd like to say I'll play both but with the simplicity of being able to buy Ark points and playing with my friends, I'll probably just migrate completely over to the English version. Until then it's JP version full force.

KoC
Jul 9, 2012, 03:17 PM

Cept Sonic Team had a hand in the failing of PSOBB and PSU. I for one find it hard to forget the update drought we had due to ST being so slow about pushing out content for SoA.

Now as for the topic, I will be playing on both servers.

cristfc
Jul 9, 2012, 03:36 PM
Ill play two languages for sure...
my japanese is not so good = US
JP is in maintenance = US
meet more english people = US
better latency/lower ping = US (but on PSU, US and JP servers got almost same ping for me)
US is in maintenance = JP
game content = JP (in case no global servers)

Zorafim
Jul 9, 2012, 04:17 PM
I was contemplating it at first. Spend most of my time on the JP servers, and use the US servers to invite my friends over and check out the story elements. At this time though, I'm thinking of the US servers more as a tool, and less of a home.

Firehouse1983
Jul 9, 2012, 04:47 PM
For the time being, I'm thinking more of playing on both, but keeping the US servers as my primary and playing from time to time on the JP servers, in case they kill off inactive accounts. I want to keep my JP account around for when the inevitable shutdown of the US servers happens....I'll at least have a somewhat decent character by then, haha.

AlMcFly
Jul 9, 2012, 04:59 PM
http://www.pso-world.com/forums/showthread.php?t=197775

It was literally at the top of the threads when you made this one.

Zari
Jul 9, 2012, 05:23 PM
probably gonna play both, but mostly since I speak NO Japanese at all, and most of my friends will be in the english server. I just hope they are integrated or that they just add english as an option in the language menu in the launcher