PDA

View Full Version : Why do people think we're gonna get IP banned?

EvilMag
Jul 9, 2012, 03:13 PM
We're not so STFU about it.

RedRaz0r
Jul 9, 2012, 03:14 PM

Imma laugh at you when we do.

EvilMag
Jul 9, 2012, 03:16 PM
If we wanted to they would have done it a long time ago.

Jakosifer
Jul 9, 2012, 03:19 PM
Because they're paranoid people who think that SoJ has the time to waste on IP banning 3% of the games population. SoJ has bigger fish to fry than an inconsequential group of people, foreign or not.

Seizure Bot
Jul 9, 2012, 03:20 PM
Only reason is if we placed an undue load on the servers without any significant return. In other words, to boot a bunch of free-loaders in preference to a larger paying customer base. Since it seems most if not all are buying AC, I doubt they'd IP ban.

Of course, you never know, can you?

Sp-24
Jul 9, 2012, 03:29 PM

"I reject your reality and substitute my own" only sounds cool when accompanied by explosions.

D-Inferno
Jul 9, 2012, 03:32 PM
The Japan only thing was removed from the ToS.

It would be awesome if you can convert a JP account to an English one.

drizzle
Jul 9, 2012, 03:52 PM
The Japan only thing was removed from the ToS.

Or use the same account to log on any server, like PSO GC back in the day.

Can hope, right...

Kanore
Jul 9, 2012, 03:56 PM
paranoid anime fans who think reality is like .hack//sign

Alenoir
Jul 9, 2012, 04:03 PM
Imma laugh at you when we do.
Usually, three reasons to place IP ban on an online game:

1. Regional services happening.
2. RMT
3. Hackers

I can see us hitting 1 and 3 easily. 2 is usually China.

TetsuyaHikari
Jul 9, 2012, 05:34 PM

This is about as helpful as jumping in the middle of a loud angry crowd and screaming, "SHUT UP!" If you're going to try and be helpful, the very least you could do is, well... try to be helpful.

If we wanted to they would have done it a long time ago.

Can I has English nao?

Ferria
Jul 9, 2012, 06:54 PM
Doubt it. They'll ban if idiots decide to mess with the game, be jerks or offend too many japanese people >_> .. oh, and might I add.. causing confusion and frustration within the community like "reporting hackers" who have NO clue they were being "hacked" by someone else. *coff*

But yea, they won't ban. The prolly agreed to SEGA USA and EUROPE so we would jump there next year and it'll be less congested in the JP server.

Oh, might I add.. if they IP Ban us all.. uhh... there goes like 50% of their revenue xD We're an investment because we love their game AND we do PAY for cash shop items :p

Yakatsugi
Jul 9, 2012, 07:01 PM
I'm so sleepy.

I hope they don't IP ban, but anything can happen.

Ken_the_turtle
Jul 9, 2012, 07:13 PM
Oh, might I add.. if they IP Ban us all.. uhh... there goes like 50% of their revenue xD We're an investment because we love their game AND we do PAY for cash shop items :p
It would not even be slightly close to 50% it would be some smaller number closer to 1-2%

what is it with the western community and always grossly over estimating their worth?

We are present majorly on 4 blocks out of 400 or whatever it is, we are not some vast majority that SoJ should cater for.

Yakatsugi
Jul 9, 2012, 07:37 PM
It would not even be slightly close to 50% it would be some smaller number closer to 1-2%

what is it with the western community and always grossly over estimating their worth?

We are present majorly on 4 blocks out of 400 or whatever it is, we are not some vast majority that SoJ should cater for.

How many ships are there?

I agree with you on the over-estimating part.

Angelo
Jul 9, 2012, 08:50 PM
I could definitely see it happening since it could prove to be more profitable in their eyes.

If English players are forced to migrate to the official English servers it'd be more likely that Eng players who didn't feel tempted to buy AC due to all the loopholes and currency issues would be more easily persuaded on their own turf.

However, there will be a fair amount of people who, if IP banned, would just stop playing altogether.

I have a feeling that Sega knows they need to pull their act together and even make adjustments if this game is going to float overseas. We might even see a reworked scratcher system or AC prices scaled to our currency (since distribution and labor costs are not as much of a factor).

We'll see though. It's going to be interesting.

Reia
Jul 9, 2012, 09:46 PM
I would like to speak everything about the outrage of IP malfunctions since it costed me a huge drama just the same day it began this problem as I bought a Router designed for gaming to decrease my ping a bit and this problem caught me in a huge outrage where I would almost was about to claim my refund on my new router that IS WORKING PERFECTLY.

I made a 6 hours long netcoding research about why just PSO2 was having massive lags spikes to SPECIFIC MASSES of non-JP players while it TOOK TURNS between them during some scheduled times. After a long look on the observation of an activity log between the activities shown up during this anomally at same time and found interesting points and a theory of the events. The main problem is that this information I will keep it for myself, as I don't seem to violate any rule of the forum but it may contain information that would cause a huge hole in the community, not because I'm hiding something that will expose SEGA in a big lawsuit but something that will scare off new aspiring players on getting this game specially in this particular community, unless I get permission of a PSO-World mod to say it I will just keep this secret and probably take it to my grave if so.

Don't even try PMing me. The only reason I typed this post is to let you guys know that the problem DOES EXIST BUT NOT FOR EVERYONE OR ANYONE IN PARTICULAR.

If you want an advice, wait for an english release if you can't stand this problem.

Zyrusticae
Jul 9, 2012, 10:12 PM
Above post is full of sheer nonsense.

Excuse me while my eyes roll out of my skull. Got to go retrieve them.

Garnet_Moon
Jul 9, 2012, 10:17 PM
If they were to do an IP ban, it'd be closer to PSO2 NAs launch, but only on new account creation, NOT banning current NA users on their JP servers.

That makes the most sense to me. Even then, I seriously doubt they would IP ban new account creation...

Reia
Jul 9, 2012, 10:27 PM
If they were to do an IP ban, it'd be closer to PSO2 NAs launch, but only on new account creation, NOT banning current NA users on their JP servers.

That makes the most sense to me. Even then, I seriously doubt they would IP ban new account creation...

I'm not really interested in replying this but the fact you're using the verb Ban is a wrong term, I want to make clear that this is not a Ban! Neither an intentional discrimination act. I'm explaining that there is a huge anomally that certain sectors are affected and their IPs are involved but this has nothing to do with any region locking politic or a conspiracy made by the player's ISP making them think the operators lie on their support lines which is what the ignorant speculation aims at.

Sp-24
Jul 9, 2012, 10:57 PM
They could also set up an IP restriction on the download server and player's site, like KOEI-Tecmo did with their F2P game. You can play (and even update) just fine from anywhere, but good luck getting the game in the first place.

Reia
Jul 9, 2012, 11:05 PM
Not possible, otherwise the launcher would be blocked as well.

jmanx
Jul 9, 2012, 11:06 PM
a topic made up by the lobby whores for they can get all the attention while talking this in the lobby

Dan Maku
Jul 9, 2012, 11:11 PM
While I don't think we are going to be IP-banned, I do think SoJ is trying to stem the influx of non-Japanese players. The locking down of Ship 2 (the main ship of English-speaking players), the repeated crashing of Block 20 (the main block of English-speaking players), suggests to me that SoJ knows of us and is trying to hinder any more non-Japanese players from playing the Japanese version of the game.

Vylera
Jul 9, 2012, 11:15 PM

You can't prove that, so your opinion is as worthless as everyone else's in this thread.

Reia
Jul 9, 2012, 11:15 PM
^ This

Ferria
Jul 10, 2012, 05:20 AM

By 50%, that would mean including those who will go to US/Europe Servers. SEGA is still SEGA = Japanese Company. They ban us from the JP server, they lose a load when they launch the 2 new servers next year.

a topic made up by the lobby whores for they can get all the attention while talking this in the lobby
^ YUP!

Dabian
Jul 10, 2012, 06:13 AM

This :)

Meelkor
Jul 10, 2012, 06:52 AM
paranoid anime fans who think reality is like .hack//sign
Best quote ever.

renrinken
Jul 10, 2012, 07:00 AM
Ultimately it completely depends on the contract that gets written up. If PSO2-I requests region locks, then there will be region locks. It is a simply wait and see situation.

EXPFULL
Jul 10, 2012, 07:12 AM
Bring it. It's easy to get around.

jooozek
Jul 10, 2012, 07:26 AM
Bring it. It's easy to get around.

This makes me hope they'll will make region block.

Hobbez
Jul 10, 2012, 07:53 AM
Sega would be silly to region block before the other regions have their own servers. That would just be a potential financial loss and nothing else.

And FYI: block 20's problems are caused by block 20. If you spend any amount of time away from 20, you'll see what I mean. Its the only block I have lag on, my load times are triple what they are on other blocks, its the only block I go to that 3/4 of the folks on it are just standing/dancing in the lobby, it's the only block that crashes regularly, and I sure as hell have never seen anyone walking in space, floating up at the ceiling, or one shotting every mob in any other block.

IP ban, region block? doubtfull.

Cut block 20 away and float it into the sun? perhaps.

Reia
Jul 10, 2012, 08:15 AM
Here we go again, what make you guys think it will be region blocked? Want actual facts to proof my statement? Here they are:

PSUjp Still working for everyone even from the time it went F2P while the other version was still P2P and didn't even region block it. Also they have no reasons to region block the JP server, as they see that there are the potential investors from the overseas going to play their JP version since it's more reliable than charging AC in the EN server and I'm pretty sure that like PSU, most of this is because the finances are split with SoA for their own games developments. If there is going to be any real region blocking it will be for the other asiatic nations because their goverments insist to do so.

As for the problem of massive lag spikes to particular players from Asian nations like China, Taiwan, Korea, Vietnam, some Europe nations, Latin America, Philippines, Australia, etc. It's not an intentional region block either. There is a bandwidth block but this ain't with the intention for keeping the players away from playing this game, it's temporary and it will be over in due time. I still can't explain the reasons behind it thought until I get an authorization to reveal such ashaming information in this public forum.

NoiseHERO
Jul 10, 2012, 08:17 AM
Why did I click this thread? D:

You're all dum. D:

jmanx
Jul 12, 2012, 06:16 AM
Why did I click this thread? D:

You're all dum. D:

why istn this sticky'd

Metalsnake27
Jul 12, 2012, 09:29 AM
If they are going to place an IP block, it will 90% be when the Global server launches.

This is what happened with DWO also.... they IP blocked us when the english server came out.