PDA

View Full Version : Stupid Question But....

serenade
Jul 9, 2012, 06:21 PM
is there a way to reset you're characters NPC?

i created mine right away and unfortunately all he does is run around with a grenade launcher. i use basically nothing but my rifle and weak shot. i would like to reset him for my friends so those who arent rangers can make use of my weak shot skill. i've updated him numerous times, but all it does is boost his level, not his play style.

Ana-Chan
Jul 9, 2012, 06:24 PM
Oh, read first, in the register screen there is the personality style combo boxes, you could play with them.
But remember what the NPCs like Afin and all of those are like, it is the same AI that would control your NPC.

gigawuts
Jul 9, 2012, 06:36 PM
I'm pretty sure your NPC defaults to using whatever weapon is in the top weapon palette slot. For that reason I have a sword set up specifically for my NPC to use that is fairly different from my normal sword setup, since NPC's that spam chargeable PA's get irritatingly useless.

GoldenFalcon
Jul 9, 2012, 07:50 PM
If they want weakshot, they have to rely on the 3 ranger NPC's
You're better off keeping the launcher on the friend partner

Cla
Jul 10, 2012, 01:20 PM
Another stupid question... but what is all this? You can customize the NPCs? Where is this option?

RocSage
Jul 10, 2012, 01:25 PM
There is no reset but every time you go through the process you update it and you should be doing this rather frequently because the lvl of the friend NPC is based on their level up to whatever level last updated at.

So if you created your NPC at 3 and now you're level 6 but haven't updated the maximum lvl your character can be is 3 until you update.