PDA

View Full Version : Anyone else thinking of waiting until fall to play?

Ryoga4523
Jul 9, 2012, 08:27 PM
I am super excited that they are releasing regular content, but as shown by those who have reached lvl 40 already, I dont want to cap and then sit on my hands for a few months waiting for the next lvl cap increase to happen (aka WoW). One of the cool things about the original, I know it seems that I have my rose tinted glasses on but I assure you they were removed months ago, was that the level caps were ridiculously far away (or it seemed that way anyways) and getting to lvl 100 took months of playing, not days. And forget about lvl 200. I just dont understand why PSO drifted into the common WoW, SWTOR, Diablo 3, etc... cap at 40-60. There have been numerous threads out there about how it feels that Sega is stifling us they way they force players to stay in areas at certain levels, and only after reaching a certain level do they "unlock" more content; but I would feel that they would not attempt to do this with the level cap, but I was wrong. Is it worth it for me to just wait until vhard comes out and then play the way I normally would? Are there true rares to find, or are they just the ones that you see on the side of the missions that you choose? It just feels like the only answer that Sega has is to: 1) Decorate your room and go socialize on the internet until they increase the lvl cap and difficulty, or 2) go grind as a force (even when you dont want to...).

astro9866
Jul 9, 2012, 08:37 PM
When has it ever been about leveling? Yeah it was a challenge is PSO, but it was even more of a challenge to get a Dark Flow or a rare item of that matter. Just because WoW/SWTOR/Diablo all have you leveling to a cap soon to be increased, doesnt mean that any game that does that is following in their footsteps. 90% of the game has been about grinding for those epic items or just those cool looking items to show off. If anything play now, get 40 and stop. Just because you start playing doesnt mean you cant stop whenever you hit the level cap.

velociti
Jul 9, 2012, 08:38 PM
Agreed, there is no real point in playing the game after you are lvl 40, have 6mill, have your skill tree set, have your mag fed well, and your weapons don't need tweaking. There are no rares to hunt, no special units that take a couple weeks to grind for a drop, no nothing. If you want something, its on the player auction.
I'm hoping the developers are going to find a lack of playerbase in the lvl 40 area once the majority hits 40 and they all have their weapons, which might make them push the "mines" update to a late summer.

ScottyMango
Jul 9, 2012, 08:39 PM
That's why you take time, and enjoy the game, rather than blasting through with no other goal in mind other than to raise the number by your name.

Besides, you have 3 classes to level individually. Should take a pretty fair amount of time if all you're waiting to do is grind more.

Polly
Jul 9, 2012, 08:44 PM
When has it ever been about leveling? Yeah it was a challenge is PSO, but it was even more of a challenge to get a Dark Flow or a rare item of that matter. Just because WoW/SWTOR/Diablo all have you leveling to a cap soon to be increased, doesnt mean that any game that does that is following in their footsteps. 90% of the game has been about grinding for those epic items or just those cool looking items to show off. If anything play now, get 40 and stop. Just because you start playing doesnt mean you cant stop whenever you hit the level cap.

Basically this is how I'm approaching PSO2. I really don't care much about being highest level or hitting a level cap ever. I'm just doing things at my own pace. There's still a lot of the game for me to see and I don't really feel any immediate need to rush through.

The rush to cap playstyle may be for some, but it's just not for me.

Vylera
Jul 9, 2012, 08:48 PM
I am super excited that they are releasing regular content, but as shown by those who have reached lvl 40 already, I dont want to cap and then sit on my hands for a few months waiting for the next lvl cap increase to happen (aka WoW). One of the cool things about the original, I know it seems that I have my rose tinted glasses on but I assure you they were removed months ago, was that the level caps were ridiculously far away (or it seemed that way anyways) and getting to lvl 100 took months of playing, not days. And forget about lvl 200. I just dont understand why PSO drifted into the common WoW, SWTOR, Diablo 3, etc... cap at 40-60. There have been numerous threads out there about how it feels that Sega is stifling us they way they force players to stay in areas at certain levels, and only after reaching a certain level do they "unlock" more content; but I would feel that they would not attempt to do this with the level cap, but I was wrong. Is it worth it for me to just wait until vhard comes out and then play the way I normally would? Are there true rares to find, or are they just the ones that you see on the side of the missions that you choose? It just feels like the only answer that Sega has is to: 1) Decorate your room and go socialize on the internet until they increase the lvl cap and difficulty, or 2) go grind as a force (even when you dont want to...).

You do realize that the people who got to level 40 in "days" are basically grinding night and day, focused primarly on one class, and took advantage of OBT's free MyShop usage to future-proof their gear, right?

I have 207 hours on my character (at least 70 of which is leaving my body AFK in MyRoom), and I only have a level 25 hunter & 25 ranger. I've been leveling them evenly since day 1.

All things considered, I'm estimating roughly 500+ hours on my account before I hit double 40, with some secondary force gametime on the side.

If you take 500 hours of gaming and split it nice and evenly to 5 hours a day, that's more than 3 month's worth of gaming.

It's all about your pace. No game is going to last you longer than a week if you spend 16 hours a day on it.

Sp-24
Jul 9, 2012, 08:53 PM
Might as well wait until spring, then, when the American version is coming out.

Randomness
Jul 9, 2012, 08:57 PM
Might as well wait until spring, then, when the American version is coming out.

Depends how SEGA releases content. Best case scenario - it's a full translation of the JP ver. up to that point.

Phantasma
Jul 9, 2012, 09:15 PM
*reads thread title* ...I don't think this is the question to ask to people in this part of the forum... o.O

Yakatsugi
Jul 9, 2012, 09:16 PM
Best case scenario: Day 1 all over again and wait another few months for new content.

Mantiskilla
Jul 9, 2012, 09:16 PM
That's why you take time, and enjoy the game, rather than blasting through with no other goal in mind other than to raise the number by your name.

Besides, you have 3 classes to level individually. Should take a pretty fair amount of time if all you're waiting to do is grind more.

Totally agree with this assessment....ENJOY THE RIDE! Thing is though we shouldn't be too critical of those people who want to blast through the game. For some people this is their "hardcore" game and they've been waiting so long to play it that they just can't get enough of it due to sheer excitement, bringing a PSO band back together or whatever. To me I can't play it for hours, and hours on end b/c I like to play other games in the process, work, etc, but I can't fault PSO diehards for wanting to play a game they've been waiting for years, and years. I only worry about those said diehards becoming elitists b/c that can ruin fun communities

Yakatsugi
Jul 9, 2012, 09:24 PM
Some people want to wait, others want to play.
The ONLY reason the TC made this thread was to see what other people think and use it to help him make up his mind.

All I'm gonna say is if you want to wait for whatever reason, wait, if you want to play for whatever reason then play. Simple as that, yes or no , 0 or 1.

Drunken Dragon
Jul 9, 2012, 09:26 PM

This!
PSO's key selling point and main hook was searching for rares.... It was never about leveling.... Gotta love the epic moment when you finally found the weapon/item you were looking for only to find that it lousy % attributes... And then you went back to rare grinding hehe.....

Not to mention the mag farms :-)

Quadocky
Jul 9, 2012, 09:33 PM
I am waiting. By then I will be done with other games like Borderlands 2 and Torchlight 2.

Ryoga4523
Jul 9, 2012, 09:39 PM
I get that some of you find value in swapping between hunter, ranger and force; the fact that you can switch, should not be a variable to predict (for lack of a better word) a boredom level. If they were not trying to be like any other company, then they would have came up with a truer PSO level cap.

And yes, grinding has always been the thing in PSO (grind normal to get to hard, find some okay drops, grind some more to get to vhard, alright now we are talking, find some even better drops, grind to get to ULTIMATE, AWESOME, gear up and level up to defeat enemies, while still looking for awesome drops. I was there, I thoroughly enjoyed myself, was the quintessential online experience of my teens (outside of socom I and II for ps2). All I am saying is, looking for rares is the premise of the game starting at lvl 1. It is not the end all point of the game like Diablo, hence the reason PSO had the insane lvl cap of 200.

I am not here to bash, and like someone previously posted, I am just wondering, "what should I do?" With F2P games coming out like crazy, and lots of really nice console titles coming out this fall, should I just burn and churn or wait to enjoy the game when more/better content comes out?

And out of curiosity, are rares still truely rare? Or is it only 2 that you can possibly get per mission? I do not know because I am only lvl 11 so far. I have been playing off and on since the OBT for pre launch.

Quadocky
Jul 9, 2012, 09:43 PM
This!
PSO's key selling point and main hook was searching for rares.... It was never about leveling.... Gotta love the epic moment when you finally found the weapon/item you were looking for only to find that it lousy % attributes... And then you went back to rare grinding hehe.....

Not to mention the mag farms :-)
Personally that never really appealed to me. I just liked it because it was an Action RPG with guns and fantastic Music and art direction. On top of this I just like 'Japanese' Style Science Fantasy better than 'Western.' Things like Mass Effect and all that Space Marine stuff I dislike mostly because of just how plain boring it looks.

I really loved PSU because they were able to capture a futuristic atmosphere with both the aesthetic and music. Namely the fashion and outfits. I've never seen more unique looking clothing in a video game.

Zyrusticae
Jul 9, 2012, 10:21 PM
Agreed, there is no real point in playing the game after you are lvl 40, have 6mill, have your skill tree set, have your mag fed well, and your weapons don't need tweaking. There are no rares to hunt, no special units that take a couple weeks to grind for a drop, no nothing. If you want something, its on the player auction.
I'm hoping the developers are going to find a lack of playerbase in the lvl 40 area once the majority hits 40 and they all have their weapons, which might make them push the "mines" update to a late summer.
Yeah, um, for the record, I've put in 95 hours into the game and my character is still only level 36.

To reach the point you're talking about, players have to put in at least a hundred and a half hours into the game... and the level cap is only 40?

For one, that is insane staying power, especially in an age where most games are not designed to possess that kind of longevity (you'd have burned through the average theme park MMO by now, for example). Secondly, that much time spent playing per day is easily far and away above what most working folks can possibly possess. In fact, that's so much playing time that you not only fall under the hardest of the hardcore that gaming companies do not even try to cater for, but it even borders on "no-lifer" status (in which case you are such an extreme edge case that you really shouldn't expect any game to be able to keep you entertained for very long).

Obviously, the unemployed and students on summer break can afford that kind of playing time, but fortunately these people also happen to coincide with a lack of financial freedom, hence gaming companies have absolutely no incentive to cater to such individuals. If you play for many, many hours a day and rush through to the max in the space of a few weeks, frankly, you waive all right to complain about content. As long as everyone understands that much, we should be good...

Garnet_Moon
Jul 9, 2012, 10:33 PM
I'm off and on and my highest is 24. Shoot, last night I got home earlier enough to play before maintenance, but chose instead to watch Digimon The Movie. Because FUCK YEAH, Terriermon.

I'm off tomorrow, but I predict NCIS or Burn Notice will draw me away from my computer most of the day so~...

HadouMetsu
Jul 9, 2012, 10:37 PM
Personally I think it's a good choice on Sega's part. The lvl cap may be low now, but I'm sure that they'll increase it when the time is right. The main feel of the game is still the same, so what's there to complain about?

goldwing
Jul 9, 2012, 10:57 PM
Personally I think it's a good choice on Sega's part. The lvl cap may be low now, but I'm sure that they'll increase it when the time is right. The main feel of the game is still the same, so what's there to complain about?

Hes not complaning at all.
@ryoga dude if the games not motavateing to you now you should wait till fall when more comes out. Theres no point in forceing yourself to play when nothing catches your eye yet. There are more than one rare that drops on a stage then the ones shown tho not many for each weapon type atm. So to recap you should wait till more comes out.

Ryoga4523
Jul 9, 2012, 10:59 PM
I'm off and on and my highest is 24. Shoot, last night I got home earlier enough to play before maintenance, but chose instead to watch Digimon The Movie. Because FUCK YEAH, Terriermon.

I'm off tomorrow, but I predict NCIS or Burn Notice will draw me away from my computer most of the day so~...

Yes, yes, and more yes. Those are two of my favorite shows.

But after reading what you guys are saying, I will give it another try. It may be the japanese that is throwing me off a little. I honestly do not like having to read a guide to figure out how to grind a weapon or figure choose quests, but oh well, what do you do when you play a japanese online game -_-!

JeyKama
Jul 10, 2012, 12:28 AM
Personally, the thrill of PSE cross burst ONE MORE TIME keeps me grinding tundra (disclaimer, I was one of those FFXI people who would meripo all day and night for that chain#400) . That, and someday an Urs Ragna will be mine :<

velociti
Jul 10, 2012, 12:34 AM
Yeah, um, for the record, I've put in 95 hours into the game and my character is still only level 36.

To reach the point you're talking about, players have to put in at least a hundred and a half hours into the game... and the level cap is only 40?

For one, that is insane staying power, especially in an age where most games are not designed to possess that kind of longevity (you'd have burned through the average theme park MMO by now, for example). Secondly, that much time spent playing per day is easily far and away above what most working folks can possibly possess. In fact, that's so much playing time that you not only fall under the hardest of the hardcore that gaming companies do not even try to cater for, but it even borders on "no-lifer" status (in which case you are such an extreme edge case that you really shouldn't expect any game to be able to keep you entertained for very long).

Obviously, the unemployed and students on summer break can afford that kind of playing time, but fortunately these people also happen to coincide with a lack of financial freedom, hence gaming companies have absolutely no incentive to cater to such individuals. If you play for many, many hours a day and rush through to the max in the space of a few weeks, frankly, you waive all right to complain about content. As long as everyone understands that much, we should be good...

Yeah uh, I played the game for probably 60 hours and am lvl 40 easily, with 5mill. Nothing to do, game got boring. It is, UH, hard mode btw, there shouldn't be any decent rares to drop, since pso1's hard mode was very much lacking in very good rare drops. I'm here to get to ult, or VH so that I can farm some awesome rares, not have a fun loligagging time collecting clothes, raising 10 mags, looking at the scenery for 90% of the time, etc. Its hard mode, I just can't wait for VH and some real rares.
btw it isn't hard to get to lvl 40, if you didn't sit in lobby on your free time, find a 11/12 room and get PSE's/crossbursts/multi boss spawns/multi codes, you'd be: lvl 40 in no time, and have, EASILY, 3mill+. (all within 30 hours)
aaaaand 1 more thing, I still prefer pso1 over pso2. 1 just feels so much better.
hmmm, there's alot of lvl 40s out there, and to see you putting me down on a pedestal, is just plain mean. I'd say the majority of the level cappers out there are either bored already, or will be bored within the next week. <-- That was what this thread was about. Might as well not play the game till the next update, nothing to do, its just hard mode. (hard mode, lol, you talk about content? remember pso1 you can breeze to lvl 40 and get to VH mode in something like 10 hours, not to mention nothing beneficial dropped in normal/hard for your char in the long run)

k so lets see.
forest, woop de do. caves, nice looking, not great music. hmm.. desert, nice music and scenery. tundra? so much potential, but looks like a forest atmosphere for the most part. That's what I got out of the game. Could have been alot better if they made big maps to roam around, like in Ruins 2, that one room where its really big and alot of monsters spawned. (that's probably how they came up with the PSE idea, because people liked that part of pso)

All in all, the developers need to be criticized because the game's maps could have been bigger, cooler, etc etc there's no replay-ability in my opinion.
(so, you are telling me that 3 maps, a reskined forest called tundra with 1 decently sized room in the area, and a time attack are worth to be played for atleast 200+ hours, and over the course of half a year?)
I would love to see diverse maps, and new ones pumped out ever so often. (pso1 had 4 areas, but was replay-able because of the quests, and rares to grind for. Quests are like WoW in pso2, and I've never played that and can tell you that)

One more thing, if it takes 200+ hours to get to lvl 40, then that is some serious wasted time playing the game. You should spend most of your time near the max level, because that is where the end game is, all the items to farm, cash to build up, things to obtain. lvl 40 is no endgame for me, so I have nothing else to do with this game but WAIT for it, and that's what I'm going to do! Have fun wasting time in the 30's, because your going to do that in the 40's, the 50's, the 60's, the 70's, the 80's, the 90's, 100's, 110's, 120's, 130's, 140's, (if you get this far) 150's, 160's, 170's, 180's, 190's and at 200. Yeah, uh, 2,000 to 5,000 hours into this game to get to 200, pretty sure the majority playing pso2 won't be playing it 4 years from now.

Ranmaru
Jul 10, 2012, 12:59 AM
Basically this is how I'm approaching PSO2. I really don't care much about being highest level or hitting a level cap ever. I'm just doing things at my own pace. There's still a lot of the game for me to see and I don't really feel any immediate need to rush through.

The rush to cap playstyle may be for some, but it's just not for me.

Indeed, as am I. I'm only level 19 right now. Sure, I may feel like I'm 'not up to par' or not caught up with friends/guild mates, but I'm still getting it down at my own pace as well. It's more because I don't want to hit the cap and get bored, because then I'll really not do much but wait. I don't want to be at that point.

This also may be because of my laid back nature.

astro9866
Jul 10, 2012, 02:07 AM
@OP why dont you just change to one of the other three classes if your bored already?

Konflyk
Jul 10, 2012, 05:11 AM

Someone has probably already said these, not going to bother going through the full thread right now so I'll list some answers for you.

1. Implying you'll even hit level cap if you can't find something to do aside waste your time away sitting in front of your PC all day like most everyone else who hit lv 40 within a week. You will get bored by the time you hit lv 20 because guess what, it's a wall 20-25 is a pain in the ass to go through because of the missions available

2. Sega is running a business not something just solely for your entertainment, level caps were implimented to provide longevity to the game first an foremost, PSO came out 15 years ago, I don't think capping levels was all that common, plus I remember PSOBB and how long we had to wait initially for Hard, Vhard, Ult to be unlocked, people were well into the lv 60+ range grinding the shit out of normal ruins alone in open beta.

3. Forcing us to stay in certain areas? What? lv 5 access to all of Forest, lv 10 access to all of Caves/Volcano, lv 15 access to all of Desert the maps are pretty varied and I don't think I've even run into the same map layout more than once tbh even when I'm grinding a stage I rarely see the same layout. And your only restricted if your unable to complete the client orders from Koffie, it's similar to having to check in with Tyrell or the Lab Officier from Ep1/2 respectively, only thing time you have to do a bit more than just clear the stage.

4. The rares before the mission are shown to you before you start and you can choose to run that map or not, I believe they change on an hourly basis. Any enemy can drop the rare shown, I mostly see them drop during a code(must be me)

5. Shame on you for comparing my glorious Online Action RPG to a point and click, cool down, RNG fest. Good day sir.

To be nice however, if you want to wait, then wait I was in no means trying to shove the game down your throat, but more so say it's not going to happen as fast as long as you have some sort of job or social life outside of your bedroom and PC. I work 4-5 days a week(40+hrs), hit the gym and work out for at least an hour a day, and divide the rest of my time up between sleep, doing something I need to take care of I'm only lv 33 right now and I'll provide my hours later, I do have idle time from just feeding my mag when I'm playing my 360 or PS3 or doing something else in the house. So just leisurely play the game, or wait till fall regardless they'll probably add some newer low end content to help you rush it faster, I'm pretty sure they'll increase the cap by 10 levels per month for a while since there is some equipment in the game that no one can equip due to the high stat's required.

Dabian
Jul 10, 2012, 06:29 AM
Play at your own pace. Unless you're aiming to cap the content ASAP, then like the majority of us, we're going to have stuff to do till Fall anyway.

Galerianx
Jul 10, 2012, 06:50 AM
am only lv21 and got like 20 missions to do why i got that many just cant be assed to do them being in japanese i like to play the game on and off wen am bored as its free to play am not wasteing money on monthly i love phantasy star games been on all of them and played the shit out of them but being japanese i dont find it fun to play much as i dont know what the story is about and using guides all the time is just geting boreing

sugarFO
Jul 10, 2012, 07:04 AM
I've been level 40 for a few days and I still have fun. I don't need to be getting exp to enjoy my time farming free roam tundra getting cross pse bursts and such. Selling everything I find and building up a reserve of meseta for future content. Finishing matter board quests is fun, too. There's always something to do. Complete all the client orders you can and save them for next level cap opening. :D

UnLucky
Jul 10, 2012, 07:37 AM
Sega is running a business not something just solely for your entertainment, level caps were implimented to provide longevity to the game first an foremost

Level caps are so players will purchase upgrade insurance to get their garbage rares to +10 with a 50% attribute and all rank V abilities, not to mention drag out the premium subscriptions.

English release will not have all the content from the start because it makes Sega more money to stage it out.

My advice? Enjoy the game. Kill things, party up, chat, farm, grind, whatever. Just try to keep in mind that lv40 in Hard mode is not endgame, as velociti so eloquently pointed out, so don't get caught up in the pissing contest to see who can get the shiniest obsolete gear when the next update hits.

D-Inferno
Jul 10, 2012, 07:53 AM
This is just spectulating, but I doubt that the US audience would be that tolerant to PSO2 in it's current state.

Plus, the US probably will get the Vita version around the same time as the Japanese (why else would the game be held to Spring 2013), and the Vita would have to be up to date with the PC version.

Zyrusticae
Jul 10, 2012, 09:00 AM
Yeah uh, I played the game for probably 60 hours and am lvl 40 easily, with 5mill.
To put it simply, I don't believe you. Take a screenshot of your character select screen for proof ("pics or didn't happen!").

Nothing to do, game got boring. It is, UH, hard mode btw, there shouldn't be any decent rares to drop, since pso1's hard mode was very much lacking in very good rare drops. I'm here to get to ult, or VH so that I can farm some awesome rares, not have a fun loligagging time collecting clothes, raising 10 mags, looking at the scenery for 90% of the time, etc. Its hard mode, I just can't wait for VH and some real rares.
Wow, this is complete nonsense. Why do you insist on comparing it entirely to the original PSO? It's a new game. You do realize that the game has a ton more variety in the drops just from the first five rarity ratings than PSO v1 ever did, right? And why in the world is hard mode SUPPOSED to NOT have decent drops just because the first PSO didn't? This... makes my brain hurt.

Also, somewhere in the paragraph you completely forgot about playing the game for the sake of playing the game, and not just for progression's sake... :-?

btw it isn't hard to get to lvl 40, if you didn't sit in lobby on your free time, find a 11/12 room and get PSE's/crossbursts/multi boss spawns/multi codes, you'd be: lvl 40 in no time, and have, EASILY, 3mill+. (all within 30 hours)
Again, pics or didn't happen. Pretty much all of my playtime is actively doing something, and from what I can tell you're pretty much low-balling all of your time estimates to make yourself look better.

aaaaand 1 more thing, I still prefer pso1 over pso2. 1 just feels so much better.
Good for you, I guess? Why even bother if you don't enjoy the game? Serious question.

I'm not even going to touch the rest just because this question remains unanswered. Again, why bother?

Level caps are so players will purchase upgrade insurance to get their garbage rares to +10 with a 50% attribute and all rank V abilities, not to mention drag out the premium subscriptions.

Yeah, no, the level cap is low because they simply decided they didn't have enough content to justify a higher one. After all, they need common and rare gear for all those levels, in addition to more stuff on the talent tree and more client orders to cover the different level ranges.

And nothing will ever prevent player stupidity. If someone wants to spend millions of meseta upgrading garbage rares, why the hell not? That's their choice, not yours.

velociti
Jul 10, 2012, 11:27 AM
1. did you enjoy pso at lvl 40 when there was ult mode?
2. 200 hours shouldn't be spent on the first 20% of all your levels.
3. 4 areas, no good quests
4. games like wow, ofcourse pso1 is better
5. the game should be more like pso1, because pso1 still is better.
6. this game isn't PSO2, its PSO1.new graphics + boring quests + give me money for mags + gimme money for Scratch off lotteries + gimme money for skill trees + oh your RA char can be a FO & a HU, yea that makes sense.
btw, why shouldn't things be compared to the original? it is pso2, right? not some knock off modern mmo with spin-off ideas from other terrible MMOs. pso1 never had quests you had to do to progress, etc. quests tie the game down, and only makes people play the game longer, aka WoW you get the point, pic coming

ofcourse you bring up the idea of "oh anyone can do what they want, its THEIR choice (the essence of being liberal)" ofcourse it is bud, go waste 200+ hours below lvl 40, its pointless. Did I ever say anything about restricting peoples' choices in this game? No, so don't bring up these little prancy ideas.

Also little buddy, don't assume that I didn't enjoy the game, where did I say I did not enjoy this game? I enjoyed most of it, except for the quests and other small things.
All I said was: 1. pso1 is better. 2. pso2 has been criticized by me 3. do those 2 things mean I don't enjoy pso2? no. It means pso1 was just better, and pso2 can be better.
http://img338.imageshack.us/img338/2746/pso20120710113130000.jpg
155 hours, left the game on idle a bit, I'd say for 20% of the time, and another 15 hours wasted after 40, so I'd say 110 to 120 hours is what it took to get me to 40. If I redid this, it could be under 70 hours for sure.
played since open beta started, so that's June 21, today is July 10th, let's average those hours a day... 20 days total, 5 hours a day if you take it 110 hours to get to 40. Oh yea, I hit 30 and did nothing there for probably 15+ hours, so you could say 4 hours a day.