PDA

View Full Version : Disaster stories!

Tessu
Jul 9, 2012, 10:35 PM
I just got out of an hour-long hellish mission that ended in a sore thumb from pushing on the XBOX controller control stick as boss after boss spawned in a row. But I can't be the only one. I want to hear your guys' stories.

Mine was-
Me, two friends, and Lisa were doing a mission for one of said friends where we had to S rank free caves exploration. The second room ended up having an insanely long, confusing map that did a damned good job of hiding the exit. 3 bosses spawned while we wandered aimlessly--Dark Ragni, Caterdran, and even Vol Dragon (the boss for that mission). WHILE we had the Vol Dragon, we got an Emergency Code Avoid. And the dragon for that stage ended up being infected/darkness'd/HARDER.

BUT WE DID ALL OF IT.
It was fun in the end. :'D

doomdragon83
Jul 9, 2012, 10:47 PM
I was in the Forest, an Emergency code: Avoid happened, I was running to a part of the map where there was a large space so I can avoid it. When I got there, I got trapped by 3 different floor traps back to back to back and obviously failed and nearly died.

I was in the Desert, a Dark Ragne spawned and 2 seconds later a trap stops me from moving, causing me to die and lose my S rank.

Seriously, I'm so fucking tired of these fucking floor traps. You can't detect them, they happen to show up at some of the worst times, almost as if the game is simply throwing those things at you on purpose. It shouldn't be a problem if you are in a party with other people, otherwise you'll have to free yourself, or hope the terrain plays to your advantage, letting you jump out, or waste a PB and exploit the invincibility time.

Daiyousei
Jul 9, 2012, 11:41 PM
The game sure hates me at times, I went into Caves to fight Catadran, Run into Code Duel with Vol Dragon amidst a crap ton of enemies in a narrow corridor in the first area with a dark pulsating disk at my back, and it wasn't even a multiparty area. After a few deaths and beating that dreaded dragon, Change Over : Code Duel, and spawns another Vol Dragon, and so 8 deaths later....

Soon after that I decide to go take on Vol for real in free caves, Code Duel with Vol in the second area which is multiparty but I was the only one in the area at the time and the whole duration I was there fighting Vol. So much for clearing it in 20 minutes....

Phantasma
Jul 9, 2012, 11:46 PM
"Code: Avoid" says trollololololololololmad? at the most inopportune times ever.

Daiyousei
Jul 9, 2012, 11:52 PM
What's worse about Code avoid is that other people can fail it for you by getting themselves hit by it, even bigger troll.

Though I find them hilarious as it scatters everyone especially in a multiparty area

Dinosaur
Jul 9, 2012, 11:52 PM
Blew a mil trying to add Shoot III & Rappy Soul on a 9 star unit. After countless tries, I didn't get it.

Tessu
Jul 10, 2012, 12:00 AM
Seriously, I'm so fucking tired of these fucking floor traps. You can't detect them, they happen to show up at some of the worst times, almost as if the game is simply throwing those things at you on purpose. It shouldn't be a problem if you are in a party with other people, otherwise you'll have to free yourself, or hope the terrain plays to your advantage, letting you jump out, or waste a PB and exploit the invincibility time.

Yeah, I hate the floor traps too. I've been lucky with them so far, and I'm a Force so dodging right at the time of the explosion is way easier than it should be, but I understand how they could be frustrating for... basically any other class. D;

Daiyousei
Jul 10, 2012, 12:08 AM
My worse streak with the floor traps was 3 in a row, I jumped out of into another, and into another, in the same area.

JeyKama
Jul 10, 2012, 12:23 AM
Floor traps are easy... just have to react fast and jump+dodge to get out. 3 in a row is pretty awesome though.

Also, Code Avoids + Duel + PSE Burst is simply not fair.

Also, having to basically solo a boosted lv35 Vol Dragon for the last story mission is extremely uber lame.

Phantasma
Jul 10, 2012, 12:29 AM
My worse streak with the floor traps was 3 in a row, I jumped out of into another, and into another, in the same area.

LOL YES! This happened to me multiple times during one of my first few times in forest free field on hard. I guess this is what they call difficulty raising.

CJ Johnny
Jul 10, 2012, 02:35 AM
I just got out of an hour-long hellish mission that ended in a sore thumb from pushing on the XBOX controller control stick as boss after boss spawned in a row. But I can't be the only one. I want to hear your guys' stories.

Mine was-
Me, two friends, and Lisa were doing a mission for one of said friends where we had to S rank free caves exploration. The second room ended up having an insanely long, confusing map that did a damned good job of hiding the exit. 3 bosses spawned while we wandered aimlessly--Dark Ragni, Caterdran, and even Vol Dragon (the boss for that mission). WHILE we had the Vol Dragon, we got an Emergency Code Avoid. And the dragon for that stage ended up being infected/darkness'd/HARDER.

BUT WE DID ALL OF IT.

More then Adequate.
You have 3 Souls and a NPC.

We have 2 Souls and 2 NPC's.
Complete Failure.

http://i45.tinypic.com/v40z2x.jpg

Polly
Jul 10, 2012, 02:39 AM
Entered an area while an Emergency Code: Avoid was active and somehow got smacked in the face with it immediately. It was too funny to really be angry about. Neat little surprise to wake you up during the grind to open up the Desert.

Daiyousei
Jul 10, 2012, 03:10 AM
speaking of getting smacked immediately, I dropped into Forest while it was raining, and got hit by lightning right as I enter, at least it doesn't hurt too much.

Ueno54
Jul 10, 2012, 03:37 AM
Earlier tonight on my hunter a group of gunner robots spawned and instagibbed me. I saw the code appear, then got unloaded on before I could even think to react. So much for that quick S rank drill mission.

AlMcFly
Jul 10, 2012, 03:41 AM
Caves...Code: Collect near room exits...every single time...

Revlis-Desilver
Jul 10, 2012, 03:52 AM
managed to stab myself in the hand at the day job stopping me from playing the game for at least a week :( doesn't get more disastrous than that folks :) (for those that love a bit of blood and gore there's a picture on my twitter account @revlisdesilver)

Scrub
Jul 10, 2012, 04:05 AM
Was in a party with a guy earlier, played for like an hour or so with absolutely no trouble through this one Desert mission.

I get hit and knocked down once, no big deal. As I stand up, like 4 of those little bipdeal drifting mech things do their strafing attack at me at once and I get shot full of 50 holes like a goddamn cartoon character. Dude didn't have any rezzes so I had to Walk of Shame back.

Yunfa
Jul 10, 2012, 04:43 AM
Was in a party with a guy earlier, played for like an hour or so with absolutely no trouble through this one Desert mission.

I get hit and knocked down once, no big deal. As I stand up, like 4 of those little bipdeal drifting mech things do their strafing attack at me at once and I get shot full of 50 holes like a goddamn cartoon character. Dude didn't have any rezzes so I had to Walk of Shame back.

I've lost count how many of those bullets I've eaten.

gigawuts
Jul 10, 2012, 04:52 AM
Those things are the reason I got partisan gear. Ugh, using wirelances to grab them just a tenth of a second too late, so they do their rocket barrage as I stand there spinning around like an idiot in slow motion trying to avoid everything.

White Midnight
Jul 10, 2012, 05:29 AM
Worst I've put up with was getting stuck behind three gates with Code Elimination someone else triggered in an Emergency mission, with a majority of the darkers I needed to drop right with me in the cramped space I got stuck in. But then the Desert boss decides to show up - boosted, and nobody else could get to me. Barely managed to pipe out after a few bad hits, but my party and I couldn't get back to that area since the gates were still closed.

What's worse about Code avoid is that other people can fail it for you by getting themselves hit by it, even bigger troll.

Though I find them hilarious as it scatters everyone especially in a multiparty area

The biggest troll is when you dive roll successfully to avoid being hit, but the monster collides with you during the invincibility phase and the game still marks it failed -_- Happened to me, only collision I had with it was during the invincibility in a dive roll for the entire two minutes and it got marked failed despite no damage.

moorebounce
Jul 10, 2012, 05:57 AM
While I was doing the Level Cap Trial 1 I had collected 90 forest, 90 caves drops and had about 25 from the desert. I though after the game saw I had the 90 of the forest and cave drops it was okay to get rid of them. So I sold them out of my bank. I didn't realize what I done until I went back to the caves to do something and I noticed I was collecting again and I knew I wasn't doing any client orders.

Also you can buy stuff you sold back but not drops unless you must have premium service to do that. Yeah I was upset at myself for not checking first but I got over it. It was actually faster getting them the second time than the first time.

Dabian
Jul 10, 2012, 06:17 AM
Killed boss within client order time limit. Check.
Didn't die. Check.
Didn't kill enough trash mobs cause I had no way of knowing. Disaster.

Skye-Fox713
Jul 10, 2012, 06:21 AM

Mine was-

BUT WE DID ALL OF IT.

yeah something like that happened to me to on the Vol Dragon mission.

The order was something like this...

Vol Dragon, Vol Dragon, Caterdran, Caterdran, Dark Rangni, Caterdran, Caterdran. Fortunately I wasn't on a timed run.

Tessu
Jul 10, 2012, 04:09 PM
yeah something like that happened to me to on the Vol Dragon mission.

The order was something like this...

Vol Dragon, Vol Dragon, Caterdran, Caterdran, Dark Rangni, Caterdran, Caterdran. Fortunately I wasn't on a timed run.

Ours was technically timed, and we were hoping to hit 2 birds with 1 stone by completing it in under 20 minutes. It didn't work out. Cx

aduran
Jul 10, 2012, 04:11 PM
Maintenance, maintenance, maintenance.

EMERGENCY CODE: MAINTENANCE.

They should do one like that and put it as a remainder within the game and give 1000xp for every hour that is down. LOL

Well that's my disaster story. hehe

Vylera
Jul 10, 2012, 04:14 PM
PSE Burst Chance!

-630-

HunterFusion
Jul 10, 2012, 04:21 PM
My adventurous stories was getting into the boss room and right when I spawn to the boss... well Vol Dragon thought it would be nice to spawn camp on top of me and crushed me into a force sandwich.

He laughed at me and said

"Ahahaha puny newman, I have finally thought of an idea to defeat you!"

I cried to him with so much pain.

"How could you do this to me!?"

Well as for my bot friends...

http://fc02.deviantart.net/fs70/f/2011/112/2/3/poker_face_by_phoraven-d3emdki.gif

And that I was Not Amused.

E-Code Disaster

CharAznable
Jul 10, 2012, 04:27 PM
Seriously, I'm so fucking tired of these fucking floor traps. You can't detect them, they happen to show up at some of the worst times, almost as if the game is simply throwing those things at you on purpose.

Just jump out of it :s

Chik'Tikka
Jul 10, 2012, 04:33 PM
Code: Rescue and Code: Avoid, need i say more?? +^_^+

aduran
Jul 10, 2012, 04:41 PM
oh wait i do have a disaster story. first time i got a rare during a pse burst i left it there until the end but the problem the rare dissapeared!....

i bet there is a limit of items per person that can be on the stage like old times :-?:-x

so everytime there is a burst i move around and pick up the rare as soon as i see it

Gama
Jul 10, 2012, 04:47 PM
dunno how it goes for other classes but code avoid is really easy to avoid for a force, time it right and u keep the darn dark pelican on your tail and keep it off your teammates. i just stay on the same pace and when he moves i just teleport and he isnt able to hit me.

i really hate code elimination on caves "slow"... and i'm not very fond of ragne and dagan killing everyone while they try to kill each other. so much chaos.

gigawuts
Jul 10, 2012, 04:50 PM
How to win Code: Avoid

1. Keep the big bird in the middle of your screen

2. Walk sideways

3. Collect XP & Meseta

darkante
Jul 10, 2012, 04:53 PM
Running while talking and without really thinking i went into a big mine field and boom.. dead in 1 second.
Also, getting stuck in one of those floor traps while doing a "Avoid" emergency...dead.

Chik'Tikka
Jul 10, 2012, 04:54 PM
dunno how it goes for other classes but code avoid is really easy to avoid for a force, time it right and u keep the darn dark pelican on your tail and keep it off your teammates. i just stay on the same pace and when he moves i just teleport and he isnt able to hit me.

i really hate code elimination on caves "slow"... and i'm not very fond of ragne and dagan killing everyone while they try to kill each other. so much chaos.

How to win Code: Avoid

1. Keep the big bird in the middle of your screen

2. Walk sideways

3. Collect XP & Meseta

+^_^+ do all that while stuck inside a code: rescue bubble+^_^+ i haven't seen it happen since official launch, maybe they took it out, but then again, no good multiparties in the lvl 20-30 free feilds+^_^+

moeri
Jul 10, 2012, 04:57 PM
code: rescue into code: duel (vol dragon)

i was scared to death that i was going to die during that, though very exciting and enjoyable

darkante
Jul 10, 2012, 04:59 PM
Guess they put rappies in charge now.
[spoiler-box]
http://img577.imageshack.us/img577/7621/pso20120709202612042.jpg
[/spoiler-box]

Fun part? It were 4 of them, but no enemies.

kiwimisty7
Jul 10, 2012, 05:03 PM
:-?It seems that every single time i tried to do koffee quest, The one with the rock bear are whatever the heck it is. On the first map i mite get some mini boss or spiders. But that second map, i tell you its hell ,either its some big huge freaken bugs, That huge Dam Spider that i cant for the life of me kill, Or the latest is the one where you have to dodge a moth to kill some small monsters . This moth one hit killed me. Its so freakin hard trying finish this quest. I just want to do a run without getting swamp by huge creatures...

gigawuts
Jul 10, 2012, 05:03 PM
Guess they put rappies in charge now.
[spoiler-box]
http://img577.imageshack.us/img577/7621/pso20120709202612042.jpg
[/spoiler-box]

Fun part? It were 4 of them, but no enemies.

Further proof that the rappies are the true evil. Darkers are merely pawns!

darkante
Jul 10, 2012, 05:14 PM
Defintively, we should do something about it.
But it seems they canīt be killed, they must have some scape dolls stached.

Aeris
Jul 10, 2012, 05:33 PM
Worse ones i had, you know those mines that trigger when you get near them, there is like 2 kinds, one that beeps fast and explodes a sec later and one that beeps slowly and explodes a few secs later, i got caught in middle of both of them, first the short timed one blew up and knocked me right in the path of the other one and it blew up on me while i was flying in mid air, double hitting me for 280+ damage also poisoning me and killing me at the same time.

Another one was a code avoid in the city point mission hard mode, i got killed by those flying mobs and someone came to rez me when 2 of those mobs was right on top of me, killing me instantly again, got rezzed again and got killed once again since they was standing on top of me there for 3-4 times, was basically rinse and repeat until the code was over, left me kinna frustrated too.

Daiyousei
Jul 10, 2012, 06:02 PM

Code Collect with drills is even worse, drills scattered and stuff, plus it takes a while to get them started while endless enemies swarm

Also I mooned a Japanese player who was stuck in a Code Rescue bubble right under Code Duel with Ragne, he was having quite the run, after that he replied "Thank you!!" in English.

PhannyBandit
Jul 10, 2012, 06:25 PM
I ran around in a Desert MPA with 11 other people looking for a PSE Burst. After 20 minutes of roaming around in a ravenous pack of rangers murdering everything with launchers(explosions EVERYWHERE) we managed to get a PSE Burst. Nothing Spawned. Not a single monster. We ran around the map for the entire burst hoping for anything but we couldn't find a damn thing.

After that all 3 parties decided to leave and I haven't had a PSE Burst since.

Tessu
Jul 10, 2012, 06:31 PM
Given the frequency with which the interrupt events stack on top of each other and create total chaos, I honestly wonder if the system was supposed to work like that or not. Still makes for good campfire stories!

Though I find it a good thing that, despite the fact that people are regularly totally screwed over by this system, it's not frustrating to where people are actually complaining about it later--you can still laugh it off.

Zyrusticae
Jul 10, 2012, 06:37 PM
Code Collect with drills is even worse, drills scattered and stuff, plus it takes a while to get them started while endless enemies swarm

Also I mooned a Japanese player who was stuck in a Code Rescue bubble right under Code Duel with Ragne, he was having quite the run, after that he replied "Thank you!!" in English.

I can't be the only one who read that the wrong way. ^^;

gigawuts
Jul 10, 2012, 06:39 PM

Yeah, I'm debating whether I should intentionally say it this way or not with japanese players around.

I usually just don't say anything ha ha ha.

BIG OLAF
Jul 10, 2012, 06:40 PM
There seems to be a lot more Disaster stories than Triumph stories (the other thread that was made). Most disheartening.

gigawuts
Jul 10, 2012, 06:41 PM
Most of these disaster stories sound like my idea of a triumph story - go in to do one thing, get a bazillion ragnes so have to try again.

That's like, my ideal run.

Yexes
Jul 10, 2012, 06:53 PM
Code Duel! Ragne. Code Avoid! What? Code RESCUE! I'm trapped. WHAT?

Daiyousei
Jul 10, 2012, 06:57 PM

Poor choice of words I suppose, but a player who played enough Phantasy Star should get what I mean, still funny though.

Virje
Jul 10, 2012, 07:14 PM
Code Rescue pulled me right into Vol Dragon with his fancy "I'm stronger" head ornament. Killed the S rank I was shooting for.

funkyskunk
Jul 10, 2012, 07:16 PM
Looking for native creatures but all you can find are Dagan and Darkers. This is happening more and more often....

Daiyousei
Jul 10, 2012, 07:19 PM
Looking for native creatures but all you can find are Dagan and Darkers. This is happening more and more often....

Don't you mean looking for Darkers but all you can find are native creatures?

funkyskunk
Jul 10, 2012, 07:29 PM
Don't you mean looking for Darkers but all you can find are native creatures?

No, are you telling me to count myself lucky I constantly find dagan crawling up my ankles? I'm still unlocking everything on my characters so I guess when rare hunting kicks in then maybe I'll be wanting the Darkers but can't find them?

palmtop
Jul 10, 2012, 07:31 PM
I got a Fun Story, at least for me.

So i did Desert Hardmode, like always alone and i get a Avoide Code. Not far away was a 4 Man Group fighting that Desert Boss as random Spawn.

So i thought i should lure this Avoid "Thing" right into them.

Well, it was Hella Fun watching them trying to Avoid this Thing while the Boss "sucks" them into his Mouth :).

electrolytes
Jul 10, 2012, 07:32 PM
Code Duel! Ragne. Code Avoid! What? Code RESCUE! I'm trapped. WHAT?

2/3. I think the faceplant makes up for it though.
[SPOILER-BOX]http://i1162.photobucket.com/albums/q540/vanishingstapler/pso20120710_014107_009.png[/SPOILER-BOX]

Daiyousei
Jul 10, 2012, 07:33 PM
No, are you telling me to count myself lucky I constantly find dagan crawling up my ankles? I'm still unlocking everything on my characters so I guess when rare hunting kicks in then maybe I'll be wanting the Darkers but can't find them?

Well getting free forest I have to fill the 100 points in 10 minutes, and only darkers count, so if the map only spawns you native creatures...

Chik'Tikka
Jul 10, 2012, 07:38 PM
Well getting free forest I have to fill the 100 points in 10 minutes, and only darkers count, so if the map only spawns you native creatures...

to unlock level cap, you need 90 items from the native creature on each world, i'm finding the caves to be particularly hard, almost always darkers and i'm only at 70/90 for caves items, forest took me 1/3rd the time

Tessu
Jul 10, 2012, 08:42 PM
Since EC: Rescue comes up a lot, I'd like to point out how funny it is to watch someone desperately run away from the ball of misery that spawns before trapping you.

Chik'Tikka
Jul 10, 2012, 08:52 PM
Since EC: Rescue comes up a lot, I'd like to point out how funny it is to watch someone desperately run away from the ball of misery that spawns before trapping you.

i never understood those people, from the 1st time i saw that big red fuzzy thing, i always ran towards it, so how many here run to the EC: Rescue capture ball instead of away?+^_^+

AlMcFly
Jul 10, 2012, 09:32 PM
At the moment I still haven't killed any Hard Mode Dark Ragnis for the 5 skill point mission. The other day I finally found a "wild Ragni" in a hard mode city mission with a group of Japanese folk. In the middle of battle, a stupid red vortex grabs me from behind and teleports me away. My group decides to kill Ragni before coming to help me. I solo take down 75% of that red cage before a single soul comes to help. 75% IN HARD MODE CAGE! fml lol

gaogaostegosaurus
Jul 10, 2012, 09:45 PM
Killed Ragne solo after shooting out all its legs (for extra drops). Tried to take a screenshot but my SSD was full, so I alt-tabbed out to empty recycle bin. When I alt-tabbed back in the game froze. Then it came back a few minutes later...

[SPOILER-BOX]https://lh5.googleusercontent.com/-gEAZzRuwiqw/T_L7iL1KzFI/AAAAAAAABl8/XYfC_JdYXUA/w1190-h669-k/pso20120701_102210_000.png[/SPOILER-BOX]

At least I got the screenshot.

Elmera
Jul 10, 2012, 09:49 PM
The first time I saw a mining machine I didn't know what to do so I just held down the E button causing me and 3 other Japanese people to fail the quest. I'm not sure if they were angry, but they did type much and it included my name. I actually didn't put 2 and 2 together that what I did was super idiotic until I actually figured out how to properly use the mining machine on accident.

Tessu
Jul 10, 2012, 10:28 PM
The first time I saw a mining machine I didn't know what to do so I just held down the E button causing me and 3 other Japanese people to fail the quest. I'm not sure if they were angry, but they did type much and it included my name. I actually didn't put 2 and 2 together that what I did was super idiotic until I actually figured out how to properly use the mining machine on accident.

Maybe they were talking to each other about how awesome you are and how badly they wished you could communicate. :wacko:

DynamiteSushi
Jul 10, 2012, 10:37 PM
At the moment I still haven't killed any Hard Mode Dark Ragnis for the 5 skill point mission. The other day I finally found a "wild Ragni" in a hard mode city mission with a group of Japanese folk. In the middle of battle, a stupid red vortex grabs me from behind and teleports me away. My group decides to kill Ragni before coming to help me. I solo take down 75% of that red cage before a single soul comes to help. 75% IN HARD MODE CAGE! fml lol

Hey, it's you! o.3.o

I've been in some real sticky situations where on the Rare Ore Evacuation mission, It would just pop up randomly when fighting against a boss in the third zone and I would have 2 minutes or so minutes to harness the drills. The first time I completed the mission, it took me around 2 hours, because I was solo'ing.

Taking from this experience, I actually went into a multi-party for the Client Order from Koffee, to unlock Tundra. It was very difficult because we was wondering around the entire map, trying to activate the crystal and it just wouldn't activate. The 20th minute ticked, and the code would normally have to tick down to 0:00 time left, until the code completes. Luckily, the code completes if you manage to activate all the drill devices successfully. They really need to fix that, either by fixing the activation of the devices or the code completing properly when the required number of devices are successfully activated.

- D