PDA

View Full Version : Soloing the Snow Banthers(?) on Ranger?

gaogaostegosaurus
Jul 9, 2012, 11:01 PM
Well, not technically solo, since you have to take Lisa with you for the client order.

I've been dying during the transition when both of the kitties are down on the field. I gave up after a half-dozen tries and decided it might just be a level/gear thing, but I'm just wondering if I'm the only one that's hitting a wall on this order. I can reach the second part of the fight without taking much damage, but once the big banther decides minion is worthless, it's only a matter of time before something painful happens that I can't really do anything about. (Like, they take me from full life to dead before any items can be used.)

It sort of feels like you just have to be lucky and not get combo'd by both of them (for like ten minutes straight, since you can't really attack when either of them are pouncing...). But that seems a little absurd, so I figured I'd ask if there's something obvious I'm missing that would make the fight significantly easier.

Thanks.

jmanx
Jul 9, 2012, 11:04 PM
Actually those take npc with you mission works in a full party

GoldenFalcon
Jul 9, 2012, 11:52 PM
Actually those take npc with you mission works in a full party

This is correct, you can bring 2 human friends to help you

youcantcatchtheblue
Jul 9, 2012, 11:57 PM
I haven't gotten to Tundra yet, so I don't know if it's useful in this case or not, but I found that the Just Reversal skill is really really useful for quick recovery when you get knocked down.

gaogaostegosaurus
Jul 10, 2012, 01:31 AM
This is correct, you can bring 2 human friends to help you

Damn it, it says go with only Lisa in the description and everything.

Actually, I was going to see if it actually meant what the description said, since someone joined my party after I forgot to lock it. But then I decided that it would be a waste of 20 minutes to find out at the end that it failed me and just didn't tell me, since it's so clear in the description you can only take Lisa with you, grumble. And then I obviously proceeded to lose to it at the end of the next 20 minutes, lol...

I haven't gotten to Tundra yet, so I don't know if it's useful in this case or not, but I found that the Just Reversal skill is really really useful for quick recovery when you get knocked down.

Sort of, I was using it to getting back up to go back to shooting. It's not getting up that's the problem though when you (needlessly) solo there, since they sometimes "juggle" you together for 3 hits total before you can do something to get away from the face rape.

Coatl
Jul 10, 2012, 04:22 AM
Another thing: If someone else brings lisa in the party, it still counts.

Yunfa
Jul 10, 2012, 04:38 AM
Another thing: If someone else brings lisa in the party, it still counts.

Ohhhhhhhhhhh snap

DemonMike
Jul 10, 2012, 04:48 AM
Rangers are a little at odds with snow panthers. Fighting them at a range is just going to be an utter pain in the ass and launchers are too slow.

I'm yet to solo the snow panthers successfully, but I did a hell of a lot better keeping very close to them with a rifle. The moment the first panther goes in to 'pinch' mode though is going to be where things start getting troublesome. Although I didn't try it, if you've got a decent gun slash, give that a go.

It's a tough boss, and I was surprised that even when playing it solo you've still got to beat both of them!

Sapparu
Jul 10, 2012, 05:00 AM
Took me 6 tries to solo them, use the pillars near the beginning of the boss area to your advantage. There doesn't seem to be a real weakness to the 2nd boss that jumps in when you solo, just kill the first boss asap and focus on avoiding their attacks when your npc partners are downed.