PDA

View Full Version : Snow Panther is tough!

AlphaOmega2012
Jul 10, 2012, 02:09 AM
He is the toughest boss in the game. I died so many times to him. :-x

Phantasma
Jul 10, 2012, 02:57 AM
Well, I'm sure you can imagine what would happen if he was very easy.

Sirius-91
Jul 10, 2012, 03:37 AM
But he is easy o.o

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TKyT3g3dpJw

Yes I do realize Party of 3 lv 40's is cheating in some way.

Coatl
Jul 10, 2012, 04:13 AM
But he is easy o.o
Wolves Bosses - Pikachu 2min Kill - YouTube (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TKyT3g3dpJw)

You used weak bullet.
That makes everything easier than it already is.

Sirius-91
Jul 10, 2012, 04:15 AM
You used weak bullet.
That makes everything easier than it already is.

Actually, if the party i was in used all launchers, and weak bullet, then I think we could squeeze in 30 seconds.

jooozek
Jul 10, 2012, 05:12 AM
Even though we have TPS now people use lock-on as Rangers? :barf:

Ferria
Jul 10, 2012, 05:28 AM
But he is easy o.o
Wolves Bosses - Pikachu 2min Kill - YouTube (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TKyT3g3dpJw)

*tosses pokeball* xD

HFlowen
Jul 10, 2012, 05:40 AM
I fought both panther/wolves/whatever completely blind, solo at level 30 during a code changeover duel. They trounced me and I died about twenty times trying to kill them.

NoiseHERO
Jul 10, 2012, 05:51 AM

I hate TPS mode D:

Lock-on is also lazier, but I also like ranger the least of the 3 classes. <_>

Also I'd agree the snow-tiger guy is the hardest...

But he's not hard. D:

Skye-Fox713
Jul 10, 2012, 06:17 AM

It really depends on the boss or mob. Persay the Dragon boss has a target on its head so its fairly easy just to lock onto that and shoot away.

Gardios
Jul 10, 2012, 08:15 AM

It's a nightmare to use on a controller. D:

Hrith
Jul 10, 2012, 10:01 AM
That boss is not hard, it's completely retarded.

But it's not hard. D:You must have played only in full teams. Even a duo on that boss is impossible. If you're alone, the boss will combo you to death, endlessly.

It's a nightmare to use on a controller. D:It's not, you can adjust the speed at which the reticule moves, but saying we should only use TPS is very stupid, it's useless or even worse than locking on in many situations.

It's also very bothersome how the boss is incredibly resistant...

Vashyron
Jul 10, 2012, 10:05 AM
That boss is not hard, it's completely retarded.

You must have played only in full teams. Even a duo on that boss is impossible. If you're alone, the boss will combo you to death, endlessly

...No? Guess I should of recorded soloing (Me and one NPC) it for Ohza's client order! :wacko:

jooozek
Jul 10, 2012, 10:10 AM
It's not, you can adjust the speed at which the reticule moves, but saying we should only use TPS is very stupid, it's useless or even worse than locking on in many situations.
How could you even consider TPS useless? It only sucks if your aim sucks and with how assault rifles spread works you want to aim manually or your DPS will suffer massively. Same goes for launchers, to use them effectively you want to aim between enemies, not on them, the splash is so big that you are going to be hitting weak spots for some enemies. Lock-on is pretty much what will hinder your DPS the most.

sugarFO
Jul 10, 2012, 10:13 AM
Yeah I don't want to solo them and I'm level 40 FO lol.

Coatl
Jul 10, 2012, 12:54 PM
If they decide to nerf the boss because of people whining about how hard it is, I'd be royally upset.
I don't think the boss is that difficult at all. Of course, I'm a lv40 Force, so of course this is a bias statement.

I could see the panther being a Hunter's worst nightmare. But again, I'm happy we get a challenging boss this one time.

buri-chan
Jul 10, 2012, 01:07 PM
Only tried 'em once so far, soloing as a Hunter. Essentially I hid underneath until I lost server connection for a minute. Connection came back up and, of course, the server went Hokuto Shinken on my ass and one-shot me.

Ueno54
Jul 10, 2012, 02:39 PM
Looking forward to it. All of the other bosses I've ran into were awfully weak and its nice knowing the game has a mean surprise later on.

Sirius-91
Jul 10, 2012, 02:43 PM

As it has been said before, depending on what we're fighting, we'll either lock on or TPS mode. I used to be all in TPS mode until i started getting lazier with the lock on, helps for a more accurate shot especially with Weak Bullet. The only time I am in full TPS mode is with rockbear, as the head isn't targeted by the lock on.

Gama
Jul 10, 2012, 02:58 PM
the boss is predictible, so its fairly easy, you can triger certain behaviors by controling the distance. but add trying to heal people and smaller mobs to the mix, i get so confused the boss pwns me.

Scarlet_Rain
Jul 10, 2012, 04:29 PM
If they decide to nerf the boss because of people whining about how hard it is, I'd be royally upset.
I don't think the boss is that difficult at all. Of course, I'm a lv40 Force, so of course this is a bias statement.

I could see the panther being a Hunter's worst nightmare. But again, I'm happy we get a challenging boss this one time.

are that many ppl really tripping over this boss? I guess he's kind of annoying, but no more annoying then those bosses that dive underground constantly =.=

Coatl
Jul 10, 2012, 04:40 PM
are that many ppl really tripping over this boss? I guess he's kind of annoying, but no more annoying then those bosses that dive underground cosnstantly =.=

It's all I hear about in Lobby 20 ship 2.
"Oh this boss is so broken, with my +10 470 sword it should have been easy. Hope sega fixes this."

Some people just feel like since they have x amount of a stat, that boss fights should just be grind bait to them.
Drives me batty.

Ueno54
Jul 10, 2012, 04:47 PM
It's all I hear about in Lobby 20 ship 2.
"Oh this boss is so broken, with my +10 470 sword it should have been easy. Hope sega fixes this."

Some people just feel like since they have x amount of a stat, that boss fights should just be grind bait to them.
Drives me batty.

WoW did it to them. Get a large enough group of people with the best gear in the game and it all becomes too easy.

moeri
Jul 10, 2012, 04:49 PM
boss seemed fine in a group to me....

a bit more challenging than the normal bosses, but its good to see the difficulty rising, will eventually want to try solo when I actually decide to grind my equipment ... sold all my grinders to bu a wedding dress

Wolfgrey666
Jul 10, 2012, 04:52 PM
WoW did it to them. Get a large enough group of people with the best gear in the game and it all becomes too easy.

I agree with this statement.Welcome back to where skill matters more right?

Vylera
Jul 10, 2012, 04:53 PM

Maybe this is why everyone thinks rangers are boring.

The only challenge for me is getting perfect weak point accuracy in TPS mode.

Take that away from me and I wouldn't have rolled ranger to begin with.

Aeris
Jul 10, 2012, 05:09 PM
Usually i study the boss's patterns, movements and when its gonna attack and know when to dodge, move, evade or block, shouldn't be that hard once you known them.

Jungo Torii
Jul 10, 2012, 05:14 PM
The panthers are certainly more difficult than the other bosses at this point, but I'm sure people will get used to it. They really aren't that terrible...except if you're soloing or something.

Crysteon
Jul 10, 2012, 05:14 PM
It's not hard at all, just...kinda more aggressive than the rest of the bosses (it moves a lot), lol. I've beaten those bosses alone a few times without much issues.

Leyline
Jul 10, 2012, 05:20 PM
This boss was awesome on my hunter. I purposely wear WEAK defense armor to simulate a harder setting, generally 2 hits will kill me.

I use this guy to work on my shielding.

Once you see his movement pattern fighting him on ranger / force is pretty easy....now both of them at the same time solo isn't.

I don't see this getting nerfed, what I am hoping for is much harder / stronger monsters in VH/ beyond where they will be faster with more deadly moves. Also hopefully the game doesn't allow people to stack a certain def stat and essentially make a boss hit very little damage, PSO needs things like Garanz missile.

BogusKun
Jul 10, 2012, 05:25 PM
He is the toughest boss in the game. I died so many times to him. :-x

The person with the lowest defense is usually the prime meat.
It's best if you have someone at this point with a tough mag and armor to help you on the outside and in. A strong hunter type can benefit off a ranger's weak shot.

You just run around and get hits in when it slips up or have distance.

TheSnowmanEffect
Jul 10, 2012, 05:32 PM
Barioth. Nuff said.

gigawuts
Jul 10, 2012, 05:34 PM
This boss is so much fun as a hunter with sword gear, sonic arrow, and just guard.

So. Much. Fun.

At first it's frustrating because you think you can run right up to it like anything else, but good luck just guarding swipes that register as coming from behind you. You can dodge sure, but then there's his short range pounce too. I'm not used to his tells, so I never know when he'll do the short range pounce until I've been stomped into the snow.

Staying between his monkey-in-the-middle lunge attacks lets you just guard and swing out a sonic arrow. If you manage your timing right, you'll almost always have full sword gear so your sonic arrows will hit three times. This is a great way to maintain aggro without ever really being under any threat, as even if you miss a just guard you're not looking at getting back up to a face full of razor blades.

Yeah, keeping at range is a baby's tactic, but I'm used to one or two-manning it up. It's also extremely satisfying to me when I just guard something, so I can do it all day.

lagnarok
Jul 10, 2012, 05:54 PM
As a ranger, I also had fun going against panther solo.
If you're soloing, consider destroying all of the 4 toe nails.
Watch panther slide across the ice and fall down while you shoot at it.
It's a good return in end considering you dont have to run/dodge.

Vashyron
Jul 10, 2012, 07:20 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7_7sRpiI0AU

And I did so many stupid mistakes there. It really is the most fun boss I find, the game needs more speedy bosses in general. (Glad to see the normal forest will get variants of them.)

Really can't take complaining about the boss being the "problem" seriously.

Blackheart521
Jul 10, 2012, 07:39 PM
Damn Vash, you're pretty good with Just Guard, and I noticed that you have the same exact subpallete setup as I do haha. ^^;

BIG OLAF
Jul 10, 2012, 07:53 PM
My tactic is usually to kite them and then Just Guard as they leap at me, until they close the gap enough for me to run to the side of them and wail on their claws. Sometimes their swipes seem to reach way farther than it looks, though.

Also, their ice breath attack is a perfect time to bash their brains in. Easy to dodge, and renders them immobile for a good 10 seconds.

I don't lock on, though. I personally feel that using lock-on is boring, and makes fights too easy. I'd rather rely on my own attentive skills instead of just being able to see the enemies perfectly at all times. May not be an uber-efficient way to play, but I don't really care if people think the way I fight/play is 'stupid' or 'impractical', because I do things the way I want to, regardless.

JeyKama
Jul 10, 2012, 07:57 PM
The problem I have with them as a ranger soloing is that the ranged tactic seems to be to get them to burn. Burn 3 lands maybe once in their lifetime, which is ridiculous.

That and not getting smoked when both of them are out.

AlphaOmega2012
Jul 10, 2012, 07:59 PM
My Character is Force and i tried soloing this with npcs. Maybe thats why its tough? Anyway i been soloing the whole game so far. :-x

soulpimpwizzurd
Jul 10, 2012, 08:00 PM
[PSO2] Snow Banther &amp; Banshee Solo - YouTube (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7_7sRpiI0AU)

And I did so many stupid mistakes there. It really is the most fun boss I find, the game needs more speedy bosses in general. (Glad to see the normal forest will get variants of them.)

pretty much what this guy is saying.

the only thing i'd let you complain about is his pounce. it has no tell, not even a .2 second tell, from what i can see. but even then, as long as you make sure you're always dodging to his side and attacking, you'll generally avoid most of the danger, since he has to turn towards you first and then pounce.

he's a fun boss though, i like him.

Windadept
Jul 10, 2012, 09:20 PM
[PSO2] Snow Banther &amp; Banshee Solo - YouTube (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7_7sRpiI0AU)

Why do everyone else's characters say stuff but mine never does?

As a Partisan/WL user I find combining just guard and Speed Rain while airbone quite effective against the panther as well.
Since you can't interrupt WL PAs, using Heavenly Fall for dealing quick and heavy damage at the right time is a good tactic too.

Vashyron
Jul 11, 2012, 09:10 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HcW4IAYyAHA"] http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HcW4IAYyAHA

And here as Ranger. :wacko:

Why do everyone else's characters say stuff but mine never does?

The later list of voices after the initial 20(?) say lines instead of grunts.

Spi
Jul 11, 2012, 09:44 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7_7sRpiI0AU

Wow. ^^;

I really like how dynamic the fighting is in this video. Hunter looks so much fun in this game. Your Ranger video is pretty good as well... with the weak bullet prone sniping. Such refined combat style. :D Wish there were more people who did different stuff for once, too.

Yakatsugi
Jul 11, 2012, 11:43 PM
So I forgot that Monster Hunter doesn't have PVP.... and PSO's boss fights are like MH's..... problem is, are there enough bosses? and is it fun?

AlphaOmega2012
Jul 12, 2012, 01:10 AM
So I forgot that Monster Hunter doesn't have PVP.... and PSO's boss fights are like MH's..... problem is, are there enough bosses? and is it fun?

I like Monster Hunter played them on my PSP too bad they wont a PS3 version. Seriously i want a PS3 Monster Hunter Game. :(

DragonForce
Jul 12, 2012, 01:20 AM
Snow Bantha drop best rauncha!!! http://wikiwiki.asia/pso2/index.php?plugin=ref&page=%C9%F0%B4%EF%2F%C2%E7%CB%A4&src=_0012_launcher_20.png.png

KEV1N
Jul 13, 2012, 06:18 PM
The second one always kicks my ranger's ass. :(

TaigaUC
Jul 14, 2012, 02:23 AM
Finally "solo'd" this as Force with one NPC who kept dying. The second one was Boosted, which may have made the battle easier or longer.

Stats:
Level 40 Focaseal, rank 9-10 Techs, 464 HP, 1275 Tech damage, 533 physical defense. Used staff only.

Important notes:
- Avoid Just Reversal (fall recover), as it allows them to sometimes combo you to death instantly.
- Try to always keep Deband up, even if it's not charged.
- Keep Mag fed, the little heal it does can save your life.
- Prioritise tapping non-charged Resta instead of charging, because charging is riskier and the little bit of HP may prevent death.
- Recommend assigning dodge to a key that you can press quickly, double-tap won't cut it.
- You'll often have to Mirage Escape (dodge) multiple times in a row.
- Always try to keep both of them in your view.
- Having multiple NPCs can make things more difficult, because it messes with the close/far range (eg. they will pounce through you to get to them).

First Bantha:
- Long-range pounce has very short start-up and is difficult to react to, so always try to stay close. Best place to stay is the sides. Meleeing is fine.
- Maximum height jump goes over the rear leg sweep, and may work on the later half of his front swipe.
- Tends to do 3 pounces in a row before backing off.
- Frontal swipe is a very good opening, as it is very slow. Tends to do 2-4 swipes before leaping away.
- Must break some or all gold "armor" to deal more damage (to the head?).
- There are some places in the environment with elevated snowbank and/or corner walls that seem to make it more difficult for pounces to get you, and gives you time to heal/rebuff.
- If you don't stay near the corner walls, make sure you follow and stay close whenever it leaps away.

Both Banthas:
- They're both vulnerable during their prowl, roar and ice breath. Use to recharge PP, heal or rebuff.
- They both do a quick leg sweep if you're behind them. Difficult to take advantage of.
- Always keep both of them in your view.
- When the second one comes down, run as far away as you can. Staying close can result in taking multiple hits from both and they are difficult to see when close.
- Wait for the second one to be idle and the first to fall from a pounce, then attack the first. Repeat until dead.
- Avoid casting heals, etc. if you can't see both of them.

Second Bantha (Banshee?):
- Easier from a distance, will crouch for a second before pouncing.
- Often does 4 attacks in a row, consisting of mini-pounces and swipes. This can hit multiple times, and can instantly kill if you try to fall recover from any of the hits.
- Avoid jumping, as it may allow knockdown combos to hit you multiple times.
- Tends to pounce 3-5 times in a row before backing off.
- Rarely does the slow frontal swipe, not worth trying to take advantage of.
- Has a weak point on the face that can be attacked at any time for big damage.
- Does not seem to have break offs?
- Keep running as far away as possible, chain-dodge all incoming pounces and the 4 attack combo, and attack/rebuff/heal during everything else.
- May be able to dodge incoming pounces by running left (not sure).

jooozek
Jul 14, 2012, 02:27 AM
Snow Bantha drop best rauncha!!! http://wikiwiki.asia/pso2/index.php?plugin=ref&page=%C9%F0%B4%EF%2F%C2%E7%CB%A4&src=_0012_launcher_20.png.png

According to japanese wiki it has the exact same stats as the Rappy Launcher, just needs lower R-ATK to be equipped.

KrankItVZ
Jul 14, 2012, 03:29 AM
Have yet to reach this part as I've been camping around just for emergencies to make money. As a Monster Hunter player this seems more like a HUGE tigerex with somewhat slower attacks (except the leap). So far I have yet to even use my block as dodging works well most of the time. But yea for any experienced MH player it should be fine. Skill > Gear

My question though now is should I add Just Guard and all that? I sorta went for the partisan gear, wired-lance gear, and just reversal so according to the skill tree I am about 10 levels away from getting sword gear and just guard (might try partisan against the panthers). Currently level 22 using wired-lance as my mob control and patrisan as my boss weapon. I might try the SKill point quests but idk where/ what those are