PDA

View Full Version : PSO2 Do you have blur turned on?

Yakatsugi
Jul 10, 2012, 11:18 AM
Yup made a thread asking about it.

aduran
Jul 10, 2012, 12:20 PM
no, i have crappy video card. saving to buy a better one.

BIG OLAF
Jul 10, 2012, 12:23 PM
Nope, the blur makes getting nice, clear screenshots impossible, which pisses me off. Deactivated it as soon as I could.

drizzle
Jul 10, 2012, 12:32 PM
Everything up to the max, although the Soft Particle option keeps turning itself off. Not sure what it even does anyway, I see no difference, so whatever.

Now I just need a 120hz monitor...

NoiseHERO
Jul 10, 2012, 12:38 PM
I fawkin' love motion blur! Makes everything look all action-packed!

Yakatsugi
Jul 10, 2012, 01:13 PM
Still need to decide whether I should have it on or off.... then I'll be at peace.

gravityvx
Jul 10, 2012, 01:26 PM
Gives the game a lot more of an actiony feel in general and especially when there's a lot going on, on screen. Only time I would ever turn it off is if I had a crappy video card/cpu in which case you would be taking a decent performance hit, and probably be better off with it turned off. After always having it on though, game feels naked when I checked to see how it looked without it tbh. So short answer, yes, I have it turned on.

Kazzi
Jul 10, 2012, 01:31 PM
God no, it gave me a headache last time I left it on.

Yakatsugi
Jul 10, 2012, 01:32 PM
I don't really know what to decide... when I have it on the game seems smooth, if it's off I KINDA notice a little frame drop? Really I can't tell the difference but I just feel something's off. When I have it on it kinda gets on my eyes cuz I try to focus to no avail because obviously things are blurred. I just want to know if you guys have it on. Because if a lot of people do, I guess i'll have my on as well, if everyone else could endure it, why couldn't I? lol.

gravityvx
Jul 10, 2012, 01:34 PM
If it bothers your eyes why not turn it off? It has never bothered me so I haven't had anything to "endure" lol

Asuni
Jul 10, 2012, 01:34 PM
I'm not sure if I have it on >_>

Yakatsugi
Jul 10, 2012, 01:36 PM
When your character isn't stationary and moving, does the character become blurry? And when you move the camera does the surrounding become blurry, a bit? If so then it's on.

gravityvx
Jul 10, 2012, 01:56 PM
You only notice motion blur during combat really & a slight blur when rotating your camera. When you're just running around I can't really say I notice a blur.

Yakatsugi
Jul 10, 2012, 01:59 PM
Your character becomes blurred in motion, i.e. as it's moving. Anyways I decided to turn it off. I get better frame rate when it's on but I guess it's just an illusion as having it on makes my laptop hotter and taxes the cpu/gpu more, and I don't like how blurry it all looks.

Metsume
Jul 10, 2012, 02:08 PM
I have blur turned on because it looks cool during gameplay, however, it does tend to show in some screenshots when you don't want it to.

Zyrusticae
Jul 10, 2012, 02:21 PM
Absolutely cannot play without motion blur.

I HATE the overly clear motions without it. Too unnatural. (Granted, the blur is not perfect either, but it's an improvement over nothing.)

eharima
Jul 10, 2012, 03:15 PM
B/T> setting 6

Gama
Jul 10, 2012, 03:19 PM
i like blur but lappie gets hot... so blah...

Chik'Tikka
Jul 10, 2012, 03:27 PM
Blur, had it on for a long while, turned it off yesterday, decided i like it off as everything turns very clear, like real life, not to mention better action pics+^_^+

I'm not sure if I have it on >_>
ブラー is blur in the options menu+^_^+

Zyrusticae
Jul 10, 2012, 03:35 PM
Blur, had it on for a long while, turned it off yesterday, decided i like it off as everything turns very clear, like real life
[spoiler-box]http://gifs.gifbin.com/1238157980_scanners_-_head_explosion.gif[/spoiler-box]

Scarlet_Rain
Jul 10, 2012, 03:38 PM
I think so, from what everyones saying about screenshots.

Chik'Tikka
Jul 10, 2012, 03:47 PM
[spoiler-box]http://gifs.gifbin.com/1238157980_scanners_-_head_explosion.gif[/spoiler-box]

ok.... i meant like watching things like cars and people playing basketball and what not, they're not blurry like when blur is on in PSO2+^_^+

Garnet_Moon
Jul 10, 2012, 04:38 PM
Yes, but only because I'm too lazy to go into the launcher config and turn the settings down from max.

Chik'Tikka
Jul 10, 2012, 04:42 PM
Yes, but only because I'm too lazy to go into the launcher config and turn the settings down from max.

i think blur is on for for 3-5 on the launcher bar, so if you want only blur off, better to turn it off in the user.pso2 file in the documents or finding ブラー in the menu in game+^_^+

Garnet_Moon
Jul 10, 2012, 04:46 PM
i think blur is on for for 3-5 on the launcher bar, so if you want only blur off, better to turn it off in the user.pso2 file in the documents or finding ブラー in the menu in game+^_^+
But... but fixing things that aren't broken or don't need fixing is completely contradictory to the way I live my life...!

Besides, learning where the graphics buttons were the first time I accidentally uninstalled the game. I managed to find them the 2nd time, and tossed them all to high and left it alone.

velociti
Jul 10, 2012, 05:04 PM
zyrusticae, you post that garbage? And I had a conversation with you? Never talking to you again, demented mind person.

Zyrusticae
Jul 10, 2012, 05:38 PM
ok.... i meant like watching things like cars and people playing basketball and what not, they're not blurry like when blur is on in PSO2+^_^+
Well, the effect in PSO2 is exaggerated because it's trying to emulate the "1/24 shutter speed" look of film.

For example:
[spoiler-box]http://farm4.staticflickr.com/3218/3613256291_dc3eae622e_b.jpg
http://forums.steves-digicams.com/attachments/sports-action-photos/16022d1109009107-basketball-photography-blurr-forum.jpg
http://www.juliewaltonshaver.com/images/2010-ymca-basketball-blog-12.jpg
[/spoiler-box]

These are more accurate examples of what our eyes see during fast motion. We can compensate for this by using the motion of our eyes to follow the action, but there is still some blur, especially at the limbs. It's just how our eyes work. The brain does "fill in the blanks", so to speak, which may contribute to the impression that things are clearer than they really are.

Also note that motion blur is more noticeable the greater the object fills your field of view - that is, objects closer to you will more readily exhibit motion blur than objects far away.

Anyways, point is, you can have a preference for less (or no) motion blur, but it's never, ever realistic to have none!

http://againstlineofdance.files.wordpress.com/2012/05/themoreyouknow.jpg

zyrusticae, you post that garbage? And I had a conversation with you? Never talking to you again, demented mind person.
Scanners, garbage?! BLASPHEMY.

This is clearly for the better.

texhnolyze
Jul 10, 2012, 08:35 PM
a big NO.
i deactivated it manually from the .ini file as soon as possible and leave everything else maxed
it's ugly.

sugarFO
Jul 10, 2012, 08:47 PM
No I don't.

Geistritter
Jul 10, 2012, 09:16 PM
The blur is ridiculously annoying. I turned it off as soon as I could.

Rowe
Jul 10, 2012, 09:21 PM
I like the blur on. Like others have said, it makes everything seem action-y. Right now, since I'm playing on a laptop in a hotel room, I have everything turned all the way down and it makes me sad...

I find screenshots with the blur can look awesome, but I generally have to take five or six to get a good one.

soulpimpwizzurd
Jul 10, 2012, 10:17 PM
i don't like blur. it doesn't look that great to me and it takes up a good amount of resources as well.

so i just leave it off, no harm done. they really have to tone down the particle graphics and explosion effects from launchers. my cpu runs fine but whenever a launcher explodes near me i get slow downs and it's annoying, so since i multiparty a lot i've just submitted to going no shaders mode ;-;

Rowe
Jul 10, 2012, 10:21 PM
As someone who primarily uses a launcher, I feel like my new video card was a worthwhile investment. Sometimes, you just want to watch the world burn.

Zari
Jul 10, 2012, 10:37 PM
I love the blur, at first it was awkward since I used to have the graphics low before I updated my graphics driver, but now I can play at higher graphics perfectly and the blur has definitely grown on me. It just seems to add to the "action feeling" to me. Although exaggerated, it is also more realistic than no blur if that is what you are after.

Xaeris
Jul 10, 2012, 10:42 PM
I like the effect in action, but it turns my screenshots to garbage, so no, I do not.

AlMcFly
Jul 10, 2012, 10:43 PM
I never turn blur on. It's a nightmare and headache in most games I've played.