PDA

View Full Version : So I heard you like maintenance....

Enforcer MKV
Jul 10, 2012, 11:40 AM
http://bumped.org/psublog/pso2-71112s-weekly-maintenance-extended/

....so we extended it.

Dan Maku
Jul 10, 2012, 11:43 AM
Does it unlock the ships?

Snitch
Jul 10, 2012, 11:44 AM
Nice time for me :P Im sleeping then. Well I could have 2 more hours of playtime b4 bed. But maint = maint.. in my timezone this is from 22:00 10:00 so no biggie realy. Finaly a game that doesnt put up maints on prime time for EU hehe :)

CelestialBlade
http://images.memegenerator.net/images/195x/1173499.jpg

My face because I get home like fifteen minutes before it starts :(

TRICKST3R
So this is starting in a few hours, then? Uguuu.

Polly
Jul 10, 2012, 11:48 AM
Good time. My eyes need some time to rest. Been staring at this thing way too long. Having a month off work may have been a bad thing with this game around. :\

Yakatsugi
Jul 10, 2012, 12:07 PM
In how many hours from now does it start and how long does it lasts?

Snitch
Jul 10, 2012, 12:10 PM
In how many hours from now does it start and how long does it lasts?

http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/fixedtime.html?msg=PSO2+Japan+7%2F11%2F12+Weekly+M aintenance&iso=20120711T05&p1=248&ah=12

Yakatsugi
Jul 10, 2012, 12:23 PM
In two hours for me, my timezone is PST, and I won't be able to play until the next day... shit lets go grind!!!!!

BIG OLAF
Jul 10, 2012, 12:28 PM
Wait, 4:00 PM Easte-

OH SHIT I BETTER GET ON AND PLAY WHILE I CAN.

Aren't they adding those Summer yukatas to the gacha in this update, or is that later?

NoiseHERO
Jul 10, 2012, 12:32 PM

Aren't they adding those Summer yukatas to the gacha in this update, or is that later?

Good question, it's either this or the next e_e...

Blackheart521
Jul 10, 2012, 12:41 PM

I believe that would not be this update, this update just says:

Various adjustments of the device server
Some bug fixes

So no new content this time around ^^;

Asuni
Jul 10, 2012, 01:38 PM
A 12 hour maintenance? ughhhhhhh

Yakatsugi
Jul 10, 2012, 01:40 PM
Starts in 1 and half hour, i wont be able to play until tomorrow morning fuuuuck i hate maintenances...

BIG OLAF
Jul 10, 2012, 01:42 PM

Some bug fixes

Goddamn it. So another annoying "just maintenance" maintenance. Wish they'd fix their servers up right finally.

Scotty T
Jul 10, 2012, 01:43 PM
So we'll wait while we wait?

iwerkout
Jul 10, 2012, 01:57 PM

Some bug fixes

http://home.earthlink.net/~gsmithhart5/sitebuildercontent/sitebuilderpictures/lumberg_tomorrow.jpg
Sega: "Yeah just workin on some bugs, that's all."
Us: "Kay."
Sega: "Oh yeah, we're going to need about... 12 hours... Yeeeah, 12 hours should be enough."
Us: ...
Sega: "And we'll probably need to do more on Saturday..."
Us: ..!?
Sega: "So, if you could just wait for us patiently, that'd be greeeat... thanks buddy." *walks off*
Us: ...*sigh*

As we all stare at our screens and wait for 12 hours to magically go by...
Welp! TIME FOR SLEEP! :sleep:

xBladeM6x
Jul 10, 2012, 02:07 PM
How many maintenance periods must we have in a single week? :c

Garnet_Moon
Jul 10, 2012, 02:10 PM
How many maintenance periods must we have in a single week? :c
1 for every single wicked user report I send to SEGA. And since you guys LOVE maintenance, I'll start actively looking for Hackers to report!

Ahe~

JeyKama
Jul 10, 2012, 02:30 PM
Geez, this is starting to look like Diablo 3 all over again with the extended downtime, except for this game I'm paying subscription for it! I do hope they recompense the premium users a bit if they keep this up.

As for the summer yukata thing, I have a feeling that's not until August 1th or so, as that's when the Happy Wedding scratch thing ends?

Hayde
Jul 10, 2012, 02:31 PM
1 for every single wicked user report I send to SEGA. And since you guys LOVE maintenance, I'll start actively looking for Hackers to report!

Ahe~

What's your problem? Lately you've been making snide remarks to people who are trying to report cheaters with a pessimist attitude of "oh well Sega won't do anything anyway". Whether that is true or not, it's almost like you want the cheaters to win.

xBladeM6x
Jul 10, 2012, 02:31 PM

Ahe~

You. YOU.

:quickdraw:

ShadowDragon28
Jul 10, 2012, 02:35 PM
is it just coincidence that this 12 hr maintanence is during what would be peak times for non-JP players? I wonder…

Garnet_Moon
Jul 10, 2012, 02:37 PM
What's your problem? Lately you've been making snide remarks to people who are trying to report cheaters with a pessimist attitude of "oh well Sega won't do anything anyway". Whether that is true or not, it's almost like you want the cheaters to win.
It's more like SEGA can't do anything since GameGuard hasn't been updated in... god knows how long.

xBladeM6x
Jul 10, 2012, 02:40 PM
[SPOILER-BOX]http://i.imgur.com/4Chip.png[/SPOILER-BOX]

Metalsnake27
Jul 10, 2012, 02:41 PM
Oh so the server is going down in.. 20 minutes?

Yikes. Guess I won't be playing today D:. Even though it will take forever to download.

Mikura
Jul 10, 2012, 02:44 PM
Son of a bi....and I was just about to log on too. *sigh* You know, I don't even mind the frequency of the maintenance so much as how LONG they are.

彩音~
Jul 10, 2012, 02:51 PM
It's more like SEGA can't do anything since GameGuard hasn't been updated in... god knows how long.

GameGuard and Sega banning cheaters are two completely seperate things. GG being ineffective does not mean Sega won't ban players. I don't think you understand how this whole thing works at all

DyneS
Jul 10, 2012, 02:54 PM
I get off of work in an hour... :(

Garnet_Moon
Jul 10, 2012, 02:58 PM
GameGuard and Sega banning cheaters are two completely seperate things. GG being ineffective does not mean Sega won't ban players. I don't think you understand how this whole thing works at all
Well, right now if he's banned and has his account deleted, we won't see him again due to ship 2 being one of the locked ships. So I guess it sort of works... we'll just pretend he's not just going to come back on an open ship. I mean, if we don't see him, he's not here, right?

Atraeus
Jul 10, 2012, 03:02 PM
[SPOILER-BOX]http://i1030.photobucket.com/albums/y361/vocane/pso20120710_125948_003.jpg[/SPOILER-BOX]

xBladeM6x
Jul 10, 2012, 03:03 PM
[SPOILER-BOX][/http://i1030.photobucket.com/albums/y361/vocane/pso20120710_125948_003.jpg[/SPOILER-BOX]

People up to their 4th floor antics as usual, I see. :wacko:

Jungo Torii
[SPOILER-BOX]http://i1030.photobucket.com/albums/y361/vocane/pso20120710_125948_003.jpg[/SPOILER-BOX]

The fro couldn't stop the maintenance...but it shall rise again!

NoiseHERO

HUHUHAHAHAHAHAHAAAA!!

彩音~
Jul 10, 2012, 03:04 PM
Well, right now if he's banned and has his account deleted, we won't see him again due to ship 2 being one of the locked ships. So I guess it sort of works... we'll just pretend he's not just going to come back on an open ship. I mean, if we don't see him, he's not here, right?

If he shows up again then he'll just get reported again. Get it through your head

Garnet_Moon
Jul 10, 2012, 03:04 PM
Ferria and Sexybitch need to have fros.

Gardios
Jul 10, 2012, 03:05 PM
is it just coincidence that this 12 hr maintanence is during what would be peak times for non-JP players? I wonder…
Definitely has nothing to with it being Japanese off-peak time and people being at work. They just want to annoy the gaijins.

palmtop
12 Hours Maintenance . I Dinged Level 30 and 5 Secīs later the Server are Down.

Of Course we had 2 Boss Spawns right before ...

PERFECT TIMING !!!

What shall i do now ?

Atraeus
Ferria and Sexybitch need to have fros.

They all need fro's!

Garnet_Moon
Jul 10, 2012, 03:07 PM

PERFECT TIMING !!!

What shall i do now ?
Well I'm about to go to CiCi's Pizza, dunno about you. lol

After that I have no idea... but I do plan to enjoy at least 8 plates.

I'll... probably watch TV or actually finish lollipop chainsaw when I get back...

redroses
[spoiler-box]http://i1030.photobucket.com/albums/y361/vocane/pso20120710_125948_003.jpg[/spoiler-box]

Oh god, those symbol chats were so awesome. I really wanted to save the afro cat, but didn't make it anymore lol.

Zorafim
Oh good. I was a quarter of the way in to Phantasy Star 2 anyway. I was wondering when I'd get to finish it. By the sounds of it, I'll have plenty of time!

Ce'Nedra
Jul 10, 2012, 03:08 PM
Stop crying about it being during non jp peak time. They maintance it during a work day for the japnese players so they can play it again when they get back from work. It's better for them then during the night where people play more.

Atraeus
Oh god, those symbol chats were so awesome. I really wanted to save the afro cat, but didn't make it anymore lol.

I have it saved. I can pass it if you want once it's up / tomorrow.

Emery25
I shall go cry myself to sleep now

Jungo Torii
Jul 10, 2012, 03:09 PM
I shall go cry myself to sleep now

It's ok, Zeph. 12 hours isn't a very long time. We can have fronderful times in PSO2 tomorrow.

Gama
If he shows up again then he'll just get reported again. Get it through your head

lol he probably has a couple of backup accounts.

since his first account got deleted he apparently showed up as 0x90 so i guess if he has an extra account, why wont he have more.

don't really think we saw the last of broomop, ship 2 locked or not.

TecherRamen
Stop crying about it being during non jp peak time. They maintance it during a work day for the japnese players so they can play it again when they get back from work. It's better for them then during the night where people play more.

Probably lets the sega employees work normal hours too ;)

xBladeM6x
Jul 10, 2012, 03:12 PM

I agree, but it does suck regardless. Obviously we'll all live, it's just a "let down" for those of us who wanted to play. Like being a little kid and in the middle of playing, the adult comes by and takes it away, and tells you you're going to the supermarket with them.

The feeling you have is - >:-x

malone00TB
Jul 10, 2012, 03:12 PM

PERFECT TIMING !!!

What shall i do now ?

Yeah. I think I was in that party. Haha... >_<

Gardios
Jul 10, 2012, 03:13 PM
I agree, but it does suck regardless. Obviously we'll all live, it's just a "let down" for those of us who wanted to play. Like being a little kid and in the middle of playing, the adult comes by and takes it away, and tells you you're going to the supermarket with them.

But pushing the cart was awesome. :(

Chik'Tikka
Jul 10, 2012, 03:14 PM
Really?? i get home, and i can't play for how long? (3:15 pm cst) +^_^+
Oh well, i been getting rusty on SC5+^_^+

NoiseHERO
Jul 10, 2012, 03:16 PM

Shut up you were about to kill me in Olaf's bathtub! D<

彩音~
Jul 10, 2012, 03:16 PM
He's some 30 year old neckbeard still living in his mom's basement and his greatest achievement in life is the little infamy he's garnered for hacking a game series for 10 years. Maybe if you people stopped giving him the attention he so desperately craves, he wouldn't still be here

Ce'Nedra
Jul 10, 2012, 03:17 PM

I know the feeling but ranting about it won't do anything. The game just a week old, you should expect maintenances like this.

HunterFusion
Jul 10, 2012, 03:18 PM
lmfao talk about bad timing for me to start doing some symbol art. xD

Enforcer MKV
Jul 10, 2012, 03:21 PM
I know the feeling but ranting about it won't do anything. The game just a week old, you should expect maintenances like this.

Well, technically it'll be a week old tomorrow, but hey, splitting hairs.

But yeah, I'm expecting this for about a month, maybe even 2. Better to overshoot than to fall short and be disappointed.

Either way, it sucks. I was busy feeding my mag. I got it to 70!

Coatl
Jul 10, 2012, 03:25 PM
He's some 30 year old neckbeard still living in his mom's basement and his greatest achievement in life is the little infamy he's garnered for hacking a game series for 10 years. Maybe if you people stopped giving him the attention he so desperately craves, he wouldn't still be here

And you came to this conclusion...how?

SwiftNeo
Jul 10, 2012, 03:25 PM
well looks like my PS3 will finally get some playtime ...

xBladeM6x
Jul 10, 2012, 03:26 PM
But pushing the cart was awesome. :(
You have a point. Hmm, then it's more like being a little kid, and being told you're going to a 3 hour long Church service. :-(

Shut up you were about to kill me in Olaf's bathtub! D<
Yes, and with all that seasoning, you would have been delicious. :D

I agree with ranting being overboard. That's a bit childish. Like I said though, it's just like "Awww, but I wanted to keep playinggggg~~" :P

CelestialBlade
Jul 10, 2012, 03:26 PM
Wait, you mean I have other games and housecleaning? It's only during maintenance that I remember such things...

彩音~
Jul 10, 2012, 03:27 PM

A single google search

Enforcer MKV
Jul 10, 2012, 03:28 PM

Well, the psychology behind it isn't very complex. If people give you attention for doing something, many people fall into the mindset of "oh, this makes me popular, I should do this more."

Most people 'want' to be noticed. Of course, ignoring him could backfire and instead of stopping he goes "Oh, you're ignoring me? Well I'll do even MORE until you notice me!" and makes life more miserable for everyone.

*shrugs*

heylookapanda
Jul 10, 2012, 03:32 PM
And today is my day off, go figure :< Haven't had any time to play the last few days and when I finally do... BOOM Maintenance. I swear I have the worse luck. Woke up later than I wanted to and everything today. Oh well, guess I'll snuggle the sugar gliders I am babysitting and my ratties :D

SwiftNeo
Jul 10, 2012, 03:39 PM
Well, the psychology behind it isn't very complex. If people give you attention for doing something, maybe people fall into the mindset of "oh, this makes me popular, I should do this more."

Most people 'want' to be noticed. Of course, ignoring him could backfire and instead of stopping he goes "Oh, you're ignoring me? Well I'll do even MORE until you notice me!" and makes life more miserable for everyone.

*shrugs*

Seems Legit

DemonMike
Jul 10, 2012, 03:39 PM
Aww, went out with some friends and came in hoping to get a few hours of play time before maintenance kicked in. Ah well, early days of the official release so it's to be expected.

TRICKST3R
Jul 10, 2012, 03:46 PM
I finally have the motivation to get my ass off of the computer and go for a run.
There's a convention in three weeks. Sitting here for days on end hasn't been good for me, as far as my body is concerned.

CharAznable
Jul 10, 2012, 03:53 PM
*sadface

DreXxiN
Jul 10, 2012, 03:55 PM
Woot, glad they are taking down the game as long as necessary to get this first month as polished as possible. You have my backing, SoJ. :)

ZcRaider
http://home.earthlink.net/~gsmithhart5/sitebuildercontent/sitebuilderpictures/lumberg_tomorrow.jpg
Sega: "Yeah just workin on some bugs, that's all."
Us: "Kay."
Sega: "Oh yeah, we're going to need about... 12 hours... Yeeeah, 12 hours should be enough."
Us: ...
Sega: "And we'll probably need to do more on Saturday..."
Us: ..!?
Sega: "So, if you could just wait for us patiently, that'd be greeeat... thanks buddy." *walks off*
Us: ...*sigh*

As we all stare at our screens and wait for 12 hours to magically go by...
Welp! TIME FOR SLEEP! :sleep:

Gold......

Sheer.....Awesomeness!

You made me smile buddy! :D

Ce'Nedra
I agree with ranting being overboard. That's a bit childish. Like I said though, it's just like "Awww, but I wanted to keep playinggggg~~" :P

I know you rfeeling, i was having one hell of a MPA run in Tundra, though no PSE we got 4 Ragne's and like 3 of these snow panther bosses and a mammoth.

Wolfgrey666
Jul 10, 2012, 03:59 PM
Lol one day they might fix their servers.Here is to hoping that the lock is let up after this 12 hour deal.

Seriously just make it so we can jump ships for free, it would solve your dam problems right off SEGA.Bloody imbeciles.

Vylera
Jul 10, 2012, 04:02 PM
"Scratches head."

Servers have been completely lag free for me since a few maintanences prior to full release.

Not sure what server problems people are complaining about.

HunterFusion
Jul 10, 2012, 04:02 PM
you know with all these maintenance going on, I must do my usual creative symbol art for this. well... after that 12 hour maintenance of course...

Gama
Jul 10, 2012, 04:03 PM
wouldnt free ship shifting affect each ship's economy? i still think it would b good to be able to.

Zero_Virus_X
Jul 10, 2012, 04:03 PM
I know you rfeeling, i was having one hell of a MPA run in Tundra, though no PSE we got 4 Ragne's and like 3 of these snow panther bosses and a mammoth.

We had to rev you so many times =P were you lagging?

You should probably update ur siggy too

TecherRamen
Jul 10, 2012, 04:05 PM
I finally have the motivation to get my ass off of the computer and go for a run.
There's a convention in three weeks. Sitting here for days on end hasn't been good for me, as far as my body is concerned.

Likewise. Not even sure if I remember how to get to my gym anymore..

Satroms
Jul 10, 2012, 04:14 PM
What to do now?.... :(

Ce'Nedra
Jul 10, 2012, 04:17 PM
We had to rev you so many times =P were you lagging?

You should probably update ur siggy too

Well not really lag but these red beams ragne spams deal over 500 HP and my HP is between 450-500 somewhere so he 1hitko's me every damn time and since alot of small mobs were in the way....

Speaking of sigs, why don't you put your chars in yours so I know who you are? :P

Scarlet_Rain
Jul 10, 2012, 04:19 PM
http://images.memegenerator.net/images/195x/1173499.jpg

My face because I get home like fifteen minutes before it starts :(

YO DAWG, I HEARD YOU LIKE..

Typestatic
Jul 10, 2012, 04:23 PM
you know with all these maintenance going on, I must do my usual creative symbol art for this. well... after that 12 hour maintenance of course...

ditto. I wouldn't mind an external program for symbol art import/exports w

Caydence
Jul 10, 2012, 04:29 PM
Been at work all day thinking about this game. Disappointed -___-

Somnia
Jul 10, 2012, 04:40 PM
I can always count on PSO2 maintenance to provide me with plenty of study time throughout the week.

sugarFO
Jul 10, 2012, 04:41 PM
I can always count on PSO2 maintenance to provide me with plenty of study time throughout the week.

Same. It is good because I need to study for a quiz tomorrow! Lol.

Wolfgrey666
Jul 10, 2012, 04:45 PM
wouldnt free ship shifting affect each ship's economy? i still think it would b good to be able to.

Yup and they could even link the AH to all ships making it a economy based off all of pso2.

With free ship jumping the populations will even out between ships thanks to multiparties and the need to be in a decent population block while not too full.

Characters are already on servers, by simply taking the characters and them having their own server storage, they can jump ship at will.

Currently they are causing problems for paying customers and free, non-japanese and japanese, so on and so forth. Not the brightest setup they could do and it is biting them in the ass.

Let me put it this way.If a game is free and you have to start all over again just to play with your friends and you had taken your time leveling rather than being a grinder then find out you had to start over AGAIN to have more friends join you, would you? And would the average person wait 2 weeks or so just so they can join you on that server? The answer is most generally NO.

Gama
Jul 10, 2012, 04:51 PM
ditto. I wouldn't mind an external program for symbol art import/exports w

this, with a better interface.... pso2's symbol art is cool but for example i wish i could zoom it more then 200% for smaller details.

too used to the freedom Photoshop offers...

btw the client is updating again

HFlowen
Jul 10, 2012, 04:55 PM
Yup and they could even link the AH

AH. Auction house? I HAVE to ask, why do people keep calling the player shops this? Is it some universal term?

Dan Maku
Jul 10, 2012, 04:57 PM
AH. Auction house? I HAVE to ask, why do people keep calling the player shops this? Is it some universal term?

Folks still have Diablo III on the brain. :P

Satroms
Jul 10, 2012, 05:00 PM
Just a few more hours left :3

Somnia
Jul 10, 2012, 05:01 PM
Just a few more hours left :3

A few more hours.. as in ten of them..?

Vylera
Jul 10, 2012, 05:01 PM

Because "MyShop" is a new term that doesn't really click yet.

Everyone knows what a Market/Auction House/Auction Hall is.

It's like how no one knows what an mp3 player is anymore. Only iPod.

xBladeM6x
Jul 10, 2012, 05:03 PM

Pretty much this. When you have millions of people using something as "iconic" as Auction House, it kind of transcends games. I know I sometimes make that mistake saying it from my time playing Diablo III.

Satroms
Jul 10, 2012, 05:03 PM
A few more hours.. as in ten of them..?

Possibly.... :(

Wolfgrey666
Jul 10, 2012, 05:06 PM

Mainly because the way you access it from the visiphone is exactly like an auction house rather than a player shop.

Chik'Tikka
Jul 10, 2012, 05:07 PM
Because "MyShop" is a new term that doesn't really click yet.

Everyone knows what a Market/Auction House/Auction Hall is.

It's like how no one knows what an mp3 player is anymore. Only iPod.

i didn't know what auction house was, (never played Diablo, never will) and all the MMOs i played everyone said player shops or NPC shops+^_^+ maybe occasionally I'd here "player venders" but never AH until i started PSO2 and heard it on these forums+^_^+ (1st thought was that was the moonrune translation back in CBT days, then i discovered English patch)+^_^+

Zorafim
Jul 10, 2012, 05:08 PM
What would you guys rather hear?

"I'm gonna sell this on the AH"

"I'm going to sell this on the PS"

Player Shop? Playstation? Phantasy Star? AH kind of makes sense in that regard.
But, it's kind of not an auction. It's a shop. We could compromise and call it a Shop House (SH).

Whitney9890
Jul 10, 2012, 05:13 PM
:3 The one time I can play theres a maint. Lucky me! Oh well...Time to go prepare to be in the CBGB movie~

Coatl
Jul 10, 2012, 05:17 PM
I get my MMO terminologies switched up all the time.
Like forgetting that you are not casting spells, but techs. And that you don't have Mana, but PP.

So please, excuse us when we use the term Auction House. We'll need time to adjust. :3

Wolfgrey666
Jul 10, 2012, 05:18 PM
Cept if you check them from the visiphone it is EXACTLY LIKE EVERY OTHER AH IN ALMOST EVERY GAME OUT THERE. Sorry for putting it into caps but i don't get why people aren't seeing this.This was directed at everyone.

Regardless of what it is called now, it is a AH, deal with it.

Satroms
Jul 10, 2012, 05:18 PM
Forgot I lived in Sweden so I will just go away to sleep and then randomly wake up to play some pso2 10 hours later :D sleep tight folks!

Coatl
Jul 10, 2012, 05:20 PM
Cept if you check them from the visiphone it is EXACTLY LIKE EVERY OTHER AH IN ALMOST EVERY GAME OUT THERE. Sorry for putting it into caps but i don't get why people aren't seeing this.This was directed at everyone.

Except you can't auction items in the Player Shop.
You just put them up at whatever price you feel it is worth and that is how much the buyer must pay fori t.

Auction: sale by bidding: a sale of goods or property at which intending buyers bid against one another for individual items, each of which is sold to the bidder offering the

SO.....
It's not an Auction House.

BogusKun
Jul 10, 2012, 05:21 PM

Later after the 27th in Japan.
Anyways, SEGA is looking to block people from being set outside. Some Japanese players also made mention of it I heard so it got looked at.

gigawuts
Jul 10, 2012, 05:21 PM
Nothing like waking up an hour into a 12 hour maintenance.

Wolfgrey666
Jul 10, 2012, 05:22 PM
Except you can't auction for items in the Player Shop.
You just buy them at whatever price the seller put them for.

SO.....
It's not an Auction House.

And funny enough most AH in games act that way anyway these days.Quite a few dont have a bidding option for them.

So the term still sticks.

Player Market honestly would make a lot more sense.

Garnet_Moon
Jul 10, 2012, 05:23 PM

Actually, in other games you can set a start price and a buyout price, not simply a buyout price. Some games even let you send an official haggling message to the owner.

MyShop is more like a Better Homes and Gardens, mixed with the Fall Fashion Catalog and with plenty of Gander Mountain Gun Catalog...

Wolfgrey666
Jul 10, 2012, 05:23 PM
Actually, in other games you can set a start price and a buyout price, not simply a buyout price. Some games even let you send an official haggling message to the owner.

MyShop is more like a Better Homes and Gardens, mixed with the Fall Fashion Catalog and with plenty of Gander Mountain Gun Catalog...

I got you at the first part and raised an eyebrow at the second.

Zeo_Forsaken
Jul 10, 2012, 05:27 PM
Nothing like waking up an hour into a 12 hour maintenance.

I hear that.

Also, I think premium members should be reimbursed AC for every 12 hour period we're unable to play.

I just hate to see good Yen go to waste.

Scarlet_Rain
Jul 10, 2012, 05:39 PM

ewww. quite possibly the worst AH ever. Actually think I'll take this downtime to sell all my gear on RMAH :D

HFlowen
Jul 10, 2012, 05:48 PM
I'm happy I caused a couple pages of arguing with a simple question.

Enforcer MKV
Jul 10, 2012, 05:48 PM

Because PSOw.

Wolfgrey666
Jul 10, 2012, 05:55 PM

It wasn't arguing, it was a simply friendly debate XD

Coatl
Jul 10, 2012, 06:04 PM
I hear that.

Also, I think premium members should be reimbursed AC for every 12 hour period we're unable to play.

I just hate to see good Yen go to waste.

I've seen a few MMOs do this for their playerbase, one that I could say particularly was Spiral Knights, which had their own "Premium" status.

Seeing as how PSO2 has had more maintainances than any other MMO I've seen, (also the longest) in its infant life, a reimbursment would definitely be a smart move.

gigawuts
Jul 10, 2012, 06:11 PM
Oh, believe me, I've played MMO's with week long unexpected downtimes after patches - with passive skill training that may have ended during the downtime. What a trainwreck.

This is a cake walk for me.

cheapgunner
Jul 10, 2012, 06:46 PM
This maintinence is fine. I won't cry. :(

Mag-X
Jul 10, 2012, 06:56 PM
Wonderful. My one IRL friend who knows about Phantasy Star has so far refused to play. Today he suddenly really really wants to play.

Nope. Maintenance.

I'm going to start calling Phantasy Star Online 2 "Phantasy Maintenance Offline 2."

I'm really glad I haven't bought premium yet seeings as how I hardly get to play.

Cypher_9
Jul 10, 2012, 07:01 PM

Like learning the hiragana and katakana for meeeee! :D

HAIII Somniaaa *rapid wave*

Lumpen Thingy
Jul 10, 2012, 07:10 PM
People up to their 4th floor antics as usual, I see. :wacko:
HAHAHAHA that's exactly what I said to them.

FOnewearl-Lina
Jul 10, 2012, 07:10 PM
Yes I like maintenance, but I looove Post-Maintenance-Critical-Bugs and Server Rollbacks!

I miss the good old days when PSU maintenance would finish, and the servers would go up for a full 15 mins before ST took them back down again because they realized their patch introduced critical errors or they forgot to actually apply the patch.

heylookapanda
Jul 10, 2012, 07:15 PM
Wonderful. My one IRL friend who knows about Phantasy Star has so far refused to play. Today he suddenly really really wants to play.

Nope. Maintenance.

I'm going to start calling Phantasy Star Online 2 "Phantasy Maintenance Offline 2."

I'm really glad I haven't bought premium yet seeings as how I hardly get to play.

Same, I bought some AC to reset my skill trees and buy 2 extra, but didn't get premium. I'll probably do it on the 17th to get the bonus stuff they are offering if you do it by the 18th. Think you need to purchase the 2k premium one. Hopefully Maintenance isn't as bad then.

EJ
Jul 10, 2012, 07:15 PM
These are really long and very frequent maintenance, this may be a sign of Sega taking PSO2 serious and wanted it to be perfect but at the same time why so long, it really shouldn't take that long to update patches and run a server diagnostic unless there still more space problem with the ships and they are trying to resolve that as well in the background.

EvilMag
Jul 10, 2012, 07:22 PM
How come the Open Beta didn't last long? If Sega keeps taking down the servers to fix these bugs, then the beta should of lasted a lot longer.

MelancholyWitch
Jul 10, 2012, 07:24 PM
this is annoying glad I used my AC on a Mag I can't even feed... and surely they wont fix bugs such as moons not working in tundra, and those jump pads being randomly bugged, etc. They had last maintenance to do it hopefully it's done in this one...

Thermalwolf
Jul 10, 2012, 07:24 PM
How come the Open Beta didn't last long? If Sega keeps taking down the servers to fix these bugs, then the beta should of lasted a lot longer.

I have to agree, if they still have to be doing extended maintenance then why is the game even released.................... :-x

Chik'Tikka
Jul 10, 2012, 07:28 PM

i remember saying this somewhere.... +^_^+ anyway, i figure they have the AC payment server up and running and they want money nao, figuring they can fix things on the fly while all of you hand them $$$ rather then pay employees and get no return in a beta+^_^+

IT guy: "it's not ready!! we need moar testing!!"

Corporate pig: "we been letting you make good game, deadlines here!!"

IT guy: "but but... bu"

Corporate pig: "I wants money NAO!!! Get the pay thingy to work and make me $$$ or you get to see an imprint of Italy on your a$$!!"

IT guy: "ok.... yes sir!!" *decides to put blame of future problems on baka gaijins*

Enforcer MKV
Jul 10, 2012, 07:30 PM
I have to agree, if they still have to be doing extended maintenance then why is the game even released.................... :-x

Sega restructured, they probably wanted to (try to) strike a balance between speed and quality. I'm not saying I agree with it, I'm only suggesting the possible reasoning.

Besides, most, if not all Online game releases have issues for the first month or so - it's a consequence of the game hitting release and being flooded with people.

FOnewearl-Lina
Jul 10, 2012, 07:31 PM
So they could sell Arks Cash, obviously.
MMOs are constantly in a state of Beta anyway, either that or they're dead.

EvilMag
Jul 10, 2012, 07:33 PM
Then sell it during the beta if they want money. Not that hard.

Wolfgrey666
Jul 10, 2012, 07:36 PM
Then sell it during the beta if they want money. Not that hard.

Silly.It is Open Beta now.You were just in the pre-open beta.Release time IS Open Beta.

EvilMag
Jul 10, 2012, 07:38 PM
So the Pre Open beta is the Pre Pre Open Beta.

Oh boy its FFXIV all over again.

CelestialBlade
Jul 10, 2012, 07:41 PM
Welcome to every MMO ever.

If WoW had to launch against itself in today's MMO culture, even it would fail horribly. Every game has launch issues, and honestly PSO2's aren't that bad.

FOnewearl-Lina
Jul 10, 2012, 07:44 PM
So the Pre Open beta is the Pre Pre Open Beta.

Oh boy its FFXIV all over again.

Except it doesn't take 10 seconds every time you select an option from the user menu, and doesn't have to confirm 20 times with the server everytime you move an item into storage, enemies don't suddenly run away from aggro and get 100% HP back either.

FFXIV's Policy of discouraging RMT activity by making the game a miserably unplayable piece of sh*t worked wonders!

Oniyoru
Jul 10, 2012, 07:54 PM
Somehow I feel like playing on Beta yet....

ScottyMango
Jul 10, 2012, 08:05 PM
Curse Sega for trying to make this game, that everyone is enjoying the heck out of, even better.

How dare they take it down for a few hours, rather than let it sit fester while problems become worse and worse until the game becomes unplayable.

Dammit :c they're so awful.

Emery25
Jul 10, 2012, 08:08 PM
They must not get any sleep starting maintenance at 5am

Enforcer MKV
Jul 10, 2012, 08:10 PM

Gotta love the Japanese dedication to it's userbase. Here's hoping SoA's commitment is stronger than it was for PSU.

Dan Maku
Jul 10, 2012, 08:48 PM
There's a tweet on PSO2's twitter. I think maintenance has been extended.

fml

gigawuts
Jul 10, 2012, 08:49 PM
yeah man not being able to play a video game seriously fml hardcore this is the worst thing that can happen to anyone

oifjustus
Jul 10, 2012, 08:51 PM
-.- way to many maint's..

Squall179
Jul 10, 2012, 08:53 PM
was this announced earlier today or just now? We already were told that this was an extended session, thus their beginning earlier, however...well

I'm not going to complain. I'm just glad to see maintenance being done at all. Got tired of playing games where the company leaves it to sit and rot as problems arise and get worse from lack of dealing with them. If It means I don't get to play for a few hours every other day or couple days, fine, it JUST Came out roughly a week ago people....

Jungo Torii
Jul 10, 2012, 09:01 PM
I don't think an extended maintenance would matter much to U.S. players at this point since it'd be extended into the early/late morning for us...which definitely isn't when the majority play.

Of course, I know there's a sizable number not from the U.S. here though, so...I feel for ya.

Zero_Virus_X
Jul 10, 2012, 09:08 PM

Because moneh, but agreed shortest open beta ever.

Xaeris
Jul 10, 2012, 09:10 PM
I'm not sure which I find more annoying: the maintenance or the people leaping on the opportunity to be sanctimonious about the people expressing frustration with it.

Just kidding. I know exactly which is more annoying.

Geistritter
Jul 10, 2012, 09:11 PM
Just kidding. I know exactly which is more annoying.

The guy complaining in a condescending manner about the people complaining, of course!

Rowe
Jul 10, 2012, 09:13 PM
I'm actually away from home for week on a work-trip to a national botany conference. I have a lot of time where I'm going-going-going-going-going, and then after that I have hours where I'm just sitting around in a hotel room waiting for the next day to happen. Guess which set of hours the maintenance usually occurs during. :-?

gigawuts
Jul 10, 2012, 09:13 PM
If you want to irritate someone with very real life-impeding problems to no end you will whine about a very first world problem and follow it up with FML.

Oh no, one of my many video games is offline for half of a day, this is definitely something to say fuck my life over.

ZcRaider
Jul 10, 2012, 09:14 PM
Briefly touched on this subject in my post. But im starting to have doubts as to the future of this game... The fact that open beta didnt last long, and that there pushing for these long maintence periods shows lack of planning and forward leaning business tactics. Both of which can cause major problems with the games acceptence to the fans if Sega's gamble follows the path that we all know too well.

http://www.pso-world.com/forums/showthread.php?t=197918

mhjc
was this announced earlier today or just now? We already were told that this was an extended session, thus their beginning earlier, however...well

I'm not going to complain. I'm just glad to see maintenance being done at all. Got tired of playing games where the company leaves it to sit and rot as problems arise and get worse from lack of dealing with them. If It means I don't get to play for a few hours every other day or couple days, fine, it JUST Came out roughly a week ago people....

They announced it about 8 hours in advance. They don't constantly mention it like some other games do. Most games (in my experience) would give hourly reminders that servers will be going down, but I guess Sega doesn't do that for whatever reason.
They only mention maintenance will kick in x hours later, and then they'll have a 15 minute and 1 minute warning after that.

Xaeris
The guy complaining in a condescending manner about the people complaining, of course!

Oh, you find this obnoxious do you? You're right, it is annoying. I should stop.

Squall179
Jul 10, 2012, 09:16 PM
If you want to irritate someone with very real life-impeding problems to no end you will whine about a very first world problem and follow it up with FML.

Oh no, one of my many video games is offline for half of a day, this is definitely something to say fuck my life over.

to be blunt. Agreed. THis is a game people. GO do something else while it is offline.

I myself am catching up on commission work, since doing art for other people is how I get paid.

Ok, thanks mhjc.

IzzyData
Jul 10, 2012, 09:19 PM
Briefly touched on this subject in my post. But im starting to have doubts as to the future of this game... The fact that open beta didnt last long, and that there pushing for these long maintence periods shows lack of planning and forward leaning business tactics. Both of which can cause major problems with the games acceptence to the fans if Sega's gamble follows the path that we all know too well.

http://www.pso-world.com/forums/showthread.php?t=197918

Doubt the future of this game? The game is so popular that they are filling up all their servers and had to take the game down to solve this problem.

Geistritter
Jul 10, 2012, 09:19 PM
Oh, you find this obnoxious do you? You're right, it is annoying. I should stop.

Not really; I was just giving you grief. Probably wouldn't hurt to stop regardless, though; isn't any more productive than what they're doing.

Though to be fair, neither is this. Layers within layers.

Xaeris
Jul 10, 2012, 09:21 PM

The problem with this line of thinking is that, if your life is in a place where you can access the Internet, you're basically not allowed to complain about anything. Ever. There's always someone that has it worse than we do. That doesn't offer anyone who doesn't have an absolutely hideous personality much consolation. Now, should they go whining about these problems to anyone who'll listen? Hell no, perspective.

But you know, I'm okay with people complaining about their video game related problems on a video game related website.

Squall179
Jul 10, 2012, 09:21 PM
How about I buy yo utwo Monomates at the local item shop when the servers come back up? My treat eh?

A peace offering among the warring factions.

ScottyMango
Jul 10, 2012, 09:22 PM
Sigh. Guys, the game just came out and they're doing maintenance to make sure everything goes smooth. This is the case with pretty much every game ever nowadays.

It is by no means a sign that the game is somehow headed for a dark future. If anything, it's the opposite.

Mike
Jul 10, 2012, 09:26 PM
There's a tweet on PSO2's twitter. I think maintenance has been extended.
That's just a reminder that maintenance is going on.

KurotenZer0
Jul 10, 2012, 09:29 PM
Sigh. Guys, the game just came out and they're doing maintenance to make sure everything goes smooth. This is the case with pretty much every game ever nowadays.

It is by no means a sign that the game is somehow headed for a dark future. If anything, it's the opposite.

^ This
I'm also new to the posting thing here but I'm noticing a lot of passive aggressiveness going on here...
I thought we were the one MMO community united in brotherly love?

KrankItVZ
Jul 10, 2012, 09:30 PM
I used to think MapleStory's 4 hour maintenance was long... Damn I woke up early to play :S
Wasn't planning on going out today but now I'm forced to do so :(

gigawuts
Jul 10, 2012, 09:32 PM
The problem with this line of thinking is that, if your life is in a place where you can access the Internet, you're basically not allowed to complain about anything. Ever. There's always someone that has it worse than we do. That doesn't offer anyone who isn't absolutely hideous on the inside much consolation. Now, should they go whining about these problems to anyone who'll listen? Hell no, perspective.

But you know, I'm okay with people complaining about their video game related problems on a video game related website.

rofl

You do have the right mindset - that someone always has it harder - but there's a point everyone has that they think it's just silly to complain. For me that point is one video game being offline, and FML is a term I find particularly irksome.

One thing I like about this forum is that hostility and big arguments are not frequent, so I am not getting into that here. I'm just going to diffuse this right here, I won't be bringing the topic down with a long overdrawn discussion about that.

If you'd like to actually talk about it then PM away. Really.

Since I don't expect you to I would request, however, that you retain enough perspective that you never tell someone that by merely having an internet connection they're not allowed to complain about anything. That paints you as a particularly ignorant and inexperienced person.

edit: In re-reading that last bit it looks like more of an attack than I intended it to, and yes I am aware that you did not emphatically state that as your own view.

Enforcer MKV
Jul 10, 2012, 09:34 PM

With all due respect, part of the reason I made this thread was for people to get their frustrations out. It's inconvenient for people who had planed to play based on the previous maintenance schedule. I decided to inform people of this when I saw it, and decided that if they wanted to vent their frustrations, they could. If all you're going to do is target these people and give them grief, then kindly refrain from posting in this thread.

Thank you.

BIG OLAF
Jul 10, 2012, 09:35 PM
One thing I like about this forum is that hostility and big arguments are not frequent, so I am not getting into that here..

This is true, and it's one thing I enjoy about this community. Of course, there are a few bad eggs (a couple of which have just arisen within the past however many days, actually), but hey, every forum has their assholes.

Enforcer MKV
Jul 10, 2012, 09:36 PM
This is true, and it's one thing I enjoy about this community. Of course, there are a few bad eggs (a couple of which have just arisen within the past however many days, actually), but hey, every forum has their assholes.

The nature of any community, really.

gigawuts
Jul 10, 2012, 09:38 PM
With all due respect, part of the reason I made this thread was for people to get their frustrations out. It's inconvenient for people who had planed to play based on the previous maintenance schedule. I decided to inform people of this when I saw it, and decided that if they wanted to vent their frustrations, they could. If all you're going to do is target these people and give them grief, then kindly refrain from posting in this thread.

Thank you.

That's fair. I've had a particularly rough couple of days, and my trigger is hair-ier than it usually is. Apologies if I've stirred something up.

edit: I'll even go back and edit the posts if you want, I'm not out to create any unnecessary strife.

Enforcer MKV
Jul 10, 2012, 09:40 PM
That's fair. I've had a particularly rough couple of days, and my trigger is hair-ier than it usually is. Apologies if I've stirred something up.

It's fine, everyone has their bad days. Just figured I'd be civil about it. Hope you feel better soon.

EDIT: You don't have to take the time to do that, if you're in a bad mood. You've already apologized, it's all good in my book.

Hucast-Kireek
Jul 10, 2012, 09:40 PM
Error [No.632]

So..we still on maintenance? how much longer till it opens again?

Enforcer MKV
Jul 10, 2012, 09:41 PM
Error [No.632]

So..we still on maintenance? how much longer till it opens again?

IIRC, 4am EST

Xaeris
Jul 10, 2012, 09:44 PM
Step 1: State your intent to diffuse the conversation in the interest of avoiding hostility.
Step 2: Goad them into letting you have, effectively, the last word.
Step 3: Make that last word a Parthian Shot where you call the person you're talking to ignorant and inexperienced.

Genius.

PS: The logic you're attributing to an ignorant and inexperienced is your own. You think about that.

Hucast-Kireek
IIRC, 4am EST

So like in 5 hours? darn it.

gigawuts
It's fine, everyone has their bad days. Just figured I'd be civil about it. Hope you feel better soon.

EDIT: You don't have to take the time to do that, if you're in a bad mood. You've already apologized, it's all good in my book.

Thank you :) I hope the uh...servers come back up soon. That should make everyone feel better overall.

edit:
Step 1: State your intent to diffuse the conversation in the interest of avoiding hostility.
Step 2: Goad them into letting you have, effectively, the last word.
Step 3: Make that last word a Parthian Shot where you call the person you're talking to ignorant and inexperienced.

Genius.

PS: The logic you're attributing to an ignorant and inexperienced is your own. You think about that.

I've done the whole hostile community thing, and am well past the point where I find it at all entertaining or rewarding. I admit I could have just not replied, and in better spirits I probably wouldn't have. If I was looking to get into an argument I wouldn't have backed out of it so quickly. I know exactly how ten page internet arguments go, and really don't care to have anymore of them.

Really. Sorry about the fuss. And no, I wasn't intending to calling you ignorant and inexperienced, I was calling that stance ignorant and inexperienced. Which it is. If I was looking to be insulting I'd have used an excess of profanity.

Vylera
Jul 10, 2012, 09:48 PM
Thank you :) I hope the uh...servers come back up soon. That should make everyone feel better overall.

It would make me feel better.

I hauled desert missions to afford a wedding dress, then passed out after I equiped it. When I woke up, my good friend Mr. 630 was on my screen and I was :(

ScottyMango
Jul 10, 2012, 09:51 PM
then passed out after I equiped it.(

This is one of the biggest reasons the blocks/servers are too full half the time. People really need to learn to log out. There's no benefit from leaving the game running while you sleep.

Enforcer MKV
Jul 10, 2012, 09:53 PM

You're Welcome. And yes, that definitely would help, I think.

Vylera
Jul 10, 2012, 09:54 PM
This is one of the biggest reasons the blocks/servers are too full half the time. People really need to learn to log out. There's no benefit from leaving the game running while you sleep.

Correct, now the problem is whether or not I remember to log out before I crash for a nap.

Though at 5 AM Japan time in block 43, I highly doubt the block was too full with all of me and 3 AFK Japanese-IGN people.

Rowe
Jul 10, 2012, 09:54 PM
There's no benefit from leaving the game running while you sleep.

Unless you have a huge stockpile of MAG-food and you wake up every hour or so to stuff your MAG full of disks and launchers, but I'm sure none of us do that, right? Right? ^^;

DTwO
Jul 10, 2012, 09:57 PM
Know what I do during a maintenance?

I got to this blog:

http://prettycolors.tumblr.com/

Click my mouse wheel, and drag all the way down to the bottom so there's an endless seizure causing flash of colors.

Then I pretend I'm having a PSE burst until my mouth starts foaming and my eyes stop working.

^ Made me LOL!

Shakuri
I thought we were the one MMO community united in brotherly love?

They're just being tsuntsun right now.

ZcRaider
Doubt the future of this game? The game is so popular that they are filling up all their servers and had to take the game down to solve this problem.

Yes....PSO2 is Popular with its unique fan base. But how much of this populous is being segragated by localization? Most of the players are indeed Japanese.

I fear...that when it does come to a Global release, Everyone non-japanese will get lackluster treatment in comparison and it will be PSU all over again.

Now, there are some very very loyal fans of the series. My self included. But again, how many people are gonna want to pay money to have a room? Or to host a player shop? How many people are gonna want to be a year behind in content? And how many people actually have a computer powerful enough to run this game the way it was ment to be played? With this being a mainly PC port, a huge amount of customers have been cut off from the game they love. PSO first came out on DREAMCAST...a console. And if i remember correctly it was released everywhere. I remember PSO being HUGLY successful. Gee... i wonder why?

Dont get me wrong, im a computer tech and my pc is monster so im good. But that is not the majorty.

And so far I see the same bad business practices that Doomed the Dreamcast, Doomed Shenmue, and slowly killed PSU.

That is what i meant by the Future of this game no looking to good in my opinion. The primary player base of this game is Japanese because its Japanese-only port. But this game has Global notice. But im starting to wonder. Sega seems to keep making bad financial decisions...one after another.

And consider the Free Too play aspect. As it is now, you can play this game almost to the full without spending money. But then people are gonna want a room, and they gonna want to sell there rare weapons worth millions of meseta. And then people will get tired of having to pay, and the value of this game will diminish. I'm already starting to see posts of people saying the game is getting boring for them. Now me on the other hand, i will never get tired of PSO2. Heck i still play on the Scthack PSOBB servers, and i know Crono very well.

So if things really get bad financially for Sega, they will scrap this game and we will all be like...wtf happened to PSO2. I just hope im wrong this time around.

Enforcer MKV
Jul 10, 2012, 09:58 PM

Okay, that gave me a good laugh.

gigawuts
Jul 10, 2012, 10:00 PM

I had to look that up.

Yeah, I could run with that.

Vylera
Jul 10, 2012, 10:02 PM
Yes....PSO2 is Popular with its unique fan base. But how much of this populous is being segragated by localization? Most of the players are indeed Japanese.

I fear...that when it does come to a Global release, Everyone non-japanese will get lackluster treatment in comparison and it will be PSU all over again.

Now, there are some very very loyal fans of the series. My self included. But again, how many people are gonna want to pay money to have a room? Or to host a player shop? How many people are gonna want to be a year behind in content? And how many people actually have a computer powerful enough to run this game the way it was ment to be played? With this being a mainly PC port, a huge amount of customers have been cut off from the game they love. PSO first came out on DREAMCAST...a console. And if i remember correctly it was released everywhere. I remember PSO being HUGLY successful. Gee... i wonder why?

Dont get me wrong, im a computer tech and my pc is monster so im good. But that is not the majorty.

And so far I see the same bad business practices that Doomed the Dreamcast, Doomed Shenmue, and slowly killed PSU.

That is what i meant by the Future of this game no looking to good in my opinion. The primary player base of this game is Japanese because its Japanese-only port. Its a wonder why they havnt IP banned all the english players off the server. But i dont think Sega is that stupid. But im starting to wonder.

And consider the Free Too play aspect. As it is now, you can play this game almost to the full without spending money. But then people are gonna want a room, and they gonna want to sell there rare weapons worth millions of meseta. And then people will get tired of having to pay, and the value of this game will diminish. Im already starting to see post of people saying the game is getting boring. I still love it myself...but im hardcore.

Then sega will scrap it, and make a new game...just like what they did to PSO original.

All games are temporary sources of entertainment. They have limits and restrictions, just like everything else that's man-made.

So instead of questioning whether or not the game will have a future, how about questioning how you'll make the most of it in the present?

Somnia
Jul 10, 2012, 10:06 PM
Like learning the hiragana and katakana for meeeee! :D

HAIII Somniaaa *rapid wave*

Good evening!

Sorry I couldn't stay for long today, but lets have some more runs tomorrow! :D

iwerkout
Jul 10, 2012, 10:07 PM
"Same Sega of America shpeel."

No one knows obviously, and to be honest, I don't think anyone can make a good estimate either.
Free to play games are the new "console" games of today. Most people at least own computers now. Might not be top of the line, but enough to run PSO2 at minimum settings.
I would argue that PSO2 is more "Free to Demo" in some aspects, but if you look at it from a casual player's perspective, then what they give you for free is actually do-able. Us hard-core fans will always pay, no-matter the price. (You're not hard-core if you don't! lol :wacko: <-Statement of opinion.)

I'm honestly not to worried. I am surprised the PSU has even lasted this long on the English side, seeing how horrible things got and yet people still pay to play it. *raises hand* I'm one of them. ^^;

I do hope that they treat the English/Global servers better this time around so I won't have to eventually switch back to the JP servers.

Here's to hope'n! :beer:

NoiseHERO
Jul 10, 2012, 10:09 PM
Honesty I enjoyed PSU way too much.

Most of the problems that "ruined" it didn't really affect me since I stopped taking the game seriously after 1UP ended. After that is was like "BEST CHAT ROOM EVERRRR /Becomes god of the 4th floor through the power of genius minded adolescent trolling"

soulpimpwizzurd
Jul 10, 2012, 10:12 PM

Most of the problems that "ruined" it didn't really affect me since I stopped taking the game seriously after 1UP ended. After that is was like "BEST CHAT ROOM EVERRRR /Becomes god of the 4th floor through the power of genius minded adolescent trolling"

rock if you still have access to psu you should make a gif of your character doing the butt bounce PA and after your character finishes it, zoom up on his face and in bold letters type NOFKSGVN

it'd be the best thing ever

Skye-Fox713
Jul 10, 2012, 10:41 PM
rock if you still have access to psu you should make a gif of your character doing the butt bounce PA and after your character finishes it, zoom up on his face and in bold letters type NOFKSGVN

he might be able to do that in the offline mode.

ZcRaider
Jul 10, 2012, 11:14 PM
Vylera and Iwerkout,

I would like to say that i highly value your viewpoints. Thank you.

I guess ill just have to make the best out of an unstable situation. As a pasionate fan of the PSO series, i guess my expectations were too high. And I think its save to say that im not alone either. Still pains me that the reality of the situation with sega is more grim than people realise. Still...at the end of the day....its still just a video game.

Anyways, im probaby not going to play on the NA release. I figure... by the time it comes out in 2013...i would have learned Japanese, seriously :beer:

I'm turning Japanese...I think im turning Japanese... I really think so!
*cue 80's music*

sugarFO
Jul 10, 2012, 11:15 PM

Okay, WHAT is this?! Rofl

xBladeM6x
Jul 10, 2012, 11:38 PM

I'm right there with you. ^^;

ZcRaider
Jul 10, 2012, 11:51 PM
i do miss PSU..... Espcially that planet that had all of those majestic looking forests. I dunno, to me PSU seems more expansive than this game. You had temples and labs and enviornments to navigate through. I dont get that vibe with PSO2. Its more of a run n slash, gun, tech. Very linear maps.... I miss PSU's story too....

Im so waiting for the double sabler to enter this game!

Rowe
Jul 10, 2012, 11:58 PM
I liked the general feel of PSU and I prefer the way it handled clothing items, but PSO2 definitely has more interesting gameplay. Also, I enjoyed making enemy part weapons in PSO, but thank god that damn stupid PSU crafting system is dead.

Anyway, even in the short time since launch, PSO2 has had a bunch of new areas added to it, so maybe given a little more time, there really will be some more interesting environments added, or even missions that go through more than one area type (since there were a few like that in PSO). Personally, I want to see some new areas on Naberius that are like the Gal De Val island zones in PSO Ep.2. Oh, and Caves-planet needs some areas like PSO Caves 2, where everything's all water and pretty for a little while. I could look at those places all day, even on the Gamecube.

TRICKST3R
Jul 11, 2012, 12:04 AM
i do miss PSU..... Espcially that planet that had all of those majestic looking forests. I dunno, to me PSU seems more expansive than this game. You had temples and labs and enviornments to navigate through. I dont get that vibe with PSO2. Its more of a run n slash, gun, tech. Very linear maps.... I miss PSU's story too....

Im so waiting for the double sabler to enter this game!

The progression between areas is pretty linear too, which is sad.
One of the highlights of PSU was having many missions available on multiple planets at any given level.

Fafnir
Jul 11, 2012, 12:05 AM
I'm only nearly done caves at level 13 so far, but I wouldn't mind if they added maps that were more labyrinthin in scope and design, like the caves/mines/ruins of PSO1. Although I'm still fairly early in my PSO2 experience, I'm missing those maps that you could really get lost in.

ZcRaider
Jul 11, 2012, 12:11 AM
I liked the general feel of PSU and I prefer the way it handled clothing items, but PSO2 definitely has more interesting gameplay. Also, I enjoyed making enemy part weapons in PSO, but thank god that damn stupid PSU crafting system is dead.

Anyway, even in the short time since launch, PSO2 has had a bunch of new areas added to it, so maybe given a little more time, there really will be some more interesting environments added, or even missions that go through more than one area type (since there were a few like that in PSO). Personally, I want to see some new areas on Naberius that are like the Gal De Val island zones in PSO Ep.2. Oh, and Caves-planet needs some areas like PSO Caves 2, where everything's all water and pretty for a little while. I could look at those places all day, even on the Gamecube.

:yes: <-----

Fafnir
Jul 11, 2012, 12:14 AM
Hell, if they were to add "VR levels" that were essentially remakes of some of the more iconic areas of Ep.1 and 2, I certainly wouldn't mind.

I'm not one for nostalgia, but Gal Dal Val Island was just classy.

Skye-Fox713
Jul 11, 2012, 12:51 AM
So I heard you like maintenance so I put some maintenance on your maintenance so you can maintenance while you maintenance.

Hell, if they were to add "VR levels" that were essentially remakes of some of the more iconic areas of Ep.1 and 2, I certainly wouldn't mind.

I'm not one for nostalgia, but Gal Dal Val Island was just classy.

I do agree a VR level of Gal Dal Val island would be pretty cool

gigawuts
Jul 11, 2012, 01:01 AM
I'd love something that takes us back to the old dead planet, with the mines and ruins still actually there albeit dysfunctional and broken down. I don't think THAT much time has transpired since the original, and considering how long the ruins had already been sitting there...

I'm imagining a level where the mines actually open up right into the ruins, with changing music and everything. Now THAT would be a good level.

Geistritter
Jul 11, 2012, 01:03 AM
I'd like them to just try to come up with original content with the feel of the better parts of the last go around, thanks. Just because it's a sequel doesn't mean it needs to wear the last game's decomposing skin.

Fafnir
Jul 11, 2012, 01:03 AM
Doesn't PSO2 happen in a completely different solar system from PSO1?

I do agree a VR level of Gal Dal Val island would be pretty cool

For what it's worth, I always thought Gal Gryphon was a textbook example of great boss design.

gigawuts
Jul 11, 2012, 01:04 AM
Considering the number of times I've replayed PSO1 I'm totally comfortable with recycled throwback content.

I'd also like to wear old style rusting HUcast skin, while we're on the topic.

Doesn't PSO2 happen in a completely different solar system from PSO1?

For what it's worth, I always thought Gal Gryphon was a textbook example of great boss design.
I believe it's set in multiple solar systems, there's a space armada, and the home planet is dying like in the original. Except this time they don't have a destination planet, but instead several planets they're investigating as a new home.

Skye-Fox713
Jul 11, 2012, 01:09 AM
I'd love something that takes us back to the old dead planet, with the mines and ruins still actually there albeit dysfunctional and broken down. I don't think THAT much time has transpired since the original, and considering how long the ruins had already been sitting there...

I'm imagining a level where the mines actually open up right into the ruins, with changing music and everything. Now THAT would be a good level.

I always like the transitions between the levels in pso when you reach the end of one.

Polly
Jul 11, 2012, 01:17 AM
I'd like them to just try to come up with original content with the feel of the better parts of the last go around, thanks. Just because it's a sequel doesn't mean it needs to wear the last game's decomposing skin.

Basically this, but those that think like us tend to be in the minority and Japan absolutely loves the idea of re-using the same ideas over and over again. I don't think anybody has to worry about rehashed PSO Episode Whatever content, because it's all most people want and will be happy with. Unfortunately, there's just not that great a shot at originality because "nostalgia" weighs so heavily on most peoples' minds.

Geistritter
Jul 11, 2012, 01:21 AM
Nostalgia is fine as long as the source material isn't made into a zombie. That's why I appreciated the brief nod to PSO's forest theme in this game's; it's enough to be evocative without being flat out lazy.

I think the thing PSO did best from a presentation standpoint was its atmosphere, and I don't mind that kind of setting and mood being done here; I just want it to be done in a different way. Rozenom from PSU really stood out for me, because it had great mood through a combination of the way it looked and the way it sounded. It reminded me very strongly of Episode 2 without actually being ripped off from it.

gigawuts
Jul 11, 2012, 01:25 AM
I looked up Rozenom, and yes that'st he only part of PSU I ever actually enjoyed. I found it to be a visually appealing setting.

Still though, after the rest of PSU I'd enjoy a throwback somewhere in the game. They did it in PSP2I and it was supposedly quite fun.

I don't really want anything high effort, hell everything could be reskinned enemies taken from other areas, but the setting itself being in this game would be great to me.

Geistritter
Jul 11, 2012, 01:27 AM
Well, as Polly said, you'll probably get your wish regardless in one form another.

gigawuts
Jul 11, 2012, 01:33 AM
Well, as Polly said, you'll probably get your wish regardless in one form another.

I might, but they've changed up a lot of things so far. They really might have all the levels as purely new content. Visually inspired, sure, but otherwise all new areas.

The preview of the PSO2 mines for instance. A lot of the enemies are inspired by PSO1 mines enemies, right down to their names and behaviors. It's sounding like they're majorly stepped up though, using modern AI and incorporating new mechanics.

Even if I never get the original mines back, that's still good enough for me. The original is still in the actual original game after all. Honestly I just want the clash of vivid lighting that the mines had, and they can do that in any setting.

Snitch
Jul 11, 2012, 01:35 AM
1 hour extra maint :(

http://page.mixi.jp/view_page.pl?page_id=148512

SaiKo
Jul 11, 2012, 01:37 AM
Eh. I wanted them to replicate the tone/atmosphere, and a lot of the systems of the original PSO, but I'd actually like the content to be otherwise original.

While I did enjoy the prospect of throwback weapons, I honestly would prefer at this point that they had just created their own batch of original items that have the same type of style and personality as those from PSO, but which aren't straight-up replicas (and poor ones at that given the rather bleh rare/item system they opted to use).

As far as levels go, I don't like the direction they went, but I also didn't just want a copy/pasted version of Ragol with upgraded textures. I did want a progression-style similar to what was seen in PSO and a similar use of landmarks, but with an entirely new set of environments and stages with longer and more involved levels. Perhaps a swamp, the wreckage of a crashed-ship, a canyon, etc...

So basically make stages and items that feel like they could have been at home in the original game if it were made with modern technology, but which are distinct from what it DID offer...

Dark Renegade
Jul 11, 2012, 01:43 AM
how long is the maintenance and can someone tell me a way to put my pso2 character on my sig using a program almost like photoshop?

edit nvm using PhotoFiltre

xBladeM6x
Jul 11, 2012, 01:45 AM
how long is the maintenance and can someone tell me a way to put my pso2 character on my sig using a program almost like photoshop?

Ends at 4 am (EST), deary.

Squall179
Jul 11, 2012, 01:47 AM
Heh well...

Ok so yeah, an extra hour of maintinance. At least we still get PSO2 when it comes back.....

You have it better with this game than with Armored Core V, which for its PS3 version? THe game was simply....Not Working for over two weeks with no word from Bandai Namco, we got NO Patches while Japan got them all...and when we finally got ONE PATCH, thigns were Still crappy and errors everywhere. THat...was not forgivable. I am as calm as I am about this maint stuff with Sega and PSO2 because I had to deal with that ACV crap, I think at least with THIS....they are trying to fix problems, and are actually DOING something with that downtime, not just simply "Oh, Our servers arent working Trolol"

Geistritter
Jul 11, 2012, 01:49 AM
That's a shame about Armored Core V - if I ever bother to get one of the current systems, that would be one of my first purchases.

Atraeus
Jul 11, 2012, 01:49 AM
This would be a perfect time for afro cat... :/

Arika
Jul 11, 2012, 01:50 AM
Curse Sega for trying to make this game, that everyone is enjoying the heck out of, even better.

How dare they take it down for a few hours, rather than let it sit fester while problems become worse and worse until the game becomes unplayable.

Dammit :c they're so awful.
lol.

Gotta love the Japanese dedication to it's userbase. Here's hoping SoA's commitment is stronger than it was for PSU.

Yup, they really dedicated. All to make sure that their customer could play it when they back home from work.

Dan Maku
Jul 11, 2012, 01:52 AM
Everything in PSP2I was fun though

Anyway, I'd rather they not try to cling to PSO in a desperate attempt to keep the nostalgiaholics around. PSU tried that with MAG and it's Random missions and it was so half-assedly done that it only served to make the nostalgiaholics even more rabid. There isn't anything wrong with them giving small callback to the game that started the online PS craze, but they certainly shouldn't shove the crap down our throats. I'd like this to remain as stand alone as possible.

Cept maybe they should have a remix of Tricktrack somewhere, because Tricktrack is amazing, and was inspired by older PS games anyway. So it wouldn't be a complete rip-off.

I believe Sega has been doing well, in that respect, when it comes to keeping the nostalgia reasonable while crafting an original, fun game. MAGs are back and still awesome, the Forest and Volcano worlds are great callbacks to the Forests and Caves of PSO1 while the new Desert and Tundra worlds are boss (and a level calling back to the Mines is in the wings)...I could go on, but really, the proof is in the pudding.

xhrit
Jul 11, 2012, 01:54 AM

I use the gimp, it is almost as good as photoshop, but it's free.
you can get it here : http://www.gimp.org/
there are a bunch of sig tutorials on the internet : http://www.gimptalk.com/index.php?/topic/5773-full-signature-tutorial/
http://kuroda726.deviantart.com/art/Gimp-Signature-Tutorial-77869583

more on google if you look ^^

Squall179
Jul 11, 2012, 01:58 AM
That's a shame about Armored Core V - if I ever bother to get one of the current systems, that would be one of my first purchases.

Further bad news, for Armored Core V....I played it extensively for a time, until that collapse of the PS3 version, and the PS3 version does not seem to have recovered for the US version, nor the EU version as I do beleive. JP is still going strong though from what I know. 360 is doing alright enough if I remmeber right, but....still, what really....REALLY Hurt ACV was the fanbase.

it isn't a coop game at heart like PSO and PSU, so as a result, since competition is the name of the game, so heavily emphasized by team vs team PVP as the CORE of the game (the gameplay aside from nine....Very short, very story light, very cryptically explained missions, is ALL merely taking territory, holding territory, thats all it is really, you have variations of that, and you have freebattle which is just team versions of what AC players have been doing for YEARS now...but beyond that? The personality of the community is sadly quite hostile and unforgiving.

That killed the game as much as, at least for the PS3, the server crash. its sad because the game actually was pretty fun.

We finally got our servers back for PS3 but...its just dust and echos now, when I log in, everyone on my team is gone, I looked for a new team and the few I found all locked with passwords and havent shown activity for a while.

COmpared to that...PSO2 having this maintinance stuff just doesn't seem all that annoying to me. helps maintain a sense of patience I guess, knowing Sega actually seems to care enough to at least put the effort into Trying, with this game.

Dark Renegade
Jul 11, 2012, 02:01 AM
thanks for the heads up

Snitch
Jul 11, 2012, 02:13 AM
You just had to snitch on Sega didnt you

hrhr :)

Satroms
Jul 11, 2012, 02:27 AM
Well I guess go away to get some sleep works, see ya in game folks 35minutes right?

NeoCassherns
Jul 11, 2012, 03:01 AM
Its back up!!!!!

Satroms
Jul 11, 2012, 04:48 AM
Ehm did the server shut down again? :S I canīt login but was online like 40 minutes ago

Hosaka
Jul 11, 2012, 04:49 AM
^Yes. Maint again. For like an hour.

BIG OLAF
They heard we liked maintenance, so they...

...gave us another one.

BlueRose1
Ehm did the server shut down again? :S I canīt login but was online like 40 minutes ago

emergency maintenance for another hour

Scrub
Jul 11, 2012, 04:50 AM
'Ill just stay up really late so I can get a FEW hours of grinding in today, at least!'

Coatl
Jul 11, 2012, 04:55 AM
http://cdn.memegenerator.net/instances/400x/23296933.jpg

Satroms
Jul 11, 2012, 04:55 AM
Okay.... Guess itīs time for some food then..... :( btw are there any ship 6 players thats up for some playing after the maintenance? Iīll be around block 22^^

AlMcFly
Jul 11, 2012, 04:56 AM
http://cdn.memegenerator.net/instances/400x/23296933.jpg

Did you use shorthand because you forgot how to spell "maintenance?" XD XD XD

Coatl
Jul 11, 2012, 04:57 AM
Did you use shorthand because you forgot how to spell "maintenance?" XD XD XD

Maintenance would sound too long-winded, dawg.
c:

K no.
I've been up for more hours than my fingers can count.
I'd be ok with being ungrammatical if I was being ungrammatical and playing PSO2. :c

Snitch
Jul 11, 2012, 05:23 AM
7 min left of the extra extra maint :D

KrankItVZ
Jul 11, 2012, 05:38 AM
WTF IS GOING ON! Been out for hours and its still not done? I accidentally used the 3 day My Shop ticket from FUN scratch card and now I have a whole day wasted... great