PDA

View Full Version : Would You Rather Have A Wii U Version or Vita?

Quintus_The_Force
Jul 10, 2012, 11:58 AM
@ Those who like to experience possible console or handheld versions of PSO2, which would you rather purchase?

Zari
Jul 10, 2012, 12:01 PM
definitely Vita. I mean, I can play the PC version at home, but if the Vita version offers offline I can play it on the go, and even if it doesn't, if I am somewhere else that has internet and couldn't bring my laptop I could always play the Vita version.

Alenoir
Jul 10, 2012, 12:03 PM
Vita.

PS3 sounded like a better platform for this game if you want it on a console.

Edit: ...Yeaaah it may get pretty tiresome to constantly hit the Y key when it's placed all the way in on the pro controller.

NoiseHERO
Jul 10, 2012, 12:05 PM
Wii U!

get that motion control gimmick in TPS modo!

Rashiid
Jul 10, 2012, 12:08 PM
Vita definitely. I love handhelds already, and I have no problem playing action games on PSP. Vita would just be even better.

Quintus_The_Force
Jul 10, 2012, 12:09 PM
I think playing it on the big screen with the action bar/nav taking advantage of Wii U's touchscreen could prove to play really nice!

Alenoir
Jul 10, 2012, 12:10 PM
I think playing it on the big screen with the action bar/nav taking advantage of Wii U's touchscreen could prove to play really nice!
If that controller have the shoulder buttons, yeah.

If not then how are you gonna dodge/block/switch to your second PA/tech set? .-.

Quintus_The_Force
Jul 10, 2012, 12:21 PM
Huh? U controller has 4 shoulder buttons

Alenoir
Jul 10, 2012, 12:22 PM
Yeah, haven't been keeping up news with that console, don't know if the tablet comes with shoulder buttons, hence the "if". .-.

NoiseHERO
Jul 10, 2012, 12:27 PM
Yeah Wii-U's big controller got "upgraded" (or I guess should I call something unreleased upgraded?)

It also got a Controller similar to XBOX and PS3's. and I assume you're allowed to use it with any-other game. Unlike last Wii's "meh" console controller and a FEW games letting you use it or gamecube controller. It looks pretty cool.

Coatl
Jul 10, 2012, 12:43 PM
PSO2 needs to stay miles away from the maniacal tyrannious game company that is Nintendo.

NoiseHERO
Jul 10, 2012, 12:44 PM
PSO2 needs to stay miles away from the maniacal tyrannious game company that is Nintendo.

Yo, them's fightin' words.

Or should I say...

Yo, them's e-argument startin' words!

Aewyn
Jul 10, 2012, 12:53 PM
Vita, without question.

Kous
Jul 10, 2012, 01:10 PM
Wait not sure if all yall know but Wii U is a console also, not just a hand held. Why Would Nintendo be stupid enough to make another handheld when they have the D.S. The point of Wii U is to play and Wii U console and also play with hand held. I doubt anybody would be leaving there house playing the Wii U handheld when they have D.S, just not reason-able. So im still confused are yall talking bout handheld part only of Wii U or the WHOLE system because in that case why wouldn't u want the game to be on Wii U. Wouldn't it be fun to actual swing at monster when being a Hunter. I mean hands down Wii U if thats the case. But please correct me if im wrong

Peejay
Jul 10, 2012, 01:16 PM
Vita. I need the mobility.

Rashiid
Jul 10, 2012, 01:16 PM
I'm sure we all know what the Wii-U is, we just know Nintendo loves to turn games into gimmicks. Some games are really fun with them, but I could do without it. Sure the Wii-U has that Xbox-like controller but the layout for it is still awkward compared to an actual Xbox one. I like the way the Vita feels and plays, and Portable 2 / Infinity is great on PSP.

Hrith
Jul 10, 2012, 01:17 PM
Who in their right mind would want PSO2 in the Wii U? Ugh... Nintendo has ruined enough franchises as it is.

Kous
Jul 10, 2012, 01:39 PM
Ok so yall would rather have PSO2 on a small hand held rather than the Wii U that u can actually fight with and not press buttons and actually cast your photon arts >.>. and the Wii U would be the first " console" that PSO2 would be on. Just imagine playing PSO2 on your giant T.V. Also if Sega wanted PSO2 to be on a console also then wouldnt it make since to try to market on a Wide range......... So that can mean PSO2 could go on PS Vita and still be on the console Wii U

Yay everyone happy.......... right? >.>

ok Also Wow u guys don't like Nintendo >.> Yall act like it burned down your house and stole all your food XD. I would be mad at Xbox >.> they charge for online.

( kidding I love me some Xbox live XD)

Rashiid
Jul 10, 2012, 01:51 PM
I have no problem with Nintendo. I'm playing my 3DS as I type. Vita screen is definitely big enough to suffice PSO2. And I love being able to play action games on the go.

Alenoir
Jul 10, 2012, 01:55 PM
Ok so yall would rather have PSO2 on a small hand held rather than the Wii U that u can actually fight with and not press buttons and actually cast your photon arts >.>

Wait what? How do a I fire a gun without hitting anything? :(

Coatl
Jul 10, 2012, 01:58 PM
ok Also Wow u guys don't like Nintendo >.> Yall act like it burned down your house and stole all your food XD. I would be mad at Xbox >.> they charge for online.

I love their games just hate how they run their business.

iwerkout
Jul 10, 2012, 02:04 PM
Neither! *hugs PC* :wacko::mac:

Laxedrane
Jul 10, 2012, 02:09 PM
Nintendo has dropped the ball to many times when it comes to online games to be trusted. Yeah sega did all the work for the original PSO but PS3 or the 360 a better fit. I say that as a fan of nintendo.

I like to see a Consul version of the game, vita won't be so bad if it's the only one, but I would like to see it come to the other consuls as well. I think they have a better demographic with those players in America.

Taigerr
Jul 10, 2012, 02:15 PM
Vita..... we all accept that 3g probably won't work, but imagine being able to hook up to 4g/LTE MIFI http://www.laptopmag.com/review/hotspot/Verizon_Wireless_Jetpack_4G_LTE_Hotspot_MiFi_4620L .aspx . Maybe a 3rd party might make one that attaches to the vita its self?

WII U is a home console really.....

Quintus_The_Force
Jul 10, 2012, 02:24 PM
Ok so yall would rather have PSO2 on a small hand held rather than the Wii U that u can actually fight with and not press buttons and actually cast your photon arts >.>. and the Wii U would be the first " console" that PSO2 would be on. Just imagine playing PSO2 on your giant T.V. Also if Sega wanted PSO2 to be on a console also then wouldnt it make since to try to market on a Wide range......... So that can mean PSO2 could go on PS Vita and still be on the console Wii U

Just be quiet. Sounds like you dont know ****. The Wii U version could be free to play like the PC version, and would control just like the Vita version (face button/sticks) but with the added features of a second touchscreen and different POVs. If you are even attempting to make a motion based argument (as if Sega would even implement those controls) the Vita is also motion capable. I want a Wii U version, like on GCN but looks like ill be forced to buy a Vita.

Zipzo
Jul 10, 2012, 02:31 PM
I'd like to avoid any Nintendo products in the future for as long as I'm ever playing games to be honest, so Wii-U can go sit on a sharp stick.

I won't mind getting the iPhone client though, that'll be fun.

Ueno54
Jul 10, 2012, 02:33 PM
Wii U for sure. I'd rather have other people to play with.

GrieverXVII
Jul 10, 2012, 02:34 PM
Vita forsure. Wii U just looks like a giant pos.

Edit:
To the person who said playing pso2 on a giant tv. Thats why i connect an hdmi cable from my laptop to my 60" hdtv and play using that and an xbox controller...PSO2 ON XBOX360 NOWAI!!!!@@@???

FenixStryk
Jul 10, 2012, 02:52 PM
PSO2 wouldn't benefit from anything Wii U has to offer.

Mikura
Jul 10, 2012, 02:54 PM
I'd probably go with Wii-U over Vita. But I only say that because I think if PSO2's western release coincided with the Wii-U's launch, it'd be a great launch title for the platform and help give the game more publicity. Unless they decide to distribute it through Steam. Then I would say Vita for the portability.

Ueno54
Jul 10, 2012, 03:05 PM
PSO2 wouldn't benefit from anything Wii U has to offer.

Wii U offers the enormous Nintendo fan base. More money for Sega!

Lord Yurka
Jul 10, 2012, 03:06 PM
I think i would prefer the Vita version, just for the mobility

Akaimizu
Jul 10, 2012, 03:09 PM
I would only say Vita because it is truly portable. It's the perfect compliment to the sit-down home version of the PC. For that alone, Wii U would bring less to the table.

Still, the Vita needs a game like that way more than Wii U, which seems to already have both a Nintendo Audience, and an interesting plan for online gaming that actually will be used at launch. They even have the potential to Out-home Playstation Home.

futamieriko
Jul 10, 2012, 03:18 PM
Vita. Nintendo will get access to my wallet as soon as they stop being about family game night and go back to being about epic video games.

DemonMike
Jul 10, 2012, 03:21 PM
Vita, but not in its current state.

I've said this many times, but it would probably be a lot better to make it more like the Portable series. Making it a portable version of the PC experience seems just insane to me, considering many weak PC's can play it. That and you're tied to a wifi hot spot for it considering 3G is completely out of the question considering the latency.

If they change their mind and make it more like how Portable was to Universe, I'd be more inclined to buy a vita and a copy of it.

Zipzo
Jul 10, 2012, 03:27 PM
What is the point of causing such discussion with possible butthurt-ness as a result when there's absolutely no given reason to believe it will even happen?

I swear that happens so much on these forums, it always has, it reminds me of 2 or more years ago when people were still discussing PSO2 as a twinkle in the eye, and fighting over elements of the game like they knew what SEGA should do with development, or how such and such mechanics should work if they want to succeed, or what will or will not be done.

Seriously. Let SEGA release it on whatever console they want. If you refuse to get any of the consoles it's available for, then you're piss out of luck. End of story. You aren't going to convince SEGA that it's a good idea to do anything your mind believes is the best course for their development/release cycle.

Gamers these days are such a self-entitled mass, it's almost putrid. Is it wrong to speculate? Of course not, but at this point speculation is out the window. We have all the facts basically in front of us, so this type of discussion is literally worthless.

Firehouse1983
Jul 10, 2012, 03:27 PM
Vita, simply because that's the only reason why I have a Vita sitting in my house right now.

DemonMike
Jul 10, 2012, 03:38 PM
What is the point of causing such discussion with possible butthurt-ness as a result when there's absolutely no given reason to believe it will even happen?

I swear that happens so much on these forums, it always has, it reminds me of 2 or more years ago when people were still discussing PSO2 as a twinkle in the eye, and fighting over elements of the game like they knew what SEGA should do with development, or how such and such mechanics should work if they want to succeed, or what will or will not be done.

Seriously. Let SEGA release it on whatever console they want. If you refuse to get any of the consoles it's available for, then you're piss out of luck. End of story. You aren't going to convince SEGA that it's a good idea to do anything your mind believes is the best course for their development/release cycle.

Gamers these days are such a self-entitled mass, it's almost putrid. Is it wrong to speculate? Of course not, but at this point speculation is out the window. We have all the facts basically in front of us, so this type of discussion is literally worthless.

Technically, you're correct. This discussion is kind of meaningless as it'll probably never happen.

But none of this 'possible butthurt-ness' has occured. It's just people discussing their opinion. Many people really want this to come out on a console in some form and it's interesting to discuss the advantages it would have on the Vita and the advantages it could have on the Wii U.

If you don't like the discussion, that's fine, but it doesn't mean it shouldn't happen. How you got to the whole 'self entitled' argument is completely beyond me, but please stop buying into the media who has hyped that bollocks to oblivion. Every one has the right to be entitled to a good product if there is money involved.

Got your car washed and you personally find it to be a substandard job? By your logic, you should just put up with it because you'd be 'self-entitled' to demand a refund or a rectification.

Jungo Torii
Jul 10, 2012, 03:40 PM
Honestly, I'm not sure if I can see myself ever purchasing either console. Though I suppose a handheld PSO2 would be nice. Since I can already play on my computer at home, I don't think I need another console to do the exact same thing.

So I guess I'd go with the Vita version.

chaoelite
Jul 10, 2012, 03:50 PM
I agree this is kinda silly topic the game is still new so ports are still possible but that is up to sega
http://www.firegoon.com/images/awt85at.png

NoiseHERO
Jul 10, 2012, 03:51 PM
The Wii-U...

It's it only going to be like $200-250?

So almost cheaper than a Vita? I don't even know how much PS3 goes for these days. Not cheap enough to get one over an Xbox, though, last time I checked... YEAH I RECKON HAR HAR!

Apparently Wii-U's parts are weaker than the rumoured parts though, so it's slightly weaker than a PS3 or something. As if games ever look any different regardless of the console...

mhjc
Jul 10, 2012, 04:09 PM

"Imagine"? I already play PSO2 on my TV. Oh, plenty of people woke up to Nintendo's bs over 10 years ago, there's just more added each year since Nintendo's market is focused on new kids or people who can't get enough of nostalgia. Don't take it hard.

I'd rather have a Vita version, I kinda feel PSO2 is already casual enough as is, we don't need PSO2 to get even easier with Nintendo at the helm; MHTri got really casual when it went to Wii, but it did attract new fans.
Apart from that little concern, I think the Vita version would be better overall without having to worry about friend codes and such. I don't expect the Vita version to run that well though, probably locked at 30fps at best and has some chugging framerates during lobbies and MPAs with PC players.

I don't think the WiiU is capable of handling PSO2 apart from shader 2 or something.

I can understand the desire to play it on a console when people don't have a proper rig to handle the game, but it wouldn't look that different compared to a low-end laptop playing the game.

NoiseHERO
Jul 10, 2012, 04:12 PM
I don't think the WiiU is capable of handling PSO2 apart from shader 2 or something.

You lost me here o_o

Zipzo
Jul 10, 2012, 04:13 PM
Technically, you're correct. This discussion is kind of meaningless as it'll probably never happen.

But none of this 'possible butthurt-ness' has occured. It's just people discussing their opinion. Many people really want this to come out on a console in some form and it's interesting to discuss the advantages it would have on the Vita and the advantages it could have on the Wii U.

If you don't like the discussion, that's fine, but it doesn't mean it shouldn't happen. How you got to the whole 'self entitled' argument is completely beyond me, but please stop buying into the media who has hyped that bollocks to oblivion. Every one has the right to be entitled to a good product if there is money involved.

Got your car washed and you personally find it to be a substandard job? By your logic, you should just put up with it because you'd be 'self-entitled' to demand a refund or a rectification.Your comparison doesn't work because you can't judge PSO2 as being 'substandard' because of the fact they refused to release it on a certain console.

If the game decided to release on Gamecube in the year 2013, then you might have a comparison there.

We're all playing JP version, and the last thing on my mind is that the game is substandard, and what do you know, I'm not playing it on the Wii-U.

DemonMike
Jul 10, 2012, 04:21 PM
Your comparison doesn't work because you can't judge PSO2 as being 'substandard' because of the fact they refused to release it on a certain console.

If the game decided to release on Gamecube in the year 2013, then you might have a comparison there.

We're all playing JP version, and the last thing on my mind is that the game is substandard, and what do you know, I'm not playing it on the Wii-U.

Much like how your comparison of these people to 'self-entitled gamers' in the first place doesn't work considering they were merely discussing what system they'd prefer?

I'm lost as to why you're focussing on the idea of it being released on the Wii U. Some people want it on Wii U, big woop. If you don't, that's your prerogative, doesn't mean people can't toy with the idea and have a preference to a version created for that console rather than a Vita.

BIG OLAF
Jul 10, 2012, 04:23 PM
I'm more likely to get a Vita than a Wii U, so I'd say Vita. Nice and simple.

Even though I probably won't get the Vita version regardless, heh.

DemonMike
Jul 10, 2012, 04:25 PM
I'm more likely to get a Vita than a Wii U, so I'd say Vita. Nice and simple.

Even though I probably won't get the Vita version regardless, heh.

Same here. Although I wouldn't play it on Vita considering I don't have one and my laptop is capable of playing it, I'll probably buy a copy regardless just for collectors sake (or for some code goodies they'll most likely include)

Vylera
Jul 10, 2012, 04:27 PM
I'd rather play it on my PC.

Not much interest in consoles anymore.

The more modern the console, the less games I own for it. Not much point in dipping 200+ bucks in a console to play 3 or 4 mothership titles that last 20-30 hours each.

MegaMettaurX
Jul 10, 2012, 04:34 PM

PSO2 with motion controls will go spiraling down a terrible abyss and will never make it out. That's one of the worst ideas ever for an MMO, especially one as a action packed as this.

Also, you must have never heard of HDMI cables, because you can already play this game on your "giant t.v", and since the game is controller enabled, I don't see how it would be any different playing on a console. I wouldn't mind a Wii-U version, but if it has stupid motion controls, count me out. Touch screen options controlls will be perfect for this game. doing all of that while running towards the next spawn/area would be loads useful.

Wolfgrey666
Jul 10, 2012, 04:37 PM
Simply no to Wii U.That is all.I don't even need words to express why.Wii U and Nintendo say it best themselves by being what they are.

Garnet_Moon
Jul 10, 2012, 04:40 PM
I don't like the CLAW look on the PSP-line of electronics, and I certainly don't purchase Nintendo products after the Gamecube. If I had to choose a medium to enjoy PSO2 on when I'm not at home, I'd say I'd rather get a laptop and enjoy it on that... or, to a much lesser extent, an iPad.

Wolfgrey666
Jul 10, 2012, 04:46 PM
I don't like the CLAW look on the PSP-line of electronics, and I certainly don't purchase Nintendo products after the Gamecube. If I had to choose a medium to enjoy PSO2 on when I'm not at home, I'd say I'd rather get a laptop and enjoy it on that... or, to a much lesser extent, an iPad.

There is no claw on Vita, it is dual analog.I have one.

scorpio4484
Jul 10, 2012, 04:47 PM
Neither! Xbox ftw

Wolfgrey666
Neither! Xbox ftw

Where it would die and fast...

Zipzo
Much like how your comparison of these people to 'self-entitled gamers' in the first place doesn't work considering they were merely discussing what system they'd prefer?

I'm lost as to why you're focussing on the idea of it being released on the Wii U. Some people want it on Wii U, big woop. If you don't, that's your prerogative, doesn't mean people can't toy with the idea and have a preference to a version created for that console rather than a Vita.To deny that this sort of discussion goes on in hundreds of threads in a "SEGA should" way, is quite naive of you. That's where the self-entitled gamer stuff comes from.

It's not just a prerogative, it's not inconsiderable to believe that dealing with Nintendo is not preferable to many gamers out there.

Quadocky
Jul 10, 2012, 04:51 PM
Would be fun it were on the Wii-U.

I can imagine the wonderfulness of a clear upper screen while all the data is on the smaller one...

Wolfgrey666
Jul 10, 2012, 04:53 PM
Would be fun it were on the Wii-U.

I can imagine the wonderfulness of a clear upper screen while all the data is on the smaller one...

Then looking down at your screen and realizing your dead on the other one...

DemonMike
Jul 10, 2012, 04:59 PM
To deny that this sort of discussion goes on in hundreds of threads in a "SEGA should" way, is quite naive of you. That's where the self-entitled gamer stuff comes from.

It's not just a prerogative, it's not inconsiderable to believe that dealing with Nintendo is not preferable to many gamers out there.

People are toying with the idea of the human race being jump started through an intergalactic space being named Xenu (Scientology anyone), sure it's anyone's right to toy with the idea and discuss what they will about it. I'm still going to think they are a moron for what they believe in, and will avoid at all costs having to hear their opinions or even allow them to discuss it in front of me because it's stupid and pointless. Just like the idea of PSO2 being on the Wii-U.

I like discussions based in reality.

Don't be ridiculous. Haven't an idea or preference does not equate to self entitlement. The 'self entitled' idea that's been spreading like wild fire lately has been a media response to the growing outcry regarding anti-consumer practices such as day 1 DLC and most prominently, the ending to Mass Effct 3.

Even then, that's not self entitlement. Being against DLC as a whole and expecting it to be free would be, but day 1 dlc has always been a strategic move by publishers to get more cash from launch period hype.

I'm not denying in any shape or form that a console release exclusive to Wii-U would be undesirable to some people. But that doesn't mean people can't want it to appear on Wii U, regardless of the fact it wont happen.

Vylera
Jul 10, 2012, 05:10 PM
Don't be ridiculous. Haven't an idea or preference does not equate to self entitlement. The 'self entitled' idea that's been spreading like wild fire lately has been a media response to the growing outcry regarding anti-consumer practices such as day 1 DLC and most prominently, the ending to Mass Effct 3.

Even then, that's not self entitlement. Being against DLC as a whole and expecting it to be free would be, but day 1 dlc has always been a strategic move by publishers to get more cash from launch period hype.

I'm not denying in any shape or form that a console release exclusive to Wii-U would be undesirable to some people. But that doesn't mean people can't want it to appear on Wii U, regardless of the fact it wont happen.

That third paragraph is absolutely ridiculous though. What are you, some kind of fascist? If people were preaching it to you, in your personal space, then fair enough. But it was your choice to enter this thread, knowing full well that there may be opinions that differ from your own. Much like you have the right to state your opinion and debate some ones opinion, you do not have the right to try and deny them their right to expression.

I think it's clear that the two of you are at an impasse.

Hands off the post button.

Pretty sure we all got your point by page 4.

DemonMike
Jul 10, 2012, 05:11 PM
I think it's clear that the two of you are at an impasse.

Hands off the post button.

Took the initiative and invited PM based discussion.

Sorry for the spam folks!

Macman
Jul 10, 2012, 05:12 PM
Where's the vote for neither? I'd rather it stay PC exclusive.

Rashiid
Jul 10, 2012, 05:17 PM

Hurray for selfish people. What's the problem with more options?

BahnKnakyu
Jul 10, 2012, 05:17 PM

Here's a hint: Sega in their infinite wisdom thought that the PS2/PC version of PSU needed content to be on parity with the X360 version. Microsoft are assholes about allowing companies to release patches whenever they want (aka the certification process). Result? Drip-fed content and the inevitable early death of the game.

The best thing Sega is doing right now is developing for the PC FIRST and porting the games over to consoles. I would hate to play a crappy console port like PSOBB and PSU were.

Garnet_Moon
Jul 10, 2012, 05:18 PM
Console limitations

Macman
Jul 10, 2012, 05:19 PM

Please see:

Console limitations

Rashiid
Jul 10, 2012, 05:25 PM
Please see:

Still selfish :/ You want more stuff for your own good.

NoiseHERO
Jul 10, 2012, 05:31 PM
See? NOW the drama and e-battles are starting! >8D

COMMENCE PC/CONSOLE WAR TIME WASTING!

THE POWER OF NOT BEING ABLE TO PLAY PSO2 RIGHT NOW COMMANDS IT!

Ark22
Jul 10, 2012, 05:32 PM
In all honesty, I want this on my Gameboy.

DemonMike
Jul 10, 2012, 05:34 PM
In all honesty, I want this on my Gameboy.

That would be one hell of an interesting de-make. I'd love to see some one attempt it.

mctastee
Jul 10, 2012, 05:35 PM
Vita. Why would I want a Wii U?

gigawuts
Jul 10, 2012, 05:38 PM
Still selfish :/ You want more stuff for your own good.

Erm, you have to realize that argument cuts both ways. Anyone who wants it for consoles is selfish for wanting it. Anyone who doesn't is selfish for not wanting it.

If I wanted to get into super semantics, I'd say that wanting anything at all is inherently selfish because it in some way benefits you, even if only by making you feel better about yourself. I could give trillions of dollars to the homeless and I could still explain it away as being selfish because it evidently makes me happier to give money away than to keep it.

So yeah, that argument is pretty flawed.

Middle
Jul 10, 2012, 05:41 PM
Wii U ^^
cause I won't buy a Vita only for one Game...
I bought the PSP only for Monster Hunter and PSP/PSP2 ... and now its just lies in the corner ...

NoiseHERO
Jul 10, 2012, 05:42 PM
That would be one hell of an interesting de-make. I'd love to see some one attempt it.

What's that? Zelda Link's Awakening ROM hack?

OKAY!

Emery25
Jul 10, 2012, 05:44 PM
Vita. While it would be intersting to play on the WiiU I could just play it on my pc instead and on the Vita i would be able to play PSO2 while I'm somewhere else like visiting my cousin.

Rashiid
Jul 10, 2012, 05:52 PM
Erm, you have to realize that argument cuts both ways. Anyone who wants it for consoles is selfish for wanting it. Anyone who doesn't is selfish for not wanting it.

If I wanted to get into super semantics, I'd say that wanting anything at all is inherently selfish because it in some way benefits you, even if only by making you feel better about yourself. I could give trillions of dollars to the homeless and I could still explain it away as being selfish because it evidently makes me happier to give money away than to keep it.

So yeah, that argument is pretty flawed.

Fair enough, but that's stretching it a bit. It's gonna happen anyway so I won't argue.

gigawuts
Jul 10, 2012, 06:04 PM
I'd love to see it on consoles. It would raise accessibility and this would be a great game to sit back and play on a TV, without fumbling with extra cables and cards in my computer that is.

Unfortunately, consoles of this generation just aren't able to keep up with PC gaming pace. Microsoft won't allow connectivity with non-xbox platforms, which is really disappointing but honestly they limit patching so much that we're better off. The PS3 is a better option, but then there's still the issue of developing a game to run optimized on some VERY unique hardware that needs a lot of TLC to optimize for - and it WOULD need some primo optimizing to work. Plus, we're very nearly at the end of our current console generation, so Sega is more likely to try to get its hands on PS4 SDK's or whatever they get for future consoles to get it out at release.

I'd LOVE to see a game like this on the Wii U, but I'm sensing the same issues. For all we know they're currently doing exactly all of this, but haven't announced it for a variety of reasons. After all, how long did they wait to announce the Vita and Android versions?

mhjc
Jul 10, 2012, 06:15 PM
I'd love to see it on consoles. It would raise accessibility and this would be a great game to sit back and play on a TV, without fumbling with extra cables and cards in my computer that is.

I'd LOVE to see a game like this on the Wii U, but I'm sensing the same issues. For all we know they're currently doing exactly all of this, but haven't announced it for a variety of reasons. After all, how long did they wait to announce the Vita and Android versions?

It is one cable, just like a console. HDMI!
They announced the Vita and android versions way too far in advance. It is going to be nearly a year from now before those come out. They likely haven't announced such a thing yet because they would barely start working out deals right now.
Specs are the biggest factor in preventing the game from coming to said system. After that, it is making the deals with Nintendo or Sony to see who gets the bigger cut and talks about digital or optical medium release.

gigawuts
Jul 10, 2012, 06:20 PM
Yeah, I uh, don't have an HDMI TV.

You kids and your thin televisions.

(And like hell am I lugging my rig into the living room)

Rashiid
Jul 10, 2012, 06:32 PM
I still have a tube as well. HDMI TVs are downstairs, and I only like playing games in my room >_>

mhjc
Jul 10, 2012, 06:42 PM
Yeah, I uh, don't have an HDMI TV.

You kids and your thin televisions.

(And like hell am I lugging my rig into the living room)

I had a CRT until 2 years back. I'm probably older than you. HDMI TVs are everywhere and very common, I thought I was last in my city to buy one. If you're from the 70s, pay me no mind.

gigawuts
Jul 10, 2012, 06:43 PM
I had a CRT until 2 years back. I'm probably older than you. HDMI TVs are everywhere and very common, I thought I was last in my city to buy one. If you're from the 70s, pay me no mind.

You might be older than me. It was a joke. I even call seniors kids with their <blanks> whenever it's something I haven't gotten yet.

Ryo
Jul 10, 2012, 07:09 PM
I would want it on both.

And for everyone saying Nintendo butchers games, what third-party Wii titles did Nintendo butcher? Nintendo doesn't really mess with third-party games like they used to during the SNES days anymore. Also, they were the first to get PSO after SEGA dissolved its console business and I think PSO on the GCN was great!

But the console thing is almost a moot point considering my PC is hooked up to my TV :)

Xefi
Jul 10, 2012, 09:53 PM
i'll get the PC ver. 100% for the NA release for sure. but this is the case of "if" i dont get the PC ver, then i'll get the Vita ver.
a handheld version of PSO2 isn't that bad. i dont mind that at all, but the PC ver. comes first for me though. in which case, i probably
just skip both versions of the Wii U and Vita...lol.
:cat:

pikachief
Jul 10, 2012, 10:08 PM
I'd rather have it on... Microsoft Surface!!!

lol which im hoping I one day do :P

Vahne
Dec 2, 2012, 08:19 PM
Both for me really.
For Vita, this basically gives me a reason to actually buy a Vita (a beautiful white one preferably). I also want a Vita for the PS3 ports and some of the nice exclusives that interest me like Project Diva f (though I think that's going to PS3 soon...) and Soul Sacrifice. But basically PSO2 is the main reason to own a Vita.
For Wii U, this game could nicely complement the Wii U system. Many PSO fans played on Gamecube and it'd just feel nice to be able to play a PSO game again on a Nintendo console. And I really don't understand all this "Nintendo ruins franchises" bull. How many of you have played enough 3rd party games on a Nintendo console and actually know what you are talking about? If you want to blame anyone, blame the third parties who made stupid choices with their franchises. Nintendo has nothing to do with it. If you believe otherwise, I feel sorry for you.

EDIT: Besides, being able to play the game on a console with an additional screen that can be used for various things will help free up my capable enough PC to do other things.
And I just noticed I necro'd this...woops, sorry.

moorebounce
Dec 2, 2012, 08:27 PM
Neither for me. PC version for me. I would actually buy a Wii-U for PSO2.

Gold Saw
Dec 2, 2012, 09:20 PM
PC version. Although If I didn't have a PC It would be vita version all the way. I don't even want to remember that the WiiU exists.

Laxedrane
Dec 2, 2012, 09:39 PM
If a Wii U version of the game existed I would play that. Pc just barely is able to play this be nicer to do so with better graphics on a system that I might actually use.

Cyron Tanryoku
Dec 2, 2012, 09:45 PM
Because I have a Wii U myself, I'd pick Wii U.
However, Vita would be the better choice as you get to play it on the go. That's way better than playing in on a TV, which you can do with a laptop and an HDMI cable anyway.

I have no doubts of the game running and looking good on the Wii U either if it were to happen.

Sammickk
Dec 3, 2012, 10:29 AM
I'd rather play it on my PC.

Not much interest in consoles anymore.

The more modern the console, the less games I own for it. Not much point in dipping 200+ bucks in a console to play 3 or 4 mothership titles that last 20-30 hours each.

Sadly this is pretty much true for me as well, allota of the BIG titles are starting to be release on Steam nowdays and since I have way better hardware in my PC than ANY console out there..... why would i want to play on a Console? And i have no interest in playing hand helds..

i will raise my hand in admission of guilt as i do buy nintendo's cosoles for the Big titles. >_> Super mario brothers Wii was soooo much fun.

SO since i would vote for niether,.....i'll look at it from profitable view. uhhh the Wii U version over vita i guess?? since it would attract more players??? I dunno though nintendo definatley won the money war but as for quality new games no, but from a profit standpoint i suppose nintendo. i actually don't personally know anyone who has a Vita, but i know plenty who have a wii, and have plans to buy a Wii U.

I do have a question though.... how would Wii U or Vita Handle update content? what if the game grows past the HDD space needed? does the U have a swappable upgradeable HDD ? and what options does the vita have?

jooozek
Dec 3, 2012, 10:38 AM
Vita is pretty much dead so yeah, I'd rather want a WiiU version.

Revlis-Desilver
Dec 3, 2012, 10:52 AM
Vita is pretty much dead so yeah, I'd rather want a WiiU version.

I'd have to disagree with you about the vita being dead, I don't think its even got out of the starting blocks. but that's just my opinion.

I'm glad its coming out on the Vita, I don't think I could warrant buying another console for 1 game.

Cyrusnagisa
Dec 3, 2012, 10:54 AM
I swear it never fails, every time Wii or Wii U is brought of in a "should it come out for X system" people say thinks like "oh hell no motion controls suck" and my question is, why do people have to shoehorn motion controls all the time, there are plenty of good games for Wii that do not use motion at all, and they could port it to Wii U and do nothing more then use the touch screen as a keyboard.

That said I would like to see it on both, that way I could play on PC, my nephew could play on the Wii U and then it would be on Vita for my "away" missions ;p

Akaimizu
Dec 3, 2012, 11:37 AM
Actually, that's the thing. Wii U is actually Nintendo's push towards more non-motion control gameplay to go along with what they established with the Wii. Now its time for more physical controllers and dual screen play.

To a degree, in some ways the Dual screen approach is probably the best hardware support you can give to Dungeon Hacker or Lootfest RPGs. Especially if they are multiplayer. It gives you a better interface to manipulate equips and keep a tab on your stats without having to even pause the action or hold up your friends. They are also free to demand a certain amount of memory space just like the HD standards so space limitations are also not an issue. Fortunately for Wii U, it's much much cheaper to get the space you need than the Vita.

NoiseHERO
Dec 3, 2012, 11:47 AM
I'd so get a Wii-U for this.

[Ayumi]
Dec 3, 2012, 12:31 PM
I rather have it on PS3 and/or 360 as I'm not getting a Wii U for another year, lol.

Alenoir
Dec 3, 2012, 12:32 PM
I'd rather drag around a Vita than the WiiU if I'm on the go. No need for a WiiU when I can just use my computer at home. .-.

Cyrusnagisa
Dec 3, 2012, 12:43 PM
I'd rather drag around a Vita than the WiiU if I'm on the go. No need for a WiiU when I can just use my computer at home. .-.

just to make sure people are aware, as I have seen it a lot elsewhere, the Wii U is not a handheld in any way shape or form, you can not even go 2 rooms away from the console with the game pad.

but again yeah I would love to see it on PS3/Vita/WiiU the more ways people can log in the better for this game, just leave Xbox 360 out since Microsoft does not want to play with others -.- and our servers will be separated enough as is.

Alenoir
Dec 3, 2012, 12:45 PM
just to make sure people are aware, as I have seen it a lot elsewhere, the Wii U is not a handheld in any way shape or form, you can not even go 2 rooms away from the console with the game pad.
Didn't stop this guy (http://en.rocketnews24.com/2012/11/26/we-take-our-new-wii-u-for-a-ride-on-a-bullet-train-works-like-a-charm/) from trying to go portable with it. >_>

Vintasticvin
Dec 3, 2012, 12:56 PM
Hands down I would prefer a vita over Wii-U for the sole fact of discreet portability and the thought of getting my gaming fix while on the run or on the crapper, or even in the woods! :D

Cagedtaytay
Dec 3, 2012, 03:02 PM
Vita definently. If you're not at home and you have internet wherever you are, you can play PSO2 where you're at, since PC and Vita share the same servers + characters + game.

Wii U is nice, but I'm not gonna trouble myself with all those wires constantly having to be plugged in and out if Im on the go.

Angelo
Dec 3, 2012, 03:55 PM
Would probably work better on the Wii-U.

Four triggers, clickable joysticks, full set of buttons, touch-screen for the hotbar, and stylus-style aiming (like Metroid Prime Hunters) for TPS mode.

A lot of advantages there...

I'm far from being on the Wii-U bandwagon, but the features it does have works well for this particular game.

I mean I think PSO2 on the Vita sounds really cool, but I'm not really sure how it's going to work without L2, R2, R3, or L3.

gamfreak1218
Dec 3, 2012, 05:09 PM
Wii U for sure. Vita is nice, but it's library is gonna be crap compared to the variety that Wii U is going to offer. A Wii U version might promote more copies as well, since more people will probably have a Wii U than Vita. Plus, I already have a Wii U. The dual screen use could be very useful as well for hot keys and other data I'd want to know at a glance...

Both versions would be nice, but if I had to choose, Wii U.

Ce'Nedra
Dec 3, 2012, 05:12 PM
Wii U personally, doubt I will ever get a Vita and Wii U is around the corner, just waiting for it to arrive. It also improves my chance to play with a few friends since they don't have PC's to handle PSO2 or Vita.s

NoiseHERO
Dec 3, 2012, 05:34 PM
Didn't stop this guy (http://en.rocketnews24.com/2012/11/26/we-take-our-new-wii-u-for-a-ride-on-a-bullet-train-works-like-a-charm/) from trying to go portable with it. >_>

/slow clap

yoshiblue
Dec 3, 2012, 05:40 PM
Impressive stuff. I'd say the Wii U. But why stop there? Why not the Wii Vita?

BIG OLAF
Dec 3, 2012, 06:44 PM
If I had to pick one, the Vita, because I think the Wii U is goddamn stupid.

I'll never own either console, but hey!

Noblewine
Dec 3, 2012, 06:48 PM
I rather it stay on the pc but I the game will probably be fun on other platforms.

Cyrusnagisa
Dec 4, 2012, 08:29 PM
If I had to pick one, the Vita, because I think the Wii U is goddamn stupid.

I'll never own either console, but hey!

Well then I guess the Vita and smart phones and the 3DS are stupid as well, pretty much the same thing.

as some have said, yeah why just one system, release it for PS3, Vita, Wii U, and if Microsoft would play nice for once (yeah right) the 360, although I would more then bet PS02 will not be considered for PS3 or 360, but more on their next version, as though will be more powerful, and the game can last longer on them along with PC.

Lumpen Thingy
Dec 4, 2012, 09:20 PM
Wii U because that console will have Nintendo games I would actually want to play while the vita exclusives...not so much

BIG OLAF
Dec 4, 2012, 09:39 PM
Well then I guess the Vita and smart phones and the 3DS are stupid as well, pretty much the same thing.

I don't contest your statements. I do, indeed, think those are all pretty stupid, too. Especially smartphones. God, they make people such mindless idiots, gawking at their screens all day. Shit, the other day while I was working, some woman was looking at her smartphone whilst going down a 60 MPH highway, with her very young daughter in the passenger seat. I've seen so many similar instances of that sort of thing, too. I mean goddamn what-

Ahem...but, if I had to pick any of them, I'd probably get a Vita.

supersonix9
Dec 4, 2012, 09:45 PM
There will not be a Wii U version, so this is an irrelevant argument.

Seraphus
Dec 4, 2012, 09:47 PM
I don't contest your statements. I do, indeed, think those are all pretty stupid, too. Especially smartphones. God, they make people such mindless idiots, gawking at their screens all day. Shit, the other day while I was working, some woman was looking at her smartphone whilst going down a 60 MPH highway, with her very young daughter in the passenger seat. I've seen so many similar instances of that sort of thing, too. I mean goddamn what-

Ahem...but, if I had to pick any of them, I'd probably get a Vita.
You know, people still did that with texting on dumbphones. Let's just add in that you should feel that way about computers too (which are what smartphones are).

I'd go with the Wii U as I would likely get one over the Vita. But I already have a laptop that can play PSO2 at lowest settings if I am in a place with internet for a good period of time. And I would likely be socializing instead if I were not at home.

And you know this for a fact?

Cyrusnagisa
Dec 4, 2012, 09:52 PM

after PSO 2 is released on Vita in Japan, and then world wide for PC and Vita, what would be the reason to just stop there, if the game becomes successful world wide, why not bring the game to as many audiences as they can? your claim is just silly.

supersonix9
Dec 4, 2012, 09:58 PM
after PSO 2 is released on Vita in Japan, and then world wide for PC and Vita, what would be the reason to just stop there, if the game becomes successful world wide, why not bring the game to as many audiences as they can? your claim is just silly.

No, it is fact as of currently known information.

BIG OLAF
Dec 4, 2012, 10:00 PM
Let's just add in that you should feel that way about computers too (which are what smartphones are).

Oh, true. I mean, I know that I, personally, love to browse the internet on my desktop computer whilst driving, shopping, hanging with friends, sitting on the toilet, and just all the time! Smartphones and computer are like the exact same thing.

supersonix9
Dec 4, 2012, 10:02 PM
Oh, true. I mean, I know that I, personally, love to browse the internet on my desktop computer whilst driving, shopping, hanging with friends, sitting on the toilet, and just all the time! Smartphones and computer are like the exact same thing.

You missed the point.

BIG OLAF
Dec 4, 2012, 10:12 PM
Mmmmm no I didn't.

supersonix9
Dec 4, 2012, 10:13 PM
Mmmmm no I didn't.

That's like trying to end an argument by simply saying "I'm right", and then not backing it up with any sort of persuasive evidence.

pikachief
Dec 4, 2012, 10:20 PM
You missed the point.

He sure didn't. He apparently doesn't seem to enjoy the accessibility of the computers that smartphones are because then people get addicted and glued to them and ignore people and responsibilities.

At least that's what I'm sure he meant. I for one really enjoy portables and I love my smartphone, but I put that stuff away when there are people to talk to, things to do, guests to entertain, at the dinner table, etc.

I really like that we can take all this big stuff, make it smaller, more accessible in a variety of situations and places, yet keep most if not all the functions and features intact. It fascinates me that I can play games / watch tv on a wiiU gamepad while someone occupies the TV. Playing a game with almost PS3 graphics on something that fits in my pocket is also crazy-awesome sounding to me (but besides the concept the vita does not interest me)

But in the reasoning why he doesn't like smartphones and other portable devices, which seems more like a personal person-to-person issue to me and not an actual issue with the devices, no they're not the same thing at all.

(at least that's what I got out of it lol)

Alenoir
Dec 4, 2012, 10:23 PM
"If"'s. We can go if's all we want, but there are currently no pointers pointing toward a release of the game on any platforms outside of PC/Vita/smartphone.

supersonix9
Dec 4, 2012, 10:23 PM
He sure didn't. He apparently doesn't seem to enjoy the accessibility of the computers that smartphones are because then people get addicted and glued to them and ignore people and responsibilities.

At least that's what I'm sure he meant. I for one really enjoy portables and I love my smartphone, but I put that stuff away when there are people to talk to, things to do, guests to entertain, at the dinner table, etc.

I really like that we can take all this big stuff, make it smaller, more accessible in a variety of situations and places, yet keep most if not all the functions and features intact. It fascinates me that I can play games / watch tv on a wiiU gamepad while someone occupies the TV. Playing a game with almost PS3 graphics on something that fits in my pocket is also crazy-awesome sounding to me (but besides the concept the vita does not interest me)

But in the reasoning why he doesn't like smartphones and other portable devices, which seems more like a personal person-to-person issue to me and not an actual issue with the devices, no they're not the same thing at all.

(at least that's what I got out of it lol)
"I have an [computer] internet addiction"

- No one ever A lot of people

Cyrusnagisa
Dec 4, 2012, 10:52 PM
"If"'s. We can go if's all we want, but there are currently no pointers pointing toward a release of the game on any platforms outside of PC/Vita/smartphone.

even though the OP seems to want a Wii U version instead of a Vita version (witch is a little silly since the Vita version is already almost out) There is nothing wrong with talking about it being on other systems and the pros/cons of it.

and again, it would be out right stupid to not want your game to reach as many people as it can. If the game does good on PC and Vita, why would they not bring it to other systems? If companies did not have that mentality, there would have been a lot less games out back in the Nintendo/Master System days.

Ezodagrom
Dec 4, 2012, 11:00 PM
Between Wii U and Vita, I think a Vita version is preferrable for 2 reasons.
First, portability.
Second, if I'm not mistaken, both Wii U and Vita are limited at a max of 32GB storage (while a Hard Drive can be connected to the Wii U through USB, if I'm not mistaken, games can't be played directly from the external hard drive), but since the Vita version has less graphics details than the PC version, files will be smaller. In a Wii U version, files would be as big or almost as big as the PC version, the existence of a Wii U version would be more limiting than the Vita version when it comes to how many updates can be created for PSO2.

EDIT: Nevermind, this is what happens when I don't do my research right. It appears that it can't play games only from SD cards, but it apparently can play games from hard drives.

pikachief
Dec 4, 2012, 11:05 PM
Between Wii U and Vita, I think a Vita version is preferrable for 2 reasons.
First, portability.
Second, if I'm not mistaken, both Wii U and Vita are limited at a max of 32GB storage (while Hard Drives can be connected to the Wii U through USB, if I'm not mistaken, games can't be played directly from the external hard drive), but since the Vita version has less graphics details than the PC version, files will be smaller. In a Wii U version, files would be as big or almost as big as the PC version, the existence of a Wii U version would be more limiting than the Vita version when it comes to how many updates can be created for PSO2.

Wouldn't you be able to start up and play the Wii U version from the console, then it takes the files and info from your Hard drive? Like if the updates were downloaded to a harddrive? I'm pretty sure Nintendo said the Wii U was made in a way that it would be open to MMO's and I don't think they'd make it that way if they wanted it to be open to MMOs

Ezodagrom
Dec 4, 2012, 11:11 PM
Wouldn't you be able to start up and play the Wii U version from the console, then it takes the files and info from your Hard drive? Like if the updates were downloaded to a harddrive? I'm pretty sure Nintendo said the Wii U was made in a way that it would be open to MMO's and I don't think they'd make it that way if they wanted it to be open to MMOs
Nevermind what I said, this is what happens when I don't do my research right. It appears that it can't play games only from SD cards, but it apparently can play games from hard drives.

Gold Saw
Dec 5, 2012, 12:00 AM
even though the OP seems to want a Wii U version instead of a Vita version (witch is a little silly since the Vita version is already almost out) There is nothing wrong with talking about it being on other systems and the pros/cons of it.

and again, it would be out right stupid to not want your game to reach as many people as it can. If the game does good on PC and Vita, why would they not bring it to other systems? If companies did not have that mentality, there would have been a lot less games out back in the Nintendo/Master System days.

I would actually love if they came out with a PS3 version that was on the same servers as the PC. I play on PC but it would make it so much easier for me to play with my friends who don't own PCs.
Also I think a better topic name would be "What console would you like PSO2 on." Having only the Vita(its already coming out on that) and especially the Wii U seems kind of dumb. Since the xbox and ps3 are way more popular and more way better suitors for the game.

ShadowDragon28
Dec 5, 2012, 12:08 AM
If after we get an "Episode 2" (hypothetically) It'd be awesome for a PSO 2 Ep I&II for the Wii-U, that would be awesome. With special features for the game-pad tablet, like touch screen Tech casting, putting the area map on the screen... would be awesome IMO.

Aquayoshi
Dec 5, 2012, 12:24 AM
To me it'd be awesome if they got this on Wii U as well as Vita and PC (because I'm a huge Nintendo fan). I don't see it happening, though. Making the Vita, smartphone, and PC versions work together is probably hard enough-- add in another system with (probably, I'm just guessing here) a completely different architecture and problems are bound to pop up. The last time a PS game was on a Nintendo system was PSZero on the DS, and judging by which portable system Sega stuck with, I doubt another PS game will show up on a Nintendo console or portable any time soon. It's too bad, really, I really would enjoy a Phantasy Star game on my 3DS.

Emeraldcat89
Dec 5, 2012, 12:39 AM
I'll get a vita for the fact that my computer won't work well with a game like that ( and I'm in love with this games already ).

Seraphus
Dec 5, 2012, 12:52 AM

Smartphones are computers and that is a fact, or should I go into more detail on what a computer is? Driving and shopping are the only thing desktops/laptops (maybe not even driving for laptops) don't cut in to. My main point is that you have a problem with cellphones (unless you include the old, no display, bulky cellphones), so you shouldn't have unneeded hatred towards smartphones and mobile devices. But actually, you have a problem with people as that is the root of it all. So yes, you did miss the point.

Also, the statement "PSO2 will not come to the Wii U" is false/not fact. The statement "PSO2 is currently not planned to release on platforms other than PC/Vita" is true/fact. One of the main reason PSO2 isn't released on other platforms, is the update policy for consoles. Not sure what the PS3/Vita' or Wii U's are but it definitely won't be coming to 360.

Cyrusnagisa
Dec 5, 2012, 01:29 PM
as a note about the update policies, Nintendo offers "no fee" updating for their service. Here is one of the many articles about it.

http://www.kotaku.com.au/2012/12/indie-friendly-eshop-restores-developers-faith-in-consoles/

Akaimizu
Dec 5, 2012, 02:43 PM
as a note about the update policies, Nintendo offers "no fee" updating for their service. Here is one of the many articles about it.

http://www.kotaku.com.au/2012/12/indie-friendly-eshop-restores-developers-faith-in-consoles/

Sounds great. I know they are currently working out those kinks though. Right now, the update process with Sega All Stars Racing Transformed was defiinitely going slower than expected, from Nintendo's side. Then again, I would assume this is more doing with startup pains of adopting this new system. That, and probably waiting for Nintendo's recent system update before new game patches go out.

Hopefully, in the future, the fast turn-around that they advertise here will fully be in place. To a degree, this is the first true official challenge to Xbox Live on a free service. I'm definitely game for it doing well because it would push everybody else (including Microsoft) to improve on services without forcing cost to the player just to play online.

JamesM
Dec 7, 2012, 01:19 PM
Considering the new rumors of Nintendo buying SEGA...
http://www.zeldainformer.com/news/comments/rumor-nintendo-is-seriously-considering-purchasing-sega

Akaimizu
Dec 7, 2012, 01:34 PM
Those aren't New Rumors. They've been rumors for a long time. Since they never really completely stopped, it's hard to say when the old ones stopped and the new ones arrived.

blace
Dec 7, 2012, 01:38 PM
A quote from the link:

Rumor: Nintendo is Seriously Considering Purchasing Sega :: Zelda Informer (http://www.zeldainformer.com/news/comments/rumor-nintendo-is-seriously-considering-purchasing-sega)

How serious is serious? This was speculation years in the making and the two companies have been separate.

Ezodagrom
Dec 7, 2012, 01:44 PM
Considering the new rumors of Nintendo buying SEGA...
http://www.zeldainformer.com/news/comments/rumor-nintendo-is-seriously-considering-purchasing-sega
As a PC gamer, I really wouldn't like that, since it would be the end of multiplatform SEGA games. :|

JamesM
Dec 7, 2012, 02:16 PM
This new rumor is about this year E3 when a Nintendo Rep said: "It would be a great exclusive addition to the Nintendo brand and something that we’re always up to discussing."

Clessy
Dec 7, 2012, 02:32 PM
How about a real system? PS3 or 360.

Wii U cmon what a pos console.

pikachief
Dec 7, 2012, 02:43 PM
How about a real system? PS3 or 360.

Wii U cmon what a pos console.

Yea I mean, it can't even play Arkham Asylum, Assassin's Creed 3, or Black Ops 2 like those can. Seriously, the WiiU can't compete with PS3 or 360 on any level. It's also totally not next gen despite it being the next generation nintendo console. /s

Anyways, Everything seems to fit perfectly for WiiU, at least to me. MMO-Friendly, touch screen, free updates, external Hard Drives up to 1 TB. Still, I'd still be surprised if it makes it. But still hopeful!

blace
Dec 7, 2012, 03:47 PM
The one thing I can say that Nintendo can't do right is their naming. Nintendo Entertainment System, Super Nintendo Entertainment System, Nintendo 64, Gameboy, Gameboy Pocket, Gameboy Color, Gameboy Advance, Gameboy Advance SP, Gameboy Advance Micro, DS, DS lite, DSi, DSi XL, 3DS, 3DS XL, Wii and Wii U.

With Sony at least you could tell what was later in the series, Playstation, Playstation 2, Playstation 3, Playstation Portable and Playstation Vita.

Microsoft only released two consoles, but even then you could tell the difference; Xbox and Xbox 360.

It's bad enough as is they reuse the same name from a previous model, but barely do anything to make it stand out that it's a completely different thing is pretty terrible. Look at all their Gameboys, pretty much the same all around with the steady growth from 8-bit to 32-bit before moving on to a new handheld that didn't have the name Gameboy tacked on.

The bolded parts are just the consoles that were really unneeded even though they improved on the design of the console.

Blastifyys
Dec 7, 2012, 03:52 PM
indeed i ldo love me some nintendo games espically vewitful joe that was a great game including super mario smah bros but i would like it on ps vita

yoshiblue
Dec 7, 2012, 06:48 PM
Would be cool on the Wii U if you could control the chopper(Pelican or gunship?) and fly around to shoot stuff, drop off the heal and repel stations or even fly around and give support during boss battles. Or just do the fighting outside the area as if you giving them aerial support to keep other mobs from helping the boss. Maybe fly zone to zone so you can help multiple parties across your server/ship. Show some animation under the campship so you can see a friend or dood roaming around with the choppers.

The Walrus
Dec 7, 2012, 07:00 PM
All I'd want from a Wii U version is the HUD on the gamepad screen really. Ok maybe default hp bars on the tv but other than that it'd be great.

Clessy
Dec 7, 2012, 08:03 PM
Yea I mean, it can't even play Arkham Asylum, Assassin's Creed 3, or Black Ops 2 like those can. Seriously, the WiiU can't compete with PS3 or 360 on any level. It's also totally not next gen despite it being the next generation nintendo console. /s

Anyways, Everything seems to fit perfectly for WiiU, at least to me. MMO-Friendly, touch screen, free updates, external Hard Drives up to 1 TB. Still, I'd still be surprised if it makes it. But still hopeful!

Its 2005 hardware at 2005 prices in 2012. Thats it issue. Being able to play the games I can play on my 7 year old xbox and ps3 isnt impressive and it sure as hell isnt impressive at $350.

AfroTheGreat
Dec 7, 2012, 08:23 PM
Diffently the wii U! that would be awesome

Seraphus
Dec 8, 2012, 02:42 AM
Its 2005 hardware at 2005 prices in 2012. Thats it issue. Being able to play the games I can play on my 7 year old xbox and ps3 isnt impressive and it sure as hell isnt impressive at $350.

Except it's not. Please stop pulling stuff out of your ass.

Clessy
Dec 8, 2012, 08:51 AM
Except it's not. Please stop pulling stuff out of your ass.

Except it is. Its a 1.4ghz power pc cpu paired with a low end dx10 equvilant to that of the 360's gpu. The only area the Wii would have an advantage is its 2Gb of ram is massively bigger than ps3's 256mb and 360 512mb. Then the issue comes that the ram they're using runs at a much slower clock speed.

Maybe you're the one who's pulling stuff out of your ass.

Its pretty cmon sense just looking at the Wii you that you can tell its mostly on par with ps3 and 360.

Cyrusnagisa
Dec 8, 2012, 11:56 AM
Except it is. Its a 1.4ghz power pc cpu paired with a low end dx10 equvilant to that of the 360's gpu. The only area the Wii would have an advantage is its 2Gb of ram is massively bigger than ps3's 256mb and 360 512mb. Then the issue comes that the ram they're using runs at a much slower clock speed.

Maybe you're the one who's pulling stuff out of your ass.

Its pretty cmon sense just looking at the Wii you that you can tell its mostly on par with ps3 and 360.

again stop pulling info out your ass and making things up, have you even played the system or are you just going by "specs" (that are not even confirmed) that you find online?

I own and have played the system myself, Assassin's Creed 3, Batman, and Tekken Tag 2 work perfectly, Mass Effect 3 has a little slow down, but that is even on the PS3 and 360 -.- the one that seems to have frame rate problems is Black OPS2 and that is only because they rushed the porting of it -.-

People like you really need to get off the Nintendo hate train, it is starting to make the lot of you look ridiculous.

So again, what is the problem with porting PSO2 to Wii U or even other systems like PS3? None, the game would be scaled like it was on Vita, and everything else would be the same. I bet you would not even see any touch controls for the Wii U version except for keyboard emulation or something.

Aewyn
Dec 8, 2012, 04:46 PM
Talk about a pointless thing to argue about. Relax, kids.

Clessy
Dec 11, 2012, 09:52 AM
again stop pulling info out your ass and making things up, have you even played the system or are you just going by "specs" (that are not even confirmed) that you find online?

I own and have played the system myself, Assassin's Creed 3, Batman, and Tekken Tag 2 work perfectly, Mass Effect 3 has a little slow down, but that is even on the PS3 and 360 -.- the one that seems to have frame rate problems is Black OPS2 and that is only because they rushed the porting of it -.-

People like you really need to get off the Nintendo hate train, it is starting to make the lot of you look ridiculous.

So again, what is the problem with porting PSO2 to Wii U or even other systems like PS3? None, the game would be scaled like it was on Vita, and everything else would be the same. I bet you would not even see any touch controls for the Wii U version except for keyboard emulation or something.

So again you're saying its ON par with 360/ps3. Great thats not next gen to me. If it didnt have the lame gimmick of the touch pad the system could cost so much less. The Wii U issue is its price. Its outdated hardware and soon ps4/nexbox will be coming out. They'll offer better hardware for probably around the same price as a wii u. I'd of totally been fine with buying outdated hardware to get some exclusive had they of sold it at the price the techs worth. I also in no way want to use the tablet controller with any game. They could made a bundle for $200 or less with just a pro controller and i'd of been fine.

I dont buy systems for gimmicks I buy systems for games and granted its early on but most reviews are calling the wii u versions of multi platform games the worse of the 3. So whats the point? What exclusive am I just dying by not having right now?

Cyrusnagisa
Dec 11, 2012, 10:12 AM
So again you're saying its ON par with 360/ps3. Great thats not next gen to me. If it didnt have the lame gimmick of the touch pad the system could cost so much less. The Wii U issue is its price. Its outdated hardware and soon ps4/nexbox will be coming out. They'll offer better hardware for probably around the same price as a wii u. I'd of totally been fine with buying outdated hardware to get some exclusive had they of sold it at the price the techs worth. I also in no way want to use the tablet controller with any game. They could made a bundle for $200 or less with just a pro controller and i'd of been fine.

I dont buy systems for gimmicks I buy systems for games and granted its early on but most reviews are calling the wii u versions of multi platform games the worse of the 3. So whats the point? What exclusive am I just dying by not having right now?

I love my PS3 and my 360 for the games I play on them, but I do not underestimate my Wii U because of it's controller or power.

It is only a gimmick if it is needless, and from what I have played so far, it is far from a gimmick as was the wiimote. Both Wiimote and Gamepad have brought new/different ways to play games, if you don't like them, fine, that is why the system offers the pro controller, and if you still do not like that, then fine. Just because you think it is "pointless" or a "gimmick" does not make it true. Besides you really think the next Sony and MS console will be in the price range of the Wii U? lol......yeah now you are dreaming, also do not expect that much of a graphics jump next gen.

Clessy
Dec 11, 2012, 10:35 AM
I love my PS3 and my 360 for the games I play on them, but I do not underestimate my Wii U because of it's controller or power.

It is only a gimmick if it is needless, and from what I have played so far, it is far from a gimmick as was the wiimote. Both Wiimote and Gamepad have brought new/different ways to play games, if you don't like them, fine, that is why the system offers the pro controller, and if you still do not like that, then fine. Just because you think it is "pointless" or a "gimmick" does not make it true. Besides you really think the next Sony and MS console will be in the price range of the Wii U? lol......yeah now you are dreaming, also do not expect that much of a graphics jump next gen.

I except the next xbox to be insanely expensive. However I cant even imagine how Sony can afford to have a expensive system. They've gone from a 110 billion dollar company to a less than10 billion dollar company and every division they have is failing.

Anon_Fire
Dec 11, 2012, 11:48 AM
I except the next xbox to be insanely expensive. However I cant even imagine how Sony can afford to have a expensive system. They've gone from a 110 billion dollar company to a less than10 billion dollar company and every division they have is failing.

Because the PS3 sold terrible at launch.

Cagedtaytay
Dec 11, 2012, 12:32 PM
Because the PS3 sold terrible at launch.

And they had free online play...
Which caused them to have shitty security....
Which got them hacked and breached...
And they were warned that it would happen...

So I can see why they are failing.

pikachief
Dec 11, 2012, 12:35 PM
thats not next gen to me.

Next gen = Next Generation of Consoles. and as far as I know the Wii U is the next generation Nintendo Console. The WiiU would be next gen if it had N64 graphics and didn't have internet, whether you like it or not.

Anon_Fire
Dec 11, 2012, 12:44 PM

Let me remind you that graphics don't make a console next-gen. Here's a little breakdown for you incase you forgot.

In Nintendo's case:

1st Gen: Nintendo Color TV game
2nd Gen: N/A
3rd Gen: NES/Famicom
4th Gen: SNES/Super Famicom
5th Gen: N64
6th Gen: Gamecube
7th Gen: Wii
8th Gen: Wii U

DS23
Dec 11, 2012, 01:53 PM
Fuck yeah port begging!

Ryo
Dec 11, 2012, 02:14 PM

Bold added for emphasis. The Wii U is being sold for less than the tech is worth. It's being sold at a loss (http://www.joystiq.com/2012/10/25/wii-u-will-sell-at-a-loss-from-launch/) (albeit a razor thin loss, but a loss nonetheless).

It seems to me that you really don't know much about the Wii U. I could accept your criticisms if they were at least well-informed.

Back on point though, how could PSO2 being on more platforms ever hurt it? It'd just bring more people to the game, thus extending its life. I don't really see a downside to a platform that's more than capable of running it (at least more than the Vita, at a minimum) being allowed to join in on the fun.

Also, with regard to exclusives, Nintendo consoles are the only consoles around that are guaranteed to have stellar exclusives.

Have you ever played a god-awful Zelda?

Me neither.

SolRiver
Dec 11, 2012, 03:38 PM
if i have to choose between those two... Not that I care it being on console though.

wii-u, I can play it on the airplane. I certainly can't travel oversea with my desktop. Would hate to play on laptop. So definitely wii-u use for me here.

vita? maybe if vita is cheaper, or if japanese dev actually willing to bring games like valkyria chronicle 3 to state side. Spending 200+ dollars for 1 game seem kind of... wasteful.

I am honestly loving my wii-u right now. I thought it was going to be so-so before I get it, but only end up liking it more as it go.

(and lol, you guys have too much energy/time to spend arguing on consoles)

dooby613
Dec 11, 2012, 03:58 PM
Wii U is easily the best option, especially for those of us who are used to playing with a controller on the PC.

The Vita has a touch screen which could work for pressing numbered actions in that palette but it is missing the L2/R2, L3/R3 (using ps3 controller terminology here)buttons and have to have some sort of work around.
The PS3 has not fast way of using the palettes like the Vita would and going through and highlighting a specific palette option is something I rarely do, maybe others do.

The Wii U includes the best of both worlds including a touch screen along with all the typical controller buttons.

On a side note, some of us like better graphics...so again Wii U would be best if it were to go to only one other platform.

TBH I'd like to see it on anything and everything.

Cyrusnagisa
Dec 11, 2012, 04:33 PM
Wii U is easily the best option, especially for those of us who are used to playing with a controller on the PC.

The Vita has a touch screen which could work for pressing numbered actions in that palette but it is missing the L2/R2, L3/R3 (using ps3 controller terminology here)buttons and have to have some sort of work around.
The PS3 has not fast way of using the palettes like the Vita would and going through and highlighting a specific palette option is something I rarely do, maybe others do.

The Wii U includes the best of both worlds including a touch screen along with all the typical controller buttons.

On a side note, some of us like better graphics...so again Wii U would be best if it were to go to only one other platform.

TBH I'd like to see it on anything and everything.

I agree once the Vita version is out, if they could only choose one system to go to, I would like it to be the Wii U version. Also it would be cheaper on Sega's end, Sony and Microsoft charge on average 40k to update games on PSN/XBL Nintendo has stated that this service will be free on their end.

Middle
Dec 11, 2012, 06:23 PM
definatly Wii U cause I have one and no Vita.

Cagedtaytay
Dec 11, 2012, 08:04 PM
Seeing all these arguments, and the fact you could just bring your WiiU anywhere and plug it into a power slot and play on the controller, with no need for a TV...
Im changing my opinion from a Vita, to a WiiU.

Like...I've seen some really great stuff from WiiU and I would definently prefer PSO2 to come to WiiU.

Cyrusnagisa
Dec 11, 2012, 09:51 PM
Seeing all these arguments, and the fact you could just bring your WiiU anywhere and plug it into a power slot and play on the controller, with no need for a TV...
Im changing my opinion from a Vita, to a WiiU.

Like...I've seen some really great stuff from WiiU and I would definently prefer PSO2 to come to WiiU.

That is one thing people seem to be the most misinformed about, just to get it out there, you can not do that with all games, just ones that do not use the touch screen much (like Mario), or games that have alternate controls (like Batman), but games like Zombi U, you can not play that on just the Gamepad.

Now PSO2 could easily just give two options, one for Gamepad only, or use the gamepad as a keyboard and play on TV. Something like that could be done.

Grifs Astoni
Dec 11, 2012, 10:03 PM
Vita for me, although that's mostly because I already have one. I don't wanna spend money atm luls.

Husq
Dec 12, 2012, 07:50 AM
Back on point though, how could PSO2 being on more platforms ever hurt it? It'd just bring more people to the game, thus extending its life. I don't really see a downside to a platform that's more than capable of running it (at least more than the Vita, at a minimum) being allowed to join in on the fun.

I just read on bump how the vita version is "optimised". And I think that is a concern for further development for the PC version. If anything close platforms, like Wii U and PSvita, could set limits on how much PSO2 could evolve.
One thing mentioned that caught my attention is, if PC gamers joins with the vita crowed they also would get the benefits and cuts that the vita version offers, i.e. faster enemy encounters, smaller maps aso.

Alenoir
Dec 12, 2012, 08:13 AM

They would just be using the control scheme from the Portable series. Won't be THAT much different from what we have currently.

I just read on bump how the vita version is "optimised". And I think that is a concern for further development for the PC version. If anything close platforms, like Wii U and PSvita, could set limits on how much PSO2 could evolve.

Vita players are locked to their own blocks, so it wouldn't hinder PC development, since things can be NOT implemented for those blocks.

Akaimizu
Dec 12, 2012, 09:43 AM
I see. So if that is the case, while you only can play with others using the same platform at the time, it still allows you to use the same character. Clever.

ttdestroy
Dec 12, 2012, 10:07 AM
Vita, I can already play PSO2 at home, why would I want 2 versions?

Honestly I don't understand(from a business aspect) why Sega chose the Vita, just not a whole lot of them in the hands of consumers. I like the Vita, but business wise, seems like a dumb idea.

Alenoir
Dec 12, 2012, 11:03 AM
Vita, I can already play PSO2 at home, why would I want 2 versions?

Honestly I don't understand(from a business aspect) why Sega chose the Vita, just not a whole lot of them in the hands of consumers. I like the Vita, but business wise, seems like a dumb idea.

SEGA's throwing effort into Vita in general, so it's to be expected.

Clessy
Dec 12, 2012, 06:57 PM
Bold added for emphasis. The Wii U is being sold for less than the tech is worth. It's being sold at a loss (http://www.joystiq.com/2012/10/25/wii-u-will-sell-at-a-loss-from-launch/) (albeit a razor thin loss, but a loss nonetheless).

It seems to me that you really don't know much about the Wii U. I could accept your criticisms if they were at least well-informed.

Also, with regard to exclusives, Nintendo consoles are the only consoles around that are guaranteed to have stellar exclusives.

Have you ever played a god-awful Zelda?

Me neither.I know its selling at a loss. The controller is what cause the loss. Its not the hardware. Having a giant tablet cost money. The tech is still outdated.

On to the zelda note while I havent ever played a good awful zelda. Nintendo ip's have become very boring. Zelda hasnt been original in ages. To me every 3d zelda is the same game and adding broke motion controls doesnt change that fact. Most people who've gotten to play twlight on GC vs Wii agree the GC version simply handles better. Skyward had some really hard control moments because the wiimote simply isnt sophisticated enough to handle some of the things they wanted to do even with the motion plus.

I love the GC but it had hardly any support. The last truly great thing was the snes.

Also the reasoning Im saying the Wii U version would be stupid is the install base is vastly larger on ps3/360. I know it cost for updates but, I honestly think it would be better on those systems because it would reach more people.

Cyrusnagisa
Dec 12, 2012, 10:57 PM
Also the reasoning Im saying the Wii U version would be stupid is the install base is vastly larger on ps3/360. I know it cost for updates but, I honestly think it would be better on those systems because it would reach more people.

The 360 would be a horrible idea, it would be PSU all over again, and the servers need to be separated the least possible. MS will not let cross server play, it happened with FFXI, but that was a very special case, as in SE would not back down and MS wanted it on the 360.

AfroTheGreat
Dec 12, 2012, 11:05 PM
The WiiU supports HD graphics, idk about vita....besides i really dont see a comparison here. One is a console and the other a handheld device its all about what the buyer prefers. Although it would look alot better and run smoother on the wiiu than the vita, and possibly a computer (that is if you own a horrible computer lol). If it did come out on WiiU i would diffently pick it up, because of the online forums on there, as well as the online is getting better than xbox...so far I have enjoyed the wiiu more than the xbox simlpy because it runs smoother and faster, and it looks a crap load better graphic wise.

Clessy
Dec 13, 2012, 12:30 AM
The WiiU supports HD graphics, idk about vita....besides i really dont see a comparison here. One is a console and the other a handheld device its all about what the buyer prefers. Although it would look alot better and run smoother on the wiiu than the vita, and possibly a computer (that is if you own a horrible computer lol). If it did come out on WiiU i would diffently pick it up, because of the online forums on there, as well as the online is getting better than xbox...so far I have enjoyed the wiiu more than the xbox simlpy because it runs smoother and faster, and it looks a crap load better graphic wise.

Wii U looks better than xbox? You damn well better be talking about the regular xbox.

Cyrusnagisa
Dec 13, 2012, 12:40 AM
Wii U looks better than xbox? You damn well better be talking about the regular xbox.

I would not say it looks better per se, but it does look as good, and I have noticed games like Batman, Assassin's Creed, and Tekken Tag 2 do look a little better on Wii U. Now not leaps and bounds, but enough to see a small difference.

MetalDude
Dec 13, 2012, 12:42 AM
Considering it matches the capacity of late lifespan 360/PS3 games at launch, uh yeah, the Wii U is kind of better and only gets better from here.

AfroTheGreat
Dec 13, 2012, 03:20 PM
I have a 360 since 2009 and i have loved it, but since i got the wiiu i quit playing my 360. The wiiu is still new and it hasnt got many games on it to push the graphics to the max.

Ryo
Dec 13, 2012, 03:56 PM
I know its selling at a loss. The controller is what cause the loss. Its not the hardware. Having a giant tablet cost money. The tech is still outdated.

On to the zelda note while I havent ever played a good awful zelda. Nintendo ip's have become very boring. Zelda hasnt been original in ages. To me every 3d zelda is the same game and adding broke motion controls doesnt change that fact. Most people who've gotten to play twlight on GC vs Wii agree the GC version simply handles better. Skyward had some really hard control moments because the wiimote simply isnt sophisticated enough to handle some of the things they wanted to do even with the motion plus.

I love the GC but it had hardly any support. The last truly great thing was the snes.

You can't just exclude the controller when referring to the cost of the tech. Also, let's not forget that the Wii U is rendering the game image twice in many scenarios. I guarantee the Xbox 360 couldn't render ACIII twice and not run like molasses.

As far as originality, how original is Halo 4, or CoD BLOPS 2? Microsoft's games are far less imaginitive than Nintendo's, bar none. As for the Twilight Princess, I own both versions, and far prefer the Wii's controls, they were good for their time. Skyward Sword is, in my opinion, the best Zelda game to date and I had literally no issues with the controls.

I loved the SNES too, and I won't argue that it's Nintendo's best console, but the Wii was a fine console in its own right.

The install base is certainly there for other consoles over the Wii U for now, but the ability to provide a quality experience isn't. With MS and Sony making it difficult for the game to be updated it'd just spell bad news for the players.

Like it or not, from a home console perspective, Nintendo's model works best for MMOs.

Taigerr
Dec 13, 2012, 06:18 PM
actually its a genius move by sega to choose vita platform as this series has a history of doing well on handhelds (psp) and it will fill the void for monster hunter fans on vita.... I get frustrated with the lack of games in general but for me its a great sysytem and shouldnt be written off just yet

IMHO makes more sense having a vita pc combo than a wiiu pc combo for very obvious reasons...

also as far as I am aware one of the big attractions for sega was that sony has the least restrictive process with respect to allowing update of games by devs.