PDA

View Full Version : JP PSU Paradi Cataract vs Starlight Cluster & Force SUV Charging Questions

Mystic_Nessly
Jul 10, 2012, 12:52 PM
1) How does the range and power of Starlight Cluster compare with Paradi Cataract? Is Starlight Cluster superior in both range/power?

2) Are Human/Newman forces able charge their SUV by dealing technic attack, or do they only charge by receiving damage?

I ask these questions, because the event is going to end the 19th, I have very low kill points, and I need to decide what to get from the list below.

Answers from those two questions will help. Thanks guys!

4k Ank Kakka
8k Wyn W
10k Starlight Cluster
10k Toroid Panzer
12k Bladed Purgatorio
20k Satellite Ring

Omi
Jul 10, 2012, 01:38 PM
Paradi Cataract is so... whenever the last time it was actually not nerfed. It is essentially
useless unless you want a device that just freezes mobs at the expense of a SUV. Starlight
Cluster is superior to the Cataract in every way currently. Forces can easily charge their
SUV by means of harming mobs with their techniques, being suicidal also will charge it of
course, but I suggest using your techs to charge it. (Sega is evil, but not that evil).They will
make the trade in run for this event permanent, so even if your busy collecting kills at the
last minute you do not have to worry about trading in for the item right when it goes down.

Also, this is important, if you are planning on getting a SUV for you Newman or Human as
you have alluded to do not get Starlight Cluster as this SUV is Cast only and you will not be
able to use it. If you want a pretty decent Human/Newman SUV, I do suggest the Toroid
Panzer, as it 1) has a cool name, 2) does decent damage (even though the damage of all
SUVs is based off of ATP), and 3) it is useful even if you do not kill the mobs as it causes Stun
SE.

Mystic_Nessly
Jul 10, 2012, 01:56 PM
I thought that Forces charged SUV only by receiving damage. I'm glad to hear that they can also charge by attacking with their techs.

I'm relieved that Starlight Cluster is superior (don't want to have Sturm Buster and Paradi Cataract wasting spots anymore). And thank you for the warning about Starlight Cluster. Don't worry, I was intending on getting it for a cast.

I've decided to shoot for 20k to get both Starlight Cluster and Toroid Panzer. Although Starlight Cluster will be used much more frequently (shared between my 2 cast characters), the Toroid Panzer will be very useful for my non-GAS'ed Masterforce, especially against bosses.

Thanks for the detailed and fast reponse Omi!

Omi
Jul 10, 2012, 02:21 PM
No problem, good luck getting the 20k points, although I guess there is always spamming
MAG 2nd C rank the last day to catch up if need be lol. Also, of course the most commonly
used SUVs would be Ares Espada (Cast - Account Bound) and Mars Espada (Human/Newman
- Not Account Bound), as they tend to rip through most mobs provided the mobs don't
move before the SUV actually hits >< lol. However, I find myself straying away from the
"mainstream path" myself as far as SUVs are concerned (Starlight Cluster has a really cool
looking aura). Anyway, I guess I shall get on PSU as PSO2 is about to fall victim to EMERGENCY
CODE: RANDOM 12 HOUR MAINTENANCE, maybe I will see ya around sometime.

Mystic_Nessly
Jul 10, 2012, 11:09 PM
Just got the Starlight Cluster. It deals almost twice the damage of Paradi Cataract, it lasts longer and it looks cooler. :} Well worth the effort.

It took several hours over the past week running Ark to the Future on C-B to get that first 10k. Still need tons more points though!

I'm trying to get some c-rank speed runs going for MAG 2 which yields many more points if there are multiple people running it. If anyone is interested, please see my player matchup thread here:
http://www.pso-world.com/forums/showthread.php?p=2799871#post2799871