PDA

View Full Version : [`] Clone of Oneself or Friend [`]

Lyrik
Jul 10, 2012, 03:58 PM
So I know you can bring a clone of your friend with you because I've seen it in videos and I have a clone of two of my friends, but not the others. How do you get/make/give clones? And can you have a clone of yourself to bring along?

Rowe
Jul 10, 2012, 04:21 PM
Use this (http://bumped.org/psublog/pso2-friend-partners/) guide to make a Friend Partner copy of yourself.

Note, this will copy you as you are at the very moment you hit the finish button, so when you level up or get new armors, weapons, etc., you need to go back and update it. Of course, your friends will need to do this too if you want to play with them.

Other things to note:
Your Friend Partner self will only use one weapon, as far as I've seen. It's always the weapon that's in Slot 1 of your weapon palette, and with the PAs you've set on it. For Forces, I'm not sure if they'll also use Techs that you set to the sub-palette.

Also, you can't add your own Friend Partner NPC to your party, but if you're playing with a friend, they can add you and you can add them, effectively letting you play with two of each of you.

Seraphea
Jul 10, 2012, 05:39 PM
On a side note, I noticed if you by chance do a second character, your main (supposing you've set up your main as the friend partner) appears on the friend partner list.

I didn't grab it at the time since, ofc, it gives you no FUN points, so not sure if you could actually invite it. And since the maintenance is going on I can't check atm.

Wolfgrey666
Jul 10, 2012, 05:47 PM
Use this (http://bumped.org/psublog/pso2-friend-partners/) guide to make a Friend Partner copy of yourself.

Note, this will copy you as you are at the very moment you hit the finish button, so when you level up or get new armors, weapons, etc., you need to go back and update it. Of course, your friends will need to do this too if you want to play with them.

Other things to note:
Your Friend Partner self will only use one weapon, as far as I've seen. It's always the weapon that's in Slot 1 of your weapon palette, and with the PAs you've set on it. For Forces, I'm not sure if they'll also use Techs that you set to the sub-palette.

Also, you can't add your own Friend Partner NPC to your party, but if you're playing with a friend, they can add you and you can add them, effectively letting you play with two of each of you.

For forces mine will use every single spell on my palette of the one card i have set
on it. So mine happily uses Gibarta,rabarta,resta,gizonde,zonde,gifoie, and rafoie.He is a pretty agressive force npc.

As for my ranger he seems to use all the skills i have set to my rifle for all 6 abilities i have currently for my rifle.Perhaps because i have two palettes consisting of only that rifle and rifle arts.

Lyrik
Jul 10, 2012, 09:10 PM
I see, this information is very helpful, thank you all very much.

Hosaka
Jul 10, 2012, 10:20 PM
Friend Partners use subpalette items too. Make sure you have some Star Atomizers set every time you update. :3

arusiasotto
Jul 11, 2012, 05:26 PM
If you delete your character and make a new one, your old character remains as a friend card until you overwrite that slots card with the new one. Ran with myself till level 15 just to screw with people, same name and looks.