PDA

View Full Version : Stories of triumph

Dan Maku
Jul 10, 2012, 04:56 PM
In contrast to disaster stories (http://www.pso-world.com/forums/showthread.php?t=197838), let's talk about our stories of triumph to pass the time and keep ourselves from questioning what we're doing with out lives while waiting for PSO2 to start back up again.

'Tis a minor story, but one worth telling methinks. I was bemoaning the fact that I wouldn't be able to get Zeno's jacket without dropping money on some AC (my financial situation is a touch shaky these past few months). That's when I got an idea: check out the My Shops. Not only did I succeed, but I managed to find those coats for dirt cheap. :D

http://i46.tinypic.com/16rtcl.jpg

Great success.

Vylera
Jul 10, 2012, 04:57 PM
Bought my wedding dress about 8 minutes before servers went down.

Gotta NPC those items fast!

Chik'Tikka
Jul 10, 2012, 04:58 PM
getting level 26 yesterday and having 404 ratk and finally equipping my Alba Laser almost double my damage output+^_^+

also, is your pic just really blown up?? or you not running any AA?+^_^+

TRICKST3R
Jul 10, 2012, 05:06 PM
In contrast to disaster stories (http://www.pso-world.com/forums/showthread.php?t=197838), let's talk about our stories of triumph to pass the time and keep ourselves from questioning what we're doing with out lives while waiting for PSO2 to start back up again.

'Tis a minor story, but one worth telling methinks. I was bemoaning the fact that I wouldn't be able to get Zeno's jacket without dropping money on some AC (my financial situation is a touch shaky these past few months). That's when I got an idea: check out the My Shops. Not only did I succeed, but I managed to find those coats for dirt cheap. :D

http://i46.tinypic.com/16rtcl.jpg

Great success.

I really like those leg units with that outfit.
Balances out the colors. ^^ Cool character~

I hit 18 today, which means I've caught up to my previous character.
My greatest triumph as of late, though? Discovering that I love playing a Force.

xBladeM6x
Jul 10, 2012, 05:08 PM
Went from level 28-31 (almost 32) in one day, and managed to snag an 8* Rifle drop from the Mammoth.

:D

darkante
Jul 10, 2012, 05:09 PM
Hmm..well i just got to experience Tundra today and picked up a sword rare while i were at it, but i havenīt checked what it is yet.
And the first impression with those 2 big mammoths and his gang were omg, but my friend and i did manage it eventually.

Also, i faced one of those Sabertooth with rockbears wannabes messing around at the same time. Fun stuff.

Really iīm glad i can get my ass kicked.
Feels like Monster Hunter all again (although not as lengthy encounters).

Jungo Torii
Jul 10, 2012, 05:11 PM
I got a rappy suit today. Sure, I had to npc a bunch of random items to scrounge the money for it, but I'm still happy.

Also, I learned the joys of having an afro haircut on my character as well as two pairs of shades.

darkante
Jul 10, 2012, 05:17 PM
I wish i didnīt have to buy rappy suits to change colours on the Casts, but ohh well.

Sizustar
Jul 10, 2012, 05:24 PM
Managed to kill this boss before server down~
[SPOILER-BOX]http://www.pso2-uploader.info/uploda/src/up7068.jpg[/SPOILER-BOX]

Scarlet_Rain
Jul 10, 2012, 05:36 PM
Got enough s-atk to equip ragne(?) partisan and mammoth WL right before passing out. Only to wake up to the city emergency in 15 mins announcement :D. Of course, after i went back to sleep i woke up to SERVERS DOWN lol.

BIG OLAF
Jul 10, 2012, 06:09 PM
Romping through Tundra free field with a random guy who joined my party.

We're in Block 2, in a corner of the map. We get a Code: Attack, featuring those frumpy little turtle Darkers. Yawn.

About halfway through killing them, we get another Code: Attack (not a Change Over, though. Just a separate Attack that happens to be in the same exact place), featuring the not-so-frumpy big-ass shield Darkers.

Okay fine. No big deal. So, we keep killing the turtles and the shield-boys, and then here comes the Change Over Code: Duel, featuring the Darkest of Ragnes. Worst part of it was, the other two types of Darkers wouldn't....stop...spawning the entire time we were fighting him.

It was literally Dark Ragne leading an army of Darkers. No less than about 12-25 turtles and 2-3 shield-boys accompanying him at any given moment.

We eventually won (I didn't even die once, though there were a few close calls, dohohoho), but damn....definitely the most intense fight of my PSO2 experience yet.

Tessu
Jul 10, 2012, 06:56 PM
Woohoo, sister thread! :wacko:

I once successfully took down an infected Vol Dragon with only myself and Maloo in the party. It took forever, but I did it. I got hit 4 times total, fed my mag 5 times, and Maloo died about 92 times. :'D I was pretty proud of myself.

...Don't look at me like that. It's not like I had anything better to do.

Gardios
Jul 10, 2012, 07:29 PM
Finished the symbol art for my ARKS card, feels so good man. Also got to 30 which means TUNDRA! :D

TRICKST3R
Jul 10, 2012, 07:35 PM
Romping through Tundra free field with a random guy who joined my party.

We're in Block 2, in a corner of the map. We get a Code: Attack, featuring those frumpy little turtle Darkers. Yawn.

About halfway through killing them, we get another Code: Attack (not a Change Over, though. Just a separate Attack that happens to be in the same exact place), featuring the not-so-frumpy big-ass shield Darkers.

Okay fine. No big deal. So, we keep killing the turtles and the shield-boys, and then here comes the Change Over Code: Duel, featuring the Darkest of Ragnes. Worst part of it was, the other two types of Darkers wouldn't....stop...spawning the entire time we were fighting him.

It was literally Dark Ragne leading an army of Darkers. No less than about 12-25 turtles and 2-3 shield-boys accompanying him at any given moment.

We eventually won (I didn't even die once, though there were a few close calls, dohohoho), but damn....definitely the most intense fight of my PSO2 experience yet.

That reminds me of what happened to me in the City today!

We were running through Block 1 of the Old City, and got into a Code: Attack. We started killing those, and right near the end of that code, we pushed into a Code: Duel with a stage 2 boosted Ragne. Holy crap.

We managed to repel the foul beast, but not a second later we get a Change Over Code: Duel. A second Ragne drops from the sky, with a full flower. It was terrifying. D:

Luckily, we managed to kill it in the end, but the entire party save for myself wiped at one point. I died once, towards the end. Stupid laser-claw-blades were capable of one-shotting me. ;~;

soulpimpwizzurd
Jul 10, 2012, 08:12 PM

that's a really good screenshot, but the "operator" character who tells you that the boss is getting weak/going berserk mode/etc. kinda ruins it.

i decided to see how long it would take to shoot down the panther bosses solo with a gunblade on my hunter. if you go to the very edge of the map, there's this little corner. on that corner there's a bunch of ledges you can jump on. if you get to the top, there's another platform with a sizable distance between it and the ledge you're on.

it's probably the length of 3 horizontal jumps at full running speed. so i used derp rave and dashed at the vertical peak of each pa, and got to the platform and sat there shooting at them while i watched tv shows on netflix. it didn't take as long as i thought it would, surprisingly.

Vylera
Jul 10, 2012, 08:15 PM

Echo's little sister?