PDA

View Full Version : Fo-Cast stat difference, why are they so bad?

Leyline
Jul 10, 2012, 06:56 PM
The max striking power between hucast and hunewearl is <20 points at 40, but the max tech attack between focast and fonewearl is 50 points.

If you look at all the stats of all classes and characters this is the only one that seems unbalanced.

gigawuts
Jul 10, 2012, 06:58 PM
Because FOcast.

Scionni
Jul 10, 2012, 07:03 PM
Considering the previous PSO didn't even ALLOW you to create a FOcast, this is nothing at all.

TelleT
Jul 10, 2012, 07:04 PM
Respect for people playing FOcast, haven't seen one yet. But I still think the gap is too big, and seems to get bigger after each level.

Either make it 20-30 gap or change the striking on HUnewearl to same gap as Tech on FOcast>FOney.

Carillon
Jul 10, 2012, 07:18 PM
the gap in % of base hp cast and newearl get is about the same as their gap in tech atk.

Omega-z
Jul 10, 2012, 07:30 PM
I play with both Focast's I don't see a problem at all. It's just 50 point's at 200 it's like what 200? not that big of a deal they are newman's and we are cast's there is a difference you know.

Leyline
Jul 10, 2012, 07:31 PM
the gap in % of base hp cast and newearl get is about the same as their gap in tech atk.

Human has nearly same hp as cast <10 pt diff, and does not have the big gap in force damage.

I'm not saying they should be the same, the gap should just be smaller, and it matters when you can't use certain equips / armors.

ThePendragon
Jul 10, 2012, 07:38 PM
It's for in-universe story reasons. Casts aren't meant to be techers.

Blackheart521
Jul 10, 2012, 07:42 PM
Human has nearly same hp as cast <10 pt diff, and does not have the big gap in force damage.

I'm not saying they should be the same, the gap should just be smaller, and it matters when you can't use certain equips / armors.

The gaps are small enough as it is, smaller than any previous game, you play a CAST, expect to have hindered tech stats. ^^;

Leyline
Jul 10, 2012, 07:56 PM
My thinking was when they balanced they did all 6 classes.

So that seems now, but it will make sense when the 3 new classes we get in a couple months.

If they are "just making a point because they are casts" the attack and range difference should be larger.

Sigmund
Jul 10, 2012, 08:22 PM
Casts already have the higher stats in terms of SATK, RATK, RDEF and ABI. They also share the highest SDEF with HUmar, what else can you ask for?

Leyline
Jul 10, 2012, 11:06 PM
Casts already have the higher stats in terms of SATK, RATK, RDEF and ABI. They also share the highest SDEF with HUmar, what else can you ask for?

4 pts higher than humar at 40, and hucaseal is the same as humar. You are correct slightly higher. 2-8 pts in each of those stats at 40.

On a side note look at the stats at level 40 and not the level 1 it doesn't translate well.
If you look at the base level 1 stats I agree it doesn't seem like much

Humar(40) 454HP 374 Strike 378 sdef
Hucast(40) 464HP 378 strike 378 sdef
Hucaseal 460HP 374 Strike 360sdef
Ability 2-4 pt difference all classes from cast

Racaseal only 8 pts higher than human, and 11 pts higher than fonewearl in ranged attack.

So yeah they are slightly better obviously focast is going to be the worst, but a 35-50 points difference how about a 20-40 difference?

It just prevents you from using a lot of force stuff if you don't happen to have a force mag with the current cap.

ps0k1d
Jul 10, 2012, 11:30 PM
Here is the base stats percentage chart for each race/gender.

http://tinyurl.com/7g2to4c

And by looking at it, males CASTS get a lot better everything else besides tech power. Which makes a lot of sense. Also, its only a 4% less base stat which isnt to much less, when in comparison to say female newmans who get 6% less HP.

In overall retrospect of the games history, it makes sense that humans are well balanced, newmans are good with tech, and CASTS get a little better HP and striking power.

Race balance also seems pretty equal, they have a total row and each one adds up to be about the same. This i didnt see til recently and it does make me think they did put some thought into balance.

D-Inferno
Jul 10, 2012, 11:32 PM
Best Hunter: HUcast (HUcaseal is an alternative)
Best Ranger: RAcaseal (RAcast is an alternative)
Best Force: FOnewearl (FOnewm and FOmarl are alternatives; latter is much more bulky).

Best bet is to make a Cast and a Newman.

Geistritter
Jul 10, 2012, 11:34 PM
You're quibbling, really. You pick a race that's the worst at a class at your own peril; it's not really reasonable to complain that it's not up to snuff, regardless of by how much.

iwerkout
Jul 10, 2012, 11:47 PM
I think you can be a good defensive/tank mage as a FOcast/FOcaseal, seeing has how you have higher defense and hp stats. Could even be a good "battle mage" if you wished lol.

There are advantages to all sides, so don't go hatin on any one. Remember! There may be more classes released later, so...

The differences in stats WILL show when we get to triple digit levels, but for now, min-max at your own leisure.

ps0k1d
Jul 11, 2012, 12:02 AM
When we get into the triple digits? ;) Some of us are there already.

Unless you are talking about the base stats, in which case, yes 1000 base stat, plus say a 5% increase due to race/gender would net 1050 total base stat. As it stands now most base stats cap out at around 378ish for main attack/defense so the percentage increase isn't going to be reflected as noticeably now.

Although i do agree with iwerkout, just play your own way and have fun with it!