PDA

View Full Version : JP PSO2 Screenshots not saving?

ScottyMango
Jul 10, 2012, 08:13 PM
When I take a screenshot, I get a little bit of text confirming it, but when I check in \SEGA\PHANTASYSTARONLINE2\pictures, the only ones that appear to have saved are old ones from the character creator demo.

I checked the install folder, too. Does anyone have any idea why they're not saving, or where they may be saving to? A couple of my friends also have this problem and nobody can figure it out.

Thanks.

Shadownami92
Jul 10, 2012, 08:16 PM
I've had the same problem. So far the only advice I've gotten is to Print Screen and then paste into Paint or an equivalent program and then save, which is a bummer since that is a little more tedious/time consuming and I can't really take pictures with the interface off.

Daiyousei
Jul 10, 2012, 08:17 PM
They're in your documents/sega/phantasystaronline2/pictures

ScottyMango
Jul 10, 2012, 08:21 PM
They're in your documents/sega/phantasystaronline2/pictures

Did you even read the first sentence of my post? Lol I said they're not there.

And yeah, I figured I could paste them into paint.., but that is really inconvenient, as when you're in the moment, trying to take multiple shots, you don't really have time to paste them out.

Hmm :\

BIG OLAF
Jul 10, 2012, 08:25 PM
It's happened to me a few times. But, I also noticed sometimes I'd hit my "Scroll Lock" key on accident instead of PRTSCN, haha.

As for where they went for you, I dunno. That's why I always look right after I take them, to make sure they're there.

ScottyMango
Jul 10, 2012, 08:33 PM
I haven't been able to get any to save whatsoever :c

Shame too, 'cause I've already been in a few moments that I would like to 'keep'.

texhnolyze
Jul 10, 2012, 08:40 PM
for me, fraps is better to take screenshots
it's because the game's screenshot pauses the game for a second to take a screenshot
it's bugging me if i take it while i'm on a mission or in a heat of boss battle
fraps' screenshot doesn't pause the game
i use the prtsc screenshot for clear HUD screenshots only

Aewyn
Jul 10, 2012, 08:49 PM
I believe there's an option that actually disables the ability to take screenshots. Maybe that's selected...?

Alenoir
Jul 10, 2012, 09:20 PM
Would running the game as administrator work? The folder's not in Program Files though so it shouldn't really matter, but it doesn't hurt to try?

Ark22
Jul 10, 2012, 09:22 PM
When I take a screenshot, I get a little bit of text confirming it, but when I check in \SEGA\PHANTASYSTARONLINE2\pictures, the only ones that appear to have saved are old ones from the character creator demo.

I checked the install folder, too. Does anyone have any idea why they're not saving, or where they may be saving to? A couple of my friends also have this problem and nobody can figure it out.

Thanks.

Have you tried turning it off and on?

All I can say is, put your game in Virtual screen, Prntscrn, Alt tab, paint, paste, save.

ScottyMango
Jul 10, 2012, 09:27 PM
Would running the game as administrator work? The folder's not in Program Files though so it shouldn't really matter, but it doesn't hurt to try?

It's not anything like that, I'm sure. My system isn't set up in a way where I'd ever have to use 'run as administrator'.

If there is an option to disable screenshots, then I have noo idea where it may be.

thablinksta
Jul 10, 2012, 09:57 PM
It's not anything like that, I'm sure. My system isn't set up in a way where I'd ever have to use 'run as administrator'.

If there is an option to disable screenshots, then I have noo idea where it may be.

I had the same issue as you. It started working after I cleaned up some stuff off of my hard drive. My drive was nearly at capacity but after I deleted some files and uninstalled some programs to clean up, they started saving just fine.

Meji
Jul 11, 2012, 01:55 AM
How much harddrive space do you have left? I remember my Print Screen button siezed to work for a second, then I noticed that my C:/ drive were getting kind of full (since I'm on a small SSD disk). Deleted some things, then the Print Screen worked for me again (also deleted some of the earlier Print Screens from the PSO2-folder).