PDA

View Full Version : A little confused

HadouMetsu
Jul 11, 2012, 01:05 AM
So I've just gone through the long and tedious process of registering for closed beta, and now I am downloading what I assume is the game client. Is it really that easy, or is there more to it than that? It's very hard to tell due to all the Japanese. I've registered for Sega ID, and my "Registration to Phantasy Star Online 2 was complete" I'm excited, but very confused. When can I expect to play this game!

ChronoTrigga
Jul 11, 2012, 01:08 AM
as long as you have your id and client you're good to go. the only thing i have actually looked up to be translated was how to equip stuff, other than that i figured it out with the help of random strangers, and just tinkering with EVERY option myself. I learnt myself good.

also, the only japanese I know is weeaboo.

ashley50
in 2 hours.

Geistritter
When you've installed it.

Just don't make the same mistake others have and put something you don't want in as your global, in-game ID. When you first sign into the game (that is, first use your login ID and password), you'll be asked to enter in something. That's going to be your global ID, what you'll be referred to as on friends lists and guild cards regardless of which character you're playing, so don't do something silly like make it your password.

Squall179
Jul 11, 2012, 01:11 AM
On that note, a friend of mine on another ship, just for the heck of it, made his global be the word Password, as in on friends lists, thats his global is Password, just for the sake of being deranged. It made me chuckle a bit.

HadouMetsu
Jul 11, 2012, 01:15 AM
I see.
Thanks for the friendly advise Chrono, I'll make sure to figure the essentials out before I start playing.
Geistritter, so the global ID is not the same as Sega ID? If so, which am I going to be signing in with every time? Thanks for the info otherwise :)

I need to add Password X)

Geistritter
Jul 11, 2012, 01:17 AM
You'll log in with your Sega credentials as always; again, this is just how you're going to be universally known in the game itself. It takes the place of IDs in PSU, and is basically a way to identify you without forcing you from being out of luck if someone took your intended character name.

HadouMetsu
Jul 11, 2012, 01:20 AM
Okay thanks! Now that makes sense, and sounds so much easier than tracking down specific chars haha

Ryo
Jul 11, 2012, 01:21 AM
It's also worth noting the game is in full-release, it's been out of beta since 07/04

HadouMetsu
Jul 11, 2012, 01:24 AM
Right. So would I be right to assume that when the game does release, my beta char won't carry on to the full game? Or is this not known yet

Geistritter
Jul 11, 2012, 01:26 AM
They mean the game is actually out of beta.

Although for the record, characters transferred over from Open Beta to Release anyway.

HadouMetsu
Jul 11, 2012, 01:34 AM
Oh! I'm dumb haha. Thanks everyone! Hope to see you all in game!