jooozek
Jul 11, 2012, 02:28 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yvZsvDPEEY4&feature=player_embedded

BIG OLAF
Jul 11, 2012, 02:28 AM
Huh, a mini-site for the update? Cool.

Somnia
Jul 11, 2012, 02:31 AM
So much new content so fast, I really hope this continues for even longer than the current schedule they released. Looks awesome!

Crimson Exile
Jul 11, 2012, 02:32 AM
Nice. Don't we get this in like 2 weeks?

jooozek
Jul 11, 2012, 02:33 AM
Nope, we get it on 18th.

Xaeris
Jul 11, 2012, 02:36 AM
As awesome as the Mines look, I am a little concerned. As it is, our population is already spread kind of thin through the content. You can find a pretty good concentration doing Tundra, but anything else and you're going to run aground of many bots. Adding yet another new area isn't going to help that problem along, I think.

Crimson Exile
Jul 11, 2012, 02:37 AM
Nope, we get it on 18th.
Even better thanks

Gardios
Big Vadar looks amazing.

Somnia
I'm wondering if hard mode free field requirement is 35 this time, guessing from the levels in the video.
But you can play mines missions at 25, while the lowest tundra quest is 30?

Aurakon
Jul 11, 2012, 02:38 AM
I don't understand how small squishy people are supposed to subdue a mechanical monstrosity of that size.

SaiKo
Jul 11, 2012, 02:39 AM
-A new map: Lillipa Mines
-Some new quests involving the rabbit people
-Two new bosses: a giant mech and a land-battleship
-SUMMER YUKATAS!

Bleh...

- The design of the mines + the Desert really feels too much like Moatoob. Not really a fan.
- Not... too sure how to feel about 'rabbit people'. Feels kind of... goofy, but I guess we'll see? :-\
- Mech feels generic and dull. Battleship has potential, but the video didn't make it look too good. A De Rol Le-esque phase where you have to fight on top of it while it rides across the desert could be awesome, but it doesn't seem like that's in the cards.
- Don't really know how I feel about the Yukatas either... I mean, I typically love the aesthetics of yukatas and it's at least something more than the limited selection of parts/clothes we've currently got, but the "Funny Afros", Rappy-suits, and the like have already begun to wear on me and kill the tone of the game pretty severely... Maybe if there were dedicated party-lobbies that were the only public areas where these items could be displayed (or an option to toggle-off 'party outfits' client-side), I'd have less reservations about them...

Enforcer MKV
Jul 11, 2012, 02:39 AM
I don't understand how small squishy people are supposed to subdue a mechanical monstrosity of that size.

The solution is simple.

We're called Casts. You're welcome. ;-)

Aurakon
Jul 11, 2012, 02:40 AM
Still, relative to that thing, small and squishy.

Er, crunchy in your case.

xBladeM6x
Jul 11, 2012, 02:40 AM
Video is amazing. Looks like hunters are going to have it rough with Big Vader.

That sounded wrong...

MasterSpark
Jul 11, 2012, 02:41 AM

Magic. Don't forget magic.

BIG OLAF
Jul 11, 2012, 02:42 AM
- Don't really know how I feel about the Yukatas either... I mean, I typically love the aesthetics of yukatas and it's at least something more than the limited selection of parts/clothes we've currently got, but the "Funny Afros", Rappy-suits, and the like have already begun to wear on me and kill the tone of the game pretty severely... Maybe if there were dedicated party-lobbies that were the only public areas where these items could be displayed (or an option to toggle-off 'party outfits' client-side), I'd have less reservations about them...

People are still on about this whole "immersion" thing, even though it was pretty much clear as day months ago that PSO2 was not going to be taking itself seriously in regards to aesthetics?

UnLucky
Jul 11, 2012, 02:43 AM
There'd better be ramune available at the drink shop

Enforcer MKV
Jul 11, 2012, 02:44 AM

Er, crunchy in your case.

Did you SEE that Colossus armor male casts are getting? We'll be invincible! BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA! :lol:

Magic. Don't forget magic.

Quick! Shoot fire at it! Melt it's Motherboard, freeze it's filters! Shock it's servos!

Angelo
Jul 11, 2012, 02:44 AM
Holy shit, is that the mines battle track?

Just pump the OST straight into my veins.

SaiKo
Jul 11, 2012, 02:45 AM
People are still on about this whole "immersion" thing, even though it was pretty much clear as day months ago that PSO2 was not going to be taking itself seriously in regards to aesthetics?

Stopped following in the months leading up to release, so I wasn't aware just how bad it was. :-/
Really does make the game feel cheap and far less engaging to me though...

ShadowDragon28
Jul 11, 2012, 02:46 AM
Awesome stuff, this update coming July 18th uh, wow, so soon. I'm not used to this. lol.

btw their are calling this "Wake Up Big Machines: Update Number 1"

Mega Ultra Chicken
I'm liking the new Caseal armor. Good to see the fembots can now get in on the Gundam look too. BROcast's getting some pretty manly armor, which is always good. As for the yukatas... I may or may not get one.

Also Big Vader looks pretty epic, but I'm really hoping he'll be giving us some truly worthy 20-25 content (or 25 to 30. Not really sure which is more lacking in worthy content.)

Somnia
Awesome stuff, is this update coming July 18th or August 18th? btw their are calling this "Wake Up Big Machines: Update Number 1"

July 18th.

iwerkout

Yeah, I'm waiting for a maid suit. Nothing else will suffice till then.

BTW, let's not try to be too positive about all these quick updates that are raining down on us like sunlight. ^^

Gardios
Jul 11, 2012, 02:47 AM
Really want to make a male cast with the new parts, but man I haven't even started my HUmar yet...

MasterSpark
Jul 11, 2012, 02:50 AM

As soon as I get hold of the audio file it's going right into my mp3 player.

Ryo
I'm interested in the new Yukatas. Also, I'm hoping for S-Beat blades!

You know, considering "Shiguno Beat" is very close to "Sinow Beat"

AlMcFly
Meh, Cast parts look nice but no thank you on the Yukatas. Anyway WOOHOO MINES!!!

xBladeM6x
Jul 11, 2012, 02:54 AM
Stopped following in the months leading up to release, so I wasn't aware just how bad it was. :-/

I can understand the idea that it makes the game "feel" less like a serious tone when you have people killing monsters in Wedding Dresses, but if it's so bad, why not just gather a team of friends together who will only be wearing armored looking clothing, and run with them?

More options are better. If something bothers you, wouldn't it make more sense to just not use it, and go on about your day? :-?

(Sorry, if the tone comes off as too aggressive.)

Lumir
Jul 11, 2012, 02:56 AM
Looks like a lot of fun. Especially Big Vader.

moorebounce
Jul 11, 2012, 02:57 AM
From the looks of the video the rangers that we all love to hate will become useful. Looks like now haters of the rangers will have to suck up to make sure you have a ranger in your party on this new map. At least for the boss fights anyway.

iwerkout
Jul 11, 2012, 02:57 AM
I can understand the idea that it makes the game "feel" less like a serious tone when you have people killing monsters in Wedding Dresses, but if it's so bad, why not just gather a team of friends together who will only be wearing armored looking clothing, and run with them?

More options are better. If something bothers you, wouldn't it make more sense to just not use it, and go on about your day? :-?

This is how agressive you sound right now:
[spoiler-box]http://static.desktopnexus.com/thumbnails/607905-bigthumbnail.jpg[/spoiler-box]

I agree with you though. If you want immersion in a game, go back to your single player. This is RANDOM PEOPLE ON THE INTERNET you playin with. Like hell we care about your digital environment specifications.

Aurakon
Jul 11, 2012, 02:59 AM
[spoiler-box]http://static.desktopnexus.com/thumbnails/607905-bigthumbnail.jpg[/spoiler-box]

Good lord I jumped out of my seat at the sheer aggressiveness of that picture.
GIVE SOME KIND OF WARNING NEXT TIME, MAN

AlMcFly
Wait...is one of those Yukata dudes wearing a Rappy Mask???

http://pso2.jp/players/update/20120718/04/

Gardios
From the looks of the video the rangers that we all love to hate will become useful. Looks like now haters of the rangers will have to suck up to make sure you have a ranger in your party on this new map. At least for the boss fights anyway.

You make it sound like Rangers are useless right now...

FOnewearl-Lina
Jul 11, 2012, 03:00 AM

Good, you could try doing that again.

You're better off playing games like Final Fantasy XIV where all the armor in like mundane boring pieces of bronze and leather, and they don't give you an option to stop your character looking like crap. Not to mention the Virtually non-existant character creation in that game...

BIG OLAF
Jul 11, 2012, 03:00 AM

Looks like it. I'm thinking it's an unlockable accessory ticket.

xBladeM6x
Jul 11, 2012, 03:01 AM

I agree with you though. If you want immersion in a game, go back to your single player ones because this is RANDOM PEOPLE IN THE PUBLIC you playin with. Like hell we care about your digital environment specifications.
Bwhahahha. Alright if my tone wasn't aggressive enough, I'll have to try this.

Ahem...

HOW DARE YOU. DIE IN A CAR FIRE FOR WANTING TO HAVE PEOPLE IN PROPER ARMOR OUTFITS.

Too much? xD

AlMcFly
Jul 11, 2012, 03:01 AM

People don't mock Rangers because they are useless. People mock Rangers because they seem to be the easiest class to play...pew pew

SaiKo
Jul 11, 2012, 03:02 AM

I pretty much play solo as is, so it's less an issue during missions.
But... The lobbies. Dancing Rappies and Pink-tuxedo-wearing Afro-heads...
The "more options = better" only works up to an extent, really unless you allow everyone the ability to manipulate it client-side... It's like having Richard Simmons, Marcus Phoenix, and Sly Cooper all hanging out together in a game where none of them suit the tone/style. Sure, you can allow that, but it kills any sense of consistency or deliberate design and makes it feel like a cheap party-game, AFAIC...

But this is getting off-topic, so I'll end it here...

Gardios
Jul 11, 2012, 03:03 AM
You can just, you know, change lobbies.

mctastee
Jul 11, 2012, 03:04 AM

OMFG, DO WANT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! SEGA, SHUT UP AND TAKE MY FUCKING MONEY!!!!!!!!!!!!!

AlMcFly
Jul 11, 2012, 03:06 AM
OMFG, DO WANT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! SEGA, SHUT UP AND TAKE MY FUCKING MONEY!!!!!!!!!!!!!

HA! Hey Vacaville. Nice :D

moorebounce
Jul 11, 2012, 03:08 AM
People don't mock Rangers because they are useless. People mock Rangers because they seem to be the easiest class to play...pew pew

That was the point of my post and now from the looks of it we may come to hate the rangers even less during boss fights.

MAXrobo
Jul 11, 2012, 03:09 AM
Oh my god... big vader... IS A SHOOTEM' UP BOSS!!!!

quick, get in the vic viper mag and let me at him!

iwerkout
Jul 11, 2012, 03:11 AM

http://diablo.incgamers.com/gallery/data/500/cannot-be-unseen.jpg

Bwhahahha. Alright if my tone wasn't aggressive enough, I'll have to try this.

Ahem...

HOW DARE YOU. DIE IN A CAR FIRE FOR WANTING TO HAVE PEOPLE IN PROPER ARMOR OUTFITS.

Too much? xD

TYPING IN CAPSLOCK DOESN'T MAKE YOU SOUND MORE AGGRESSIVE. JUST MORE RETAR I MEAN NOT SMARTERER.
BTW IT'S THE FUTURE. WE TECHNICALLY WEAR "SHIELDS" AND DON'T HAVE TO RELY ON THE PHYSICAL ATTRIBUTES OF THE ARMOR WE WEAR FOR PROTECTION. YAY TECHNOLOGY!
BTW, DO YOU SEE THE AGGRESSIVENESS OF THIS TEXT? IT'S OUTTA CONTROL! :roll:

bryanbtje
Jul 11, 2012, 03:19 AM
That Yukata is mine!!

Enforcer MKV
Jul 11, 2012, 03:22 AM

Which is crap. "Maybe" Juuuuuust "maybe" I play ranger because I like guns, hm? and I'm not a noob?

iwerkout
Jul 11, 2012, 03:26 AM
Which is crap. "Maybe" Juuuuuust "maybe" I play ranger because I like guns, hm? and I'm not a noob?

Total noob.
Check out this other noob: (Maturish content)
[spoiler-box]http://www.tacticalfanboy.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/04/Rifle_chick.jpg[/spoiler-box]

GoldenFalcon
Jul 11, 2012, 03:27 AM
I play Ranger because I'm too powerful as a Hunter
Even though my Hunter is like 9 levels behind and my mag has pure ranged levels

zgnumu
Jul 11, 2012, 04:04 AM
As soon as I get hold of the audio file it's going right into my mp3 player.
This. Props to the composer(s) for another wicked track -- perfect for both an intense battle and an enticing promo vid.

Also, I was beginning to think that the themed "event" costumes might all be locked to humans/newmans only, so the yukatas for the cast/caseal are a good sign. (shown on the update page (http://pso2.jp/players/update/20120718/04/))

gigawuts
Jul 11, 2012, 04:35 AM
This. Props to the composer(s) for another wicked track -- perfect for both an intense battle and an enticing promo vid.

Also, I was beginning to think that the themed "event" costumes might all be locked to humans/newmans only, so the yukatas for the cast/caseal are a good sign. (shown on the update page (http://pso2.jp/players/update/20120718/04/))

Is...

Is that a floating severed rappy head?

I need this. I need this immediately.

GoldenFalcon
Jul 11, 2012, 04:42 AM
Is...

Is that a floating severed rappy head?

I need this. I need this immediately.

No, it's a festival mask on a Cast robo head

bryanbtje
Jul 11, 2012, 04:45 AM
And behind the mask is the rappy head.

gigawuts
Jul 11, 2012, 04:46 AM
Yeah, I see that now. That's too bad, that would've been amazing.

edit:

And behind the mask is the rappy head.

YES.

aduran
Jul 11, 2012, 04:52 AM
to play mines requires 180 materials from each enemy on tundra and srank the free mission in less than 15 minutes LOL sarcasm-

AlMcFly
Jul 11, 2012, 04:53 AM
to play mines requires 180 materials from each enemy on tundra and srank the free mission in less than 15 minutes LOL sarcasm-

I don't even give a f*ck as long as it's not Caves again...

gigawuts
Jul 11, 2012, 04:53 AM

With the amount of tundra everyone is playing this is actually kind of a low requirement...

aduran
Jul 11, 2012, 04:54 AM
With the amount of tundra everyone is playing this is actually kind of a low requirement...

fine..then, it will cost 2000AC to play them. LOL

GrandTickler
Jul 11, 2012, 04:59 AM
http://i3.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/original/000/218/735/i-came-ghostbuster.jpg

JeyKama
Jul 11, 2012, 05:02 AM
Need lv33 to get the mines quest, get levelling~

Also, there's a fan accessory from teh ac scratch, looks like it gets stuck on your back from the picture? Big Vada looks epic though I laughed when the ranger pulled out a gunblade to melee.

AlMcFly
Jul 11, 2012, 05:03 AM

Yo sh*t is green dude. Better get that checked out XD

xBladeM6x
Jul 11, 2012, 05:06 AM

- Talking with Olaf on Skype
- Hear him bust out laughing, and I ask why
- Sends me link to this post
- I nearly died laughing my ass off.

Seriously, it took a good 2 minutes to stop laughing. :D

Scarlet_Rain
Jul 11, 2012, 05:26 AM
WTB yukata now!

Vylera
Jul 11, 2012, 05:29 AM
WTB yukata now!

inb4 2mill.

Nerineri
Jul 11, 2012, 05:29 AM
Question. Is it really called the Big Vader? I mean it written in katakana as ビッグヴァーダー but shouldn't Big Vader be written as ビッグヴェーダー?

Or I am just thinking too much?

GrandTickler
Jul 11, 2012, 05:33 AM
- Talking with Olaf on Skype
- Hear him bust out laughing, and I ask why
- Sends me link to this post
- I nearly died laughing my ass off.

Seriously, it took a good 2 minutes to stop laughing. :D

lmao.

also that rappy head looks hilarious, there seems to be some more strange things, like what is the purple thing, and that blue little ball? :3 i want it all!

EDIT: now that i look closer, that purple thing might be a rare armor unit with a summer rappy drawn on it lol

gigawuts
Jul 11, 2012, 05:34 AM
Bumped mentioned that it's pronounced v-ah-der.

Mizunos
Jul 11, 2012, 05:43 AM
Another decent but not memorable BGM. mildly disappointed in the soundtrack so far

Rizen
Jul 11, 2012, 06:02 AM
Am I the only one who wishes that that Giant Land Tank boss would appear in a multiparty area? *_* Too bad it is too big....

Ce'Nedra
Jul 11, 2012, 06:04 AM
Am I the only one who wishes that that Giant Land Tank boss would appear in a multiparty area? *_* Too bad it is too big....

Sega could easly figure out a way to make a MPA boss area you can teleport to and after fight teleports you back to the normal map so you can continue on. Ofcourse these teleports will need the same appearance rate as any other random boss you can find in MPA.

*imagines Free Field Mines with change over duel tanks*

GrandTickler
Jul 11, 2012, 06:44 AM
Another decent but not memorable BGM. mildly disappointed in the soundtrack so far

i think the bgm is amazing, best one so far

NoiseHERO
Jul 11, 2012, 07:36 AM

This.

FINALLY a song in this game to impress me. fast paced, energetic, emotional, epic and I can HEAR it.

Now to hope it doesn't get chopped into a white noise blob by the music transition system. ;o;

and finally an indoor area- *floating platforms in the dark*
DAT BOSS THOUGH!

Kierto
Jul 11, 2012, 07:41 AM
Too much brown and grey.

Lillipa I am dissapoint.

Lungo
Jul 11, 2012, 07:44 AM
I'm loving the look of the yukata, and the Rappy head is just mad. XD

lmao.
EDIT: now that i look closer, that purple thing might be a rare armor unit with a summer rappy drawn on it lol

It looks like a fan to me.

sugarFO
Jul 11, 2012, 07:45 AM
This looks so exciting! Can't wait to farm mines! May get a skill tree for lightning buffs to techs.

NoiseHERO
Jul 11, 2012, 07:45 AM
It looks more like a fashion salon selectable mask.

CelestialBlade
Jul 11, 2012, 07:53 AM
I'm going to die laughing if Big Vader can Code-spawn in random maps. Imagine that thing appearing in some tiny Amduscia corridor :lol:

I just hope they keep this update pace up, this is awesome. I don't mind being spoon-fed content as long as it's frequent.

NeoMatrix
Jul 11, 2012, 08:24 AM
As I haven't seen anyone else mention it, I just have one thing to say concerning the new mech bosses that appear at 1:18:

METAL GEAR!?

Well, that, and they also seem vaguely reminiscent of Baranz, as the one in the background fires off a salvo of rockets, though I didn't see them converge on anything... they just shot up into the air. Anyway, I'm seeing similarities to a few classic PSO mines enemies. Those small hovering things seem sort of like carriguines. So yeah, as long as there isn't some stupid requirement to access the mines area, the update is looking pretty good.

Zeota
Jul 11, 2012, 09:57 AM
Great stuff! Let's hope it keeps going strong like this!

Blizz3112
Jul 11, 2012, 10:10 AM
"Rocket Punching Mechs with Rocket Launchers!! How can it be any more awesome?!"

*Looks at giant boss coming after*

"Oh... ...THAT, I guess! :D"

GoldenFalcon
Jul 11, 2012, 10:13 AM
Question. Is it really called the Big Vader? I mean it written in katakana as ビッグヴァーダー but shouldn't Big Vader be written as ビッグヴェーダー?

Or I am just thinking too much?

Yes, it might as well be Vahdah. Could even be Vardar

Hrith
Jul 11, 2012, 10:24 AM
Tranmizer, finally... Time for us ranger to have a soul with +30 ATK.

moeri
Jul 11, 2012, 10:32 AM
Kinda wish they would slow down on these premium clothing >< it is busting my meseta

time to grind another 500k for the yukata

Fujiko
Jul 11, 2012, 10:54 AM
That preview looks really fun and exciting. I am very happy they are introducing another boss, and it looks really fun to fight to boot.

Everything looks like good and fun, something I would imagine a sequel to the underground mines would look like.

RahvinWT
Jul 11, 2012, 01:43 PM
Go Dai Gurren! Haa haa

Kinda reminds me of Xenogears, where you decide to fight enemy gears on foot since your characters are OP except you can "DODGE!" in this game. (points for you if you got that)....lots o' fun. Not sure about the music though....maybe it will grow on me.

AnnabellaRenee87
Jul 11, 2012, 01:57 PM
Hold a tick, I can get a yukata/kimono for my character?

http://pso2.jp/players/update/20120718/ lower right of the page, I has to have one.

gigawuts
Jul 11, 2012, 01:57 PM
I hope they give us a proper desert boss on the level of this amazingly fun looking vader, then make gwanada a random boss in all areas like a mini-ragne.

Also, looks like lightning is a pretty good element to invest in just now.

Hold a tick, I can get a kimono for my character?

http://pso2.jp/players/update/20120718/ lower right of the page, I has to have one.

It looks like it, yeah. I'm wondering if they'll give us casts some fleshy terminator skin and let us wear them too.

Halcyote
Jul 11, 2012, 02:10 PM
big vader is going to be that boss everyone is going to hate

like magas

can't wait!

Blackheart521
Jul 11, 2012, 02:32 PM
It looks like it, yeah. I'm wondering if they'll give us casts some fleshy terminator skin and let us wear them too.

Probably will be able to considering you can wear suits as a CAST. ^^

Crysteon
Jul 11, 2012, 03:40 PM
This game needs a Wyvern boss.
And a Praying Mantis Darker OR A CENTIPEDE

I have my hopes to see a wyvern boss in the second field of Amduscia...but who knows....inb4celticatmosphereinDragonLand. That update is not too far from us :0

Jakosifer
Jul 11, 2012, 03:42 PM
A Centipede boss would make me turn my PC off immediately.

Blizz3112
Jul 11, 2012, 04:44 PM
A Centipede boss would make me turn my PC off immediately.

You could just turn off the monitor and fire at blindly... XD

Also, instead of a Wyvern, they should make a giant Pterodactyl with a rocket launcher... :D

Phantasma
Jul 11, 2012, 04:50 PM
Soooo electricity is what's next on the "elements for me to whore out on" list.

gigawuts
Jul 11, 2012, 04:57 PM
Already got my 5 star alva claymore, because lol at the alva caliber prices and elements and even loller at rares.

mctastee
Jul 11, 2012, 05:09 PM
Looks like all big vader does is ranged attacks. I better grind my ranged armor some more.

Blizz3112
Jul 12, 2012, 04:37 PM
Not if you fight him directly...