PDA

View Full Version : PSO2 Your Questions for SEGA

EXPFULL
Jul 11, 2012, 07:58 AM
If YOU could ask a question regarding the NA/EU release of the game , what would you ask?

We may have the opportunity to interview a representative about the launch, and if so, we'll put out a special edition of our PSO2 Podcast.

We've obviously got a few questions ourselves, but would like to open this up to gauge what the burning questions are in the community.

r00tabaga
Jul 11, 2012, 08:05 AM
Are we gonna see the same content as JP? I don't care as much as others about synched updates and content but I DO care about getting all of it eventually.

drizzle
Jul 11, 2012, 08:07 AM
Will we get the English language option in the JP client?

Titan200
Jul 11, 2012, 08:08 AM
Are the servers gonna be global?

Zeke154
Jul 11, 2012, 08:13 AM
Will we eventually get the option in both JP and NA/EU release to choose both voice/subtitles of our choice? (ex: japanese voices with english subs) also are the servers global?

Khasar
Jul 11, 2012, 08:17 AM
SEGA will you add in a huge hub city like the one in PSU

http://bumped.org/psublog/wp-content/uploads/2008/04/illumin1015.png

http://pcmedia.ign.com/pc/image/article/727/727216/phantasy-star-universe-20060822033912350-000.jpg

http://www.cdkey-game.com/images/phantasy-star-universe-ambition-of-the-illuminus.jpg

EXPFULL
Jul 11, 2012, 09:14 AM
Good questions guys - Keep 'em coming!

Can't make any promises at this stage, but I really hope we move forward with an interview of some kind.

Jkid
Jul 11, 2012, 09:15 AM
Also, will there be a way to transfer characters from the JP client to the international client?

T_0_0_L
Jul 11, 2012, 09:23 AM
Will the Arks Cash system be implemented fully in the US? Will rooms and shops be subject to the same fees as Japan?

dilakri87
Jul 11, 2012, 09:25 AM
How much is 1 AC?

Will we start off with more content than the current release?

Do you plan on doing any commercials / public pr for more people to join?

pso2love
Jul 11, 2012, 10:46 AM
Will Sega Of America make sure the Arks Cash prices for the western version are reasonably priced? The prices seen in JPN using exchange seems very high. I hope they might consider doing global servers and lowering the prices for both JPN and Western releases.

Will we see Vita, iOS/Android versions of PSO2 in the west?

Will the western release finally be up to date simultaneously with the JPN version? Please tell me that you will keep all items that are in the JPN version, give them to us in the Western release?

Can you just give us the translated text/subtitles in English, and not worry about Dubbing voices in English?

Quadocky
Jul 11, 2012, 11:08 AM
Will there be a subscription service that is functionally similar to the one Cryptic uses in their games?

Will the voice work for the English Version feature David Blum?

pso2love
Jul 11, 2012, 11:08 AM
Will we be seeing cut scenes of everyone involved in your party, for example, In PSO, when you defeat Dark Falz, all members were included in a screenshot with the heading "Congratulations, you are the hero" Will we see similar in PSO2?

Garnet_Moon
Jul 11, 2012, 11:21 AM
Will you bring back the ass shake dance from PSU and put it into PSO2?

Rauten
Jul 11, 2012, 12:46 PM
*Where will the servers be located?

*Will the AC pricing scheme for the western release be set by SoA or by SoJ?

*Are there plans for any incentive of any kind for Western players already in the JP version to make the jump to the Int'l version?

*Will the English language option be usable for the JP servers?

*Is the game being translated only to English, or are other languages being worked on, or planned?

*July 4th to Early 2013 feels like a huge gap between releases, any specific reason?

Rizen
Jul 11, 2012, 12:54 PM
Biggest question for me:

How has SoA changed over the years to improve the quality of its customer service and management of online games? SoA's history of maintaining online games are not on the favorable side.

Zeota
Jul 11, 2012, 01:45 PM
In light of recent restructuring, what will a "leaner" SoA/SoE mean for a quality product?

If we truly are to have segregated servers, how do you plan to set yourselves apart from your JP counterparts? For example, the North American and European TERA servers have a number of quests and other features the Korean ones don't.

Arika
Jul 11, 2012, 02:19 PM

It is already there as additional lobby action that you need to buy from shop or get it from AC random draw.

Anyway, so far it seem most questions here are more of "asking for something to happen" rather than "asking for questioning" lol.
Some question could be narrow down a lot. For example, when the first person asked about "if the server will be global" if the answer is yes, then all the remain question about content update equal to JP or not is no longer need. And in case if the answer is no, then there is no need to ask about same content as JP anymore too. because PSU was also got promised to have every JP events at first too. but so far, we only got the same until 1-UP, and then after that we missed so many JP little event, and only get big one with all huge delay until server shut down. They always need to say the good stuffs first, so if the server gonna be split. then they will surely answer you that you will get the same content... but no, actually, you will never get the same content. Only possible for western to get same treatment is only when server are global. So that the first question in the post about "if it will be global or not" is the master key!

Fujiko
Jul 11, 2012, 02:35 PM
Does Sega of America have any better plans to counter cheating/hacking? Something like faster response times, more GMs, better reporting and actually doing something about it.

PSO2 game guard has already been bypassed, and the English community blocks have had the NPCs moved around to where you cannot access them.

Taigerr
Jul 11, 2012, 02:36 PM
1. Why such a long wait for western release?

looks like most pc ques have been asked so here are some vita ones:

2. When will we definately know if vita and PC will use same server or not?
3. Can we use same PC account and character on Vita?
4. When is Vita Beta for West and Japan due and how much % of Vita (japan) game is complete so far?
5. Will west get PSO2 Start Guidebook and other such goodies?

gigawuts
Jul 11, 2012, 02:42 PM
If I had one question for Sega it would be:
Where's my Chainsawd?

If I had another question for Sega it would be:
Where's my Akiko's Frying Pan?

Macman
Jul 11, 2012, 02:43 PM
If I had one question for Sega it would be:
Where's my Chainsawd?
That and Ultimate Chain.

My questions are probably echoes, but:
Also why are you segregating the servers AGAIN?

Will you actually care enough for the global market to properly support it for once?

Ryo
Jul 11, 2012, 02:43 PM
Will we get the English language option in the JP client?

This. +1

Alnet
Jul 11, 2012, 02:44 PM
1. Why such a long wait for western release?
That's my main one.

Also, what features will be locked out if AC is implemented in the western release (assuming there's any difference at all)? And how soon after the launch will there be the first updates?

Ryo
Jul 11, 2012, 02:44 PM

This is an AC item you can unlock via scratch.

astro9866
Jul 11, 2012, 02:51 PM
That's my main one.

Also, what features will be locked out if AC is implemented in the western release (assuming there's any difference at all)? And how soon after the launch will there be the first updates?

Main reason for it being so long is they are still working on the JP version for updates ect.. and they have to repatch the ENTIRE game into english, that isnt just a 1 button click.

Will we see a global server? Are we going to get the same content as JP? Will the game be the same in terms of weapon models and item names? (PSU's ultimate failure)

Dan Maku
Jul 11, 2012, 03:10 PM
Can we be permitted more than just one character slot for free? I'd be happy with just two free character slots, myself. :3

DayDreamer
Jul 11, 2012, 06:49 PM
Just a reminder to keep in mind that Sega is going through some rough financial times when your asking questions.

Personally i dont care when its coming out, im just happy to know it IS.
Plus Early 2013 (Jan-Feb) isnt that long, the begining of the year goes by fast..until march e- e

PrinceBrightstar
Jul 11, 2012, 07:11 PM
While it is early, is any consideration being given to bringing the Smartphone version to the Ouya game console?

What was the meaning behind having the great light mentioned in the original teaser? Are we going to Algol at some point?

Any word on a soundtrack download / album?

Off topic but may be related? - Will any Phantasy Star characters be appearing in Project X Zone?

Immovable One
Jul 11, 2012, 07:23 PM
My question would be:

"You are not gonna fuck this one up again like you did in post-DC PSO, PSU, and PSPo2 Infinity, right?

Peejay
Jul 11, 2012, 08:19 PM
My question would be:

"You are not gonna fuck this one up again like you did in post-DC PSO, PSU, and PSPo2 Infinity, right?

You might have to explain carefully how that one worked.

The reasons they screwed up are going to be beyond them unless it's clearly explained, really.

My question is.

"When can you sell off the studios in America, since they're all useless twits who are probably costing you more money than anything?"

Blastifyys
Jul 11, 2012, 08:59 PM
My ? for SEGA is why cant no one help me i posted on the great error thread help http://a8.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/c120.0.403.403/p403x403/406230_374441669287940_444543777_n.jpg

lostinseganet
Jul 11, 2012, 09:22 PM
-Will forces ever be able to henshin into other types of forces
-will we ever be able to merge with mags
-will we ever be able to wear more than one mag
-can we really depend on the power of friendship?
Will we ever be able to summon? Using cards or like in final fantasy?
Will we ever be able to parry and counter attack for forces?
Will pso ever have its own tv show?

moorebounce
Jul 12, 2012, 02:36 PM
Will the NA/EU version have the same rollout schedule of level caps and things being added?

Sakarisei
Jul 12, 2012, 08:55 PM
Lol... no questions about netcafes and cafe points? In these case...

Is it possible in the future to see some authorized cybercafes in NA and EU? (For netcafe points)

MelancholyWitch
Jul 12, 2012, 11:22 PM
Can we please have the servers like they were in PSO1? The community all wants to be in global servers with everyone from all parts of the world they made this possible with PSO1, can we see something like word select come back?

DARKWINGDARA
Jul 12, 2012, 11:32 PM
Can we please have the servers like they were in PSO1? The community all wants to be in global servers with everyone from all parts of the world they made this possible with PSO1, can we see something like word select come back?

only one small problem, PSO is client based, not server based like PSO2.

Garnet_Moon
Jul 12, 2012, 11:35 PM
Can you give us Eco-Villains an incentive for wanting to destroy the destructible grass and trees? I mean, kubara wood or something.

Metalsnake27
Jul 12, 2012, 11:37 PM
My question: Will there be voices at all in the game?

My guess is this: Narrator voices, no character voices. ORRRR Narrator Voices and Japanese character voices...

My bets going towards just them muting the characters....

Quebe_Lae
Jul 12, 2012, 11:45 PM
Will there be a chao on a stick?
+1 for post Falz team picture.
Any thoughts on retro-PSO1 costumes?

Any thought at all at bringing this to Mac Lion?

Any comments on the fan-made English patch?
Any comments on RAngers, launchers, and game balance?

A lot of fans have expressed an interest in keeping the Japanese voices, then simply "subtitle-ng". Any hope for this?

Spellbinder
Jul 13, 2012, 11:41 AM
Was there an oversight when deciding the dependent stats for mags?

(a majority of mags, even the FORCE mags, depend on the striking stat for photon blasts)

Husq
Jul 13, 2012, 12:52 PM
My questions would be, will sega release prepaid AC vouchers/cards with fancy art from the game, and have they thought about implementing a lock-on camera like in monster hunter 3g, where the camera focuses on a specific enemy in the TPS view or a quick turn button, so when a boss jumps over your character you can refocus quickly on them again.

Garnet_Moon
Jul 13, 2012, 12:56 PM
Will you bring back weapon and armor crafting from PSU? I effin' LOVED 10% success rate on rares! :love:

The absolute THRILL of beating the odds with a very low elemental % sure beat a 99% chance to success and a high elemental rate!

Darki
Jul 13, 2012, 01:14 PM
Will you bring back weapon and armor crafting from PSU? I effin' LOVED 10% success rate on rares! :love:

The absolute THRILL of beating the odds with a very low elemental % sure beat a 99% chance to success and a high elemental rate!

God, no.

The Walrus
Jul 13, 2012, 01:18 PM

http://www.consolegames.ro/forum/attachments/f7-news/163872d1334327645-walking-dead-e-pe-maini-bune-fry-can-t-tell-meme-generator-not-sure-if-sarcasm-serious-e14739.jpg

sessilu04
Jul 13, 2012, 02:44 PM
http://www.consolegames.ro/forum/attachments/f7-news/163872d1334327645-walking-dead-e-pe-maini-bune-fry-can-t-tell-meme-generator-not-sure-if-sarcasm-serious-e14739.jpg

Ditto.

I have a question.

"What's the relationship between SoA and SoJ? What's SoA's stand on the community large preference for the JP Version of PSO2?"

Chik'Tikka
Jul 13, 2012, 03:22 PM
i has question, Why you no let me use PayPal??? +^_^+
http://queerty-prodweb.s3.amazonaws.com/wp/docs/2011/09/paypal_th.jpg