PDA

View Full Version : 2nd time Ive had to install PSO2 because of accidently deleting client

Drutyper
Jul 11, 2012, 06:48 PM
OK so I've been playing PSO2 since launch and its been a great experience even if I cant read Japanese. But therein lies my problem. I've deleted the client twice now and I don't understand why the hell the program would ask me to delete itself on start up.

What happens is I open the shortcut or click directly on the game to start up. I pop up shows up with, of course, Japanese text which I cannot read and all I can read is the bottom two buttons. They read "yes" or "no" so I want to start playing so I hit yes and it completely deletes the game!

Why the hell would it do this?!

This has happened twice already and I did not click on uninstall, I only click on what I normally click on which is the start up shortcut to the game.

Now I have to reinstall the game and DL all the F'n patches and wait hours!

Frustrated to say the least but can anyone shed some light on this situation and why the game would ask me on startup to delete the whole game???

Thank you in advance.

I have no screenshots but if it happens again I will make sure I edit this post with it.

UnLucky
Jul 11, 2012, 06:57 PM
There are two shortcuts in your Start menu under "PHANTASY STAR ONLINE 2"

The game client:
PHANTASY STAR ONLINE 2

and the uninstaller:
アンインストール

ashley50
Jul 11, 2012, 06:58 PM
So...who's fault is it? You clicked "yes".

Mag-X
Jul 11, 2012, 06:59 PM
There are two items in the All Programs > Phantasy Star Online 2 Folder. Both have very similar icons.

One launches the game, the other (アンインストール) is the uninstaller.

You're clicking the wrong one.

Drutyper
Jul 11, 2012, 07:35 PM
Alright, thanks for clearing that up! And yes it is me whose clicking yes but I don't know what Im actually clicking on. Ill try to be more aware or remove the uninstaller from the desktop.

Fox2Tails
Jul 11, 2012, 10:10 PM
It's not hard to find out which one is the launcher and renaming it to something you can read

UnLucky
Jul 11, 2012, 10:18 PM
Not to mention one points to "pso2launcher.exe" and the other "unins000.exe"

Mag-X
Jul 11, 2012, 10:56 PM
My game launcher shortcut and icon in All Programs says "PHANTASY STAR ONLINE 2"
Does you guys' say "フアンタシースターオンライン2" or something?

Yakatsugi
Jul 11, 2012, 11:22 PM
Just re-download the game, you can't have as shitty of a connection as mine with 150kbs right?

Your shortcut should in no way make you uninstall the game, if it is you did something wrong.
The Launcher does not allow you to "uninstall" There's only an option of starting the game, checking for update, and settings.

Redownload and reinstall, this time use the default desktop shortcut it gave you and don't mess with the files, I guarantee you won't ever run into the problem again.

scrangos
Jul 11, 2012, 11:49 PM
Delete the shortcuts, and run the game from the pso2launcher.exe in the game folder, or make a shortcut to it yourself.