PDA

View Full Version : 3 NEW CLASSES

Kous
Jul 11, 2012, 07:15 PM
I noticed that no one has posted that bumped has posted a Phantasy Star Online 2 Japan 2012 Road Map and in the Fall bullet it shows that PSO2 is going to add 3 new classes and 5 New Weapon Categories.

I just wanted to know of anybody have any new ideas on what the new classes or New weapon categories could be. The possibilities are end-less :-P:-P:-P:-P

DoubleCannon
Jul 11, 2012, 07:18 PM
3 classes are beast, dunman thing and protranser =D

Quadocky
I am going to guess it will be...

Weapons: Slicer, Handgun, Rilfe, Saber, and Claw

Classes: Dunno.

Ana-Chan
All of this has been posted, it has just fallen a couple of pages down.
From what I remember, the ideas for the weapon categories were at least double saber, mechguns and wands, but I can't remember anything for the classes. If anything, they could be hybrid or more advanced classes for each type.

Konflyk
Jul 11, 2012, 07:20 PM

http://i1.kym-cdn.com/entries/icons/original/000/005/498/1300044776986.jpg

Scotty T
Jul 11, 2012, 07:20 PM
The new classes are hybrids of the first 3 I think.

Dan Maku
Jul 11, 2012, 07:21 PM
Can someone link to the source?

Shadownami92
Jul 11, 2012, 07:21 PM
I was pretty sure one of the new weapon types was going to be fists. I don't know if that counts though since barehanded fighting is already in the game.

ResiDenT
Jul 11, 2012, 07:22 PM
I want magic bow!

Gardios
Jul 11, 2012, 07:26 PM
Fists and Double Sabers are practically confirmed due to Getmut... hart... that one NPC and the concept art preview image.

Mike
Jul 11, 2012, 07:27 PM
There have actually been at least two topics about this. The original posting from Sega is this one:
http://pso2.jp/players/news/?id=165

Quadocky
Jul 11, 2012, 07:29 PM
I was pretty sure one of the new weapon types was going to be fists. I don't know if that counts though since barehanded fighting is already in the game.
I want some power fists!

Vylera
Jul 11, 2012, 07:39 PM

Class =/= race.

Scrub
Jul 11, 2012, 07:43 PM
I really hope that they just add in like a variant-class for one of each of the main classes. Like a force that focuses on Support spells or a Ranger that focuses on traps or something!

HIT0SHI
Jul 11, 2012, 07:44 PM
All I want is an Acrofighter :D

Crimera
Jul 11, 2012, 07:51 PM
Ok, Im confused. New races are being introduced too?

O.O

Zipzo
Jul 11, 2012, 07:51 PM
I am really skeptical about the idea of new classes...I wouldn't mind "specializations" but I think new classes will over complicate things and make things much too reminiscent of PSU...which is the last thing I want to be reminded of while playing PSO2.

The reason I really loved PSO2's debut system was the simplicity of getting the classic choice of being a FO, RA, or HU. Simple as that.

Thermalwolf
Jul 11, 2012, 07:53 PM
I am really skeptical about the idea of new classes...I wouldn't mind "specializations" but I think new classes will over complicate things and make things much too reminiscent of PSU...which is the last thing I want to be reminded of while playing PSO2.

Super Agree!

Nu Lo Yin
Jul 11, 2012, 07:53 PM
All of this has been posted, it has just fallen a couple of pages down.

Like anyone is going to go looking. Anyone who has been around forums for a while should know this

NoiseHERO
Jul 11, 2012, 07:56 PM
Like anyone is going to go looking. Anyone who has been around forums for a while should know this

Well ya wouldn't have to LOOK for it...

If people would stop being dumb, actually read, and not 5 threads that previously exist on the front page and spam the whole forum knocking down all the interesting and useful threads.

But yeah, okay.

It's cool to keep adding more!

Actually I DON'T care, lolforumetiquette but it's still dumb. :/

cheapgunner
Jul 11, 2012, 07:56 PM
Would be cool to have a summoner class in game. Summor a rockbear to fight against Dark Ragne in the city emergency run :D.

thablinksta
Jul 11, 2012, 07:58 PM
i think the new classes are gonna be mix of the other classes

hunter+ranger
hunter+force (WARTECHER FTW)
ranger+force

donezo

terrell707
Jul 11, 2012, 07:59 PM
If I remember correctly, datamining suggest that the 3 new classes will be subclasses. However if not, it will probably be: Magic hunter, magic ranger, melee ranger.

Randomness
Jul 11, 2012, 08:03 PM
I really hope that they just add in like a variant-class for one of each of the main classes. Like a force that focuses on Support spells or a Ranger that focuses on traps or something!

A support focused force? So, basically, I lose damage on my nukes and get... bigger numbers on Resta?

sugarFO
Jul 11, 2012, 08:07 PM

This. I wanna be pure support! :D

ps0k1d
Jul 11, 2012, 08:16 PM
I agree with sugarFO, as being a FOcast my damage isn't that great, so i decided to go the pure support route when playing FO. So I was bummed to see there was no skill tree specifically for Resta/Deband/Shifta. This would be a great addition and would make me want to play FO a lot more.

However, realistically i think they will be combo classes. Which would also be nice, a sword and resta combo wouldn't be to bad either. :)

Hobbez
Jul 11, 2012, 08:27 PM
I posted this in another thread that was discussing the pros and cons of leveling all 3 jobs on a single character, but it seems also relavant here.

There are 3 current jobs. There are 3 possible combos of those 3 jobs:

hunter + force = new job
ranger + force = different new job
hunter + ranger = 3rd new job

It's just an educated guess, but I'd bet donuts on this being not only the basis of any new jobs, but also the path to unlocking them. Putting in completely new classes just seems like more than we can expect with Sega's track record.

Ana-Chan
Jul 11, 2012, 08:48 PM

Well I know that, I was just pointing out that just because it isn't on page 1 doesn't mean it hasn't been posted. Basically, my post was a subtle reminder of this and that search helps a lot.
Anyway, just because you know people don't read and don't look, does it mean that you have to pamper them? It may be a losing battle, but if you can get through to at least one person that there is more to the forum than just page 1 then it was worth it.

Garnet_Moon
Jul 11, 2012, 09:52 PM
Give us Burn Trap EX so I can snooze during boss fights like I did with my tranny in psu.

Shirai
Jul 11, 2012, 10:11 PM
Honestly hoping for some hybrid classes...

Would make the melee Newmans slightly more useful.

ScottyMango
Jul 11, 2012, 10:16 PM
I'd be willing to bet money that it will be hybrid classes, such as wartecher and whatnot. I'm super excited about that, because I would really love to have a few techs on the side of my sword combat again.

Meevs
Jul 11, 2012, 10:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drayk

Super Agree!

Super Disagree!

LoL, if everyone can level everything, more classes would create a variety.

The Walrus
Jul 11, 2012, 10:21 PM
I kinda want a magic knight class at the very least.

KrankItVZ
Jul 11, 2012, 10:23 PM
OMG MORE WEAPONS! I'm gonna go broke now!

Laxedrane
Jul 11, 2012, 11:59 PM
I am more excited about new weapon classes then new classes themselves. I am quite surprised they are adding more new classes so early. I guess that's better then adding more level cap increases before they are ready?

I am hoping for the boomerang(I refuse to call those things from zero a slicer) for forces. A ranged attack weapon that I don't have to worry about if my character holding the card or if its over there be nice lol.

Spellbinder
Jul 12, 2012, 12:02 AM

The reason I really loved PSO2's debut system was the simplicity of getting the classic choice of being a FO, RA, or HU. Simple as that.

A million times this.

Arika
Jul 12, 2012, 12:24 AM
I am going to guess it will be...

Weapons: Slicer, Handgun, Rilfe, Saber, and Claw

Classes: Dunno.

Rifle won't be possible, because some of the current assault rifle is already called as sniper. Handgun and Saber are also very unlikely when they make the gunslash already.

It gonna be, Double saber, knuckle, Shotgun, wand, and may be either bow/or laser.

Blackheart521
Jul 12, 2012, 12:27 AM
Weapons
Knuckles
Daggers
Double Sabers
Mechguns
Wands

Classes
Hunter-Force
Hunter-Ranger
Ranger-Force

^^

Laxedrane
Jul 12, 2012, 12:38 AM
What benefit would wand bring to the table though? I wouldn't mind seeing wands but really the way the game currently set up unless it adds an innate ability to charge faster I don't see much point in having them.

They got away with them in zero becuase of the attack photon arts. In universe they cast faster but in this game they all techs seem to cast at the same rate no matter what the weapon. In PSO by the time we got to upper tier rares the only difference between it and staves or canes was what Tech bonuses they gave.

I wouldn't mind be able to perform zero's arts as well in pso2 though. Invisible stair case prance GO!

Darki
Jul 12, 2012, 01:09 AM

That's a very empty statement. Not everything in PSU was negative. They should take the best of both games and build on that.

I do like the simplicity of the classes, but PSO had a certain degree of hybridation that PSO2 lacks for now. In PSO, you could be a HUnewearl and balance out the lack of melee power with good techs. In PSO2, all classes are exactly the same, and there's no difference between a HUcast and a Hunewm except in stats and looks.

However, one of the things I didn't like of PSU was the crapfest of classes. Of the 13 there were, most of them were useless because SEGA wasn't able to balance them well. Most classes were redundant, and with just basic, expert and hybrid classes plus Protranser the game would have been much better. Acro classes were just a means of selling AotI and they took over the roles that would have made hybrids much more useful, and it would have been much more balancing if they have given their features and roles to hybrids, while Master classes in my opinion were nasty, cutting completely the variety of weapons you had, they were just stronger expert classes with less weapons, they could have just given those weapons and PAs to experts and end of the story.

The game should bring hybrids, so you can use the benefits of different races in different roles. Now, there's no reason to make a Newman HU other than just because you like the class and race combinations, and it would have been much cooler if each race had some perks in each class, like newmans having a speed boost, CASTs having a power boost and humans being balanced between those two aspects. I'd prefer if the system was more of a "sub-class" system rather than plain new classes, to keep the simplicity sense. So if you wanna be a Hunter newman, you could choose force subclass to access free teching, for example. But I actually loved the idea of the four original hybrid classes in PSU, and I wouldn't mind them back.

Just don't add them to make them useless and redundant so people ends playing the same 2~4 classes and leaving 11 behind.

DragonForce
Jul 12, 2012, 01:18 AM
Shotguns are a given. It's not a phantasy star game if it doesn't have a fucking spread needle in it!

Holy Demon
Jul 12, 2012, 02:25 AM
The weapons in post 38 should be the ones coming since those where found in the benchmark client file, also the extra classes found in the benchmark file are fighter, gunner and techer so now you have a idea of what to expect

Vylera
Jul 12, 2012, 02:39 AM

No one's forcing you to play anything besides FO, RA, and HU.

There's nothing wrong with more options, in my opinion.

If you don't want them, you don't have to touch them.

Unless they pull some kind of nonsense like you can't use dual sabers and knuckles on a hunter, only one of the new classes...

Spellbinder
Jul 12, 2012, 02:47 AM
Unless they pull some kind of nonsense like you can't use dual sabers and knuckles on a hunter, only one of the new classes...

This, among other reasons, is what made the bajillion classes of PSU so irritating for me.

Joe Friday
Jul 12, 2012, 03:06 AM
I'm in agreement with those who think that the 3 new classes will be hybrids. The equivalent of PSU's Fighgunner, Wartecher, and Guntecher?

Of course, hopefully PSO2 won't be buried under an avalanche of classes like PSU was. ^_^

If we do get hybrid, I'm definitely going Hunter-Force. That's why HUnewearls existed in the first place!

ExHaseo
Jul 12, 2012, 03:49 AM
I'm hoping it's Hybrids. I was pretty disappointed when I found out that my Hunter couldn't use technics, like they could in PSO1.

GoldenFalcon
Jul 12, 2012, 04:15 AM
Shotguns are a given. It's not a phantasy star game if it doesn't have a fucking spread needle in it!

Spread Needle would make an awesome Assault Rifle if they made the shotgun PA have an obvious unique animation

dilakri87
Jul 12, 2012, 04:39 AM
Tank

Supporter

CC / Status inflicter

Double saber, fist, mechgun, laser, gloves

Coatl
Jul 12, 2012, 04:56 AM
Tank

No.
no no no no no no no no no no no.

We are not playing WoW.

We do not have tanks. >.>

Darki
Jul 12, 2012, 05:27 AM
Actually a "wartecher" would make a good tank if they keep the original idea from PSU (not the later when they got axes), as they'd keep the higher HP from Hunter and PP from Force, plus good SDEF and TDEF, plus resta.

atrimiselgnacra
Jul 12, 2012, 05:36 AM
Actually a "wartecher" would make a good tank if they keep the original idea from PSU (not the later when they got axes), as they'd keep the higher HP from Hunter and PP from Force, plus good SDEF and TDEF, plus resta.

Seams like more of a good solo class, as opposed to a good "tank" style class.

And to the statement above the one I am quoting... Tanks have been around since before WoW... Pretty much every MMO had your "attention getting warrior" your "healer" and your "damage output" classes. Lots of games started to call them a "tank" even though they're more like meat shields, because sure, they're armored like a tank, but they can't roll over almost anything, and they sure can't blast things away.

But I'm always a damage or support character... Can anyone tell me if they have, or know if they plan to bring out whips from the Phantasy Star Portable line? ((Granted, they may be else where, but since I more-or-less skipped universe and it's expansion, these were the first time I saw whips.))

AlMcFly
Jul 12, 2012, 06:03 AM

http://i1.kym-cdn.com/entries/icons/original/000/005/498/1300044776986.jpg

I'm sorry. This is one of the best image replies I've seen. I am stealing this pic of George XD XD XD

Gama
Jul 12, 2012, 06:15 AM
it would be nice to be an hunter/force Hybrid.

quite curious about it.

Vylera
Jul 12, 2012, 06:20 AM
Tank

Hunter, guard stance + war cry.

Done.

AlMcFly
Jul 12, 2012, 06:26 AM
Hunter, guard stance + war cry.

Done.

Yes please. SO then maybe the Hunters can actually stop all mobs from chasing me after just a few tiny explosions. XD

Darki
Jul 12, 2012, 06:45 AM
Seams like more of a good solo class, as opposed to a good "tank" style class.

More than that I'd prefer it to be more offensive. Guntecher for me sounds more supportive, but that's my impression.

And to the statement above the one I am quoting... Tanks have been around since before WoW... Pretty much every MMO had your "attention getting warrior" your "healer" and your "damage output" classes. Lots of games started to call them a "tank" even though they're more like meat shields, because sure, they're armored like a tank, but they can't roll over almost anything, and they sure can't blast things away.

The problem is that in the PS series being a tank is not too useful because it's easy to draw monster's attention, although War Cry seems a nice talent.

But I'm always a damage or support character... Can anyone tell me if they have, or know if they plan to bring out whips from the Phantasy Star Portable line? ((Granted, they may be else where, but since I more-or-less skipped universe and it's expansion, these were the first time I saw whips.))

Well, I highly doubt (but I'd like) thet they bring back PSU's whips as wired lances are pretty much a pair of whips with a blade on the ends. But who knows.

Zipzo
Jul 12, 2012, 06:48 AM
That's a very empty statement. Not everything in PSU was negative. They should take the best of both games and build on that.

I do like the simplicity of the classes, but PSO had a certain degree of hybridation that PSO2 lacks for now. In PSO, you could be a HUnewearl and balance out the lack of melee power with good techs. In PSO2, all classes are exactly the same, and there's no difference between a HUcast and a Hunewm except in stats and looks.

However, one of the things I didn't like of PSU was the crapfest of classes. Of the 13 there were, most of them were useless because SEGA wasn't able to balance them well. Most classes were redundant, and with just basic, expert and hybrid classes plus Protranser the game would have been much better. Acro classes were just a means of selling AotI and they took over the roles that would have made hybrids much more useful, and it would have been much more balancing if they have given their features and roles to hybrids, while Master classes in my opinion were nasty, cutting completely the variety of weapons you had, they were just stronger expert classes with less weapons, they could have just given those weapons and PAs to experts and end of the story.

The game should bring hybrids, so you can use the benefits of different races in different roles. Now, there's no reason to make a Newman HU other than just because you like the class and race combinations, and it would have been much cooler if each race had some perks in each class, like newmans having a speed boost, CASTs having a power boost and humans being balanced between those two aspects. I'd prefer if the system was more of a "sub-class" system rather than plain new classes, to keep the simplicity sense. So if you wanna be a Hunter newman, you could choose force subclass to access free teching, for example. But I actually loved the idea of the four original hybrid classes in PSU, and I wouldn't mind them back.

Just don't add them to make them useless and redundant so people ends playing the same 2~4 classes and leaving 11 behind.It's not an empty statement. PSU was horrible.

The argument for the hybridization you both seek and fawn for doesn't exist in PSO or even PSU either. The reason your point is moot is because even though HUnewearls got to dip in to techniques, HUnewearl was still a basic chosen class. This means that every single HUnewearl was the same (except for stats added by mag). In PSU the only margin of difference was your weapon grinds/elements, and your race.

All in all, you're met with the same fundamental differences between players in PSO2...race, weapon quality, and mag.

To be honest the only fundamental difference between characters in PSO were restrictions. Nobody but casts could use traps, HUmars could only JZ, RAmars could only SD, only the females could do both with better TECHs overall. That is not something I want in PSO2. The idea of the same toolset being available to everyone to take advantage and utilize in order to display higher skill than others is much more pleasing to me than pretentious restrictions based on the race/class you chose.

No one's forcing you to play anything besides FO, RA, and HU.

There's nothing wrong with more options, in my opinion.

If you don't want them, you don't have to touch them.

What gives you any idea that they *wont* do this?

Jonth
Jul 12, 2012, 06:52 AM
Yeah, I wouldn't be expecting whips since wired lances have pretty much replaced them. As far as the classes I'm expecting and hoping for the hybrids. Battle force (Hunter + Force) FTW.

PSU wasn't horrible to all of us. 3 classes is just boring to me. Give me pretentious restrictions. :)

Zipzo
Jul 12, 2012, 07:06 AM
Yeah, I wouldn't be expecting whips since wired lances have pretty much replaced them. As far as the classes I'm expecting and hoping for the hybrids. Battle force (Hunter + Force) FTW.

PSU wasn't horrible to all of us. 3 classes is just boring to me. Give me pretentious restrictions. :)Then me and you + darkri clearly have a different set of ideas on what will work for the game better in the long run. I'll agree to disagree here, but I think there is something to be said about keeping things simple. It can go a long way, and end up being much more effective than adding a rotundity to something that isn't broken in the first place.

Darki
Jul 12, 2012, 07:22 AM
It's not an empty statement. PSU was horrible.

I never said otherwise. But not EVERYTHING in PSU was horrible. So saying that ANYTHING that reminds of PSU is crap is an empty statement.

Or, doesn't the character creator remind you of PSU? It's closer to that game than to PSU. Clothing/parts system too. Combat system too, and as far as I remember, combat in PSO was the most boring battle system I've played ever since old FF-style RPGs. I repeat, I agree with you that PSU was horrible, but not ALL of it. Same as not ALL of PSO was zomfgwtfbbqawesome, it had its flaws too.

The argument for the hybridization you both seek and fawn for doesn't exist in PSO or even PSU either. The reason your point is moot is because even though HUnewearls got to dip in to techniques, HUnewearl was still a basic chosen class. This means that every single HUnewearl was the same (except for stats added by mag). In PSU the only margin of difference was your weapon grinds/elements, and your race.

All in all, you're met with the same fundamental differences between players in PSO2...race, weapon quality, and mag.

I don't think I get what do you mean here. In PSO, each race/class combination was unique. At least, more unique than now. In PSO, a cast wouldn't fight the exact same way than a newman because they had access to whole different ways of fighting.

In PSO2, besides looks, there's no objective reason to choose a Hunewm over a HUcast, because they fight exactly the same, only that the first one is weaker. It doesn't have any advantage over the second, except cosmetics, for those who prefer that look. And if the idea was to keep everything about that in the cosmetics department, then why to make them with different stats?

Hybrids would change that, because for example, a newman's best option as a hunter class would be to go wartecher.

To be honest the only fundamental difference between characters in PSO were restrictions. Nobody but casts could use traps, HUmars could only JZ, RAmars could only SD, only the females could do both with better TECHs overall. That is not something I want in PSO2. The idea of the same toolset being available to everyone to take advantage and utilize in order to display higher skill than others is much more pleasing to me than pretentious restrictions based on the race/class you chose.

But the restrictions, well managed, are good. Because then, why add classes? Isn't it a "restriction" having to choose between hunter, ranger or force, to be able to use their weapons and abilities? Why add races? Isn't it a "restriction" not to be able to turn my little "long-ears" into a cyborg with Gundam parts on a whim, instead of having to choose that at the beginning? Wouldn't it be better to have a single character that can access everything so you're not "restricted"?

I'm sorry, but I don't agree with you. I like the currenct classes, and I'd like even more to have the possibility to mix them even if it's a little. it would bring more variety to the game.

Then me and you + darkri clearly have a different set of ideas on what will work for the game better in the long run. I'll agree to disagree here, but I think there is something to be said about keeping things simple. It can go a long way, and end up being much more effective than adding a rotundity to something that isn't broken in the first place.

I agree on the "keeping things simple" part, but I don't see adding just 3 more classes, as hybrids, going that far from simplicity. For me 6 classes is not much, hell, most MMOs I've played have at least 6 initial classes and then they go into a class evolution crapfest of over 30 types of character. I don't like that in PSO2. I didn't like having 16 classes in PSU. But I'd like having 6 if that means I can have a character that can use technics and good melee weapons other than gunslashes.

Zipzo
Jul 12, 2012, 07:46 AM
I'm looking at it from the top of a slippery slope (which SEGA is guilty of sliding down without failure).

Also, as far as I am aware in PSO2, race does present different base stats...so you may be incorrect about nothing affecting your character as a whole aside from looks.

PSO was early year 2000s...of course its combat could have used work. PSU was a large improvement on that, but the PA spam was something I felt watered down the gameplay.

Jonth
Jul 12, 2012, 08:02 AM
I'm looking at it from the top of a slippery slope (which SEGA is guilty of sliding down without failure).

Also, as far as I am aware in PSO2, race does present different base stats...so you may be incorrect about nothing affecting your character as a whole aside from looks.

PSO was early year 2000s...of course its combat could have used work. PSU was a large improvement on that, but the PA spam was something I felt watered down the gameplay.

Actually... He pointed out that the only difference BESIDES stats was looks. He was saying that because stats are the only real difference, without some sort of hybrid class, there is only one real right answer to each class.

For example, yeah you can choose to be a Newman Hunter, but why when the only difference between a Cast Hunter is the stats which innately make the Cast better at it (if only marginally, since the stats are not immensely different in PSO2). Add in a Force sub however, and a Newman could become more appealing than a Cast.

GoldenFalcon
Jul 12, 2012, 08:04 AM
What I'm wondering is, if the 3 new classes are just hybrid classes, then which weapons does each get? Something like

Fighgunner: Knuckles, Doublesaber, Mechguns
Wartecher: Rod, Knuckles, Twin Daggers
Guntecher: Card, Wand, Mechguns
And of course Gunslash for all because lol

G.A.M.E.R-X
Jul 12, 2012, 08:15 AM
=/....... This thread

The game got datamined ages ago guys. Theres only 5 weapon classes in the game data, that ARENT in the current game. Those 5 are:

Double Saber (Looks more like a swallow, not a double lightsaber)
Knuckles
Twin Daggers
Twin Mechguns
Wand

Also through datamining, its known that Dewman stats are in the game data. Best guess for the 3 new classes?

Dewman Hunter
Dewman Force
Dewman Ranger

Then again I don't know anything about Dewmans aside that they were in that portable game, so if they had 3 classes for them in that game that arent what I listed there, then those are your 3 new classes. The new classes revolve around Dewmans. Screencap this post. I'm even willing to bet the mysterious masked purple guy is a Dewman, and his racial reveal in the games matterboard storyline will coincide with the new classes update. Its too obvious given how they hide his features, showing only his hair. Bet on it.

Induring no one reads this just like the last time I posted the confirmed weapons, and continues guessing like we don't basically already know all this stuff for all intents and purposes

GoldenFalcon
Jul 12, 2012, 08:17 AM
I call negative on that. It makes no sense for them to ruin the class system, only allowing new weapons on the new race

NoiseHERO
Jul 12, 2012, 08:25 AM
=/....... This thread

The game got datamined ages ago guys. Theres only 5 weapon classes in the game data, that ARENT in the current game. Those 5 are:

Double Saber (Looks more like a swallow, not a double lightsaber)
Knuckles
Twin Daggers
Twin Mechguns
Wand

Also through datamining, its known that Dewman stats are in the game data. Best guess for the 3 new classes?

Dewman Hunter
Dewman Force
Dewman Ranger

Then again I don't know anything about Dewmans aside that they were in that portable game, so if they had 3 classes for them in that game that arent what I listed there, then those are your 3 new classes. The new classes revolve around Dewmans. Screencap this post. I'm even willing to bet the mysterious masked purple guy is a Dewman, and his racial reveal in the games matterboard storyline will coincide with the new classes update. Its too obvious given how they hide his features, showing only his hair. Bet on it.

Induring no one reads this just like the last time I posted the confirmed weapons, and continues guessing like we don't basically already know all this stuff for all intents and purposes

They said in the past they could or would add new races. But they'd more than likely actually call them races. Not their race/class combination.

My assumption is that the new classes will just be hybrids. As long as the "wartecher" can use wiredlance, I've no complaints.

And yeah I get ignored when I bring up the 5 obvious weapons too. But meh "WELL PEOPLE CAN STILL SAY WHAT WEAPONS THEY WANTED, EVEN THOUGH THAT CHANGES THE INITIAL QUESTION FROM WHAT DO YOU THINK IT'LL BE TO, WHAT DO YOU WANT IT TO BE!"

G.A.M.E.R-X
Jul 12, 2012, 08:26 AM
I call negative on that. It makes no sense for them to ruin the class system, only allowing new weapons on the new race

Where did I ever say the new weapons were limited to the new race?

I said that in no way shape or form.

Obviously the double saber will be hunters, knuckles might be hunters and rangers, twin mechs will follow whatever class equip form they followed in PSO (I forget atm) and Wand is obviously Force only. Twin Daggers might be Hunter and Force, I forget who all could equip those in PSO.

This games basically a next gen reimagining of the first PSO, so whatever equip guidelines these weapons had in the first game will most likely apply here as well.

Zipzo
Jul 12, 2012, 08:33 AM

Obviously the double saber will be hunters, knuckles might be hunters and rangers, twin mechs will follow whatever class equip form they followed in PSO (I forget atm) and Wand is obviously Force only. Twin Daggers might be Hunter and Force, I forget who all could equip those in PSO.

This games basically a next gen reimagining of the first PSO, so whatever equip guidelines these weapons had in the first game will most likely apply here as well.Unless the 3 new classes are not just dewman versions of the basic classes already available. If they are 'advanced' or sub-classes I'm sure we'll see weapon specificity.

GoldenFalcon
Jul 12, 2012, 08:33 AM

You said Dewman Hunter would be a class
And. It is my belief they won't just add doublesabers to the Hunter skill tree. That's what the new classes are for

Omisan
Jul 12, 2012, 08:35 AM
The PA for mechguns will be so awesome. Shooting in two directions and such like a BAMF

G.A.M.E.R-X
Jul 12, 2012, 08:45 AM
Unless the 3 new classes are not just dewman versions of the basic classes already available. If they are 'advanced' or sub-classes I'm sure we'll see weapon specificity.

Maybe? I'm talking about how the weapons will apply to the CURRENT classes. The 3 new classes revolving around Dewmans are only gonna exist to try and entice people to pay up for a second character slot to try them.

Also I'm gonna go out on a limb and say the unreleased wind and megid techs will probably be Dewman only, hence why they arent available right now. Getting the feeling that in this games universe, Dewmans (the corrupt ones like purple mystery guy) are the Dark ARKers, (Sega is using the word 'D-Arker' for a reason obviously) so in this games canon the name Dewman is probably short for Dark Newman or some jazz (unless thats actually what it literally means, hell if i know). Thusly only they can wield Megid/Megido.

I have a feeling that the Darker Homeworld will become available at the same time as these classes release (theres concept art showing a world that HAS to be the darker home world). I'm guessing the excuse to allow these playable dark newmans is that the ones you can play as, are the natives of this world,the uncorrupted ones, who live in hiding/fighting a war of attrition against the darkers that have corrupted their planet, learned the dark magic along the way etc.

It just seems to be the most obvious route for the plot and working them into it.

Zepia
Jul 12, 2012, 08:51 AM
Finally they're adding in Dumans, I've been wanting to see them in PSO ever since I played PSp2 Infinity. Will definitely spend the AC for this new race.

NoiseHERO
Jul 12, 2012, 08:51 AM
Witnessing one of those "I'm definitely glad a random forum poster isn't making this game" moments..

G.A.M.E.R-X
Jul 12, 2012, 08:53 AM
You said Dewman Hunter would be a class
And. It is my belief they won't just add doublesabers to the Hunter skill tree. That's what the new classes are for

My fault, I thought you meant something else there.

In that case yeah, I agree that the new weapon classes, like the wind spells and megid spells, will be dewman classes only. Which is crappy, but sega wants to make people want to shell out the bucks for a second character. So I can easily see them making popular weapons like double saber only usable by the new dewman classes

Oh well so much for the new weapons guys! lol

NoiseHERO
Jul 12, 2012, 08:56 AM
Dewmans are not a class! D<

G.A.M.E.R-X
Jul 12, 2012, 08:57 AM
Witnessing one of those "I'm definitely glad a random forum poster isn't making this game" moments..

These aren't my ideas lol, I'm guessing at what bad tropes sega is going to play on, based on what would be the quickest easiest way for them to get these characters in the game and explain why you can play as a race which is very most likely, also the bad guys in part.

I'm sure you've seen the plot translations, the plots all over the place and derpy as hell. I'm just seeing the obvious based off the goofy crumb trail they've laid out so far. The bad plots gonna stay bad lol

G.A.M.E.R-X
Jul 12, 2012, 08:58 AM
Dewmans are not a class! D<

You know what I'm saying dude. Theres gonna be 3 goofy named classes, and all 3 of em are gonna be Dewman race. I dont know the names yet obviously so I'm just saying dewman classes

Crysteon
Jul 12, 2012, 09:23 AM
Yo dawg, I heard you liked PSU hybrid classes, so I will add to your current PSO2 classes the very same PSU classes, dawg.

Yeah...it's pretty much going to be like Fighgunner (Hunter+Ranger), Wartecher (Hunter+Force) and Guntecher(Ranger+Force).

So, start leveling your basic classes to at least Lv 30!

Darki
Jul 12, 2012, 09:40 AM
You know what I'm saying dude. Theres gonna be 3 goofy named classes, and all 3 of em are gonna be Dewman race. I dont know the names yet obviously so I'm just saying dewman classes

I highly doubt that they will make race-specific classes.

Zipzo
Jul 12, 2012, 09:47 AM
I highly doubt that they will make race-specific classes.
He's not suggesting they will.

He's simply saying the 3 new 'classes' will simply just be the Duman race available as all 3 current available classes.

NoiseHERO
Jul 12, 2012, 09:49 AM
He's not suggesting they will.

He's simply saying the 3 new 'classes' will simply just be the Duman race available as all 3 current available classes.

I don't know..

I'd say the Classes turning out to be hybrids a million times more likely, and they'd actually call the Duman/Dewman Race an actual Race and not "3 new classes."

Even with the possible theory that SEGA may stupid..

Darki
And why would they say then "3 new classes" instead of just "1 new race"? :/ Anybody would assume that they'd be aviable for the three current classes, What else, classless dumans? <_<

Seems a silly way of wording to me, anyways. I don't think the people in SEGA are of the brightest type, but I don't think they'd get to that level.

Gardios
They wouldn't advertise Dewman as 3 new classes but 6, they're counting every race/gender/class as one "class".

Akaimizu
Jul 12, 2012, 09:52 AM
New classes. Let's see how well they'll balance them this time.

Darki
Jul 12, 2012, 09:55 AM
I wouldn't worry too much with just 3.

Akaimizu
Jul 12, 2012, 09:56 AM
Well, in all actuality, they did have trouble with just 3 more. On the other hand, they've probably learned a lot since then.

In PSO, they initially introduced class combinations which behaved a bit more like hybrids; but they kind of overpowered them. Of course, they had the balance all wrong with PSO version 1 with just 3 classes total, making Forces have zero advantages over Hunters and were basically squishy Hunter wannabes without the ATP. Version 2 fixed a number of these issues.

In PSU, they initially under-powered the hybrids, brought them up to probably the right level, while way overcompensating the non-hybrid classes.
PSZ - only 3 classes, overpowered force and seriously nerfed certain other classes. Particularly rangers (who didn't use glitches).

PSP2, stuck to only 3 classes and a hybrid class; but given the ability to self modify your class to something different and balanced, worked out pretty well. Though forces took a hit until infinity.

So yeah, they've had their balance issues with every previous Phantasy Star release normally only being adhered to in a completely new release. Often overcompensating from a previous issue.

Still, I imagine they learned a lot from that, and being this is F2P, they likely will not go the *wait until expansion before fix* route.

They just haven't exactly had a history of being able to handle that many classes in the same game. So one might be a little wary of whether they will handle it well. Still, I think they might have learned to:
1. have enough stats to lower the complications of balance tweaks
2. Be a little more subtle with their balance changes so it doesn't appear like a person who tries to pilot a plane, sees it leaning too far to the left and compensates by steering the other direction wildly instead of smoothly using the controls to make the minor correction that really works.

NoiseHERO
Jul 12, 2012, 09:58 AM
Only one that would be missing is protranser and the 2 acro classes. D:

Otherwise this would be like PSU's start.

Except not keeping the 3 original classes as basic and making forte versions.

JCGamer
Jul 12, 2012, 09:59 AM
I think that new classes is good just hope not bring old classes from psu I mean its better have newer classes than one from psu.

Darki
Jul 12, 2012, 10:01 AM
Well, in all actuality, they did have trouble with just 3 more. On the other hand, they've probably learned a lot since then.

Did they? In PSU classes were not THAT messed up before AotI, as far as I remember. if only they had given the speed boosts, new S ranks and tech caps accordingly to the three hybrids and raised the caps and weapon ranks for the experts, there wouldnt have need for acro & master classes.

But they had to sell AotI and for that they had fo fuck the balance.

I think that new classes is good just hope not bring old classes from psu I mean its better have newer classes than one from psu.

And what would those new classes be, then? The simplest route would be hybrids. Unless you want the typical "thief", "medic" and "trapper" jobs from other RPGs, which would be very unoriginal for me.

bloodflowers
Jul 12, 2012, 10:03 AM
Lack of hybrids is one of the prime reasons I wasn't that interested in playing PSO2. This is good news.

Metalsnake27
Jul 12, 2012, 10:06 AM
I do hope Beasts come out. Still my favorite race <_< >_>

Darki
Jul 12, 2012, 10:07 AM
I agree, but partially. I have mixed feelings about that. They should add more non-humanoid races, or at least with the option to make them non-humanoid, in a similar way that you can go gundam or cyborg with casts. Now that we have Photon Blasts for everybody, instead of nanoblasts they could make possible to have more furry, animal-like versions of beasts as the default shape. I'd definitely love to play with a huge tattooed gorilla with an oversized lightsaber. xD

I mean, instead of going with the notion that beasts can be chibi forever or grow like normal humans from PSU, they could make them so they can range between furry and human. And furry beasts could have different types of clothing that would match their anatomy.

Zipzo
Jul 12, 2012, 10:10 AM
I do hope Beasts come out. Still my favorite race <_< >_>For the light, god no.

Darki
For the light, god no.

God yes.

Akaimizu
I'm more for getting Motavians than Beasts. You want classic PS beasts, they are your guys.

Darki
Jul 12, 2012, 10:12 AM
I'm more for getting Moltavians than Beasts. You want a classic PS beast, they are your guys.

That'd be nice, too. I'm just tired of anthropomorphic races, they're all the same but with different ears, that's so unoriginal. Beasts, or Motavians, but in a more monster-like apperance, would be a nice addition to the game. We already have the mechas, now we need nature's force. xD

Jonth
Jul 12, 2012, 10:20 AM

Dewman Hunter
Dewman Force
Dewman Ranger

Then again I don't know anything about Dewmans aside that they were in that portable game, so if they had 3 classes for them in that game that arent what I listed there, then those are your 3 new classes. The new classes revolve around Dewmans. Screencap this post.

Complete and total nonsense. As far as the weapons go, sure, I'll give you that. I'll also give you the fact that there will very possibly be Dumans in the game, and that the NPC you are talking about could be one.

However, from what I am reading, it seems you are suggesting that all that was data-mined is all that will ever be in the game. They can add new classes besides what is already in the client.

Also, it is clear that this game has stepped away from the PSO style method of naming classes. Classes are not named from their Class/Race/Gender combination in PSO2. They are not. A Male Newman Force is NOT a FOnewm. He is a Force who happens to be a male Newman. Likewise, a Male Duman Force would not be a FOdewm (or whatever), but rather a Force, who happens to be a male Duman. They're not going to step away from this trend mid-game and have most of the classes named like their PSU counterparts, and the rest named like their PSO counterparts. It's not going to happen. Screen cap this post. The classes they are referring to will be completely separate classes, or possibly a sub class system.

GoldenFalcon
Jul 12, 2012, 10:21 AM
Needs more Furry Stance

Hrith
Jul 12, 2012, 10:31 AM
We know for a fact that twin daggers, double sabres, knuckles and machineguns are in the game, that's already four.

As for the classes, I really hope they go for a subclass system. If they don't, we're going to have most classes suck again.

Darki
Jul 12, 2012, 10:36 AM
As for the classes, I really hope they go for a subclass system. If they don't, we're going to have most classes suck again.

As long as I can have a Force/Hunter hybrid, they can make it a subclass system, or add three new classes, or whatever they want. I don't care how they name it, just let me use swords and techs.

A subclass system, however, would make the game more appealing to me. The problem is that they would restrict them of adding even more classes, which probably we wouldn't like but they'd want to make money with.

Zipzo
Jul 12, 2012, 10:38 AM
Complete and total nonsense. As far as the weapons go, sure, I'll give you that. I'll also give you the fact that there will very possibly be Dumans in the game, and that the NPC you are talking about could be one.

However, from what I am reading, it seems you are suggesting that all that was data-mined is all that will ever be in the game. They can add new classes besides what is already in the client.

Also, it is clear that this game has stepped away from the PSO style method of naming classes. Classes are not named from their Class/Race/Gender combination in PSO2. They are not. A Male Newman Force is NOT a FOnewm. He is a Force who happens to be a male Newman. Likewise, a Male Duman Force would not be a FOdewm (or whatever), but rather a Force, who happens to be a male Duman. They're not going to step away from this trend mid-game and have most of the classes named like their PSU counterparts, and the rest named like their PSO counterparts. It's not going to happen. Screen cap this post. The classes they are referring to will be completely separate classes, or possibly a sub class system.

It's PSO. People are going to refer to the combinations as the original PSO outlined it so.

They are just names and PSO style classifications that people like to use, they have no bearing on anything important, HUmarls were never in PSO but that doesn't stop everyone from calling human female hunters HUmarls. I doubt it was unexpected.

Blackheart521
Jul 12, 2012, 10:38 AM
As long as I can have a Force/Hunter hybrid, they can make it a subclass system, or add three new classes, or whatever they want. I don't care how they name it, just let me use swords and techs.

A subclass system, however, would make the game more appealing to me.

This... its all I ever wanted ^^

Darki
Jul 12, 2012, 10:41 AM
It's PSO. People are going to refer to the combinations as the original PSO outlined it so.

They are just names and PSO style classifications that people like to use, they have no bearing on anything important, HUmarls were never in PSO but that doesn't stop everyone from calling human female hunters HUmarls. I doubt it was unexpected.

In any case then that notion would invalidate the statement about the three "new" classes being just dumans basic classes. Because as it was said already, they'd have to refer to them for their gender name too, so they would have said "six new classes" unless dumans are genderless.

Hrith
Jul 12, 2012, 10:43 AM
Really? PSO was fine with only the basic classes D:

The more you add classes (or races, etc) to a game, the more you 1) break the balance, and 2) increase the odds - sometimes dramatically - to make a class (race) useless.

Blackheart521
Jul 12, 2012, 10:47 AM
Really? PSO was fine with only the basic classes D:

The more you add classes (or races, etc) to a game, the more you 1) break the balance, and 2) increase the odds - sometimes dramatically - to make a class (race) useless.

But the thing is with the basic classes in pso it was fine because even as a hunter/ranger you could still cast some techs, I need some resta lol ^^;

Scline
Jul 12, 2012, 10:49 AM
Looks like Drayk and I agree on at least one thing, keep those beasts away from this game.

However, if you want this game to be more like PSO, then just go play PSO. If you want it to be more like PSU, go play PSU. My bet is on the 3 hybrid classes, and anyone who doesn't like it can go shove it. So many people on these forums are quite literally BUTTHURT over PSU. SEGA didn't force you to play the game, you didn't have to renew your subscription to it. We're talking MMORPGs here, the genre is FLOODED so if you don't like it then go play something else.

tl;dr stop being butthurt, hybrid classes seem most likely, weapons will probably be the ones previously mentioned in datamining posts.

So now that that has been settled, how do you think they would implement the hybrid classes? By that I mean what do you believe the requirements would be? I think it's somewhat absurd to expect people to get their character to cap 6 times(But, you know, SEGA), although you're not forced to play all classes I do believe a LOT of people, probably too many people, have been doing that as of late.
Will they create them as subclasses that rely on a combined total of the classes levels divided by the number of classes? (IE: Hunter 20/Ranger 30 = Fighgunner 25) I doubt they'd do that, since there would be no need to actually level fighgunner, you would just level hunter and ranger, but it is food for thought and that's what threads like this are for.

Zipzo
Jul 12, 2012, 10:49 AM
But the thing is with the basic classes in pso it was fine because even as a hunter/ranger you could still cast some techs, I need some resta lol ^^;Bring mates. Problem solved.

Run out of mates? You probably need to get better at the game.

Blackheart521
Jul 12, 2012, 10:53 AM
Bring mates. Problem solved.

Even so, Resta saves money mang, though its usually not much money in comparison to how much you have, its still fun to heal yourself at no cost to your meseta, and having Shifta or Zalure as a hunter would be nice to increase damage output when you have no force in the party. ^^

BIG OLAF
Jul 12, 2012, 10:54 AM
I'm just worried that eventually, there will be game-breaking classes that -almost- everyone will play (like the "Master" classes in PSU), and will render the other classes useless. These 'hybrid' classes are going to need to be very well-balanced.

Hrith
Jul 12, 2012, 10:54 AM
But the thing is with the basic classes in pso it was fine because even as a hunter/ranger you could still cast some techs, I need some resta lol ^^;Yes, of course, but that's not what I meant. We need more classes in PSO2, but I do not think we need more than hybrids of the basic classes.

Zipzo
Jul 12, 2012, 10:56 AM
Yes, of course, but that's not what I meant. We need more classes in PSO2, but I do not think we need more than hybrids of the basic classes.Disagree.

We don't need any more classes. That's great that we're getting a few, but we certainly don't need them. Balance becomes such a massive issue to those who seek fair competitive performance no matter what class they choose to play. Anymore than that I'll start preaching that we shouldn't be getting more than we already have at that point (which will be 6).

Darki
Jul 12, 2012, 10:58 AM
Looks like Drayk and I agree on at least one thing, keep those beasts away from this game.

Why? Because they're from PSU?

However, if you want this game to be more like PSO, then just go play PSO. If you want it to be more like PSU, go play PSU. My bet is on the 3 hybrid classes, and anyone who doesn't like it can go shove it. So many people on these forums are quite literally BUTTHURT over PSU. SEGA didn't force you to play the game, you didn't have to renew your subscription to it. We're talking MMORPGs here, the genre is FLOODED so if you don't like it then go play something else.

tl;dr stop being butthurt, hybrid classes seem most likely, weapons will probably be the ones previously mentioned in datamining posts.

I don't see wat's the problem about addressing the good points of both previous games and wishing them in the current one. I don't want the game to be more like PSO or PSU, but I do want that they adapt whatever successful system of both games into PSO2, because if they were good, why not?

So now that that has been settled, how do you think they would implement the hybrid classes? By that I mean what do you believe the requirements would be? I think it's somewhat absurd to expect people to get their character to cap 6 times(But, you know, SEGA), although you're not forced to play all classes I do believe a LOT of people, probably too many people, have been doing that as of late.
Will they create them as subclasses that rely on a combined total of the classes levels divided by the number of classes? (IE: Hunter 20/Ranger 30 = Fighgunner 25) I doubt they'd do that, since there would be no need to actually level fighgunner, you would just level hunter and ranger, but it is food for thought and that's what threads like this are for.

The sub-class sustem would be nice for me but I'm not sure how would they make it work. It would be unfair for them too level up at the same time, as you'd be able to go twice as fast as any other player, and having the exp split between the two would slow down the proggress a lot and would be boring too. The simplest way would be just to make new independant classes and do with that. I wouldn't dislike a wartecher class, either, but I think a subclass system would be more "pro".

Bring mates. Problem solved.

Or add hybrid classes. problem solved. xD

Scline
Jul 12, 2012, 11:01 AM
Yes, of course, but that's not what I meant. We need more classes in PSO2, but I do not think we need more than hybrids of the basic classes.

Agreed, I don't think there's much use for "forte" classes as in PSU(definitely not master classes), just update the Hunter class to include new weapons. I mean, as it is we can already equip what was considered A rank weapons in PSU, whereas base hunter in PSU juggled max of B and C. Also, I think this would help SEGA to focus more on what everyone here seems to be worried about when it comes to these classes... Balancing.

In my opinion, it's cool and all that we're getting new classes and a cap upgrade to 50 in the fall, but the game has only been out for a few weeks.. They're already planning on new classes so early, what will the game be like 2 years from now? Will they keep steady on making new classes every 6 or so months, making it 15 total classes in 2 years?! Or will the character related(level caps/classes, etc.) content slow down as time goes on?

Darki
Jul 12, 2012, 11:05 AM
I hope it never reaches 15 classes. I agree on not needing forte classes, and just upgrading the current ones instead, but who knows what they do. The problem is the "progression sense" that would give level restrictions. If to make a WT, for example, you gotta level up HU and FO, that would put that class "above" them somehow.

I'd prefer if they add the three hybrids and they never make any other class. Maybe Protranser, with big traps, grenade launcher, sword and a new weapon that equips traps instead of PAs and gives them cool effects. 7 classes, end of story. Buw I don't think they'll be satisfied with just that.

Scline
Jul 12, 2012, 11:10 AM
Why? Because they're from PSU?

No, because I hated beasts and they creep me out. :(

I don't see wat's the problem about addressing the good points of both previous games and wishing them in the current one. I don't want the game to be more like PSO or PSU, but I do want that they adapt whatever successful system of both games into PSO2, because if they were good, why not?

I was more directing this at the people complaining about "how bad PSU was", PSO and PSU had really good elements, what SEGA did to the games after their release that changed those elements does not change that they were good ideas and could be reworked successfully.

The sub-class sustem would be nice for me but I'm not sure how would they make it work. It would be unfair for them too level up at the same time, as you'd be able to go twice as fast as any other player, and having the exp split between the two would slow down the proggress a lot and would be boring too. The simplest way would be just to make new independant classes and do with that. I wouldn't dislike a wartecher class, either, but I think a subclass system would be more "pro".

I think they'll most likely add them as separate classes, which I'm fine with but my main concern is will they stop after 6 classes? Getting 3 classes to level 50 will already take a while, they're now multiplying that by 2, possibly by 3 next year who knows.

BIG OLAF
Jul 12, 2012, 11:11 AM

Beasts were the best (not statistically; CASTs were the best there).

Darki
Jul 12, 2012, 11:14 AM

But they were just people with cat ears and weird faces. <_<

I'd like beasts, honestly. Or Motavians. Just something NEW, not dumans, which will be just the same shit, but with eyepatches or something on the like. Boooooooring. But I think beasts are a great concept, if they did it well. As I said, we have already the gundams, we need the big monsters.

I'd certainly love seeing a tall furry tattooed blue gorilla whooping the ass of a rockbear barehanded.

I was more directing this at the people complaining about "how bad PSU was", PSO and PSU had really good elements, what SEGA did to the games after their release that changed those elements does not change that they were good ideas and could be reworked successfully.

I always though that PSU was a great concept in the hands of crap developers. I loved it on the first stages, it just spiraled down to hell from AotI. The JP expansion patch kinda fixed it a bit, but the damage had been done already.

I think they'll most likely add them as separate classes, which I'm fine with but my main concern is will they stop after 6 classes? Getting 3 classes to level 50 will already take a while, they're now multiplying that by 2, possibly by 3 next year who knows.

I honestly hope they stop after 6 (or 7, I wouldn't dislike PT, as I said), they could just expand talent trees, add new weapon types and stuff like that without adding more classes. in PSU most classes were just the same, umbalanced shit.

Scline
Jul 12, 2012, 11:17 AM
Beasts were the best (not statistically; CASTs were the best there).

Nope. I used to sit around outside the counter for HSM on PSU shouting "Human Supremacy Mission!"

Humans were superior race, second being CASTs(statistically superior, damn them).

Darki
Jul 12, 2012, 11:18 AM
Laia would be upset with you. And you wouldn't like that. Look at what she did to the Vol bro's.

BIG OLAF
Jul 12, 2012, 11:19 AM
Humans were superior race

You should feel bad. So very, very bad.

NoiseHERO
Jul 12, 2012, 11:21 AM

WE MADE YOOOOUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU D<

Darki
Jul 12, 2012, 11:21 AM
I actually though that humans were boring in this game. is like seeing any random person with a lightsaber.

G.A.M.E.R-X
Jul 12, 2012, 11:22 AM
No beasts, thanks. Ship 2 and ten are cancerous enough with the bronies, reddit and tumblr scum and edgy teens, we dont need to attract furries to the mix as well

They have Tera to play as their glorified furry avatar chatroom, let them stay there christ

People can go play PSU if they need to play as an anthropoderpic creature

NoiseHERO
Jul 12, 2012, 11:23 AM
I actually though that humans were boring in this game. is like seeing any random person with a lightsaber.

Well newmans just look like hoebag humans with weird ears!

@ GAMERX > Implying this game isn't going to "worse" than PSU in terms of high customization = everyones a freak.

HFlowen
Jul 12, 2012, 11:24 AM
It would be nice to have a hunter class with limited tech usage. I miss that from PSO1.

Scline
Jul 12, 2012, 11:26 AM
Laia would be upset with you. And you wouldn't like that. Look at what she did to the Vol bro's.

I hated Laia, she's probably the source of my hatred of beasts, since I liked the previous beast NPCs(Leo and Tony I think they were).

You should feel bad for not joining the human master ra--- Oh, wait.. It seems that unless you are hiding foot long ears under that headset that you have indeed joined the human master race. Congratulations, you may now have a cookie.

Hrith
Jul 12, 2012, 11:31 AM
Laia would be upset with you. And you wouldn't like that. Look at what she did to the Vol bro's.http://keffypoo.free.fr/psu/ep2/99times.png

Darki
Jul 12, 2012, 11:37 AM
we dont need to attract furries to the mix as well

They have Tera to play as their glorified furry avatar chatroom, let them stay there christ

Not that I am one or too familiar with them, but since when furries are scum? You're just went full retard and rude.

People can go play PSU if they need to play as an anthropoderpic creature

Just for that comment the more I'd like if they added them to piss people like you off. xD

Crysteon
Jul 12, 2012, 11:40 AM

I'm offensive and I find this human.

Wait...what?

Jonth
Jul 12, 2012, 12:09 PM

You missed my point.

I don't care what people call them as a matter of reference, but I was using the fact that they are not really classified that way to further my argument that the new classes would not just be Duman versions of the originals.

Griffin
Jul 12, 2012, 12:38 PM
Fists = Me finally rolling a Hunter

gigawuts
Jul 12, 2012, 12:52 PM
GRORIOUS HUCAST MASUTAH REEISU

edit: And honestly, PSO was never as simple as having just three classes. It was never at any point in time a mere choice of HU, RA, and FO. Each race of each class was distinctly unique, even the humans between the classes were different.

RAmar was the highest ATA ranger. HUcaseal was the highest ATA hunter. HUnewearl and RAmarl were the hybrid force classes, having level 20 techs in addition to shifta and deband AND jellen and zalure. RAmar had S&D, but HUmar had J&Z.

The differences are the most emphasized in the forces, though. FOnewearl had a bonus to simple tech damage and penetrating megid, plus Resta & Anti range. FOnewm had a bonus to Gi- and Ra- techs. FOmar had a bonus to Gi- and S&D range. FOmarl had grants, S&D, and resta & anti range bonuses. Then the casts and caseals all had different numbers of traps at different levels, in exchange for widely varying ata/evp/def as well as weapon types. I look forward to some of these options being available again, without being tied to race.

For me the most fun solo were sure to be RAmarl and HUnewearl, but in a group it's HUcast all the way B)

Akaimizu
Jul 12, 2012, 01:03 PM
You do realize how PSO was when it was Version 1, don't you? The significant level of variety you mention and the general problems for all force balance was in that game in spades. What you speak of is a few revisions later when it eventually became Episode 1 & 2.

Darki
Jul 12, 2012, 01:05 PM
You do realize how PSO was when it was Version 1, don't you? The significant level of variety you mention and the general problems for all force balance was in that game in spades. What you speak of is a few revisions later when it eventually became Episode 1 & 2.

Still PSO. <_<

Akaimizu
Jul 12, 2012, 01:06 PM
Exactly, which is why the point that PSO was never dealing with issues as simple as three classes moot because it did have issues that large before.

gigawuts
Jul 12, 2012, 01:09 PM
No, I never played V1 and have been under the impression that PSO always had that level of variety.

And I don't think it's really much of an issue, but I do think variety is always an empowering tool in a game.

Akaimizu
Jul 12, 2012, 01:13 PM
I'd love for the variety. I'm not against it. I just point out that SEGA did have a track record of dealing with issues of class balance, especially once they start adding more stuff in. Mostly due to not so great planning on their part, and putting too much into too few stats. So what happens is that they end up making stuff that gets completely overlapped by another, which ends up being a not-played class.

While I think PSU, pre-AOTI had some promise; for the most part it still had some gross balance issues. Even the Japanese wouldn't touch most of the Hybrids with a stick, back then. Particularly GT and WT. To a degree, it may have worked a bit better to keep tweaking what they did without complicating things with the new AOTI classes. They also were very unsure of what to do with a class as well. They do stuff and create weapon access to promote some kind of play, but they often miss something for which the better way to play is not their intention at all, or corresponding too well to the written intention of the class.

But alas, like I said, they are a learning bunch for which I hope they can ease off of the over-compensating when they see something needs to be rebalanced this time.

PSO took a number of revisions to get to the version people know and love, and multiple game releases. For those of us who started with the original JP Dreamcast game, and got both V1 and V2 localized, the idea was that the more tweaked version was.

Sorry. The PSO you're looking for is on another game platform.
http://www.blastostitch.com/images/uploads/toad.jpg

Which is a similar experience for those who played PSU, then PSP2, then PSP2i. The learned revisions being in new purchased games and switching the platform they are on.

Still, this is F2P and on PC as well. This makes this game different in that it's likely to get proper fixes and revisions without buying new games nor switching platforms for which the games are on.

gigawuts
Jul 12, 2012, 01:24 PM
I agree on basically every count. I liked PSU at first, but I just didn't like the delivery (or the art direction - but after enough exposure I've learned to love almost every art style in any game I've played, so that's not a problem).

I do recall that in V1 there were no level 30 techs - big problem, since everyone had access to all the same techs making FO's redundant. Even if you wanted to be a Force I suppose there was no reason to not go FOnewearl if you didn't care about HP, right? That sounds a bit like what's going on now, except there's insufficient bonuses to make a number of skills worth it in the skilltree instead of there being such a tremendous issue about race. The racial differences are small enough that the resultant gains in damage are minimal, but some minmaxers will still go for the absolute top damage class.

I also meant to mention certain class-restricted weapons, such as the Bringer's Rifle on FOnewm, the legacy claws for HUnewearl, Berdysh for HUcast and HUcaseal (Or was that the Berdys? Either way, it was a budget TJS with its special I believe, I never got one.).

If they keep it simple so that we just get the three half-way classes I'm all for it. Too much variety presented in a bad way can ruin something good, though.

Mega Ultra Chicken
Jul 12, 2012, 01:32 PM
It'll probably be hybrids, but I'm hoping for an Acrofighter-ish class. Maybe we could finally get space ninjas in this game? (But not the Naruto kind. They're kinda... not stealthy.) If not, then don't worry. Space swashbucklers and space assassins are perfectly acceptable alternatives. Just give me a class that has more random numbers popping up on my screen than Justin Bieber gets from his fangirls.

I'm not against the principle of adding new races, but the issue of game balance is what puts me on the fence. Beasts... I never really played as them. I just stuck with Casts, Humans, and Newmen. But they don't really bother me... except for those "Beasts=black people" connections that make Beasts seem kinda unfortunate. Dumans... never played PSP2i.

Zipzo
Jul 12, 2012, 02:12 PM
GRORIOUS HUCAST MASUTAH REEISU

edit: And honestly, PSO was never as simple as having just three classes. It was never at any point in time a mere choice of HU, RA, and FO. Each race of each class was distinctly unique, even the humans between the classes were different.

RAmar was the highest ATA ranger. HUcaseal was the highest ATA hunter. HUnewearl and RAmarl were the hybrid force classes, having level 20 techs in addition to shifta and deband AND jellen and zalure. RAmar had S&D, but HUmar had J&Z.

The differences are the most emphasized in the forces, though. FOnewearl had a bonus to simple tech damage and penetrating megid, plus Resta & Anti range. FOnewm had a bonus to Gi- and Ra- techs. FOmar had a bonus to Gi- and S&D range. FOmarl had grants, S&D, and resta & anti range bonuses. Then the casts and caseals all had different numbers of traps at different levels, in exchange for widely varying ata/evp/def as well as weapon types. I look forward to some of these options being available again, without being tied to race.

For me the most fun solo were sure to be RAmarl and HUnewearl, but in a group it's HUcast all the way B)And how is anything that you mentioned not currently present in PSO2? Different races have different strengths in this game as well, effectively nullifying your entire point. I don't remember balance issues 'in spades' back in PSO. As far as I can recall there was never any discussion about class balance. I can give you an idea as to why : it didn't matter. I was on Brinstar and PSOW and the official SEGA forums back then all 3 at once.

Yakatsugi
Jul 12, 2012, 02:14 PM
So much variety..... nothing wrong with just Lvling a class to 40 and not bother with the others though right?

gigawuts
Jul 12, 2012, 02:22 PM
And how is anything that you mentioned not currently present in PSO2? Different races have different strengths in this game as well, effectively nullifying your entire point. I don't remember balance issues 'in spades' back in PSO. As far as I can recall there was never any discussion about class balance. I can give you an idea as to why : it didn't matter. I was on Brinstar and PSOW and the official SEGA forums back then all 3 at once.

lolwat

Okay a 2% difference in S-ATK = can lay traps or cast techs

Gotcha.

I never said it was an issue. I'm arguing that it's a good thing. Why do people somehow think I'm in any way arguing against it?

Hrith
Jul 12, 2012, 05:12 PM
So much variety..... nothing wrong with just Lvling a class to 40 and not bother with the others though right?Indeed, just remember to change classes before collecting your exp rewards.

Slidikins
Jul 12, 2012, 05:56 PM
Once again I get into a thread already so deep in the conversation. My two cents:

I dislike the focus on Class alone in PSO2. That can stay in PSU. PSO had the combination of Sex/Race/Class as something unique. I wish they'd just bring that back. Want to be a Support Force? Play a FOmarl. Want to nuke? Play a FOnewm. As it is now your sex/race is just a cosmetic choice and barely changes anything. I don't see the point of it anymore.

That being said, I hope the "additional classes" are just extensions, like adding on more to your current class tree, and not something entirely new. I'm thinking it's going to be that way anyway, as a couple of Hunter skills note that they don't work on Techniques. They wouldn't mention it unless you could have the skill and techniques at the same time, no?

Gama
Jul 12, 2012, 07:13 PM
think it will be something like

hunter+force hunter dominates over
force+hunter force dominates over

and so on...

because if its a new class
leveling again is going to be a draaaag,

Blackheart521
Jul 12, 2012, 08:20 PM
think it will be something like

hunter+force hunter dominates over
force+hunter force dominates over

and so on...

because if its a new class
leveling again is going to be a draaaag,

I disagree, I don't think it will be boring at all because we'll have a tasty new skill tree for each class to work through which should allow for hybrids to go more focused on which class they want to main/sub as. ^^

Darki
Jul 12, 2012, 09:46 PM
lolwat

Okay a 2% difference in S-ATK = can lay traps or cast techs

Gotcha.

I never said it was an issue. I'm arguing that it's a good thing. Why do people somehow think I'm in any way arguing against it?

The thing is that the current racial differences are not well managed as the classes are now.

The only current difference between a HUnewm and a HUcast is that the first is weaker. End of the story. Newmans have no single advantage other than having pointy ears. They have less SATK, less SDEF, less HP. Ok, I lied, they have one single advantage: slightly more TDEF.

The same goes with Forces but in the opposite way. At least here FO have the perk that they can actually whack things with their rods, and use gunslash for some melee, I'll give you that.

There is no way for each race to play most classes to the fullest, other than cosmetic reasons. Playing a newman Hunter is just playing a weak Hunter. Playing a cast Force is just playing a weak Force.

I understand that it's obvious that each race should excel in their respective "main" classes, but then, why to allow the variety? Wouldn't it be much better that each race had its unique mojo in each job? I always though that newmans could be somehow the "thief" version of the hunter: a racial speed bonus that makes the dps on par with a cast, only that the cast smacks things hard and the newman smacks things fast. That if you wanna go the "techs restricted to FO" way, of course, if not you'd just simply give access to some techs to them and they'd be balanced.

I like the current system, but I think hybrids would make it complete without changing the essence of each class as they are now. If you have Wartecher, Hunter and Fighgunner, for example, you will be able to play a "hunter class" as all three races, but each one will have the possibiliity to use their best stats while being the "wrong" class.

Slidikins
Jul 13, 2012, 07:08 AM
I like the current system, but I think hybrids would make it complete without changing the essence of each class as they are now. If you have Wartecher, Hunter and Fighgunner, for example, you will be able to play a "hunter class" as all three races, but each one will have the possibiliity to use their best stats while being the "wrong" class.

I agree with you, I just don't see why you couldn't just have HUmar, HUcast, HUcaseal, and HUnewearl from jump instead. It would give people more reason to buy character slots too (from a business perspective) if they were locked with their choice. "But HUmarl and HUnewm are missing!" Add them in. I'm sure HUnewm can fit the Wartecher slot nicely anyway.

Jonth
Jul 13, 2012, 07:45 AM
I agree with you, I just don't see why you couldn't just have HUmar, HUcast, HUcaseal, and HUnewearl from jump instead. It would give people more reason to buy character slots too (from a business perspective) if they were locked with their choice. "But HUmarl and HUnewm are missing!" Add them in. I'm sure HUnewm can fit the Wartecher slot nicely anyway.

I never really liked the old PSO class system. I don't like the idea that gender plays a significant role in the class set up, and I don't think by changing my gender I should be a completely different class with different bonuses and everything. Yeah, I know PSU and PSO2's current system has slight differences in stats among the genders, but they aren't that significant.

Anyway... I prefer the hybrid class system. No, I don't think there needs to be 16 classes, but 6 is perfect.

Darki
Jul 13, 2012, 08:03 AM
I agree with that. The problem is that PSO was too restrictive. When I played PSO, I was already a "magic knight nerd" from the Tales series, and I didn't like that my two only options were a long-eared bitch and a guy with a robe (no offense for those who liked them). Imposing a race and a gender to whoever wants to have a certain role in the game I think died in PSO and should stay dead (ignoring its PS0 "zombification", that I won't say anything because I didn't play).

There's going to be people who will like weird combinations like cast wartecher, newman fighgunner or plain simple cast force and newman hunter. The possibility must exist, but I think there should also be the possibility for the hybridation that some classes require.

For me, I'd say that seven is the magic number because I think Protranser was a great class in PSU, although they could just make the "fighgunner" more heavily oriented and make do with that. I'd prefer that they make 6 good classes, and I hope they don't start putting useless shit like acros or master. I'd prefer that they don't even decide to add "forte" classes.

Lostbob117
Jul 13, 2012, 08:11 AM
So Fightgunner, Guntecher, and wartecher?

Darki
Jul 13, 2012, 08:15 AM
So Fightgunner, Guntecher, and wartecher?

Let's hope so. <_<

skuld01
Jul 13, 2012, 08:16 AM
so will 3 new class take part of current basic class skill, or with their own new skillset?

Gardios
Jul 13, 2012, 08:19 AM
All we know is that there will be 3 new classes. Your guess is as good as mine.

Jonth
Jul 13, 2012, 08:32 AM
I agree with that. The problem is that PSO was too restrictive. When I played PSO, I was already a "magic knight nerd" from the Tales series, and I didn't like that my two only options were a long-eared bitch and a guy with a robe (no offense for those who liked them). Imposing a race and a gender to whoever wants to have a certain role in the game I think died in PSO and should stay dead (ignoring its PS0 "zombification", that I won't say anything because I didn't play).

There's going to be people who will like weird combinations like cast wartecher, newman fighgunner or plain simple cast force and newman hunter. The possibility must exist, but I think there should also be the possibility for the hybridation that some classes require.

For me, I'd say that seven is the magic number because I think Protranser was a great class in PSU, although they could just make the "fighgunner" more heavily oriented and make do with that. I'd prefer that they make 6 good classes, and I hope they don't start putting useless shit like acros or master. I'd prefer that they don't even decide to add "forte" classes.

You have my vote sir.

Lostbob117
Jul 13, 2012, 09:25 AM
Let's hope so. <_<

Let's hope so I will totally go Fightgunner.

Raging Ghost
Jul 13, 2012, 10:26 AM
If there's a Ranger/Force class, I'll try my best to get my money spent on that game.

Jakosifer
Jul 13, 2012, 10:30 AM
Hunter/Ranger weapon classes will probably be: Fists, Wired Lance, Twin Daggers, Double Sabers, Gunslash, Mechguns, Rifles.

... Fighgunner all over again, hopefully it doesn't suck this time.

NoiseHERO
Jul 13, 2012, 10:54 AM
Hunter/Ranger weapon classes will probably be: Fists, Wired Lance, Twin Daggers, Double Sabers, Gunslash, Mechguns, Rifles.

... Fighgunner all over again, hopefully it doesn't suck this time.

You're only gonna use twin daggers anyway! D<

gigawuts
Jul 13, 2012, 11:03 AM

I agree as well. I like the variety that PSO's sytem added, but don't particularly care how it's arrived at. If I want to play a cast with resta, which I do, and Sega wants to let me, which they might, then all the better.

At the expense of sounding dumb, can someone explain the protranser class to me? Unlike fighgunner and wartecher, which I was around for, protranser is a bit less obvious. I'd google but I figure actual game experience should give a better explanation of why it's fun, rather than the stats on a wiki.

Jakosifer
Jul 13, 2012, 11:08 AM
Nah, I'm going to use Fists, Double Sabers and Mechguns this time around. The Fist dodge is too good, and Double Sabers are in the design form that I actually like (for once). I'm past my Twin Dagger fetish.

Hopefully you're past your Halp Serafi fetish.

NoiseHERO
Jul 13, 2012, 11:10 AM
Nah, I'm going to use Fists, Double Sabers and Mechguns this time around. The Fist dodge is too good, and Double Sabers are in the design form that I actually like (for once). I'm past my Twin Dagger fetish.

Hopefully you're past your Halp Serafi fetish.

Nah I've moved on to fists and wiredlance for "UH-RIGGEN-ALL CHARACTUR" reasons.

Darki
Jul 13, 2012, 11:52 AM
It's too foolish to pray for wartechers getting swords from the start? Fuck knuckles, you can have them and give me a huge sword to deal with whatever survives the firestorm.

Akaimizu
Jul 13, 2012, 12:23 PM
No. A WAR techer should never carry a sword. I mean, what is a sword? It's a well-known classic combat weapon used particularly in.....times.....of....War.... Er....

But seriously. I would think that wouldn't be a bad idea. Heck, in the Infinity Blade series, everybody plays a Wartecher, technically. Swords are pretty much the defacto standard for them, but they can blast out a spell or two in battle as well. So I can understand that a sword should be a primary weapon, even more than daggers, though carrying double blades is also fine.

Darki
Jul 13, 2012, 12:42 PM
If the game had a dual wielding system as in PSU I'd say that the best option (although not what they ended doing) would be to make the basic classes the ones using mainly two-handed weapons while hybrids would focus on single-handed weapons, giving them expertise in light weapons of both types to allow for better hybridation.

But in this game you don't need to care as you can cast without wands, and you can't dual wield, wo ho knows. It'd be good that they made more "combination" weapons, like gunslash, and in this case some sort of "Spellsword", a combination between a sword and a rod, or something similar.

Jonth
Jul 13, 2012, 07:37 PM
Weapons were tested in the closed beta, and some used multiple stats for their final attack damage. For example, the Rod's striking damage actually comes from both SATK and TATK. Crazy I know. They could throw us a sword that has the same feature and increases SATK and TATK. Would be awesome.

MAGICAL LINK COME FORTH! (http://www.pso-world.com/forums/showthread.php?t=194528)

Not definitive I know, but that is the most intensive research I've seen done on the matter.

Geonizer/Iceman
Jul 13, 2012, 07:53 PM
Protranser, the trapmaster class, had knuckles, longsword, axe, lonbgow, laser cannon, grenade launcher and shotgun available originally as A rank weapons then upgraded to S rank weapons. For those of us that were this, the ex traps were most useful for controlling mobs. The PA frag arts were the most useful, for max damage output.

Darki
Jul 14, 2012, 12:21 AM
I don't think Protranser is needed if they make a Hunter/Ranger hybrid correctly. In PSU, the difference between "heavy" and "light" weapons were mainly in the slots they used, but PSO2 doesn't go that way anymore. Also, more than EX traps I think it would be much more creative that they designed a weapon that equipped traps to enhance their usefulness.

I imagine a weapon called "Detonator", some sort of small Talis-like device (I picture it as some sort of bigger tablet-like device with an antenna, but joke weapons could look like those cartoonish boxes with an antenna and a big red button at the center, lol) but modelled as a ranged weapon, so it would have 3 PA slots. Same way as a Force uses a "rod animation" when casting techs with a rod equipped even if you're using them from the hotkeys, laying traps while having the detonator equipped would bring a unique animation and possibly "charge" the action of laying traps, giving some traps special effects, like simply enhancing the damage they do, the area od effect, etc.

The weapon itself would have its own set of PAs that would affect nearby traps laid by the user, for example changing the way they're triggered or making some cool effects on the traps (after playing Kingdom Hearts: Birth by Sleep, it comes to my mind those smart traps that Aqua could use that would move towards a nearby enemy, so they wouldn't need to be stepped on to be activated).

soulpimpwizzurd
Jul 14, 2012, 12:34 AM
"UH-RIGGEN-ALL CHARACTUR"

DO NOT STEAL

hi guis wanna check out my original character Brock Westmetal?

He wears the mechanical fox ears and has orange hair and white skin, and uses wired lances and knuckles (knuckles are his sub weapon)