PDA

View Full Version : question on ability and weapons

darkfalz16
Jul 11, 2012, 08:02 PM
Hello, i was wondering should i keep my weapon attack under my ability stat for more consistant damage or if just going for high attack weapons even though its over ability is better?

UnLucky
Jul 11, 2012, 08:06 PM
thought you were going to ask about weapon abilities

anyway, it's harder to stack lots of ability. also too much ability is wasted if you're getting constant damage already. I've got no handy formula, but go for your main offensive stat first and foremost, then go for ability if you notice a large spread

darkfalz16
Jul 11, 2012, 08:47 PM
atm i have 353 ability and been trying to use weapons below that

UnLucky
Jul 11, 2012, 09:18 PM
You're actively avoiding stronger weapons that you don't have the Ability for? Something tells me you're just limiting your maximum output that way. Like your minimum is still set at a certain point due to your Ability, so a stronger weapon can't hit for less than a weaker one, but could potentially do more.

Obviously more testing needs to be done.

futamieriko
Jul 11, 2012, 09:26 PM
Think it depends on how much higher the weapon is. I switched to a rod earlier that had +70 more tech attack and was confused because I was actually pulling lower numbers with the new weapon. Had completely forgotten about ability.

I'd imagine you would get higher damage spikes with a higher weapon but even a small amount of ability seems to make a noticeable difference right now. Unless it's a massive upgrade, you'll do more damage/time with something consistent over something with a wider spread.

Ether
Jul 11, 2012, 09:32 PM
atm i have 353 ability and been trying to use weapons below that

I'm 99% sure that thread suggesting that was how ability worked was totally bunk. Just use stronger weapons.

darkfalz16
Jul 11, 2012, 10:33 PM
so whats the verdict here ability important or non important?