PDA

View Full Version : difference between Free PSO 2 and subcription?

EvilJohn
Jul 11, 2012, 10:00 PM
whats the difference from playing it for free or paying too play?
also is there a guide on how too sign up for paying too play , and how much is it and, is there a guide also on how too cancel the monthly fee?

DragonForce
Jul 11, 2012, 10:07 PM
$12.59

Mag_Launcher
Jul 11, 2012, 10:08 PM
- Access to MyRoom. (Temporary 3 day passes for this can be obtained from the free FUN scratch)
- Access to selling your items in MyShop (3 day temp passes for this are also available from the FUN scratch)
- 300 item premium storage in addition to your standard 200
- FUN point gain bonuses
- Access to trading. (This is the only thing that is absolutely exclusive to premium only.)

Also, it's more around ~$16 or $17, as Yen conversion is quite harsh for the US Dollar.

Nu Lo Yin
Jul 11, 2012, 10:09 PM
Google "bumped PSO2" (not sure I am alowed to post links here) There is a full on guide there on how to sign up for the game and down load it.

Free play, you get to play the whole game for free. You get to do every mission and find all the same weapons that paid people get.

If you buy premium, you get to have a room, and a store (which is where you will make money so you can afford valuable rares which you probably wont be able to get that much very quick if you are playing free) Though playing free, you still can buy from other shops. Premium you can trade with other premium players. There are a few other things, but the store is the big one for me. I really need that store to make major mesta to fund my expensive weapon and costume habits

Metalsnake27
Jul 11, 2012, 10:44 PM
I don't understand why you need to pay in order to trade and actually sell stuff to other players????

I mean I guess they had to do something... glad they didn't make it like some games where you can't chat or something.

Guru53
Jul 11, 2012, 11:07 PM
Well I think the trading is so that people don't sit around trying to sell items in lobby all day and avoid buying AC. With the 3 day my shop passes, I think I can live with it. Once I get a nice inventory of items to sell, I'll just use one of those passes and offload a bunch of stuff.

Metalsnake27
Jul 12, 2012, 12:09 AM
Well I guess it is nice that you get those free shop passes....

Is the premium a one time payment too? Or is it for a set amount of days?

Blackheart521
Jul 12, 2012, 12:13 AM
Well I guess it is nice that you get those free shop passes....

Is the premium a one time payment too? Or is it for a set amount of days?

Premium can be bought in 30, 60, and 90 day segments, with small discounts if you purchase the 60 or 90 day options. ^^

texhnolyze
Jul 12, 2012, 02:55 AM
I don't understand why you need to pay in order to trade and actually sell stuff to other players????

I mean I guess they had to do something... glad they didn't make it like some games where you can't chat or something.

to counter gold sellers, perhaps?
at least we can still buy items from the player shop

Vylera
Jul 12, 2012, 03:11 AM

Because in PSO, it's possible to find gear and make money without relying on other players.

At least your 16 bucks is going towards unlocking features that will REALLY help you. Stupid nonsense like premium only channels and +20% to all rates for 15 bucks a month is just a waste of money.

Being able to sell just makes getting the items you want happen faster, which pretty much defeats the adventuring aspect of the game, IMO.

All I have to say is FUN scratch FTW.

sugarFO
Jul 12, 2012, 03:12 AM
- Access to MyRoom. (Temporary 3 day passes for this can be obtained from the free FUN scratch)
- Access to selling your items in MyShop (3 day temp passes for this are also available from the FUN scratch)
- 300 item premium storage in addition to your standard 200
- FUN point gain bonuses
- Access to trading. (This is the only thing that is absolutely exclusive to premium only.)

Also, it's more around ~$16 or $17, as Yen conversion is quite harsh for the US Dollar.
My Japanese friend says that the Japanese find it a little pricey themselves. Lol.

DeathByPogs
Jul 12, 2012, 03:46 AM

Because you're playing a 60$ game for free, and you arent paying the normal 15$ a month subscription fee of an mmorpg. That's 75$ right there, take that 75 and buy some AC.

IzzyData
Jul 12, 2012, 03:51 AM
I find it a little odd that I can't even drop crappy weapons and stuff in a game with my friends. Couldn't they have just made the premium for the auction house and not "all" trading? This being disabled is pretty harsh.

Vylera
Jul 12, 2012, 03:58 AM
I find it a little odd that I can't even drop crappy weapons and stuff in a game with my friends. Couldn't they have just made the premium for the auction house and not "all" trading? This being disabled is pretty harsh.

Not to be rude, but it isn't a lot of help if you're going to give your "friends" only the crappy stuff.

If it's crappy, it can be bought off a player shop for under 3k meseta. If 3k meseta is hard to make, then I have nothing more to say.

They gave you the ability to send items to your bank from anywhere so that you can store and stock if you don't want to telepipe and sell for some reason. If you're refering simply to dropping and getting rid of items you don't want, there's a trash can for that, so I assume you mean dropping items specifically for your friends.

IzzyData
Jul 12, 2012, 04:23 AM
Not to be rude, but it isn't a lot of help if you're going to give your "friends" only the crappy stuff.

If it's crappy, it can be bought off a player shop for under 3k meseta. If 3k meseta is hard to make, then I have nothing more to say.

They gave you the ability to send items to your bank from anywhere so that you can store and stock if you don't want to telepipe and sell for some reason. If you're refering simply to dropping and getting rid of items you don't want, there's a trash can for that, so I assume you mean dropping items specifically for your friends.

Occasionally I'll find something like a level 4 disk or maybe a blue sword that my friend could use and I have no use for. I need to pay to give something so common to my friend. You usually can't buy the stuff you need from a store.