PDA

View Full Version : Boulders and frame rate

Yakatsugi
Jul 12, 2012, 12:43 AM
When you attack/blow up boulders/those destructible things that block your path, do you get a slow down/massive drop of framerate for like 1 second? I do, just checkin'.

Blackheart521
Jul 12, 2012, 12:48 AM
When you attack/blow up boulders/those destructible things that block your path, do you get a slow down/massive drop of framerate for like 1 second? I do, just checkin'.

I do, but that's because I run my game with the good shaders on and my laptop isn't up to snuff to run at a smooth 60fps at those settings, it usually runs at 30-40 normally, then dips down into the 20s in stressful situations such as the big rocks breaking. ^^;

Yakatsugi
Jul 12, 2012, 12:55 AM
I don't know if mine's usually at 30 or 60, but it's smooth, I think the most smooth out of any games I've ever played. Yesterday I was playing as hunter and everytime I hit the boulder the frame drops a bit, 3-4 hit and it explodes, blowing up more frames, and then once it's over the game tries to catch up or something and the spider thingys that were behind the boulder rushed at me speedily.

Doesn't get in the way of gameplay or bother me or anything, just wondering if anyone else is experiencing the same thing as I am, as I find it weird that my frame only drops on that part and everything else is smooth(Even when I maxed everything out I still get a decent 30+ fps, only thing that changes is my laptop getting incredibly more hot)

Ogni-XR21
Jul 12, 2012, 05:54 AM
The worst slowdown is definitely when you have to destroy the "nest" in that other city mission. But the boulders are second place.

Gama
Jul 12, 2012, 06:17 AM
lol desert sandstorm and crossburst, then you will see the laaaaag.

AOI_Tifa_Lockhart
Jul 12, 2012, 06:18 AM
Sounds like you all need better PC's lol

Ed

Vylera
Jul 12, 2012, 06:18 AM
I don't experience a MASSIVE slow down, but I do kind of feel a "make the moment more epic" slow down.

GoldenFalcon
Jul 12, 2012, 08:09 AM
lol desert sandstorm and crossburst, then you will see the laaaaag.

This
I hate the sandstorm. My laptops have always had issues with cloud effects, since they stack tons of transparent sprites/bare models like idiots in all of the games

jooozek
Jul 12, 2012, 08:19 AM
Sandstorm is what tears my framerate apart, they should really allow us to tone down it a little or disable altogether. Rain and hail doesn't make my framerate drop so much, just that damn sandstorm.

GoldenFalcon
Jul 12, 2012, 08:21 AM
Sandstorm is what tears my framerate apart, they should really allow us to tone down it a little or disable altogether. Rain and hail doesn't make my framerate drop so much, just that damn sandstorm.

They need to make sandstorm an overlay sprite, so it's just an image rather than destroying your graphics card
If their was a graphics option for simple weather effects (overlay sprite, even though most people don't like how disjointed it looks) I'd turn it on immediately