PDA

View Full Version : Who here is a MALE CAST.

Yakatsugi
Jul 12, 2012, 01:01 AM
^Title, I'm one.
Don't like playing female chars. dunno why just feels weird cuz I'm a guy. Doesn't feel manly lmao.
Don't wanna play human or newman either cuz it just seems like everyone's tryin' to look cool. With Cast, you generally don't have to worry about petty aesthetics, just how BADASS OF A GUNDAM YOU ARE!!!!!!!!!!!!!! lolz.

Konflyk
Jul 12, 2012, 01:08 AM
Newman Female masterrace reporting in, we da bess, stay free CASTs

I'm a guy btw.

Blackheart521
Jul 12, 2012, 01:09 AM
Human Male Represent! We got balance son! ^^

Twigod
Jul 12, 2012, 01:09 AM
Female Casts are pretty damn cool. I'm a guy and it's my favorite toon i've made in awhile.

The Walrus
Jul 12, 2012, 01:20 AM
I have a male Cast though I primarily use my HUmar

Enforcer MKV
Jul 12, 2012, 01:21 AM
Yup, Repor~ting!

Don't mind the entourage. XD

[SPOILER-BOX]http://www.pso-world.com/forums/picture.php?albumid=1929&pictureid=29367[/SPOILER-BOX]

ps0k1d
Jul 12, 2012, 01:21 AM
Male CAST for life. No other way to go. I dont even use the human heads that they gave us, all robo parts for me.

DragonForce
Jul 12, 2012, 01:26 AM
I'd be a male cast because I don't have a fetish for playing as the opposite gender. Kinda makes your sexual preference questionable if you like role-playing girls.

darkante
Jul 12, 2012, 01:28 AM
My icy Cast Male reports in.
[spoiler-box]
http://img802.imageshack.us/img802/1210/pso20120704231330007.jpg
[/spoiler-box]

Xieveral
Jul 12, 2012, 01:34 AM
I would have one if we had more options than household appliance and spiky household appliance

Robots and mechs are fine and all but I am holding out for parts with more of an android appearance.

Yakatsugi
Jul 12, 2012, 01:39 AM
Android is female cast..... only reason they made them that way isbecause they wanted to add boobs to everything, couldn't touch male casts though.

Making Male Cast have android-esque appearance would ruin everything CAST stands for... Cool.Awesome.Super.Totally GUNDAM !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ガンダム!!!!!!!

Did I mention Mech? MEEEECHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHAAAAAAAAAAAAAA AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA. Screw androids with boobs. They shouldn't even have male and female cast in the same race. Go make your new 4th race for all I friggin' care, Cast is Cast. Epic badass gundam looking blocky mechs.

IAmSecretSpy
Jul 12, 2012, 01:43 AM
Why do Female CASTS get Human Like appendages but Male Casts Don't?

gravityvx
Jul 12, 2012, 01:49 AM
My male cast....
[SPOILER-BOX]http://i.imgur.com/r4bjJ.jpg[/SPOILER-BOX]
oh wait...they fucking ruined them.

Welp, female it is~
[SPOILER-BOX]http://i.imgur.com/ezy4e.jpg[/SPOILER-BOX]

Yakatsugi
Jul 12, 2012, 01:50 AM
Ignore the boobs and butts, there's your male android, be happy and stay clear of the real, one and only, MALE CASTS...... Honestly... why would you want to play a Cast that look more like human? Play humans if you want to look like human, it's either full blown human or at least semi humanoid mecha casts.

Konflyk
Jul 12, 2012, 01:59 AM
I'd be a male cast because I don't have a fetish for playing as the opposite gender. Kinda makes your sexual preference questionable if you like role-playing girls.

Because Huneweal wasn't the fucking master Hunter

You need to accept your sexuality brah.:nerd:

Yakatsugi
Jul 12, 2012, 02:07 AM
Monster Hunter, Master Hunter. MH!

Scrub
Jul 12, 2012, 02:24 AM
I wish there were more head types for male casts. There's only one REALLY good one, the one that everyone uses.

As stupid as this sounds I also kind of wish you couldnt switch between classes at will because at the moment I feel like there's no need to really make a second character, and I'd really like to play a cast.

darkante
Jul 12, 2012, 03:14 AM
Yeah, it makes it harder.
I try to stand my ground and make each character different.

sugarFO
Jul 12, 2012, 03:17 AM
Female humans represent!!

(echos)

I said female humans represent!!

(crickets chirping)

Vylera
Jul 12, 2012, 03:17 AM
^Title, I'm one.

Don't wanna play human or newman either cuz it just seems like everyone's tryin' to look cool. With Cast, you generally don't have to worry about petty aesthetics, just how BADASS OF A GUNDAM YOU ARE!!!!!!!!!!!!!! lolz.

Aren't those two the same thing?

In all honesty, casts have way more customization, IMO.

Really don't know why they couldn't have done a full color wheel on human/newman outfits. It's the only reason why I'm playing cast.

darkante
Jul 12, 2012, 03:18 AM

(echos)

(crickets chirping)

Sorry, Newman&Cast or GTFO!...jk

HadouMetsu
Jul 12, 2012, 03:23 AM
Mint green HuCast hunter reporting in! I love the mecha!

Xieveral
Jul 12, 2012, 03:28 AM
Ignore the boobs and butts, there's your male android, be happy and stay clear of the real, one and only, MALE CASTS...... Honestly... why would you want to play a Cast that look more like human? Play humans if you want to look like human, it's either full blown human or at least semi humanoid mecha casts.

I'm not looking for "I can't believe its not human!" CASTs. I like the obvious joints, the solid-color eyes, antennae, gears, pistons, arms, armor plating, the CLANG-CLANG-CLANG as you run... just not digging the hovering clothes dryer parts we currently have.

Kireek and helmeted Fulyen Curtz are what I want more of.

darkante
Jul 12, 2012, 03:30 AM
Well, it should be given that PSO1 clothes will be released later on.
The question is when since i really dig that Hucast suit.

Vylera
Jul 12, 2012, 03:32 AM

Because humans don't have the same outfits and color customization as casts or caseals.

Just like how you want your gundam, we want our character to look the way that we want it to, too. It's just too bad that humans can't wear cast-style armor.

"I can't believe its not human!"

Got a good laugh out of that, because my Caseal's in a wedding dress. Thanks.

BIG OLAF
Jul 12, 2012, 03:37 AM

(echos)

(crickets chirping)

*waves*

Yes, hello.

carlhui
Jul 12, 2012, 04:25 AM
I found that male cast is so cool, so I deleted my female newman and created one male cast.

Wish SEGA will implement more parts for players to customize cast character.

This is my male cast (not the one on the right)

[SPOILER-BOX]

http://img850.imageshack.us/img850/9635/pso20120708190725003.jpg

[/SPOILER-BOX]

Lungo
Jul 12, 2012, 05:31 AM
I'd play as a male CAST if a variation of the old HUcast model was available and if it weren't for the fact that their customisation is terribly limited. A colour wheel isn't much use when you only have three sets of parts to choose from. There could at least be more heads. Meanwhile the humans/newmans' bodies come with full customisation so I went with a newman this time around.

That's a bizarre thing to say when a lot of people who do play as girls do so because they find them attractive. I haven't come across any male players who put themselves in the mindset of their female character. So far.

Lumpen Thingy
Jul 12, 2012, 05:32 AM
female cast because of boobs

Sirius-91
Jul 12, 2012, 05:51 AM
derp because of cast

Zeke154
Jul 12, 2012, 07:41 AM
Crimson HUCAST Reporting
CAST Supremacy FTW!

GoldenFalcon
Jul 12, 2012, 08:07 AM
I actually wish I was a female Cast for the extra 5% ranged defense to equip the 9* armor earlier...

Titan200
Jul 12, 2012, 08:13 AM
Male CAST reporting in!

kazuuya
Jul 12, 2012, 08:30 AM
I'm playing a male CAST as well! I kinda fell in love with CASTs since PSU! (Though I love all the other races as well, but CASTs just won my heart for ever. ;v; )

Halcyote
Jul 12, 2012, 08:53 AM
wow

male casts are such a novel concept

as well as projecting your insecurities about other people's preferences in a video game

you're such a minority someone should set up a team specifically for male casts

they're so rare ;-;

Mega Ultra Chicken
Jul 12, 2012, 09:34 AM

There's little problem with your logic. Keep in mind that some guys who play girls play to look at their asses all day. If anything, that just makes them more heterosexual... in the literal sense that they're attracted to girls. And don't forget games like WoW where the men can get pretty ugly.

^Title, I'm one.
Don't like playing female chars. dunno why just feels weird cuz I'm a guy. Doesn't feel manly lmao.

And here's another fallacy. If Casts look so cool and badass, wouldn't that mean that male Cast players would be the ones trying the hardest (and in some cases, trying too hard) to look cool?

10011408V3.9
Jul 12, 2012, 10:09 AM
Lancer-Class CAST reporting in!

Nothing wrong with a....fleshy-looking face. I mean, I do CAST to emulate Megaman. Just wish that I could resize my body now (lacking AC or being able to buy it) that some of the newer parts are more to my liking.

Yakatsugi
Jul 12, 2012, 10:47 AM
Aren't those two the same thing?

In all honesty, casts have way more customization, IMO.

Really don't know why they couldn't have done a full color wheel on human/newman outfits. It's the only reason why I'm playing cast.

There's a reason why I'm playing Cast, it's because I don't have to worry about how cool my character looks and spend an hour making it look good at character creation. Do you want to dance around with your friends? Do you want to take pictures of your cool character? Dress up in costumes? Yea, I think most do, I'm avoiding that territory so I play as a Male Cast.

Yakatsugi
Jul 12, 2012, 11:05 AM
There's little problem with your logic. Keep in mind that some guys who play girls play to look at their asses all day. If anything, that just makes them more heterosexual... in the literal sense that they're attracted to girls. And don't forget games like WoW where the men can get pretty ugly.

And here's another fallacy. If Casts look so cool and badass, wouldn't that mean that male Cast players would be the ones trying the hardest (and in some cases, trying too hard) to look cool?

Edit: Fallacy? The reason I'm a cast and trying to look cool is a universe apart with YOUR reason to look cool, don't compare me and you please. You want to play as female/ male/role play/pretend, try to look cool, or for whatever reason go right ahead. I'm playing as a Male Cast for the sole reason of avoiding and not being grouped together with people like you.

Don't know about the other Casts, but for me the only reason I play as a Male Cast is because every other race has either boobs or P**s.

Really, everyone has their own preferences and the way they want to play the game. You want to play as female and look at its ass all day and fap? Go right ahead. Want to play as a guy, even though 99% of you are already one? Go right ahead.

I don't play as female because if I wanted to fap I'm quite sure I can find something more worthwhile elsewhere, I don't particularly enjoy looking at their asses either. It's a game, I'm playing it for the gameplay. And while those who do play as female characters even though their a guy IRL can do it, I find no reason to and I don't enjoy playing as them either.

Now.... male or male cast...... In most other games I'd doubt there'd be a third robot race, so I'm stuck with being a guy character, nothing wrong with that. But in PSO games it's quite different, assumption, presumption, whatever, but for me I feel there's just more SOMETHING... I can't quite say what it is, but it's SOMETHING...... and I don't want to be part of that stupid SOMETHING so I choose to play as a male cast(obviously not with a human face)

Reia
Jul 12, 2012, 11:16 AM
^HeMad Alright?

Anyways I will ask that who has the authority to blame the guys who play that for that reason, SEGA makes fanservice and get some money out of them, like everything in marketing.

I'm actually a girl gamer but I may make in sometime a Male CAST just because the new parts reminds me so much of Gundams and Macross series bots. I like bots in general, disregarding their gender, I remember back then Robots got no gender, but could either look masculine or femenine. (The incoming one looks like a Fat version of a Banshee xD)

I would also say that my Gunslinger RAmarl might look fancy to me which is the reason I made her look like that, but everyone has their own conception of what looks cool so leave it be! As for some caseal players that might have some Ryouseii (SRW character that has fetishes for robotic girls) for their mechanic joints and doll like aspect!

The humanoid aspects on machines were born from the Movie "Terminator", where the assassination machine T-100 was designed to look human on the outside, could wear human clothes so nobody can identify it as a robot. That movie is very loved in Japan and brought kinda the like for humanoid looking machines and there are very few games in Japan that tend to make robots look human for that reason but still points the fact that is a machine and their human appearance is only to help them take on the mission easier (For Example, Shin Megami Tensei Series and all their humanoid machines are meant for that) which always would like to have the humanoid CAST being able to wear clothes, but that would ruin the marketing of other races and their unique set of clothes, also PSU got this kind of Terminator CAST once, see Ep1 where Ethan stops a Terminator.
This also reminds me I would love so much helmets and masks for the humanoid characters, remember those many masks the RAmar could wear in PSO? I always loved that gasmask one.

http://s10.postimage.org/eby5pmi5h/Sin_t_tulo.png?noCache=1342111201

Yakatsugi
Jul 12, 2012, 11:17 AM
I am not mad, but I'm definitely defending my way of playing.

I don't think it's a fanservice...... PSO is a different kind of game than most MMOs. SEGA made it that way, I don't really think they specifically made Casts because they thought there was a minority who didn't enjoy the social aspect of their game and just wanted to look like a robot so they don't have to.

I'm the only one who thinks this way.

Scline
Jul 12, 2012, 11:33 AM
Former human master race convert reporting in.

I've given up my fleshy ways and started a crew of cannibal CASTs that feast upon the flesh of... well, fleshlings..

[SPOILER-BOX]http://puu.sh/HWIb[/SPOILER-BOX]

Yakatsugi
Jul 12, 2012, 11:37 AM
^
+1,lol

Reia
Jul 12, 2012, 11:42 AM
Former human master race convert reporting in.

I've given up my fleshy ways and started a crew of cannibal CASTs that feast upon the flesh of... well, fleshlings..

[SPOILER-BOX]http://puu.sh/HWIb[/SPOILER-BOX]

You must really have problems cannibalizing, look at yourself, so skinny!

Zari
Jul 12, 2012, 11:54 AM
Yeah, I must admit, male Casts can look pretty cool. I am a female human though, but it isn't because of some kind of fetish of playing as a female or to stare at her all day >_>. It's because of an OC I came up with a while ago which actually has 2 different looks really. I also have another OC that is male so if I made another character it would be based off of that one.

Scline
Jul 12, 2012, 11:57 AM
^
+1,lol

Here, have a cookie. :) (The fatter the fleshlings become, the better a meal they make)

You must really have problems cannibalizing, look at yourself, so skinny!

Protip: Read the fine print.
When they were informing me of the process of becoming a CAST and the changes, they never mentioned exactly how many times greater the metabolism is as opposed to a human's. Forever alone? No, forever a stick. :(

Vintasticvin
Jul 12, 2012, 12:10 PM
Frosty healy male tech mech here, my cast is in my sig.

Blackheart521
Jul 12, 2012, 12:11 PM
Here, have a cookie. :) (The fatter the fleshlings become, the better a meal they make)

Protip: Read the fine print.
When they were informing me of the process of becoming a CAST and the changes, they never mentioned exactly how many times greater the metabolism is as opposed to a human's. Forever alone? No, forever a stick. :(

Forever a sword clipping through the ground. ^^

ZyloWolfBane
Jul 12, 2012, 12:13 PM
I was a male cast yesterday, but upon the discovery that respecs cost AC I remade my character, and the allure of the stat spread that Female Newmans have I couldnt resist making one for Min/max reasons.

Happens every time >.<

Vintasticvin
Jul 12, 2012, 12:16 PM
I was a male cast yesterday, but upon the discovery that respecs cost AC I remade my character, and the allure of the stat spread that Female Newmans have I couldnt resist making one for Min/max reasons.

Happens every time >.<

If we had facial expressions your metalic brothers would look at you with shame and disgust :-(

Yakatsugi
Jul 12, 2012, 12:17 PM
^
I'll just stare.

Zyrusticae
Jul 12, 2012, 12:19 PM
This thread needs more pictures.

Have a shiny Cast!
[spoiler-box]http://img6.imageshack.us/img6/9582/pso20120711002644002.jpg[/spoiler-box]

Scline
Jul 12, 2012, 12:20 PM
Forever a sword clipping through the ground. ^^

I shall spare you because you are of the Human Master Race and also because I have just welcomed this post into my sig. Thank you for your addition. :)

Yakatsugi
Jul 12, 2012, 12:25 PM
^lol, is it clipping because the sword's too long and your character is too short?

Scline
Jul 12, 2012, 12:26 PM
^lol, is it clipping because the sword's too long and your character is too short?

Endeavour 2.0 is minimum height, just as Endeavour 1.0 before him(RIP, I miss you)

Mega Ultra Chicken
Jul 12, 2012, 12:31 PM
Edit: Fallacy? The reason I'm a cast and trying to look cool is a universe apart with YOUR reason to look cool, don't compare me and you please. You want to play as female/ male/role play/pretend, try to look cool, or for whatever reason go right ahead. I'm playing as a Male Cast for the sole reason of avoiding and not being grouped together with people like you.

Don't know about the other Casts, but for me the only reason I play as a Male Cast is because every other race has either boobs or P**s.

Really, everyone has their own preferences and the way they want to play the game. You want to play as female and look at its ass all day and fap? Go right ahead. Want to play as a guy, even though 99% of you are already one? Go right ahead.

I don't play as female because if I wanted to fap I'm quite sure I can find something more worthwhile elsewhere, I don't particularly enjoy looking at their asses either. It's a game, I'm playing it for the gameplay. And while those who do play as female characters even though their a guy IRL can do it, I find no reason to and I don't enjoy playing as them either.

Now.... male or male cast...... In most other games I'd doubt there'd be a third robot race, so I'm stuck with being a guy character, nothing wrong with that. But in PSO games it's quite different, assumption, presumption, whatever, but for me I feel there's just more SOMETHING... I can't quite say what it is, but it's SOMETHING...... and I don't want to be part of that stupid SOMETHING so I choose to play as a male cast(obviously not with a human face)

That first quote wasn't even directed at you, so settle down bro. And before you call me that kind of person, I don't condone the "staring at a woman's ass" argument. I was just using unfortunate but true evidence to refute that poster's idea that female character+male player=the player likes men.

"People like me?" What kind of person am I to you? ...But I'm not sure whether answering such a question would be appropriate because starting an argument like the one brewing here could quickly derail the thread.

And don't get me wrong, I do like me some male Casts. BROcast's a beast and a very manly Force. My only problem with the Cast population was (key word being "was") that whole meta-Cast supremacy thing in PSU where anything other than a Cast was considered worthless (other than the Newman techers.) It's just that part of your first post didn't make sense to me.

Yakatsugi
Jul 12, 2012, 12:42 PM
That first quote wasn't even directed at you, so settle down bro. And before you call me that kind of person, I don't condone the "staring at a woman's ass" argument. I was just using unfortunate but true evidence to refute that poster's idea that female character+male player=the player likes men.

"People like me?" What kind of person am I to you? ...But I'm not sure whether answering such a question would be appropriate because starting an argument like the one brewing here could quickly derail the thread.

And don't get me wrong, I do like me some male Casts. BROcast's a beast and a very manly Force. My only problem with the Cast population was (key word being "was") that whole meta-Cast supremacy thing in PSU where anything other than a Cast was considered worthless (other than the Newman techers.) It's just that part of your first post didn't make sense to me.

There's no argument, I just felt like saying whatever, don't mind me. Sorry if it offended you.

MAXrobo
Jul 12, 2012, 01:07 PM
FOcast reporting in! Iv played a male CAST in every phantasy star game because they look cool. and they just keep getting better :D

[SPOILER-BOX]http://www.pso-world.com/forums/picture.php?albumid=2053&pictureid=29377[/SPOILER-BOX]

Mega Ultra Chicken
Jul 12, 2012, 01:09 PM
There's no argument, I just felt like saying whatever, don't mind me. Sorry if it offended you.

It's okay. It's just that the argument could have gone better. Things got heated a little too quickly.

GoldenFalcon
Jul 12, 2012, 01:11 PM
My only problem with the Cast population was (key word being "was") that whole meta-Cast supremacy thing in PSU where anything other than a Cast was considered worthless (other than the Newman techers.)

> Beasts before the Jabroga nerf

Mega Ultra Chicken
Jul 12, 2012, 01:12 PM
> Beasts before the Jabroga nerf

Either way, Human players got ridiculed and kicked from parties... I think.

GoldenFalcon
Jul 12, 2012, 01:14 PM
Either way, Human players got ridiculed and kicked from parties... I think.

Yeah, they didn't have SUV, and their Jabroga was lackluster
poor guys. If they DID get let into the party, they usually were on rifle duty, but even newmans do that better than humans..

Vintasticvin
Jul 12, 2012, 01:17 PM
Yeah, they didn't have SUV, and their Jabroga was lackluster
poor guys. If they DID get let into the party, they usually were on rifle duty, but even newmans do that better than humans..

Things were alot worser for humans if they wartechers :( I know first hand how that was. I was once a fleshie til I took a FOcast to the knee.

Yakatsugi
Jul 12, 2012, 01:36 PM
So humans are balanced, Newman get better stats regarding force, cast is better stat for melee/range? or just range.

Vintasticvin
Jul 12, 2012, 01:42 PM
So humans are balanced, Newman get better stats regarding force, cast is better stat for melee/range? or just range.

Everything is correct except Casts= Superiority over the meatbags.

Yakatsugi
Jul 12, 2012, 01:44 PM
K, human= balance, Newman=better force crappy melee/range, Cast= Better everything else cept force(crappy force)/superior over meatbags.

Sound right?

Twigod
Jul 12, 2012, 02:07 PM
Yes it's always fetish based and clearly i'm a homosexual. (Lol.)

sugarFO
Jul 12, 2012, 02:24 PM
As far as the guys who play as girls thing. I think some guys take it waaaay too far and just get too obsessed oggling their characters and talking about them nonstop. It can be a little creepy IMO like they wish they were a girl but only think being a girl is about having bouncy big boobs? It's so weird haha.

raiden55
Jul 12, 2012, 02:28 PM
male cast + mini newman female
'cause those 2 are things you don't see often on other mmos

Vintasticvin
Jul 12, 2012, 02:44 PM
male cast + mini newman female
'cause those 2 are things you don't see often on other mmos

Pff wait til the western release I assure you there will be mini newearls all over the place it would make the Japanese Lisa clones a bit nervous

The_Brimada
Jul 12, 2012, 02:57 PM
I have one of the more rare male CASTS it seems. A cast with a face. However, occasionally I do put on a helmet(metal head).

[spoiler-box]http://i22.photobucket.com/albums/b323/mdbrim2004/PSO2/pso20120627_162817_157.png [/spoiler-box]

Yakatsugi
Jul 12, 2012, 02:59 PM
Faceless Male Cast for life.

The_Brimada
Jul 12, 2012, 03:31 PM
IIRC, the first playable Male Cast type character in the Phantasy Star series was actually an android, not a mecha (gundam). I'm all for using the mecha heads though. I just wish they had better ones.

Yakatsugi
Jul 12, 2012, 03:35 PM
They need to add more parts.

TetsuyaHikari
Jul 12, 2012, 04:08 PM
I was fine with your post, OP, until this:

It's fine if you don't like playing female characters, but to say you feel "weird" for playing one because you're a guy makes you sound sexist. Basically, it's like saying, "I can't like that. That's for giiiiiiiiirls. I'm a maaaaaaaaan"

We have a term of people like that. We call them, "insecure". I've actually had friends turn down RPGs before because it had a girl on the cover. They refused to even be seen leaving a game store with it because they said, "I'm a guy. What are people going to think when they see me with that?" or something similar. It's ridiculous, really.

I'm a guy, but 9 times out of 10, I'll play a female for a few reasons, really.

A. If I'm going to be running around all the time, you better believe I'd much rather view the backside of a girl than a man, but that's just my personal preference, lol.

B. I tend to like girls' customization more than the guys' customization in games (whether it be something like this, a fighting game, or whatever really. The hairstyles are usually better, imo)

C. I've always had a thing for strong women. I don't mean muscular. I mean determined, ya know? Although, I suppose a frail girl can be fine too if she's a magic user or something (oh look at me stereotyping, lol)

Anyway, there's no reason to feel any less masculine for playing as a woman. Just take a look at Joan of Arc. She was probably more of a man than either of us will ever be. There are many different kinds of females in this world. I'm drawn to the androgynous types, so even though my characters are female, they do carry a couple of male traits and don't appear that feminine unless I want them to.

Case in point, my main, Saber Ver 3.0. She's quite feminine now because I altered her appearance a little bit after getting the wedding dress, but in her usual attire, she has a more masculine aura about her and could easily put plenty of men to shame with her strength, heh.

Also:

Don't wanna play human or newman either cuz it just seems like everyone's tryin' to look cool.

What's wrong with that? Do you expect people to pick bad looks? I'll admit to it. I tried for a cool/boss/badass look for my alt, Rally Vincent. I don't see the problem with that though, honestly.

Just because you're part of the minority as a male CAST doesn't mean you should make others feel like what they're doing is, "mainstream" or whatever. You want minority? Go find a Newman Hunter, lol. Now that's something to talk about.

Scotty T
Jul 12, 2012, 04:22 PM
[spoiler-box]http://i48.tinypic.com/19hxv.jpg
The wedding girl is coincidence, honest.[/spoiler-box]

TetsuyaHikari
Jul 12, 2012, 04:48 PM
[spoiler-box]http://i48.tinypic.com/19hxv.jpg
The wedding girl is coincidence, honest.[/spoiler-box]

She's a braver girl than I. Since obtaining the wedding dress, my main is a little more cautious about the way she sits, lol. She usually does sit in the ALT+CTRL+C manner, but since that provides an upskirt shot, yeeeeah... I'll be sticking with ALT+X for a while :|

Feggge
Jul 12, 2012, 05:04 PM
Didn't know we were a minority :/

But here's my Tin Can!

Sorry, dunno how to make spoilers tags...

TetsuyaHikari
Jul 12, 2012, 05:06 PM

But here's my Tin Can!

Yeah, I'm pretty sure male CAST ranked lowest (or it may have been male Newman actually). All I know is, male CASTs are pretty rare it seems, with female CASTs being slightly more popular. Also, to add spoiler tags, type:

[spoiler-box]

Yexes
Jul 12, 2012, 05:26 PM
CAST SUPREMACY!

darkante
Jul 12, 2012, 05:37 PM
Yeah, gonna give my Cast some loving.
Hunter time!

Vintasticvin
Jul 12, 2012, 05:57 PM

But here's my Tin Can!

OH MY GAWD that s ONE AWESOME looking cast you have :o

DreXxiN
Jul 12, 2012, 06:05 PM
Male CAST reporting in here...and no not a human with mechanized parts.

...Well I'll be honest here, I don't have a CAST yet as I've been a RAmar since PSO, but if I can make my cast look like this bad boy, I'll definitely have one:
[spoiler-box]http://i17.photobucket.com/albums/b60/Drexxin/psu20090602_171239_038.jpg[/spoiler-box]

Logged more hours on him than my main on PSU anyway. I quite pride myself in the unique customization that CASTs had without delving into the humanistic aesthetics.

KEV1N
Jul 12, 2012, 07:41 PM
[spoiler-box]http://i.imgur.com/YsfEK.jpg[/spoiler-box]

Sakarisei
Jul 12, 2012, 08:16 PM
My big cast:

[SPOILER-BOX]http://dl.dropbox.com/u/73518512/pso20120713_031234_007.jpg[/SPOILER-BOX]

darkante
Jul 12, 2012, 09:05 PM
Gotta say i love the black-yellow combo.

Vintasticvin
Jul 12, 2012, 09:13 PM
BAH so many sexy mechs in here and giant fighting robots are one of the few things chicks wont say to admit that they like the most :P

AzureBlaze
Jul 12, 2012, 09:16 PM
HUcast!
I'll always have one/my main will always be that. However, no photo because can't get him to look right with the SUPER limited amount of parts / bad decision they opened with. I am kind of 'putting up with' the character to level it, but it's not "mine" until I can get him right.

EVERY single other class except HUcast got "clone clothes"
FOmar/FOmarl robe, FOne dress thing, even RAcast (the default RAc) looks similar enough that if you had one in the other games, you could be reasonably satisfied except for your head. Elenor RAcaseal has the same head, there's the HUcaseal look with the ninja mask lower mouth part...everybody got brought back EXCEPT HUcast and it frusterates me to no end (So far).

What was HUcast?
Robot+Ninja.
I loved that about them. They were STEALTH not this big klunky boxy huge things. If you want to be boxy, that's great. Just don't make that the only option for male cast. Not looking like a franchise robot does not mean looking like Data from startrek or some bogus human clone thing. There are plenty of cool creative ways to be robotic without looking like a pile of cardboard boxes or a knockoff of some other fandom.

We've taken such a downgrade on # of heads too since PSU...it's awful.
At least open it with 5 heads+the plastic faces. No wonder nobody picks it. You'll look just like everyone else but as a pallet swap. If you were bringing in "Your Guy" from any previous game, or want to at least look different there's no way to do it yet.

Kimil Adrayne
Jul 12, 2012, 09:45 PM
I'm really not a fan of the designs for male casts in this game. PSU's ones were terrible too, but at least it was better than a whole Gundam race.

Gimme a HUcast from PSO, and I'll, be happy.

Fafnir
Jul 12, 2012, 11:16 PM
Female Cast for me. I loved the aesthetic of Casts in PSO1, and PSO2 dumped that on males for a faux gundam appearance that I really don't care for (I love me some occasional Gundam, but not in my PSO). I feel like, in pandering to a wider audience, they ended up sacrificing an element of the original's aesthetic that was so unique.

At least female Casts look closer to the original PSO aesthetic, and the changes were actual improvements. They look slightly more mechanical, and the way the joints are designed gives them a wonderful sense of movement in their design, but they still achieve a level of humanity that was present in PSO1 that is not present in male PSO2 Casts.

If male Casts looked similar to how they did in PSO1, I would have made one of those instead.

Geistritter
Jul 12, 2012, 11:21 PM
Male Casts are the one true race. Need better heads, though; not everyone wants to be a Gundam or Halo Spartan.

Ryuujin13
Jul 12, 2012, 11:29 PM
HUcast has been my character in the PSO series since day one. Tried the others races but it was never to same as the cast exp.

Demon-
Jul 12, 2012, 11:30 PM
Yeah there is no Cast Supremacy in this game. It's all newman females here.

Geistritter
Jul 13, 2012, 02:29 AM
Wait, what? The original PSO had more customization?

You been takin' crazy pills, son.

soulpimpwizzurd
Jul 13, 2012, 02:32 AM
the only male newman i've seen is His Holiness Teodooru looool

wait is he a newman

Mega Ultra Chicken
Jul 13, 2012, 02:36 AM
the only male newman i've seen is His Holiness Teodooru looool

wait is he a newman

You're forgetting someone...

Geistritter
Jul 13, 2012, 02:36 AM
Eh, they're not male Casts, and are thus unimportant.

mikemanla
Jul 13, 2012, 02:42 AM
I'm actually really surprised by the level of gender disparity in this game. I don't think we really have up-to-date census data available. The closest thing we do have is some of the data SEGA released during the beta tests. For the CBT, at least,

26.9% of characrers were female Newmans
25.1% of characters were female Humans
19.1% of characters were female Casts
13.8% of characters were male Humans
10.3% of characters were male Casts
4.8% of characters were male Newmans

I'm sure it would be different if we had accurate numbers now. But yeah, speaking purely from my anecdotal experience, female chars do vastly outnumber male chars, and male newmans are _especially_ rare.

So despite the fact that I played a male cast as my main in both PSO and PSU, I actually ended up making a male newman ranger as my first char in PSO2. Don't ask me why. The one advantage is that, compared to most other stats, there's very little gap for R-atk between the various race/gender combos. The base racial for newmans is 102, for humans is 103, and for casts is 104 or 105 (female casts are higher).

I think a big part of my problem is simply how male casts look in this game. You can customize the head to a great degree. But we get a whopping 3 options for each slot for legs/arms/torso for male casts. It's so profoundly inadequate. Honestly, I feel like both PSO2 and PSU have largely been downgrades from the customization available in PSO. Yeah, PSO2 has more sliders and stuff, but most of them just make your character look more grotesque and inhuman as you move farther away from the midpoint.

FOnewm here, I am the 5%?
FOnewrl > FOnewm < HUcast > FOcast
FOnewm vs FOcast is an interesting question though.

Twigod
Jul 13, 2012, 02:44 AM
The stats aren't that crazy. Most gamers are dudes, dudes like chicks. Anything sexual aside, it's almost always cooler seeing a chick kick ass than a dude, basic underdog logic.

Geistritter
Jul 13, 2012, 02:52 AM
FOnewm vs FOcast is an interesting question though.

The mecha pope hat trumps all challengers.

Hucast-Kireek
Jul 13, 2012, 04:29 AM
Sexyness

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v141/Gween2/bkjhkh.jpg

At its best...YET!

Macman
Jul 13, 2012, 04:31 AM
Sexyness

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v141/Gween2/bkjhkh.jpg

At its best...YET!

Didja get your hands on a Soul Eater yet?

Tianren
Jul 13, 2012, 06:20 AM
I rather like how my Cast has turned out, despite the funky colours...

[SPOILER-BOX]http://i403.photobucket.com/albums/pp118/Tianren_S/pso20120713_051856_001.jpg[/SPOILER-BOX]

Feggge
Jul 13, 2012, 07:03 AM
OH MY GAWD that s ONE AWESOME looking cast you have :o

Ehm... k. So is this sarcasm or what?

Vintasticvin
Jul 13, 2012, 08:34 AM

Nope, Im being 120% honest that you have a cool looking cast.

Tianren
Jul 13, 2012, 02:46 PM

Why would he be sarcastic? That is actually a really nice colour scheme! A lot better than my trashy one...

Metalsnake27
Jul 13, 2012, 02:56 PM
Speaking of which, is it just me, or are like, 90% of the players Female Casts.

Went on a block with a whole bunch of Japanese players... I swear I saw like 1 or 2 males lol

Tianren
Jul 13, 2012, 03:02 PM
Most players on the game are of a female gender in general, CBT statistics are in this thread somewhere... Imagine my surprise when I saw 4 other Male Casts today, kinda makes me smile seeing them and their colour schemes and part setup...

satchko
Jul 13, 2012, 04:14 PM
some nice ones in here. went with a more 'muted'? color scheme than I see on most:
http://img31.imageshack.us/img31/3936/racast.png (http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/31/racast.png/)

darkante
Jul 13, 2012, 04:18 PM
I curse SEGA for the colour changing restrictment.
Itīs something i could pay AC directly for...so many choices!

Makes me a sad panda.
Dang expensive suits..

Feggge
Jul 13, 2012, 04:19 PM
Why would he be sarcastic? That is actually a really nice colour scheme! A lot better than my trashy one...

It was the whole "OH MY GAWD" in all caps that felt off. But I apologize for my distrust, and thanks to both of you! :)

burninglink5
Jul 13, 2012, 04:58 PM
Been playing a male cast in every rendition of PSO thusfar. I don't plan on changing that anytime soon.