PDA

View Full Version : JP PSO2 07/13 Emergency Maitenance to address NPC moving Exploit.

Sizustar
Jul 12, 2012, 07:47 AM
2012年7月12日(木)20:20更新
アークス・ロビー内のNPCの位置を変更するという不正行為につきまして、原因を特定し、
修正とアップデートの準備を進めております。
この対応として明日7月13日(金)に臨時メンテナンスを行わせていただく予定です。

臨時メンテナンスまでの暫定対応として、該当ブロックの再起動および不正行為を行った
アカウントの利用停止を行いました。

ただし、臨時サーバーメンテナンスまでは、Ship02だけでなく、他のシップにおいても
同様の問題が発生する可能性がございます。
現在Ship09にて、同様の現象を確認しております。

誠に申し訳ございませんが、「アークス・ロビー内のNPCが正しい場所にいない」ブロックが
発生した場合は、不正行為が発生していない別のブロックでプレイいただくようお願いいたします 。

お客様には大変ご迷惑をおかけしておりますことをお詫びいたします。

Source:
http://pso2.jp/players/news/?id=209

As the incident have not just effect Ship-2.
Sega have confirmed that they had also moved the NPC in Ship 9, there will be an emergency maitenance to address this issue, no set time have been given yet.

Mizunos
Jul 12, 2012, 08:00 AM
From 1: pm to 6: pm JST.

Daiyousei
Jul 12, 2012, 08:05 AM
Ship 9 got hit as well? Of course it had to be the only two ships I have characters on

DoubleCannon
Jul 12, 2012, 09:32 AM
honestly, I hope sega can really put a stop to all this. It makes me sad such a jewel of a game get hacked. I am glad i am on ship 10 and have not seen any hacking yet. I like fair legit playing! Stupid hackers need to seriously get a life.

SolRiver
Jul 12, 2012, 09:37 AM
As long as we don't have a Sony repeat on hand.

Knowing that they can manipulate server data for npc, they probably can mess with plenty of other things too.

Though I'm not sure if they can touch credit card information yet. That will depend how closely related are the game server and credit card/AC database. (Now if they touch Sega ID database...)

Blackheart521
Jul 12, 2012, 09:40 AM
honestly, I hope sega can really put a stop to all this. It makes me sad such a jewel of a game get hacked. I am glad i am on ship 10 and have not seen any hacking yet. I like fair legit playing! Stupid hackers need to seriously get a life.

Technically they didn't hack anything that would make the game unfair this time, but it was still quite the nuisance. ^^;

Kritzinger
Jul 12, 2012, 09:48 AM
Technically they didn't hack anything that would make the game unfair this time, but it was still quite the nuisance. ^^;

I guess you haven't tried typing in "PSO2" and "god mode" into YouTube, have you?

Blackheart521
Jul 12, 2012, 09:50 AM
I guess you haven't tried typing in "PSO2" and "god mode" into YouTube, have you?

I know that there ARE those types of cheats but that isn't what the focus is on this time. Hence the title of the thread.

Alenoir
Jul 12, 2012, 09:52 AM
As the incident have not just effect Ship-2.
Sega have confirmed that they had also moved the NPC in Ship 9, there will be an emergency maitenance to address this issue, no set time have been given yet.

So the logical explanation must be that the people that's messing around on Ship 2 got banned.

SEGA's acting awfully fast for this. >.>

JCGamer
Jul 12, 2012, 09:54 AM
I'm glad there fixing the issue soon we can play and enjoy pso2 once more. I know game barely just been release but I know there gonna improve the game more

darkfalz16
Jul 12, 2012, 10:58 AM
what time is that in mst or est?

Dan Maku
Jul 12, 2012, 11:00 AM
inb4complacencyandtrolls

I can only hope that they won't start consider region-blocking as a result. The Japanese playerbase is already unhappy with us as it is, the last thing we need is for them to believe their fear of us is founded.

Also, semi-serious question: I see "RMT" in discussions of these idjits. What is RMT?

Alenoir
Jul 12, 2012, 11:04 AM
Also, semi-serious question: I see "RMT" in discussions of these idjits. What is RMT?

Real money trade. Selling meseta for real world money. Gold farming may be a more familiar term here in the west.

Yakatsugi
Jul 12, 2012, 11:15 AM
And we all though PSO2 would be Eden, guess it wasn't, with hackers around and a lot of downtime due to patches.

EvilMag
Jul 12, 2012, 11:16 AM
At least Sega is doing shit. If this was on the American servers, SoA wouldn't do shit.

Crysteon
Jul 12, 2012, 11:42 AM
And we all though PSO2 would be Eden, guess it wasn't, with hackers around and a lot of downtime due to patches.

It's Eden, if they find a way to nuke Block 20 for good!

navci
Jul 12, 2012, 11:42 AM
Blah. This is annoying. Because of work I only get to play at night... when all the maintenance is happening.

Yakatsugi
Jul 12, 2012, 11:52 AM
In the long term I don't think we'll be able to play much if they keep up with the patches and downtime maintenance. Yeah you can salvage in some hours each day but, thinking at it from a long-term perspective, for those who stay home all day and want to play all day and only have like a month left to do so, we won't really get a lot of time to play until the game stabilizes.

MissMalice
Jul 12, 2012, 12:18 PM
what time is that in mst or est?

If I converted it correctly, it'll be at 12am EST.
Current local time in Tokyo (http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/city.html?n=248)

Enforcer MKV
Jul 12, 2012, 12:27 PM
Hmm...

[SPOILER-BOX]http://cdn.memegenerator.net/instances/400x/23342954.jpg[/SPOILER-BOX]

Yakatsugi
Jul 12, 2012, 12:31 PM
You mean the winter?

Kaiser4356
Jul 12, 2012, 12:39 PM
yea hopefully these get fixed and my freind's ban gets lifted. It is quite sad when some one who is innocent gets banned.

Vintasticvin
Jul 12, 2012, 12:49 PM
Wow Im wondering if I should see it as a blessing that my pc crashed after OBT. Its an insane end of week internet wise, first Nyancat gets attacked and now PSO2 is on fire... wow man wow.

As for the report paper the public has on the pso2 incident its clear the hacker/s were telling sega the game isnt as protected as they think it is and that their actions are the voices of the fas not happy about servers not being joint and are "teaching Sega a lesson".

The only thing that can save the western importer community is if a hacker stands up and put a stop to the malicious hacker/s nonsense.

Also it would suck right now being a part of that team called ".dothackers" right now.

Thermalwolf
Jul 12, 2012, 01:40 PM
Unless these guys are posing a threat to a hacker who respects the game enough to not release his work to the public then I highly doubt anyone is going to "stand up" to them...

It appears Sega of Japan is taking swift action. The guys claim to have been doing this for sometime and laughing at sega for it but my guess is they have been keeping it under wraps just for the sake of there argument until now. Sega will react, but how they react is left to be debatable. I do not think they will IP Ban. It would be easy but we are still part of the AC money flow for them, not to mention I think Sega understands that two little punks doesn't define us all. But alas, this is a sad sad day for PSO2....

Yakatsugi
Jul 12, 2012, 03:02 PM
Two little punks? Lolz..... sad indeed.

Blackheart521
Jul 12, 2012, 03:04 PM
Also it would suck right now being a part of that team called ".dothackers" right now.

LOL I AM!!!!

Vintasticvin
Jul 12, 2012, 03:08 PM
LOL I AM!!!!

:( You guys and gals getting any heat from the rage tards or you all arnt bugged.

Yakatsugi
Jul 12, 2012, 03:10 PM
Just feelin' that the perfect PSO2 is no longer pefect 'cause of 'em hackers. One of the reason I uninstalled and currently downloading now... 6 hours...

No one wants to play with hacker/cheaters. Playing MMO isn't about competition of your technical IT skills/hacking,scripting... whatever it involves. It's just about playing the game, distinction, advantage, progress is gained from playing. To come into possession of said things without even playing and just "hacking" is not "unfair" to everyone, it's like pissing on a cake at a birthday party and expect everyone to still want to have a piece of.
Though really the only reason they're hacking is to screw with other people and not gain advantage for themselves so far, the above analogy still applies. "It can be done."

If the guys who are involved in this hacking incident want to show off their hacking prowess, go do it to rob a bank or in some hacking class in school.

Vylera
Jul 12, 2012, 03:15 PM
Just feelin' that the perfect PSO2 is no longer pefect

Not to burst your bubble, but no game's perfect, with or without hackers.

GoldenFalcon
Jul 12, 2012, 03:28 PM
No one wants to play with hacker/cheaters. Playing MMO isn't about competition[...]

..Then why do you let the hackers affect you at all? Way to let them win

Gama
Jul 12, 2012, 03:31 PM
..Then why do you let the hackers affect you at all? Way to let them win

ding ding ding we have a winner.

all most of them want is atention.

gravityvx
Jul 12, 2012, 03:40 PM
Funny, I haven't even really noticed or cared about hackers and haven't effected me in the least in this game till they fucked with my npcs. Shit just got srs. Still, I haven't been effected at all from closed beta to release until they fired all the npcs, so long as they get weeded out and at least get this npc crap sorted, all is good. Hackers for damn sure have yet to stop me from enjoying anything in the game, just a minor annoyance like the damn attention grabbing bugs they are.

Blackheart521
Jul 12, 2012, 07:19 PM
:( You guys and gals getting any heat from the rage tards or you all arnt bugged.

I haven't gotten anything said to me in regards to my team's name, actually had a really good time today playing with one of my english friends and two japanese players. So no issues there as of yet. ^^

Vintasticvin
Jul 12, 2012, 07:24 PM
I haven't gotten anything said to me in regards to my team's name, actually had a really good time today playing with one of my english friends and two japanese players. So no issues there as of yet. ^^

Happy face thats good and I was kinda wondering bot your guys after the whole shitstorm regarding servers going down :o

oifjustus
Jul 12, 2012, 11:01 PM
Getting so sick of the maintenances on this game -.-. They always come when I actually have time off work to sit down and play.

Pantsu
Jul 12, 2012, 11:02 PM
; ~ ; Maintenance.....

liquidpyramid
Man, had a killer party going farming Vol Dragon.

Hosaka
Pre-maintenance lobby spam is great fun, though!

Skye-Fox713
Jul 12, 2012, 11:03 PM
indeed isn't the weekly maintenance on Tuesdays for us?

Garnet_Moon
[spoiler-box]http://i.imgur.com/I0gqz.jpg[/spoiler-box]

Squall179
Well you might LIKE this maint, why?

Because this one is to address the NPCs being moved around, something about an exploit that needed closing if I remember right.

ashley50
So you'd rather not let them fix problems?

Hucast-Kireek
Maintenance,

How long will this one last...I didn't play all day only for this to happen.

ZyloWolfBane
Heh, I wish I was able to read the warnings, the maintenance started a 9PM on the dot for me and we had JUST finished a boss fight >.<

Hosaka
Jul 12, 2012, 11:04 PM
[spoiler-box]http://i.imgur.com/I0gqz.jpg[/spoiler-box]

Aaaand this is exactly what I was talking about!

Jungo Torii
Better now than later to get all the kinks ironed out of the game early.

I'm actually quite glad that they're having all these maintenances, myself.

Peejay
I don't like it. I can't handle that much commotion.

I wasn't exactly aware of the maintenace, but I guess it seems like a scheduled thing.

Metalsnake27
Yeah I kept seeing those warnings, guessed it was for a maintenance.

Oh well, I made my character and beat mission 0 lol

Hucast-Kireek
How long will this one last?

ashley50
Jul 12, 2012, 11:05 PM
http://www.pso-world.com/forums/showthread.php?t=198054

Metalsnake27
Site says 13:00~18:00 JST

A.K.A.: 12:00am - 5am EDT

ashley50
http://www.pso-world.com/forums/showthread.php?t=198054

Garnet_Moon
Scheduled for 5 hours, but it can go longer if need be.

oifjustus
Yeah.. it's bullshit really..

Yunfa
Getting so sick of the maintenances on this game -.-. They always come when I actually have time off work to sit down and play.

If you wish to blame anyone, you can blame those script kiddies. My gf can read Chinese, and on a Chinese related PSO2 forum they uploaded screenshots of the program being used. All the interface of the program are in English. I got all excited looking at the things you can do such as walk through walls and infinite PP, but was immediately put down by my gf as she told me that many people confirmed being banned for experimenting with the program.

Dan Maku
Jul 12, 2012, 11:07 PM

There is good reason for this maintenance, though: to counter-act the recent hack attacks.

Also, there's gonna be a big maintenance next week for the new Mine area and new costumes.

Peejay
Jul 12, 2012, 11:08 PM
If you wish to blame anyone, you can blame those script kiddies. My gf can read Chinese, and on a Chinese related PSO2 forum they uploaded screenshots of the program being used. All the interface of the program are in English. I got all excited looking at the things you can do such as walk through walls and infinite PP, but was immediately put down by my gf as she told me that many people confirmed being banned for experimenting with the program.

This... isn't something you'd want to admit in a place like this.

Hosaka
Jul 12, 2012, 11:09 PM
I'd honestly be cool with 7 hour maintenance everyday

NOPE.jpg

Hucast-Kireek
Jul 12, 2012, 11:12 PM
So that's 5-7 hours? great...

You know its getting annoying that they choose the exact times you play to do it.

Elmera
For some reason whenever I get disconnected the first thing I think is "damn they banned foreigners" and I go rushing to the website and server list to assure myself it's just maintenance. I've already spend too much money on arc and it's making me super paranoid

Metalsnake27
Well, the maintenance gets me to read up on the guides on what I'm confused about @_@

Hosaka
Jul 12, 2012, 11:13 PM
Just 5, if all goes well.

Mikura
Jul 12, 2012, 11:16 PM
I knew this maintenance was coming from reading the bumped blog earlier today, so I logged out before I got the boot. I'm glad they're reacting so swiftly to the recent hacks though. I'd rather get too much service than not enough.

sugarFO
Jul 12, 2012, 11:18 PM
Maybe they'll make the NPCs like.... glued to the floor lmao.

Hucast-Kireek
Jul 12, 2012, 11:18 PM
I should've stayed sleeping, but I wont.

They released the game too early without testing it properly, that's what I'm seeing.

Technology is reaching a time where mankind just cant handle it anymore.

Garnet_Moon
Jul 12, 2012, 11:20 PM

They released the game too early without testing it properly.
No, the game that got released too early was FFXIV.

PSO2 is spot on. Well, aside from the security issue...

Scarlet_Rain
Jul 12, 2012, 11:20 PM

They released the game too early without testing it properly, that's what I'm seeing.

Damn those npc's walking around like that! :O

Blackheart521
Jul 12, 2012, 11:21 PM

Well this maintenance wasn't really something they were planning on, it's because of the recent NPC hacking that was happening, basically preventing it from happening again. ^^;

Hosaka
Jul 12, 2012, 11:22 PM
Right, it's maintenance to address the effects of the hacking attacks, not for bug fixes or anything.

At least, it's MAINLY for that.

FOnewearl-Lina
Jul 12, 2012, 11:24 PM
No, the game that got released too early was FFXIV.

That steaming pile of shit that was supposed to be pay to play, but ended up being free to play (after buying the client of course) for over a year while they sorted their shit out? Yeah people should start comparing PSO2's launch to that and then there wouldn't be any complaining!

Garnet_Moon
Jul 12, 2012, 11:26 PM
That steaming pile of shit that was supposed to be pay to play, but ended up being free to play (after buying the client of course) for over a year while they sorted their shit out? Yeah people should start comparing PSO2's launch to that and then there wouldn't be any complaining!
FFXIV was so bad it had to stay f2p, but last year it went p2p... a very low monthly fee, yes, but still p2p. Yeah, that killed the server I was on, so I said screw it and dropped it. I... I still keep it updated because I will try it again when they reactivate all accounts for the free month to try 2.0....

Hucast-Kireek
Jul 12, 2012, 11:26 PM
My topic was Transformed "fused"? 0_o..uh thanks.

This is what it says.

Currently, there are cheating in some block of Ship02, called to change the position of the NPC in the ARCS Lobby
Has been confirmed, we consider the measures.

Because there is if you want to restart the block in question to resolve, but very sorry,
If you are "not to place the correct NPC in the ARCS Lobby" in the block,
We encourage you to play in another block abuse has not occurred.

In addition, more information about fraud is currently under investigation, by this fraud
Or that adversely affect the play of your data, such as some personal information is compromised or
Please be assured that do not have.

Operation team "PSO2" is open later for an account of 75 β test, cheating has been confirmed,
We have implemented measures to stop the permanent use. In addition, for fraud, such as the use of the account to do to stop immediately after checking in the future,
We will continue to deal with the rigorous means decisive.

In addition, we posted about the ban on use of the account list in the corresponding situation.
For information on what to do to cheating, you will be notified by corresponding status list in the future.

Wait..so there's hackers in ship 2? figures... and are all the ships on maintenance because of this?

Hosaka
Jul 12, 2012, 11:28 PM
My topic was transformed? 0_o..uh thanks.

This is what it says.

Wait..so there's hackers in ship 2? figures... and are all the ships on maintenance because of this?

Yes, there were (or are) hackers on Ship 2, and yes, maintenance is for all ships.

KrankItVZ
Jul 12, 2012, 11:29 PM
Cmon, I got the 3 day My Shop ticket and theres been sum kinda maintenance every day so far!

Garnet_Moon
My topic was transformed? 0_o..uh thanks.

This is what it says.

...you... just... found out... about the hackers...? And yes, all the servers are down to address it on them all. If they did it on only a few, they can do it on the others.

Hosaka
Cmon, I got the 3 day My Shop ticket and theres been sum kinda maintenance every day so far!

It's for 30 days, bro.

Geistritter
Jul 12, 2012, 11:30 PM
It's for 30 days, bro.

Not if the ticket is for 3 days, bro.

Hosaka
Jul 12, 2012, 11:30 PM
Not if the ticket is for 3 days, bro.

Is that how much the FUN scratch version gives? Damn.

Geistritter
Jul 12, 2012, 11:32 PM
Meh, it's free. I wouldn't mind grabbing that now and again myself.

Hucast-Kireek
Jul 12, 2012, 11:32 PM
See this is why we cant have nice things...they are wasting our time and SEGA's time!

(I knew there were hackers but not this magnitude of them)

Hosaka
Jul 12, 2012, 11:33 PM
Okay, yeah, I can see how that would be really annoying if you only had your shop open for 3 days during all these maints. :<

Geistritter
Jul 12, 2012, 11:40 PM
Indeed.

At any rate, I hope non-Japanese players don't become the scourge certain other demographics become on North American free to play games. Even if they didn't IP block us, it's unfortunate for the people who're dickholes who have nothing better to do than be irritating to be grouped with the people who just want to play the game.

Not much fun for the Japanese players either, not that all of them aren't dickholes. Never come across any groups of them consistently celebrating the self-imposed stupidity block 20 does, though.

The cries of "RUINED FOREVER" are nonetheless silly. Not only was this not a perfect game to begin with by any remote definition of the term, but shit like this is bound to happen eventually.

FOnewearl-Lina
Jul 12, 2012, 11:44 PM
Indeed.

At any rate, I hope non-Japanese players don't become the scourge certain other demographics become on North American free to play games.

This'll happen no matter what, because JP will stumble into block 20 and see a whole bunch of ppl talking in public chat. They didn't like this in PSU and they don't like it now either.

FFXIV was so bad it had to stay f2p, but last year it went p2p... a very low monthly fee, yes, but still p2p. Yeah, that killed the server I was on, so I said screw it and dropped it. I... I still keep it updated because I will try it again when they reactivate all accounts for the free month to try 2.0....
Yeah I quit before it went p2p, and I had everything at 50 to so you can tell how much I tortured myself with that game.
At least they're finally getting a JUMP feature in 2.0!

Hosaka
Jul 12, 2012, 11:45 PM
This'll happen no matter what, because JP will stumble into block 20 and see a whole bunch of ppl talking in public chat. They didn't like this in PSU and they don't like it now either.

Newsflash: There are Japanese people in Block 20! And they talk in public chat, too!

TO US :V

Garnet_Moon
Jul 12, 2012, 11:46 PM
Newsflash: There are Japanese people in Block 20! And they talk in public chat, too!

Bakagaijin and strings of wwwwwwwwwwwwww are not exactly what I would consider in favor of us.

Vylera
Jul 12, 2012, 11:47 PM
Okay, yeah, I can see how that would be really annoying if you only had your shop open for 3 days during all these maints. :<

*Raises hand*

I'm one of those people.

I don't really care though. Why should I complain that I managed to use a cash shop feature for free? Still got 2 days out of it.

FOnewearl-Lina
Jul 12, 2012, 11:48 PM

And then they go and post anonymously in 2ch about how there's so many damn bakagaijin in block 20 of ship 2, how is that a newsflash?

Hosaka
Jul 12, 2012, 11:48 PM
Bakagaijin and strings of wwwwwwwwwwwwww are not exactly what I would consider in favor of us.

There are those types, but there are friendly ones, too. YUPO, SANZO, shiness, and even one of my teammates, Keyo, all frequent B20 and talk to everyone.

Vylera
Jul 12, 2012, 11:49 PM

Newsflash: There were Japanese people talking about how us foreigners suck at translating into Japanese on block 43.

Laga
Jul 12, 2012, 11:51 PM
learn japanese? go into your control panel and unlock the japanese keyboard?

Zari
Jul 12, 2012, 11:52 PM
...you... just... found out... about the hackers...? And yes, all the servers are down to address it on them all. If they did it on only a few, they can do it on the others.

Not to mention they DID actually do it to others. They hit ship 9 earlier from what I heard and they hit ship 7 about an hour before this maint

Hosaka
Newsflash: All Japanese people think and act as one. Because some dislike English speakers or make fun them, the rest must do the same! /sarcasm

The point I was addressing was that the Japanese aren't going to "stumble" onto us, be all shocked about our behavior, and start plotting to get us all IP banned. They already know we're playing and where we are. Some like it, some don't.

Meruru
Most of the Japanese in block 20 don't seem to mind all the gaijin . A lot of them go there specifically just to practice their English with us.

sugarFO
Newsflash: There were Japanese people talking about how us foreigners suck at translating into Japanese on block 43.

Haha. I met a nice JP guy in game and he let me play with his other JP friends. I'm sure I embarrassed him and his friends were probably like :roll: because I chose to use Japanese phrases gyaru girls say. LOL.

FOnewearl-Lina
Jul 13, 2012, 12:00 AM
Newsflash: All Japanese people think and act as one. Because some dislike English speakers or make fun them, the rest must do the same! /sarcasm

The point I was addressing was that the Japanese aren't going to "stumble" onto us, be all shocked about our behavior, and start plotting to get us all IP banned. They already know we're playing and where we are. Some like it, some don't.

Newsflash: Just because *some* Japanese know about the English presence on block 20, not *all* of them do. It's not impossible for a new Japanese player to stumble into block 20 and be confronted with a wall of public chat.

Hosaka
Jul 13, 2012, 12:07 AM
Newsflash: Just because *some* Japanese know about the English presence on block 20, not *all* of them do. It's not impossible for a new Japanese player to stumble into block 20 and be confronted with a wall of public chat.

Newsfl--okay, I'm gonna end that right here.

So a lone Japanese player stumbles onto B20 every now and again, and they don't happen to have been informed beforehand that there is a good English presence on that ship, during an especially chatty time amongst the lobby rats. Okay, I'll give you that that scenario is plausible.

What's going to happen, really? The post anonymously on 2ch of their loathing for the bakagaijin, and... what? Like I said, MOST already know. Sega definitely knows. If anything's going to get us in trouble, it's the hackers, not how people on B20 act.

Honestly, the ones who complain the most about B20 are other English-speakers themselves. They're the ones with the real stick up their butts about it.

holdthephone
Jul 13, 2012, 12:11 AM
Whew, just made an account and hit level 5 last night.

What's all this drama about chat lobbies? A block of foreigners spamming general chat is something I'd find hilarious, though I guess I made the mistake of rolling on a more Japanese ship.

Garnet_Moon
Jul 13, 2012, 12:13 AM
Whew, just made an account and hit level 5 last night.

What's all this drama about chat lobbies? That's seems common in any MMO -- WoW general channel was hilarious.
Most likely on an unaffected ship. Hackers moved the quest NPCs outside the area players can get to on the more popular ships and blocks. Hence this current maintenance.

Hucast-Kireek
Jul 13, 2012, 12:14 AM
Now I wonder what pic-chats are made by Japanese players and what are made by others.

TetsuyaHikari
Jul 13, 2012, 12:14 AM
Newsfl--okay, I'm gonna end that right here.

So a lone Japanese player stumbles onto B20 every now and again, and they don't happen to have been informed beforehand that there is a good English presence on that ship, during an especially chatty time amongst the lobby rats. Okay, I'll give you that that scenario is plausible.

What's going to happen, really? The post anonymously on 2ch of their loathing for the bakagaijin, and... what? Like I said, MOST already know. Sega definitely knows. If anything's going to get us in trouble, it's the hackers, not how people on B20 act.

Honestly, the ones who complain the most about B20 are other English-speakers themselves. They're the ones with the real stick up their butts about it.

Hmmm... I can't honestly say I've actually met any JP players that loathed our presence. I did see a JP player shouting in the lobby once, telling us "stupid foreign pigs" to "go home" though. All of the JP players I ever partied with were quite comfortable about me being on their server.

Some of them even laughed when I told them about the whole, "I.P. ban" worry. In my experience, I have found that some of them think it's not even worth worrying about. It won't happen.

Sega of Japan knows we play, their players do too. Both parties seem okay with it.

Sure, there are some stupid NA hackers that are trying to give us a bad name, but the reasonable ones understand that the hackers do not represent the views of every NA player.

FOnewearl-Lina
Jul 13, 2012, 12:23 AM
What's going to happen, really? The post anonymously on 2ch of their loathing for the bakagaijin, and... what?

Pretty much. I was only replying to concerns about non-Japanese players becoming scourge by saying it's already happened, and it also happened on PSU as well.

Hmmm... I can't honestly say I've actually met any JP players that loathed our presence.
Japanese society won't let them say it to your face directly, they'll play with you and go ^^ all day even if they hate your guts.

And then they'll post about how you suck on 2ch anonymously.

TetsuyaHikari
Jul 13, 2012, 12:31 AM
Japanese society won't let them say it to your face directly, they'll play with you and go ^^ all day even if they hate your guts.

And then they'll post about how you suck on 2ch anonymously.

You're right. I mean, it's not like there could actually be nice Japanese people.

Oh wait...

FOnewearl-Lina
Jul 13, 2012, 12:33 AM
Get real, this is the internets, we're not talking about the nice Japanese people...

And newspapers report good news more often than bad news.

Dabian
Jul 13, 2012, 12:40 AM
I've yet to meet any rude/condescending/elitist Japanese players. Those I've partied with are a polite and helpful lot. And the majority take the effort to reply to me in English after they realize watashi nihongo wakaranai.

Beside the point. Hack to get the devs attention it may be, but it still inconvenienced us regular players. For that, and on that alone, I would criticize.

Yes admittedly the game client's probably not as safe as houses, but if no one attacked the weak spots, we wouldn't even need to consider the notion. We'd be happily playing, blissfully ignorant of vulnerabilities.

Change the NPC color palette or something if you MUST hack to get your point across. Don't screw with other players and hope they'll still rally to your side.

gravityvx
Jul 13, 2012, 12:50 AM
Get real, this is the internets, we're not talking about the nice Japanese people...

Right, and the few that I've partied with (and still do) added me to their friend list because they secretly loath my existence. I think someone else needs to get real.

moorebounce
Jul 13, 2012, 01:24 AM
It could've been done by mad Japanese with good english or stupid Americans. I don't care who does it because they're all the same to me. STUPID. If Sega really didn't want NA/EU players on the servers they would make it harder for them to be on there so Japanese players should only get mad at Sega. As far as American hackers claiming they want Sega to fix exploits (that are clearly still there from PSU) they're stupid for attacking NA/EU players. I seen this coming when in other forums they said the programming was the same from PSU.

Sega was stupid in thinking maybe PSU hackers had grown up or thought they moved on by now. Someone at GameGuard had to be doing the chicken head on some of these SOJ exes to keep their product being used by Sega.

BIG OLAF
Jul 13, 2012, 01:36 AM
I did see a JP player shouting in the lobby once, telling us "stupid foreign pigs" to "go home" though.

For the record, that was an EN player who was trolling. I was there.

TetsuyaHikari
Jul 13, 2012, 01:37 AM

Please tell me you're trolling, lol.

EDIT:
For the record, that was an EN player who was trolling. I was there.

Nah, I'm talking about a JP player, not EN.

Hosaka
Jul 13, 2012, 01:43 AM
So a Japanese friend of mine, just now, after much time and effort, finally got to sign up to PSOW, then sent me a PM AND a visitor message saying hi and how she finally figured things out.

YEP THEY ALL SURE DO SECRETLY HATE US

Dabian
Jul 13, 2012, 01:44 AM
Do not hold back your hatred. For it will give you....UNLIMITED POWA!!!!!!!

BIG OLAF
Jul 13, 2012, 01:45 AM
Nah, I'm talking about a JP player, not EN.

Well then, it must have been two different people that said the exact same things, since I recall a EN troll saying those exact two lines at one time.

BogusKun
Jul 13, 2012, 01:48 AM
People shouldn't be too angry about the fixes and downtime though. It's getting fixed, and also there are other things to do in life.

Like play me on Xbox and play some Street Fighter with me =)

TetsuyaHikari
Jul 13, 2012, 01:52 AM
So a Japanese friend of mine, just now, after much time and effort, finally got to sign up to PSOW, then sent me a PM AND a visitor message saying hi and how she finally figured things out.

Yeah! I bet the handful of friends I have living in Japan that I play Mobile Suit Gundam: Battle Operation with secretly hate me too. They just keep playing with me to toy with my feelings so one day they can backstab me and laugh at me for being a, "baka gaijin"

Man... where do people come up with these crazy ideas anyway? Oh, and for the record, I've been screwed over by more people in NA than JP (or anywhere else, honestly). So, there's that.

Vylera
Jul 13, 2012, 01:53 AM

Will you just let it go already?

1 friend doesn't represent the whole Japanese community.

We all know that not all of them hate us.

Christ, keep your pants on.

Ranmaru
Jul 13, 2012, 01:57 AM
People shouldn't be too angry about the fixes and downtime though. It's getting fixed, and also there are other things to do in life.

Like play me on Xbox and play some Street Fighter with me =)

I would but:

1. I don't have Street Fighter. I could fix that tho.
2. I'm not that good at sf. ;o
3. I don't have wireless.

D:

==========================

Btw. So far I haven't had any problems with Japanese people. Usually if one joins they say things and I translate with google translate, they say good job and I try to copy paste that back. (To be polite)

Hosaka
Jul 13, 2012, 02:06 AM
Will you just let it go already?

1 friend doesn't represent the whole Japanese community.

We all know that not all of them hate us.

Christ, keep your pants on.

My last post before that one was nearly two hours ago, and I have made a grand total of... 4 posts on the subject, all in response to someone much more adamant with their opinion on the issue. What is it exactly that I need to "let go?"

Sidney
Jul 13, 2012, 02:06 AM
I've met a lot of really nice Japanese players - they seem to like my symbol art! We usually communicate via lobby actions, smilies and good jobs. It's always been very pleasant, even with the language barrier. Then again, I never play on any of the populated blocks. Haven't had a bad encounter yet, really!

BogusKun
Jul 13, 2012, 02:07 AM
Btw. So far I haven't had any problems with Japanese people. Usually if one joins they say things and I translate with google translate, they say good job and I try to copy paste that back. (To be polite)

Hey, at least you're admitting it. There is this girl on FB who is constantly gTranslating everything I say... not knowing that it is pretty inaccurate with Japanese to begin with and admits it after 5 fails. She does it and says the craziest things! I'm like since when did you know any Kanji? STELLAR!

Ranmaru
Jul 13, 2012, 02:12 AM
Heh. My pride wouldn't let me do that. x] Feels better to show off when you can actually back whatever you are doing. If I expressed that right. (It was also just a line)

Vylera
Jul 13, 2012, 02:16 AM
My last post before that one was nearly two hours ago, and I have made a grand total of... 4 posts on the subject, all in response to someone much more adamant with their opinion on the issue. What is it exactly that I need to "let go?"

It looks like you're on some sort of crusade to convince people that everyone in Japan loves our presence.

The fact that you came back after 2 hours with the same point actually implies, to me, that this has been on your mind the whole time, and/or you finally found something else to add to your "pool of proof."

Excuse my assumptions, but the all caps emphasis is pretty indicative, too.

But it's not like I matter.

Say what you want, cause I did too.

Hosaka
Jul 13, 2012, 02:20 AM

Yep, I sure am on a crusade to convince everyone that all the Japanese love us!

You'd be wrong if you were on the side of either extreme. Japanese people are people too, and have differing opinions on.... well, pretty much everything. I understand that some like us, some hate us, and others really couldn't care less.

I'm not up in arms to try to convince anyone of anything, except maybe that generalizations are bad.

Hucast-Kireek
Jul 13, 2012, 02:32 AM
Ignorance is this world's real enemy.

Dan Maku
Jul 13, 2012, 02:37 AM
Twitter

【7/13臨時メンテナンス終了】不正行為への対策のため、7/13(金)13:00より行われていた臨時サーバーメンテナンスは予定より早く、16:30を持って終了い たしました。皆様にはご迷惑をおかけした事をお詫びいたします。

The July 13 maintenance to end cheating has been extended to 16:30. Sorry for the inconvenience.

Hosaka
Jul 13, 2012, 02:39 AM
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

ShadowDragon28
Jul 13, 2012, 02:39 AM
fuuuuuuk

Laga
Jul 13, 2012, 02:40 AM
well... it is Friday... the 13th

Dan Maku
Jul 13, 2012, 02:40 AM
More from Twitter.

【Ship02での不正行為について】このたびの不正行為について、対策の内容と不正行為、不具合報告につ いてのご注意を追記いたしましたのでご確認ください。外部サイトへの不正行為、不具合の投稿は利用規約違反 となります。

In regards to cheating on Ship 02. We have added more information about what constitutes cheating. Remember: cheating is a Terms of Service violation.

BIG OLAF
Jul 13, 2012, 02:43 AM
The servers are up, guys. It's cool.

Hosaka
Jul 13, 2012, 02:44 AM
The servers are up, guys. It's cool.

Whoa, they really are. o_O

Squall179
Jul 13, 2012, 02:45 AM
Look....16:30 would put it at 4:30 PM JST, and when was the maint supposed to end at?

1: pm to 6: pm JST. was the timeframe listed originally.

*points to the posts above, having been off by about two minutes due to cat on keyboard*

Exactly. It ended Earlier than planned.

Twigod
Jul 13, 2012, 02:47 AM
Whoa, they really are. o_O

WHOA. They really, REALLY ARE.

We were expecting another 3~ hours, no?

TetsuyaHikari
Jul 13, 2012, 02:55 AM
It looks like you're on some sort of crusade to convince people that everyone in Japan loves our presence.

The fact that you came back after 2 hours with the same point actually implies, to me, that this has been on your mind the whole time, and/or you finally found something else to add to your "pool of proof."

Excuse my assumptions, but the all caps emphasis is pretty indicative, too.

But it's not like I matter.

Say what you want, cause I did too.

"crusade" ? What is this, the Middle Ages or something? Nobody's on a "crusade" here or whatever. I can see both sides of the coin here.

On one side, there will be people from other regions of the world which won't respect you.

On the other side of the coin, there will be people from other regions of the world that will respect you.

One person behaving in a particular manner doesn't reflect the views shared by a whole country. So, while there may be some nice JP players, there are also some rude ones. However, while there may be some rude JP players, there are some nice ones. The same can be said for NA players.

Also, it's a rather immature defense to say it's okay for someone else to say "what they want" just because you did too. That's basically granting yourself a free pass to badmouth people, then tell them it's okay to badmouth you in return since you're admitting you did so. If you really didn't care as much as you claim to, you would have just dropped it and moved on, but here you are, still pointing out Hosaka's posts.

Maybe you're the one on a "crusade" here, trying to convince people your way of thinking is the only way to think.

soulpimpwizzurd
Jul 13, 2012, 02:57 AM
i'm wondering how effective the maintenance will be. what's to stop the npc's from being moved again? every single time the npcs move do they plan on putting the game down for 3 hours? lol...

i really didn't care, i just went to a new block, simple.

Hucast-Kireek
Jul 13, 2012, 03:02 AM
Hmm, how much time left...

BIG OLAF
Jul 13, 2012, 03:06 AM

None. Servers are up, yo. I just said that last page. :-P

GoldenFalcon
Jul 13, 2012, 03:10 AM

[...until another maintenance]

(that was my guess)

Vylera
Jul 13, 2012, 03:13 AM
i'm wondering how effective the maintenance will be. what's to stop the npc's from being moved again? every single time the npcs move do they plan on putting the game down for 3 hours? lol...

i really didn't care, i just went to a new block, simple.

Really don't know what they did. Perhaps they made it so that NPC location is now server-sided information? I'd like to imagine that XYZ coordinates aren't that stressful to send out to players. Then again, I don't know much.

Who knows, let's just pray for the best.

mikemanla
Jul 13, 2012, 03:37 AM
It would seem the maintenance is now over.

Hucast-Kireek
Jul 13, 2012, 04:21 AM
Oh Good!

Back to the game...

[spoiler-box]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v141/Gween2/shiiit.gif[/spoiler-box]

FOnewearl-Lina
Jul 13, 2012, 05:52 AM
Maybe you're the one on a "crusade" here, trying to convince people your way of thinking is the only way to think.

Hi, I'm from the Inquisition. Are you a witch? BURN AT THE STAKE!8-)