PDA

View Full Version : Matter Board...

Digibilly17
Jul 12, 2012, 08:43 AM
Alright, so I'm level 35, and have only completed 47% on the first page of the matter board.
I feel like there is little to no incentive at this point to further complete it as it only provides a story I won't be able to understand and needing me to play at significantly lower levels than what I currently am at.
Am I mistaken? I tried to complete more of it, but the drop rates for the weapons needed to complete it are rather low, and I just couldn't do more than 15 minutes of grinding normal forest.

GoldenFalcon
Jul 12, 2012, 08:45 AM
If it says to kill level 7 and above things, I believe that it would work on hard mode as well

RocSage
Jul 12, 2012, 08:52 AM
You get stuff from the title lady too for 100% completion. Not particularly good stuff but stuff.
It's easy to do.

If you care about the story...
http://www.pso-world.com/forums/showthread.php?t=197539

we're working on it.

Hrith
Jul 12, 2012, 10:36 AM
The third and fifth matter boards have some decent rewards.

It's super fast clearing a matter board if you do only that.

Silvermember
Jul 12, 2012, 10:41 AM
I hate matter board quest E-2, they should really fix the amount of grind required for those matter board quest.

Coatl
Jul 12, 2012, 01:21 PM
Matter boards give you access to new NPCs and new Client orders, which in turn will make leveling feel like less of a grind.
Also, I often complete them because the weapons usually come with pretty good affixes, that I use to transfer to my desirable weapons.

MUDGRIP
Jul 12, 2012, 02:43 PM
is anyone have a problem with the 5th matterboard or is it just me? I just unlocked it and have been grinding a good mission with the enemy drop im looking for and it just doesnt seem to want to drop... I havent had any problems on my previous matterboards taking this long for a drop on a specific enemy.

Snitch
Jul 12, 2012, 03:06 PM
Im stuck on A-5 and C-5 Been switching between them, since none of em drops. Have done forest runs like 20 times now. And still no drop.. Is it because im level 19. and the quests are for level 7+ ? And the drops on the earlier matter board missions dropped after 4 kills... What gives ?

Should I change to another class and do em ? Since then I will be level 1 again ? Im frustrated... Not fun with no drop.. And yes I have activated the board quest...

MUDGRIP
Jul 12, 2012, 03:21 PM
well i did get my drop so i know its not glitched... just might take a little more effort than the previous boards

GoldenFalcon
Jul 12, 2012, 03:32 PM
Im stuck on A-5 and C-5 Been switching between them, since none of em drops. Have done forest runs like 20 times now. And still no drop.. Is it because im level 19. and the quests are for level 7+ ? And the drops on the earlier matter board missions dropped after 4 kills... What gives ?

Should I change to another class and do em ? Since then I will be level 1 again ? Im frustrated... Not fun with no drop.. And yes I have activated the board quest...

Apparently, being the right class makes it a much higher chance for it to drop, since the first instance of said drop will drop shiny instead. Can't really compare things that are dropped 10 times per quest to things that are hard drops from rarer enemies though

Snitch
Jul 12, 2012, 03:42 PM
Apparently, being the right class makes it a much higher chance for it to drop, since the first instance of said drop will drop shiny instead. Can't really compare things that are dropped 10 times per quest to things that are hard drops from rarer enemies though

Well I will try it as hunter then :D Ty for tip. And well, I just have to grind it out of em then :P

Dammy
Jul 13, 2012, 07:40 AM
is anyone have a problem with the 5th matterboard or is it just me? I just unlocked it and have been grinding a good mission with the enemy drop im looking for and it just doesnt seem to want to drop... I havent had any problems on my previous matterboards taking this long for a drop on a specific enemy.

how do you get 5 mb? i just finished 4th and have no idea where to get 5

jooozek
Jul 13, 2012, 07:44 AM
Clear the story quests. New branches of them open as you progress through matter board.

word2own
Jul 15, 2012, 02:34 AM
I'm stuck on MB4 as well. I've done all the orange orb missions, and ran a story mode desert mission with Furie (once). Is there something more I'm supposed to do?

Dammy
Jul 15, 2012, 02:52 AM
I'm stuck on MB4 as well. I've done all the orange orb missions, and ran a story mode desert mission with Furie (once). Is there something more I'm supposed to do?

run that mission again and choose 8.00

Zorafim
Jul 15, 2012, 03:54 AM
By the looks of it, every story mission needs to be done twice. After you finish all the matter board yellow quests, the mission needs to be done a second time, and that unlocks a new matter board. The most obvious case is the desert story mission, where the mission you get changes depending on what choice you make at the start. The choice doesn't even pop up until you get all the yellow missions done.

Also, starting with MB3, you can assume that all the missions require hard mode. If you're grinding on enemies below lv20, I don't think you'll get anything. It also seems like you won't get any event tablets if you're in a party. The one time I tried to get it while in a party, I just couldn't find it. I also couldn't find them in areas less than lv20.

So far, E5 of the first board was the hardest grind. I couldn't find those, what are those bees called? Breeda? And when I could, they refused to drop things. Considering that, I've had pretty great luck with drops.

And if you're looking for rewards, you'll get a ton of 5* weapons and armor doing them. MB5 has a great deal of excellent weapons and armor in them, and you'll have up to date armor and beyond doing these too. My best weapons tend to come from matter board quests. Though the lack of spears really annoys me.

word2own
Jul 15, 2012, 04:23 AM
Thanks for the help Dammy, got it now!