PDA

View Full Version : An Interview with the SHIP 2 Hackers

EXPFULL
Jul 12, 2012, 05:16 PM
Now, we might get moved back to 'Fan Works' again for posting about our PSO2 Podcast, but we really think this is both newsworthy and entertaining enough for the main forum...

Not 24 hours removed from the hack last night, we've put out a special report edition of EXP FULL focused on the Ship 2 hack.

We reached out to the hackers after witnessing it all kick off in real-time, then posting our article on our site... and not only did we receive the statement we asked for, but also got some answers to a few questions.

You can hear the interview on the episode that is uploading as I type: 'Episode 6 - EMERGENCY CODE: ATTACKED!'

We've got a fairly large listener base after 5 episodes, but if you're new to the show, please do check out our previous podcasts - they are a bit more fancy than this quick report style edition!

Thanks and enjoy,
Peace.

Polly
Jul 12, 2012, 05:19 PM
Sure, why not. Just give them even more attention. It's all they want anyway.

There is nothing these people can say that would be of any use or interest to anybody with half a brain.

Yexes
Jul 12, 2012, 05:19 PM
Delete this thread, false info is false. These kids were NOT white knight hackers. In fact, the correct term is white hat hacker. These kids are black hat- maybe grey. They did this for selfish reasons, and stopped a good portion of people from playing the game. Also, they did this with cheat engine. endof

Dan Maku
Jul 12, 2012, 05:21 PM
Not listening. Not giving them attention. No one else should, either.

Yexes
Jul 12, 2012, 05:22 PM

I used them for attention yesterday, it was quite fun. I recorded them teleporting me and sent it to sega, and it got them banned. Was lulzworthy

Polly
Jul 12, 2012, 05:23 PM
Furthermore, this is merely an attention grab for you as well with as much as you spam your shitty podcast around here and in lobbies.

TetsuyaHikari
Jul 12, 2012, 05:25 PM
Now, we might get moved back to 'Fan Works' again for posting about our PSO2 Podcast, but we really think this is both newsworthy and entertaining enough for the main forum...

Not 24 hours removed from the hack last night, we've put out a special report edition of EXP FULL focused on the Ship 2 hack.

We reached out to the hackers after witnessing it all kick off in real-time, then posting our article on our site... and not only did we receive the statement we asked for, but also got some answers to a few questions.

You can hear the interview on the episode that is uploading as I type: 'Episode 6 - EMERGENCY CODE: ATTACKED!'

We've got a fairly large listener base after 5 episodes, but if you're new to the show, please do check out our previous podcasts - they are a bit more fancy than this quick report style edition!

Thanks and enjoy,
Peace.

This certainly doesn't say much about your podcast if you're endorsing something of this quality. It's sad, really. They're trying to gain attention for all the wrong reasons and you're only supporting their cause, giving yourself a terrible image in the process by trying to help keep them in the spotlight while squeezing yourself into the picture to share it with them.

You and the others should feel ashamed of yourselves.

Whit
Jul 12, 2012, 05:26 PM
Videogames.

EXPFULL
Jul 12, 2012, 05:26 PM

Fair point... SEGA weren't available to comment so... we wanted to give our listeners something on the hacks.

TetsuyaHikari
Jul 12, 2012, 05:27 PM
Fair point... SEGA weren't available to comment so... we wanted to give our listeners something on the hacks.

They already tweeted their response to the problems which occurred. Did you honestly expect them to give you of all people a direct answer, personally? Who do you think you are, really?

This is laughable.

Metalsnake27
Jul 12, 2012, 05:29 PM
Videogames.

Kids these days.

Polly
Jul 12, 2012, 05:30 PM
They already tweeted their response to the problems which occurred. Did you honestly expect them to give you of all people a direct answer, personally? Who do you think you are, really?

This is laughable.

Bastions of PSO2 clearly. I mean they're the EXPFULL PODCAST, don't you know? Gawd, what rock do you live under?

TetsuyaHikari
Jul 12, 2012, 05:33 PM
Bastions of PSO2 clearly. I mean they're the EXPFULL PODCAST, don't you know? Gawd, what rock do you live under?

Ugh. I'm really behind on my celebs, aren't I? I'll try to pick up a copy of PSO Weekly when I'm out later to see who's dating who.

Dan Maku
Jul 12, 2012, 05:36 PM
Ugh. I'm really behind on my celebs, aren't I? I'll try to pick up a copy of PSO Weekly when I'm out later to see who's dating who.

Make sure to check their police blotter for the hackers. >:3

moorebounce
Jul 12, 2012, 05:37 PM
You guys need to quit hating an if you don't listen to the podcast then don't.

I actually think the hackers were stupid in the first place by hacking where the NA/EU players were. If they were really trying to get Sega's attention they should've struck the Japanese ships and blocks.

DreXxiN
You guys don't have to be ridiculously rude, by the way. I don't support what OP is doing because like said, it gives them attention they don't deserve and are seeking but the personal insults are extremely ridiculous. Vent your IRL frustrations elsewhere; there is no need for the hatred.

The Walrus
Ugh, "White Knight Hackers", are you fuckin serious

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5e_dJHLsuPM

Yexes
Jul 12, 2012, 05:42 PM
Ugh, "White Knight Hackers", are you fuckin serious

What's wrong with you!? (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5e_dJHLsuPM)

already addressed that, report and move on

AlMcFly
Jul 12, 2012, 05:45 PM
I like how you guys have set yourselves up as PSO2 "breaking news" reporters sort of. Cool stuff.

TetsuyaHikari
Jul 12, 2012, 05:46 PM
You guys need to quit hating an if you don't listen to the podcast then don't.

I actually think the hackers were stupid in the first place by hacking where the NA/EU players were. If they were really trying to get Sega's attention they should've struck the Japanese ships and blocks.

Ummm... but they did strike a Japanese block too (block 9, iirc).

You guys don't have to be ridiculously rude, by the way. I don't support what OP is doing because like said, it gives them attention they don't deserve and are seeking but the personal insults are extremely ridiculous. Vent your IRL frustrations elsewhere; there is no need for the hatred.

You're right. We don't have to be ridiculously rude, but he also doesn't have to be ridiculously childish by supporting this nonsense. He made an irresponsible decision and now I'm calling him on it.

If you want to call it, "hatred", go ahead. It's not though. I'm trying to make an example out of himself in hopes that he will learn from his mistake and realize this is not the way you want people to remember you.

He could be covering the new update coming up on the 18th, but no. Instead, he chooses to focus on people that don't deserve the attention of a fly. Don't quit your day job, man.

Anyway, I said my piece.

Meruru
Jul 12, 2012, 05:50 PM
Interviewing hackers!? That's a first lol.

Vintasticvin
Jul 12, 2012, 05:52 PM
I reckon we all have EXPFULL on our blacklist as of now?

Dan Maku
Jul 12, 2012, 05:53 PM

...eeeeeeyup.

PAZUZU
Jul 12, 2012, 05:54 PM

Is it an audio interview?

AlMcFly
Jul 12, 2012, 05:58 PM

This is ridiculous. Same rationalization behind picketing a news channel for interviewing a dictator for an unpopular country. I personally want to hear the hackers rationalization behind what they are doing. I will still believe they are attention-seeking wh*res, but at least it is straight from their mouths rather than COMPLETE speculation (which I hate more).

DreXxiN
Jul 12, 2012, 05:59 PM
This is ridiculous. Same rationalization behind picketing a news channel for interviewing a dictator for an unpopular country. I personally want to hear the hackers rationalization behind what they are doing. I will still believe they are attention-seeking wh*res, but at least it is straight from their mouths rather than COMPLETE speculation (which I hate more).

I believe this is the point. People can hate and boycott this all they want but an interview with hackers is going to have an enormous amount of views even from those who hate it. Curiosity gets views and that's all they need...Just looking at it from a business perspective. :P

If I had to guess, OP doesn't really care about what's right or wrong. I'm not justifying what they are doing, just explaining that it really doesn't matter how people respond to it unless it truly tarnishes the rest of their content forever, which as much as people would like this to, I doubt it will.

Nu Lo Yin
Jul 12, 2012, 06:00 PM
I laugh because most of you haters, probably went and listend...

Dan Maku
Jul 12, 2012, 06:00 PM

Anything they may say would be complete and utter bunk, because their actions sent a whole different message than what they may have wanted to send, and that actual message is the reason they should be ignored like the lepers they are.

Vintasticvin
Jul 12, 2012, 06:02 PM

Hmm, you know Al you're right I shouldn't have jumped the gun like that after I too am a bit curious as to why they did what they had done.

Powder Keg
Jul 12, 2012, 06:05 PM
File this under WGAF.

EvilMag
Jul 12, 2012, 06:06 PM
You guys are butthurt.

TetsuyaHikari
Jul 12, 2012, 06:09 PM
>2012
>still thinks there's a new reason behind what hackers do

Oh my.

EDIT:
You guys are butthurt.

Says the guy randomly coming in to post that, lol. umad?

PAZUZU
Jul 12, 2012, 06:10 PM
This is ridiculous. Same rationalization behind picketing a news channel for interviewing a dictator for an unpopular country. I personally want to hear the hackers rationalization behind what they are doing.

Agreed. Listening to the podcast now and it is very interesting. Was hoping for an audio interview but I'm finding out a lot more about the incident than trawling through all the various posts here.

Maybe the conversations the hacking has generated will actually encourage SEGA to fix the exploits, and that would be a good thing right?

EvilMag
Jul 12, 2012, 06:18 PM
>2012
>still thinks there's a new reason behind what hackers do

Oh my.

EDIT:

Says the guy randomly coming in to post that, lol. umad?

Someone just visited 4chan.

Yexes
Jul 12, 2012, 06:24 PM
Someone just visited 4chan.

It's awfully hot in here.

EvilMag
Jul 12, 2012, 06:26 PM
It's awfully hot in here.

When he/she is around yes.

Yexes
Jul 12, 2012, 06:29 PM
When he/she is around yes.

Oh boy, it's even hotter now

holmwood
Jul 12, 2012, 06:29 PM
COPYPASTA~ NOM NOM NOM

But in all due seriousness, hacking a game to prove any point is pointless. What can you accomplish, really?

EvilMag
Jul 12, 2012, 06:30 PM
Oh boy, it's even hotter now

When you keep posting yes.

yuiri
Jul 12, 2012, 06:33 PM
this is why JP online games "IP BLOCK" non-japan resident.

Totori
Jul 12, 2012, 06:35 PM
This is becoming extremely pointless, I say we lock this topic so nothing else can come from it.

EvilMag
Jul 12, 2012, 06:35 PM
This is becoming extremely pointless, I say we lock this topic so nothing else can come from it.

I agree with this person.

Firehouse1983
Jul 12, 2012, 06:42 PM
I'm surprised it wasn't locked after the first post, honestly.