PDA

View Full Version : Drop chances

lykann
Jul 12, 2012, 06:11 PM
So, I've been having some terrible luck. I'm level 23, and I've not had a single rare drop for me the entire game. Is there any way one might increase drop chances for a Force? All I ever get are HU drops, which, while decent, are entirely useless to me.

TetsuyaHikari
Jul 12, 2012, 06:15 PM
So, I've been having some terrible luck. I'm level 23, and I've not had a single rare drop for me the entire game. Is there any way one might increase drop chances for a Force? All I ever get are HU drops, which, while decent, are entirely useless to me.

You could always go for a weapon that's got, "Lucky Rise" on it and hope you get on a map with multiple parties for PSE Burst. Cross Burst would be ideal though. It increases the drop rate by 5%. It can still be quite small, but hey, it's better than the chances you originally had, heh.

So yeah, just look for a FO weapon with this as an ability:

ラッキーライズ

lykann
Jul 12, 2012, 06:24 PM
Will do. I've only been in one cross burst the whole game, and it barely got me any meseta. I've been trying to get into large parties, but since the official release, it's difficult to find english players.

jooozek
Jul 12, 2012, 06:28 PM
You don't really need english parties for cross bursting, just find a party that is in a hugely populated multiparty area and then click on that party and select the second option, you will create your own party in that multiparty area and then just follow the other parties around. You don't really need to communicate with other parties.
A small note too, you can get a the rare items drop rate boost from the Drinks menu, I don't remember which drinks exactly give a chance for it (iirc Deband and HP UP) but the japanese wiki has info on it, apparently it's pretty common to get it on the EX drinks.

Macman
Jul 12, 2012, 06:30 PM
All I know from experience is that Galfs (the smaller wolves) drop the 7star broom rod on hard. I haven't encountered any other FO rares yet.

lykann
Jul 12, 2012, 07:57 PM
You don't really need english parties for cross bursting, just find a party that is in a hugely populated multiparty area and then click on that party and select the second option, you will create your own party in that multiparty area and then just follow the other parties around. You don't really need to communicate with other parties.
A small note too, you can get a the rare items drop rate boost from the Drinks menu, I don't remember which drinks exactly give a chance for it (iirc Deband and HP UP) but the japanese wiki has info on it, apparently it's pretty common to get it on the EX drinks.

For some reason, i've only access to two of the possible drinks, and can't get any more.

The Walrus
Jul 12, 2012, 07:59 PM
Do the orders for the nurse girl

Sirius-91
Jul 12, 2012, 08:21 PM
There's an AC scratch item that increases drops rates.

Vylera
Jul 12, 2012, 08:27 PM
PSE bursts are a lifesaver.

I think this was a case of exceptional luck, but during a PSE cross burst in a massive city party that I randomly joined on the whim of a left click, I found 3 rares before the burst was over. It lasted about 4 minutes total. Very situational, but be sure to hop on any city parties when they show up for huge huge profit.

And to be completely honest with you, in terms of performance and saving money, you're better off getting the 4 and 5 star drops. For example, it takes 21k per attempt to transfer attributes onto the rifle I found. I think it was a 9 star.

Nothing wrong with being a collector, but I'm just warning you that until about level 30 when you can start using the 8+ star rares, rares are mostly just for show.

texhnolyze
Jul 12, 2012, 08:38 PM
kill bosses' parts to get a better chance of dropping rare items
and PSE Burst, of course

Akiyama
Jul 12, 2012, 09:24 PM
I hardly roll with a full regular party. I'll usually join solo.. someone else's multi-party (95% of the time Japanese) and just roll in a huge crew with them. It's so good on emergency mission.. though I kept getting those damn rare rods :/

n/m, guess it's a talis.. but w/e.

Leyline
Jul 12, 2012, 11:08 PM
You are only level 23, I didn't find my first rare until 37.

Then last week I had a game where I found every rare drop from each monster in forest wasn't even a crazy multiplayer, me, TelleT and some NPCs.

Macman
Jul 12, 2012, 11:09 PM
kill bosses' parts to get a better chance of dropping rare items
Source?

KrankItVZ
Jul 12, 2012, 11:46 PM
Source?

Try it yourself. Range is the most obvious one unless you are unlucky. Same logic as Monster Hunters. Cut tail, get a tail piece. In this case though its just more chances of better drops

Other than that yea I want some items :( I'm so poor

Vashyron
Jul 12, 2012, 11:48 PM
Breaking Enemy Parts do equal to more drops, which in the end does make for higher chance of a "good drop."

HunterFusion
Jul 13, 2012, 12:02 AM
I've saved a lot of money from selling abunch of useless stuff except rares and im almost to 1 million n I've done a lot of item hunting and the chances are pretty low but as the other said. Lots of PSE n boss fights. I just beat stuff endlessly until I give up. Also have items that serves item drop chances such as weapons and armor pieces maybe? But I have a 10% chance with my tali.

DoubleCannon
Jul 13, 2012, 09:55 AM
I found a 7* cane, Red Processor from Ragne yesterday! Although I cant use and I would give it to you except I cant lol. Ragne was level 18 also, free caves

IzzyData
Jul 13, 2012, 04:17 PM
I was beginning to think there weren't any rares in this game. Level 25 and haven't found anything at all.

darkante
Jul 13, 2012, 04:31 PM
I have seen alot of rares, but i usually get things that sell less then the tekker cost so i donīt bother if i am more certain what it is.

Macman
Jul 13, 2012, 04:32 PM
I've only found 3 rares so far. The really common gunslash, and 2 Ray Duplex gunslashes from PSZ.

All the other stuff I had to buy from player shops. ^^;

Heat Haze
Jul 13, 2012, 04:41 PM
As far as rares go, got a lot of them. Mostly multiples though.

Especially Zanba. It's the DBSaber of PSO2, I swear.

Four of these. (http://pso2.swiki.jp/index.php?%E3%82%BF%E3%83%AA%E3%82%B9%E3%83%AC%E3% 82%AC%E3%82%B7%E3%83%BC)

One of this thing. (http://pso2.swiki.jp/index.php?%E3%82%AA%E3%83%B3%E3%83%9F%E3%83%A7%E3% 82%A6%E3%82%AD%E3%82%AB%E3%83%9F)

And one ranger weapon. (http://pso2.swiki.jp/index.php?%E3%82%AA%E3%83%B3%E3%83%9F%E3%83%A7%E3% 82%A6%E3%82%AD%E3%82%AB%E3%83%9F)

The only thing worth mentioning would be the Ranger weapon sadly.

The drop rates are abysmally low, that much is all I really need to know. Percentages don't really matter for me. (Especially considering 80% for even Dodo is like, an instant failure on the topic of Grinding/Ability Creation)