PDA

View Full Version : does anyone else feel this way?

GrieverXVII
Jul 12, 2012, 09:09 PM
To those who play PSO2 with a keyboard and mouse, as a ranger in crosshair mode i find myself unintentionally rolling/dodging a lot! Because i like to strafe a lot i switch between W A and D a lot in short sequence and i always accidently roll...like into lava -_-

They have a button to press to dodge...is there a way to turn the double tap roll/dodge feature off?

Chik'Tikka
Jul 12, 2012, 09:12 PM
don't use keyboard so you don't accidentally double tap keys?? I've heard of people with a Wii nun-chuck for running and mouse for aiming+^_^+ although, that sounds hard to set up, I'd just use half a controller (also heard that)+^_^+ did the whole keyboard mouse things and it annoyed me to now end not having analog control and being able to quickly tap the keys for micro-movements+^_^+ immediately ordered a wireless adapter for my Xbox controller+^_^+

GrieverXVII
Jul 12, 2012, 09:14 PM
don't use keyboard so you don't accidentally double tap keys?? I've heard of people with a Wii nun-chuck for running and mouse for aiming+^_^+ although, that sounds hard to set up, I'd just use half a controller+^_^+

I appreciate your quick response...but i prefer mouse and keyboard especially for crosshair or shooters.

chiramu
Jul 12, 2012, 09:15 PM
I find myself losing my PP when I strafe and cast at the same time (on my Force) :<. I think sometimes the keys are a bit too sensitive or something :<.

Ryock
Jul 12, 2012, 09:17 PM
I also prefer the keyboard much like you do, and I play a force. I can understand playing hunter pretty easily on the controller, and force and ranger too if there was a better mechanic in place to make the controller a little more comfortable, but personally it's easier to adapt on a keyboard and mouse. As for your question though, I'm sorry to say I can't answer it, since I actually don't look at too many of the options very often. But I do run into the same problem as you at times.

Chik'Tikka
Jul 12, 2012, 09:18 PM
I appreciate your quick response...but i prefer mouse and keyboard especially for crosshair or shooters.

that's the kicker, with the predefined Xbox controller setting for PSO2, it allows you to still use your mouse for aiming, and the analog stick for running and evading is just so much more precise+^_^+ that's the only solution i can think of for you, i don't know if you can turn off double tap dodge or not, if it is in game, it's most likely here http://bumped.org/psublog/pso2-options-guide/#control +^_^+ good luck!!

EDIT: put up wrong url, right one now+^_^+

GrieverXVII
Jul 12, 2012, 09:48 PM
that's the kicker, with the predefined Xbox controller setting for PSO2, it allows you to still use your mouse for aiming, and the analog stick for running and evading is just so much more precise+^_^+ that's the only solution i can think of for you, i don't know if you can turn off double tap dodge or not, if it is in game, it's most likely here http://bumped.org/psublog/pso2-options-guide/#control +^_^+ good luck!!

EDIT: put up wrong url, right one now+^_^+

Thanks for your kind advice :)

Darki
Jul 12, 2012, 10:24 PM
don't use keyboard so you don't accidentally double tap keys?? I've heard of people with a Wii nun-chuck for running and mouse for aiming+^_^+

Wut

Tell me more about that. I've been years trying to hook my wiimote to the game and I'd actually like being able to use it, specially because my gamepad lacks some buttons.

AlMcFly
Jul 12, 2012, 10:36 PM
To those who play PSO2 with a keyboard and mouse, as a ranger in crosshair mode i find myself unintentionally rolling/dodging a lot! Because i like to strafe a lot i switch between W A and D a lot in short sequence and i always accidently roll...like into lava -_-

They have a button to press to dodge...is there a way to turn the double tap roll/dodge feature off?

I made a poll in open beta about unintentionally rolling all the time. The conclusion that we came to is that I was THE ONLY PERSON playing with a keyboard and mouse, and gamepad people did not have this problem. Well EFF you guys too XD

GrieverXVII
Jul 12, 2012, 10:42 PM
I made a poll in open beta about unintentionally rolling all the time. The conclusion that we came to is that I was THE ONLY PERSON playing with a keyboard and mouse, and gamepad people did not have this problem. Well EFF you guys too XD

my brother plays in the same room as me on his laptop, uses an xbox controller on his hunter, i think it's cool. but i'm a PC gamer, i am dedicated to the mouse and keyboard. I was hoping there'd be an option to turn that off like "toggling" options in games, or a simple config edit. im actually gonna check that out.

AlMcFly
Jul 12, 2012, 10:44 PM
my brother plays in the same room as me on his laptop, uses an xbox controller on his hunter, i think it's cool. but i'm a PC gamer, i am dedicated to the mouse and keyboard. I was hoping there'd be an option to turn that off like "toggling" options in games, or a simple config edit. im actually gonna check that out.

There isn't really. Check my guide for translations of option menus.

GrieverXVII
Jul 12, 2012, 10:51 PM
There isn't really. Check my guide for translations of option menus.

alright, cool thanks man.

UnLucky
Jul 12, 2012, 11:21 PM
keyboard supremacy here

I'd end up trying to double tap dodge if I turned it off, but yeah I do it accidentally sometimes. just gotta use the mouse for small adjustments or stop being so twitchy

wonder if you could plug in a controller and map keys to buttons and use the keyboard like a pad

GrieverXVII
Jul 13, 2012, 12:05 AM
keyboard supremacy here

I'd end up trying to double tap dodge if I turned it off, but yeah I do it accidentally sometimes. just gotta use the mouse for small adjustments or stop being so twitchy

wonder if you could plug in a controller and map keys to buttons and use the keyboard like a pad

haha that'd be cool, kinda like an opposite xpadder :P

Vylera
Jul 13, 2012, 12:09 AM

I'm keyboard and mouse also (don't like controllers).

I've never explored into getting rid of double tap because I don't find it to be a problem.

Usually the only time I double tap on accident is when I'm in a fix, in which case it ends up helping me out rather than forcing me into...lava.

All I can say is think of movement like just attacking. Pace your keys, don't spam!

GrieverXVII
Jul 13, 2012, 12:26 AM
I'm keyboard and mouse also (don't like controllers).

I've never explored into getting rid of double tap because I don't find it to be a problem.

Usually the only time I double tap on accident is when I'm in a fix, in which case it ends up helping me out rather than forcing me into...lava.

All I can say is think of movement like just attacking. Pace your keys, don't spam!

haha yea, i'm trying that since i started playing this about couple weeks back now. I'm so used to playing APB:R (3rd person shooter) where your positioning and reflexes have to be super quick, so it's hard adjusting lol.

kdrakari
Jul 13, 2012, 01:08 AM
I actually rarely do the dodge on accident other than outside of combat. In combat I'm generally always moving, and having one button held down continuously makes it much less likely that I'll accidentally double tap. And I main ranger so when I do it's rarely much of a loss unlike Forces who have to wait for the whole long animation to complete and could lose a charged tech and PP.

JeyKama
Jul 13, 2012, 01:13 AM
I do it a lot as a ranger but the only time it bothers me is trying to get on those Kartago buggers and set up on their back so that the face-end of their laser doesn't clip me. That doesn't work out too well.
Nonetheless it would be nice to disable double-tap :<

Wolfgrey666
Jul 13, 2012, 01:16 AM
I do it too, and most often when i am in midair getting ready to do a rifle pa.

Sometimes during strafing as well XD

Ranmaru
Jul 13, 2012, 01:20 AM
I also use keyboard and mouse, and don't have any problems. I did have problems with the instant chat functions (O, P, L, ;)

So I changed them to (E,R,D,F) because the ; didn't work.

I also wish I can change the numpad keys, because scrolling thru the wep panel with my mouse is convenient, but I'd like to change them to ALT + Numbers (the ones above in a line) since those would be faster.

I do have the problem of not being able to use Ctrl or Alt as ptt buttons. Alt because I'll be holding W and will wave each time I use it. Ctrl because too far. ;D

Chik'Tikka
Jul 13, 2012, 01:21 AM
Wut

Tell me more about that. I've been years trying to hook my wiimote to the game and I'd actually like being able to use it, specially because my gamepad lacks some buttons.

"Most people don't know that the Wiimote communicates with the Wii via a Bluetooth wireless link. The Bluetooth controller is a Broadcom 2042 chip, which is designed to be used with devices which follow the Bluetooth Human Interface Device (HID) standard, such as keyboards and mice. The Bluetooth HID is directly based upon the USB HID standard, and much of the same documentation applies."

http://dolphin-emulator.com/connect-wiimote.html ignore the Dolphin stuff after the guide (as that's only for Dolphin and won't work on anything else), you'll have to Google 3rd party programs to map controls i think, also Bluetooth can be a little touchy imo+^_^+ you better getting a 360 pad and holding it in your left hand with evade remapped to LB and using d-pad and LT for items+^_^+

AlMcFly
Jul 13, 2012, 01:22 AM
I also use keyboard and mouse, and don't have any problems. I did have problems with the instant chat functions (O, P, L, ;)

So I changed them to (E,R,D,F) because the ; didn't work.

I also wish I can change the numpad keys, because scrolling thru the wep panel with my mouse is convenient, but I'd like to change them to ALT + Numbers (the ones above in a line) since those would be faster.

I do have the problem of not being able to use Ctrl or Alt as ptt buttons. Alt because I'll be holding W and will wave each time I use it. Ctrl because too far. ;D

You sir are a genius. I don't know why I didn't think of remapping the stupid instant chat keys. I am a habitual mt person trying to say something to the party but sending crap in whisper to people i haven't talked to in hours...

Miyoko
Jul 13, 2012, 01:37 AM
My absolute seething hatred for the batshit insanely stupid design choice of not only having double tap to dodge, but also having it MANDATORY, can be only barely represented by a thousand lines of "I'm going to kill you, Sega".

Saying I hate it and that it drives me nuts is an understatement.

Chik'Tikka
Jul 13, 2012, 01:39 AM
My absolute seething hatred for the batshit insanely stupid design choice of not only having double tap to dodge, but also having it MANDATORY, can be only barely represented by a thousand lines of "I'm going to kill you, Sega".

Saying I hate it and that it drives me nuts is an understatement.

reading that made me think that it might be Sega's revenge against PC gamers for hacking the hell out of their once oh so beloved console games (PSO2 feels more like a console game anyway, i could swear they did initial coding for the 360 or ps3 and a quarter of the way through decided the PC route)+^_^+

Ranmaru
Jul 13, 2012, 01:48 AM
You sir are a genius. I don't know why I didn't think of remapping the stupid instant chat keys. I am a habitual mt person trying to say something to the party but sending crap in whisper to people i haven't talked to in hours...

Oh, and I forgot to mention. I was also motivated to change the R and F keys because I kept having problems with going into the Wep panel by accident when strafing.

I'm sure in an english game (rather international game aside from JP that has the english language in it's interface ;D ) you might have re-mapped your keys. If you were thinking with the same mindset as me, you might have feared re-mapping your keys and not being able to get a sense of what you mapped them to. Or you might not have ventured into the options menu yet. (Because of the language barrier, I only did so because I got tired of having to press 1 to go to nearby chat)

I just used the guide on bumped and it was simple to change. (They also replace the key you input, instead of unbinding it like LoL)

Miyoko
Jul 13, 2012, 02:14 AM
reading that made me think that it might be Sega's revenge against PC gamers for hacking the hell out of their once oh so beloved console games (PSO2 feels more like a console game anyway, i could swear they did initial coding for the 360 or ps3 and a quarter of the way through decided the PC route)+^_^+

PSO was being hacked long before it came anywhere near to PC, y'know.

Zalgadas
Jul 13, 2012, 02:16 AM
Eh, I don't mind it too much. I just get mad when I'm doing a charged shot and then dodge and waste it T_T...

Twigod
Jul 13, 2012, 02:42 AM
Thoroughly surprised by the fact that MOST are using gamepads. It's a PC game, PC's come with Mouse and Keyboard. What the what???

Darki
Jul 13, 2012, 03:55 AM
"Most people don't know that the Wiimote communicates with the Wii via a Bluetooth wireless link. The Bluetooth controller is a Broadcom 2042 chip, which is designed to be used with devices which follow the Bluetooth Human Interface Device (HID) standard, such as keyboards and mice. The Bluetooth HID is directly based upon the USB HID standard, and much of the same documentation applies."

http://dolphin-emulator.com/connect-wiimote.html ignore the Dolphin stuff after the guide (as that's only for Dolphin and won't work on anything else), you'll have to Google 3rd party programs to map controls i think, also Bluetooth can be a little touchy imo+^_^+ you better getting a 360 pad and holding it in your left hand with evade remapped to LB and using d-pad and LT for items+^_^+

I know the Wiimote can be connected to the computer via bluetooth, but sadly all programs I know of that could be used to emulate a gamepad in PSO2, our little pal Gameguard doesn't like much.

jooozek
Jul 13, 2012, 03:58 AM
Double tap causing evasive action and it being not disable-able is seriously bad design. I've been strafing furiously and getting into those accidental rolls plenty. Hopefully at some point they will wake up and add some option to disable that.

Shadownami92
Jul 13, 2012, 04:17 AM
I think what's more annoying is when I end up doing a dodge when I don't double tap, but hold down the run button and there is some lag. The lag I guess can interrupt the button press making the game think it's a double tap. It's cause me to lose a lot of PP from accidentally dodging while charging my techs and moving.

GrieverXVII
Jul 13, 2012, 12:05 PM
I think what's more annoying is when I end up doing a dodge when I don't double tap, but hold down the run button and there is some lag. The lag I guess can interrupt the button press making the game think it's a double tap. It's cause me to lose a lot of PP from accidentally dodging while charging my techs and moving.

Yessss! I forgot about this! Good mention.

Yexes
Jul 13, 2012, 12:25 PM

Lava does like 18 damage per second stop complaing. Not to mention it hurts in pulses you can avoid by jumping.

GrieverXVII
Jul 13, 2012, 12:30 PM
Lava does like 18 damage per second stop complaing. Not to mention it hurts in pulses you can avoid by jumping.

Lol i used lava as a humerous example... jeez :/