PDA

View Full Version : Guide Friend partner guide : Personality setting effect how A.I. will act.

Arika
Jul 12, 2012, 11:15 PM
When you are about to register your friend partner A.I. in visual phone, you will see menu like this :

http://img43.imageshack.us/img43/928/pso22012071121351231.jpg

Updated Guide : Partner A.I. build.

last time I made this guide based of information from wiki, however, this time, Degeki official guide book has better detail on it.

Partner Spec :
1. Level, Classes, and equipment will be the same as when you register him.
2. A.I. don't know how to change weapon pallet and sub pallet, so register it well.
3. Level of the character will be cap by either the level of owner or summoner.

Edit: Anyway, lastest patch on 11/7 seem to have secret update to partner A.I. too, as many has been reported that they could use weapon pallet that isn't on the main pallet now.

here are the list of personality trait set and the effect from it:

Character type :
(you can set personality that suit yourself, there will be no effect in performance)

Characteristic :
-朝型 = Day type : playing with this A.I. at pp day time, will increase its action rate.
-夜型 = Night type : playing with this A.I. at pp night time, will increase its action rate.
-晴れ好き = Like Sunny : playing with this A.I. on normal weather in the mission will increase its action rate.
-曇り好き = Like cloudy : playing with this A.I. on any weather that isn't normal in the mission will increase its action rate.
-大型狙い = Big aim : When fighting against big enemy or boss, this A.I. will have more action rate.
-小型狙い = Small aim : When fighting against big enemy or boss, this A.I. will have more action rate.
逆境好き = Love adversity = Increase action rate when HP is red
スロースターター = Slow starter = Increase action rate when certain amount of enemy have been killed.
さびしがり屋 = lonely = When more than 2 players are near by, action rate increase.
ダーカー狙い = Darker aim = When fighting against darker, this A.I. will have more action rate.
原生狙い = Native aim = When fighting against native, this A.I. will have more action rate.
メカ狙い = Mega aim = When fighting against robot, this A.I. will have more action rate.
龍族狙い = Dragon aim = When fighting against dragon, this A.I. will have more action rate.
ツンデレ = Tsudere = When you has certain amount of affinity with her, she will have more action rate.

Specialty :
起死回生 = revival = when died and revived, A.I. will buff with shifta/deband.
臨戦態勢 = battle planer = Has chance to buff with shifta, when encounter enemy.
徹底防御 = guardian = Has chance to buff with deband, when encounter enemy.
激昂 = enraged = When party member died, A.I. will buff with shifta/deband.
復活支援 = resurrection = When party member died, has chance to use moon atomaizer one time.
ヒューマン好き = like human = When party has human, has chance that A.I. will buff with shifta/deband.
キャスト好き = like cast = When party has cast, has chance that A.I. will buff with shifta/deband.
ニューマン好き = like newman = When party has newman, has chance that A.I. will buff with shifta/deband.
オトコ好き = like male = When party has guy, has chance that A.I. will buff with shifta/deband.
オンナ好き = like female = When party has girl, has chance that A.I. will buff with shifta/deband.
コンディションマスター = coordination master = When attack enemy, has chance to randomly inflict enemy with status effect.

Knowing this, I hope you guys can make A.I. base on what you like.

Phantasma
Jul 12, 2012, 11:16 PM
ですですです lol
good guide.

I set my character to aim for the big'uns

Metalsnake27
Jul 12, 2012, 11:17 PM
OH wow o-o

Don't even know what this function is but pretty cool.

Hosaka
ツンデレ = Tsudere = increase heal rate when your hp is red.

HNNNNNNNNNNNNGGGGGGGGGGGG

Peejay
I think specialty might relate to activity in relation to your own character.

Chacron
Jul 12, 2012, 11:18 PM
Tsudere? I-its not like I wanted to heal you or a-anything...

Garnet_Moon
Jul 12, 2012, 11:18 PM
I set mine for Tsudere and likes Females.

Arika
Jul 12, 2012, 11:21 PM
OH wow o-o

Don't even know what this function is but pretty cool.

This guide explain well about the friend partner basic set up : http://bumped.org/psublog/pso2-friend-partners/

Rowe
Jul 12, 2012, 11:22 PM
Ah, I had my second option set to "Loves adversity," and I was hoping it'd make him more responsive during Emergency Codes. I think I'm going to change it to aiming for the big targets instead...

Metalsnake27
Jul 12, 2012, 11:26 PM
This guide explain well about the friend partner basic set up : http://bumped.org/psublog/pso2-friend-partners/

Edit: NVM

Arika
Jul 12, 2012, 11:27 PM
So it's the same function from PSU where you invite NPCs into the party?

That is normal NPC, but this is players one. basically you call your friends to help you as A.I. instead of calling NPC.

Players A.I. are stronger, because of better equipment. and they also receive FUN point when many people use them.

FOnewearl-Lina
Jul 12, 2012, 11:29 PM
So Yandere must be something like.
ヤンデレ = Yandere = Stops healing when your HP goes into red, stands around waiting for you to die.

Metalsnake27
Jul 12, 2012, 11:31 PM
That is normal NPC, but this is players one. basically you call your friends to help you as A.I. instead of calling NPC.

Players A.I. are stronger, because of better equipment. and they also receive FUN point when many people use them.

Yeah I completly missed the first line of that guide lol

Hosaka
Jul 12, 2012, 11:31 PM
So Yandere must be something like.
ヤンデレ = Yandere = Stops healing when your HP goes into red, stands around waiting for you to die.

A good Yandere doesn't kill YOU, only the other girls who try to get close to you.

Or even look at you.

UnLucky
Jul 12, 2012, 11:32 PM
I set mine for Tsudere and likes Females.

this^

FOnewearl-Lina
Jul 12, 2012, 11:38 PM
A good Yandere doesn't kill YOU, only the other girls who try to get close to you.

Or even look at you.

The best yandere are the ones that end up getting so deranged they try to kill their love interest ^^ Like in the BAD END of School Days.

Characteristic:
アリカ - Arika (girl who loves ants) - Posts Guides in General and gets posts moved, Arika is good english.

Sigmund
Jul 12, 2012, 11:48 PM
Thanks, this is good to know. Maybe now I can create a Hunter A.I. that can actually be useful!

Heh, who am I kidding. ''OTL

Ogni-XR21
Jul 13, 2012, 11:05 AM
I know I set mine to revival and the one time I got to play with him he was healing more than I usually do (which means a lot). We never died though so I cannot say if he would have used a moon.

Clunker
Jul 13, 2012, 12:46 PM
Hm, does the "復活支援 = resurrection" Speciality make the A.I. "Moon" player characters as well? This means they could save you from a 'fail-grade' on your run...

Arika
Jul 13, 2012, 12:51 PM
Hm, does the "復活支援 = resurrection" Speciality make the A.I. "Moon" player characters as well? This means they could save you from a 'fail-grade' on your run...

Sadly no, which is why I wrote it like that. and specifically not says "players" or "you". I don't think they can moon owner even if you wait.

Arika
Nov 6, 2012, 11:06 PM
Updated Guide : Partner A.I. build.

last time I made this guide based of information from wiki, however, this time, Degeki official guide book has better detail on it.

Partner Spec :
1. Level, Classes, and equipment will be the same as when you register him.
2. A.I. don't know how to change weapon pallet and sub pallet, so register it well.
3. Level of the character will be cap by either the level of owner or summoner.

here are the list of personality trait set and the effect from it:

Character type :
(you can set personality that suit yourself, there will be no effect in performance)

Characteristic :
-朝型 = Day type : playing with this A.I. at pp day time, will increase its action rate.
-夜型 = Night type : playing with this A.I. at pp night time, will increase its action rate.
-晴れ好き = Like Sunny : playing with this A.I. on normal weather in the mission will increase its action rate.
-曇り好き = Like cloudy : playing with this A.I. on any weather that isn't normal in the mission will increase its action rate.
-大型狙い = Big aim : When fighting against big enemy or boss, this A.I. will have more action rate.
-小型狙い = Small aim : When fighting against big enemy or boss, this A.I. will have more action rate.
逆境好き = Love adversity = Increase action rate when HP is red
スロースターター = Slow starter = Increase action rate when certain amount of enemy have been killed.
さびしがり屋 = lonely = When more than 2 players are near by, action rate increase.
ダーカー狙い = Darker aim = When fighting against darker, this A.I. will have more action rate.
原生狙い = Native aim = When fighting against native, this A.I. will have more action rate.
メカ狙い = Mega aim = When fighting against robot, this A.I. will have more action rate.
龍族狙い = Dragon aim = When fighting against dragon, this A.I. will have more action rate.
ツンデレ = Tsudere = When you has certain amount of affinity with her, she will have more action rate.

Specialty :
起死回生 = revival = when died and revived, A.I. will buff with shifta/deband.
臨戦態勢 = battle planer = Has chance to buff with shifta, when encounter enemy.
徹底防御 = guardian = Has chance to buff with deband, when encounter enemy.
激昂 = enraged = When party member died, A.I. will buff with shifta/deband.
復活支援 = resurrection = When party member died, has chance to use moon atomaizer one time.
ヒューマン好き = like human = When party has human, has chance that A.I. will buff with shifta/deband.
キャスト好き = like cast = When party has cast, has chance that A.I. will buff with shifta/deband.
ニューマン好き = like newman = When party has newman, has chance that A.I. will buff with shifta/deband.
オトコ好き = like male = When party has guy, has chance that A.I. will buff with shifta/deband.
オンナ好き = like female = When party has girl, has chance that A.I. will buff with shifta/deband.
コンディションマスター = coordination master = When attack enemy, has chance to randomly inflict enemy with status effect.

IndigoNovember
Nov 6, 2012, 11:26 PM
Wow, those are very different effects from what was proposed before. Thanks for the info update.

Omega-z
Nov 6, 2012, 11:58 PM
Arika - you should add the Character type's too since it does effect the Character's placement and mood on the battlefield.

Arika
Nov 7, 2012, 12:22 AM
both wiki (since the previous update list before they changed according to this new change) and the guide book (that got data from sega) says Character type has no effect on A.I. performance, so I ll believe it.

moeri
Nov 7, 2012, 04:41 PM

What is this "affinity" ?

Arika
Nov 9, 2012, 09:39 PM
There wasn't any explain on affinity either, but generally I think the more you use her = the more affinity?

Anyway, lastest patch on 11/7 seem to have secret update to partner A.I. too, as many has been reported that they could use weapon pallet that isn't on the main pallet now.

Crystal_Shard
Nov 9, 2012, 10:56 PM
Arika, doesn't the first trait determine how activly your character will move? I seem to remember reading somewhere that the guide messed up by saying it has no effect at all. For example, something like the Sickly trait will cause your NPC to stay in the back and providing support, while something like Leadership will make them run into the thick of battle.

Arika
Nov 10, 2012, 05:14 AM
Arika, doesn't the first trait determine how activly your character will move? I seem to remember reading somewhere that the guide messed up by saying it has no effect at all. For example, something like the Sickly trait will cause your NPC to stay in the back and providing support, while something like Leadership will make them run into the thick of battle.

That was a guessing base on players, just like how I posted it at first using the guessing information before, and now I edited all to make it resemble official. At first, they also guess something like, Tsudere = heal more, and Rivial = use star amtonizer more often. Which is different than the guide. I' ll follow the guide on this one, since they didn't test it but just follow sega.

Acel
Nov 14, 2012, 03:27 AM
Actually the Dengeki PS2 PSO2 guide isnt THAT official imo. The guide has A LOT of missing information like eg. stats of the new weapons/units etc and especially the part about Friend Partner AI (yes I have the book too, so many pages yet such a small section on the topic!).

The character trait DOES make a WHOLE lot of difference to your AI behaviour. I have tested hundreds of hours on it and can swear by my findings. Or look at it this way, why would SEGA give you a first option that ABSOLUTELY DOES NOTHING? Have you seen HOW they listed it for each character trait? "Does not do anything" followed by "refer above" all the way down the list?!? Dont you think its more possible that they mentioned it this way because of the limited information they have obtained from SEGA and thus Dengeki PS2 magazine could not come out with the full information on time (for sale in time with the game update release date) and just simply make do with what they have?

To be fair, let's just test something:

First, we will pick a class weapon that is the "worst" in the game (because we dont want the AI to kill everything before we can observe anything do we?) and lets pick the Sword.

The Sword Hunter Friend partner AI is one of the "worst AI" in the game because IMO the weapon's normal attack are just too slow and other than Sonic Arrow(range) and Stun Concide(stun), everything else is easily interruptable. Worst of all, the AI will not dash or dash attack.

*Edited* For the PA, choose the non chargeable ones or your AI will be sitting duck! (no Rising Edge, Nova Strike etc)

Secondly, we pick the characteristics and specialty:

For the characteristics, we shall pick Slow Starter for testing sake because again we dont want the AI to go "all crazy" rightaway (although we can still prolly prove what I wanna show you).

For the specialty, we shall pick Revival or aka (100% come back to life only for the first time you die FYI) because we dont want to stay there and wait forever for the AI to come back alive when it dies.

Thirdly, we pick the location and difficulty.

For the evaluation purpose, I suggest Free Forest Exploration on Hard mode(the mobs do too little dmg on Normal and too much on VHard) the most ideal.

Now for the test itself:

Test A:
Other than the 2 fixed AI settings, pick 1 or 2 character traits that will easily/usually allow you to survive AT LEAST 3 U-dans (ウーダン) at once THE LONGEST and (maybe) killing them all WITHOUT DYING ONCE.

Here are some traits I have classified into similar groups(which I shall not name) for you to pick/observe.

命知らず
リーダーシップ
勇者気質
先輩肌

病弱
引っ込み思案
天真爛漫
ドジっこ

目立ちたがり
理知的
天然

OBSERVE how the character APPROACHES the enemy before and after getting hit and before hitting and after hitting the enemy.

Test B:
With the same weapon and settings, pick 1-2 traits that will kill TWO Agnis (アギニス) before you fall asleep. :P

(no hint this time)

To be cont'd... (when there are actual feedbacks)

Ps: If you have not personally try / test for yourself, how do you know if kittens taste like chicken? :P

Arika
Nov 14, 2012, 05:00 AM
Those degeki players are noob just like those party in Sakai, if you check it then the Degeki team master only level 39 in main class lol.

Do you think they find all the information themselves though? nope, I m pretty sure that they get information directly from SEGA, there are many information that it is impossible to get without asking sega directly in it. (common drop table of all, and drop table for all mob which was more accurate than wiki until level 40 etc). The NPC trait too, I don't think they find out about it by trying everything themselves, (even wiki had trouble on it) Pretty sure they just ask Sega, and I don't think Sega would lie to them.

Maronji
Nov 14, 2012, 05:13 AM
Do you think they find all the information themselves though? nope, I m pretty sure that they get information directly from SEGA, there are many information that it is impossible to get without asking sega directly in it. and why would SEGA lie to them?

If, using one personality (in this case, Innocent (as marked by the English Patch; aka 天真爛漫)), my FOnewearl's Partner Character almost religiously uses her Gunslash instead of her Rod (even forgoing the use of her Technics for the most part, even) and my lower level FOcaseal's Partner Character proves to be of more use, despite having worse gear, worse stats, and worse Technic levels/selection, then something is terribly wrong. I tested this with my brother, with their levels scaled down to his Caseal's Hunter/Force levels (he didn't get Ohza or Marlu already, so he finally went ahead and took care of that).

The moment I took my FOnewearl off Innocent and put her on--what was it--Sickly (病弱), she started, you know, actually doing her job. There's no way that the personality traits don't affect AI performance.

Arika
Nov 14, 2012, 05:35 AM
If, using one personality (in this case, Innocent (as marked by the English Patch; aka 天真爛漫)), my FOnewearl's Partner Character almost religiously uses her Gunslash instead of her Rod (even forgoing the use of her Technics for the most part, even) and my lower level FOcaseal's Partner Character proves to be of more use, despite having worse gear, worse stats, and worse Technic levels/selection, then something is terribly wrong. I tested this with my brother, with their levels scaled down to his Caseal's Hunter/Force levels (he didn't get Ohza or Marlu already, so he finally went ahead and took care of that).

The moment I took my FOnewearl off Innocent and put her on--what was it--Sickly (病弱), she started, you know, actually doing her job. There's no way that the personality traits don't affect AI performance.

A.I. can not change their weapon until recently patch on November, as I note it there on the post and also in the thread, that. So if there is anything relate to switching weapon, then it is not something that existed at the time when they public the book.

Acel
Nov 14, 2012, 10:38 AM
Actually there are MANY japanese PSO2 websites with newer information that the book does not contain. Just calling themselves PSO2 wiki, there are already several of them. Many are dead accurate.

Acel
Nov 14, 2012, 10:40 AM

Sickly I swear is really one of the best Character Traits ever and I absolutely need them on most of my important AI (healer role etc) to stay alive most of the time :P

lostinseganet
Nov 18, 2012, 11:28 AM
Yes I know henshin would be da bomb but another cool thing would be if they could talk like Siri on the Iphone could talk...to everyone.

Aslinng
May 23, 2013, 08:13 AM
Edit : I jus dicovered Cinorperdia and it answered my question.