PDA

View Full Version : newman vs cast force?

Kraiseson
Jul 13, 2012, 12:50 AM
Since i cannot create a new character.. Would of loved to make a newman fo, But I wonder.. is cast Fo worth it? I mean damage wise is there a big difference?

I dont much care if my fo doesnt die as easily, I'd like DPS and im assuming im losing some being a cast fo.
Dont feel like leveling the new class If im going to end up choosing a newman later on anyway.

So back to my question..

Will i notice a big difference in damage with techniques between a cast force and a newman force?

Sp-24
Jul 13, 2012, 12:53 AM
I haven't noticed much of a difference in damage output between Vita Rod and Vita Talis, and they have around 50 points difference, just like FOcast and FOnewearl.

TheszNuts
Jul 13, 2012, 12:57 AM
Probably too early at this stage of the game to really tell.

Kraiseson
Jul 13, 2012, 01:32 AM
50 points is the only difference?

How about when leveling? Do newmans scale tech dmg at a slightly higher rate?

It might start at 50, but what about 50 levels later? Still 50 difference?

Thanks tips.

Scrub
Jul 13, 2012, 01:33 AM
Honestly I wouldn't let stats get in the way of whatever character you think is coolest. Let's not fucking kid ourselves: PSO2 is not a game that is difficult enough to warrant sacrificing your character vision for stat min/maxing.

Vylera
Jul 13, 2012, 01:37 AM
The stat difference exists, but it's not that big.

If you want a perfect force, go newman.

The only thing you might want to be concerned about is that lower base tech stat means that you might have a harder time equiping cool rares, even if just for the looks.

Newman is the safest choice, but no one's going to kick you from a party for being a cast force.

Hell, I played a hunter to level 20 with no mag at all.

GoldenFalcon
Jul 13, 2012, 01:43 AM
Male Cast will have like 50 ish more HP at the loss of 50 ish T-atk
And your rod striking and gunslash usage is better

Sp-24
Jul 13, 2012, 01:43 AM
Stats do actually play a role. Every force can equip those 5* Beta Crosses except for Casts, who are lacking 6 points in T.Defense for them, even at level 40. HUmarl needs 74 extra T.Attack points to equip that super Talis, FOney needs 62, and Cast/Caseal needs 103. PSO has always been about equipping a cool rare, too, so paying attention to your stats is more important than it was in the previous PSO games.

Vylera
Jul 13, 2012, 01:58 AM
Stats do actually play a role. Every force can equip those 5* Beta Crosses except for Casts, who are lacking 6 points in T.Defense for them, even at level 40. HUmarl needs 74 extra T.Attack points to equip that super Talis, FOney needs 62, and Cast/Caseal needs 103. PSO has always been about equipping a cool rare, too, so paying attention to your stats is more important than it was in the previous PSO games.

I think that the partial problem with this is that we're stuck at level 40, while the other PS games aren't.

We need to reach the point where we aren't getting newer, stronger, more demanding items along with level cap increases, which should hopefully happen by the time we reach a little deeper into (supposedly) ultimate mode.

Also, mags and skill trees can make up for discrepancies.

Mega Ultra Chicken
Jul 13, 2012, 02:04 AM
The real bonus of playing a FOcast: They're spell-casting robots.

LeynasMoon
Jul 13, 2012, 02:15 AM
Don't forget that there are Force skill tree bonuses to exploit, Tech Atk Up 1 and 2, so that your character can equip more powerful gear earlier.

It'd be nice if there was an obviously nice reason to play as a FOcast/caseal. Nothing to make them overly powerful, but some little bonus that other race/class combos couldn't have. Kind of like how Demi/Furena the android had Abilities in Phantasy Star IV that gave healing to everybody else in the party during battle.

Sp-24
Jul 13, 2012, 02:19 AM
I think that the partial problem with this is that we're stuck at level 40, while the other PS games aren't.

We need to reach the point where we aren't getting newer, stronger, more demanding items along with level cap increases, which should hopefully happen by the time we reach a little deeper into (supposedly) ultimate mode.

The problem is that PSO2 is an online game that relies on new content to continue its existence. With no PvP, the only things that can keep players interested is new content - areas, events, level caps and, last but most definitely not the least, items. However, you don't pay subscription. On the other hand, Sega makes money off Mags and Skill Tree Reset Tickets. So I doubt we'll ever stop getting new stuff that requires you to carefully plan your stats or buy a Mag Reset Ticked for $6.5.

Also, mags and skill trees can make up for discrepancies.

You need to know about those discrepancies in the first place, and spreading such information on a site where people can get offended at the thought of imaginary races being anything less than equal at everything can prove problematic. Already has for me, actually.

Ana-Chan
Jul 13, 2012, 02:38 AM
You need to know about those discrepancies in the first place, and spreading such information on a site where people can get offended at the thought of imaginary races being anything less than equal at everything can prove problematic. Already has for me, actually.

CAST supremacy anyone?

Mega Ultra Chicken
Jul 13, 2012, 02:41 AM
You need to know about those discrepancies in the first place, and spreading such information on a site where people can get offended at the thought of imaginary races being anything less than equal at everything can prove problematic. Already has for me, actually. It is true that the stat differences exist, but a certain machinima about Newmen kinda ruined typecasting them as techers for me.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oyCTwhqup94

Sp-24
Jul 13, 2012, 02:44 AM
CAST supremacy anyone?

It's "FOcast Worker's Party" these days. They've been hit rather hard, with low T.Attack and nothing to make up for it other than HP.

Belated EDIT: And to add, it's not like I think that certain races should stick to certain classes, but if you chose a wrong race/class combination, you need to pay a lot more attention to your stats than, say, a FOney or HUcast player needs to. With only one free Mag and one skill tree for each class, it's not that easy, either.

GoldenFalcon
Jul 13, 2012, 02:58 AM
It's "FOcast Worker's Party" these days. They've been hit rather hard, with low T.Attack and nothing to make up for it other than HP.

Male Humans are comparable, just straight better than Male Cast
But that isn't saying much.

Vylera
Jul 13, 2012, 02:59 AM

At the very least, the option exists now for people who aren't stat whores.

<- Admits to being a stat whore, hence RaCaseal as main.

Zorafim
Jul 13, 2012, 03:15 AM
Don't forget that there are Force skill tree bonuses to exploit, Tech Atk Up 1 and 2, so that your character can equip more powerful gear earlier.

It'd be nice if there was an obviously nice reason to play as a FOcast/caseal. Nothing to make them overly powerful, but some little bonus that other race/class combos couldn't have. Kind of like how Demi/Furena the android had Abilities in Phantasy Star IV that gave healing to everybody else in the party during battle.

I've always wanted casts to have more powerful attacks, while newmans had faster attacks. Especially if newmans got bonuses with lighter weapons, and casts with bigger ones.

It is true that the stat differences exist, but a certain machinima about Newmen kinda ruined typecasting them as techers for me.This (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oyCTwhqup94)

[spoiler-box]http://i17.photobucket.com/albums/b77/Zorafin/SNES%20junk/P-STAR4003.jpg[/spoiler-box]

That's all I have to say on the matter.

Macman
Jul 13, 2012, 03:20 AM
Oh Rika, if only claws in PS games were as good as you made them out to be...