PDA

View Full Version : Drop rates?

Natsuma
Jul 13, 2012, 03:14 AM
Hello there!

I always wondered how were found the exact drop rates on PSO/PSO BB?
Do you think we will ever get the drop rates on PSO 2?

It's a really valuable information, which I was using rather often for PSO, I'm kinda missing it on PSO 2 to be honest :-)

Thanks for your future answers.

Macman
Jul 13, 2012, 03:15 AM
Rates were probably found by digging in PSOGC's actual code. PSOBB had no accurate droprates reported in episode 4, but used the same rates as GC in 1 and 2.

The fact that PSO2's drop system is handled entirely by the server, may mean we'll never have fully accurate drop odds documented unless Sega themselves share the information.

Natsuma
Jul 13, 2012, 03:41 AM
Aww that sucks, thanks for the answer anyway

jooozek
Jul 13, 2012, 03:44 AM
You can't see the exact drop rates but you can see the amount of each (rarer) item that dropped in missions by selecting the third, then the first option when selecting a mission.

Macman
Jul 13, 2012, 04:08 AM
^That's within the last 7 days, right?

I wonder if that's throughout the entire game, or only counted on the ship you are playing on...

RocSage
Jul 13, 2012, 04:13 AM
Play mission.
Count MOBs and boxes
Look at lists of drops
Figure out their percentages
Divide those percentages into how many MOBs and boxes there are in a map.
You now have a rough estimate of drop rates.

doing this. You can see that some items are abysmally low ^.^

jooozek
Jul 13, 2012, 04:19 AM
Yes, last 7 days apparently and just compared Ship 8 and 2 drop rates for the first mission (Subdue Za Oodan) and they were the same on both so the tables are apparently shared.

Natsuma
Jul 13, 2012, 06:59 AM
Play mission.
Count MOBs and boxes
Look at lists of drops
Figure out their percentages
Divide those percentages into how many MOBs and boxes there are in a map.
You now have a rough estimate of drop rates.

doing this. You can see that some items are abysmally low ^.^

I don't think we can use that since way more mobs will pop in a 2 hour grinding party than a 15 min rush mission :-)

RocSage
Jul 13, 2012, 09:28 AM
I don't think we can use that since way more mobs will pop in a 2 hour grinding party than a 15 min rush mission :-)

True as far as multiparty areas are concerned, but not of regular areas. Forest 2 for example has about 39 MOBs. But that is just a general count because code things have continuous spawns and all like that.