PDA

View Full Version : JP PSO2 7/13 Official Blog: Caps, Recompensations, ToS Update, etc

Mike
Jul 13, 2012, 03:35 AM
The official blog (http://ameblo.jp/sega-psblog/entry-11301418021.html) was updated today with some news about recent goings-on and few other things.

First off, something that will make some people happy, character caps should coming off servers next week. This means that you'll be able to create new characters on the ship you want come next week. Transfers are still not an option though so if you already have a character somewhere and want to change ships, you'll have to delete that character.

Next, because there have been so many maintenances going on, Sega is thinking of recompensating those who have purchased 30 days or more of one of the various AC items. There's no details on it yet.

On the cheating that happened yesterday, Sakai assures us that the problems just affect NPC positions and there was no accessing of private information or server data. However, because of the mess it caused, a new term was added to the ToS stating that information relating to cheats, hacks, and other such incidents not be made public but reported to Sega through the report form.

The blog also goes in to detail on a few things we already know about. Next week's update (http://www.pso-world.com/forums/showthread.php?t=197939), PSP2i soundtrack with PSO2 bonus items (http://www.pso-world.com/forums/showthread.php?t=198014), and the boxed edition coming out in September (http://www.pso-world.com/forums/showthread.php?t=196932).

And of course, something on the next scratch (after the festival one):

http://www.pso-world.com/forums/picture.php?albumid=1923&pictureid=29397

Zorafim
Jul 13, 2012, 03:43 AM
Well that didn't take long.

Those are amazingly skimpy.

BIG OLAF
Jul 13, 2012, 03:44 AM
I.

Well.

FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF

Zorafim
Jul 13, 2012, 03:45 AM
That didn't take as long as I expected either.

Scrub
Jul 13, 2012, 03:46 AM
I'd usually be all about some bikinis but you know people are going to wear them on their little loli characters for the rest of the game's lifetime so I cannot give it the thumbs up sorry.

jooozek
Jul 13, 2012, 03:47 AM
Those are amazingly skimpy.

Not skimpy enough, honestly :-(

Ryo
I'm just really hoping we don't have to endure dudes in speedos.

Sp-24
7/13 Official Blog: Caps, Recompensations, ToS Update, etc

Where? And, since I'm too lazy to look, any word on IP ban already?

Xaeris
Jul 13, 2012, 03:48 AM
ALL OF MY MONEY, TAKE IT.

Rika-chan
Jul 13, 2012, 03:48 AM
people are going to wear them on their little loli characters for the rest of the game's lifetime
I won't D: I probably won't even get a bikini.

Ana-Chan
Jul 13, 2012, 03:50 AM

No IP ban, it was just stuff related to cheating.

Macman
Jul 13, 2012, 03:50 AM
Welp.

Here comes the lobby fappers and cybersex spam.

Mike
Jul 13, 2012, 03:53 AM
The addition is simply this:

本サービスにおいてバグその他の不具合を発見した場合には、これを他のお客様に通知、公表等せず、別途弊社 が指定する連絡先にご連絡ください。」
Don't make any bugs or other problems (this includes cheating and hacking) public but instead report them via official channels.

Joe Friday
Jul 13, 2012, 03:54 AM
Now I'm wondering if those bikinis will make it past American censors for the US/EU PSO2...

Blood? Sure. Guns? AW YEAH.

Half-naked women? OH MY GOD, COVER THEM UP, THINK OF THE CHILDREN.

:P

Enforcer MKV
Jul 13, 2012, 03:55 AM
Now I'm wondering if those bikinis will make it past American censors for the US/EU PSO2...

Seriously. Welp, about 90% of my partner NPCs became less likely to be used after those come out.. XD

BIG OLAF
Jul 13, 2012, 03:58 AM
Seriously. Welp, about 90% of my partner NPCs became less likely to be used after those come out.. XD

I'll keep Nassie clothed on her partner card just for you. I wouldn't want some imitation walking around like that, anyway.

Gotta see the real deal, or nothin'!

Enforcer MKV
Jul 13, 2012, 04:02 AM
I'll keep Nassie clothed on her partner card just for you. I wouldn't want some imitation walking around like that, anyway.

Gotta see the real deal, or nothin'!

hahaha, no, no. Cloth them however you like. :-P

I wouldn't want to get in your way of enjoying the game. :D

youcantcatchtheblue
Jul 13, 2012, 04:03 AM
Just in time for summer ^^

I wonder if Caseals are water-proof ^^;
Of course they are.

Zorafim
Jul 13, 2012, 04:23 AM
Well I can say for certain mine is. That's kind of cheating, though.

CelestialBlade
Jul 13, 2012, 04:26 AM
OMG GIVE COCONA THAT YELLOW ONE @_@;;

I'm really, really hoping that it actually overrides the undershorts option for "skin paint" or that's going to look freaking stupid. I use that solely so I can use the HUney outfit, haha.

BIG OLAF
Jul 13, 2012, 04:34 AM
OMG GIVE COCONA THAT YELLOW ONE @_@;;

I'm really, really hoping that it actually overrides the undershorts option for "skin paint" or that's going to look freaking stupid. I use that solely so I can use the HUney outfit, haha.

Except the tattoos. Oh man, the tattoos with the bikini is gonna be HNNGH.

AlMcFly
Jul 13, 2012, 04:36 AM

This was my first thought as well O.o

CelestialBlade
Jul 13, 2012, 04:37 AM
Banana hammocks are going to be great. I hope someone makes a sumo wrestler.

Enforcer MKV
Jul 13, 2012, 04:39 AM

GAAAAAAAAAAAAAH! NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! *dives into the Campship with the party locked. D:*

Coatl
Jul 13, 2012, 04:46 AM

[SPOILER-BOX]http://www.deviantart.com/download/141537073/Head_desk___Forkke_by_NeoSlashott.gif
[/SPOILER-BOX]

CelestialBlade
Jul 13, 2012, 04:47 AM
Proving once again that bikinis are fine but banana hammocks are Satan somehow :wacko:

Come on now, all humans/polygons have beauty!

soulpimpwizzurd
Jul 13, 2012, 04:48 AM
whelp better start saving mesetas so i can get the color i want. i'm surprised they waited this long to release bikini clothing

it's just about all anybody wears once they come out

oh wait i just calmed my own surprise with logical thought

Enforcer MKV
Jul 13, 2012, 04:49 AM
Proving once again that bikinis are fine but banana hammocks are Satan somehow :wacko:

No, fat people of either gender shouldn't be in those things. Juuust saying. :lol:

Coatl
Jul 13, 2012, 04:52 AM

If Sega thinks us casts are beautiful why can't we wear skimpy beach suits? :c
I don't mind the other outfits we are getting though. They aren't along the same lines of the skimpy generic swim suits, but they are cool and dynamic enough to forget that.

Xaeris
Jul 13, 2012, 05:01 AM
All right, now that I'm thinking more clearly, I can respond more coherently. It's cool that they're considering compensating premium purchasers for the downtime. I wasn't particularly inconvenienced (enough to to be mildly frustrated, but I never felt ripped off), but it's a nice thought on their part. I imagine they'll just credit the time to the expiration date.

I can't wait to see the massive difference in the prices of male and female swimsuits. I got my money on males going for four figures and girls going for upper six.

jmanx
Jul 13, 2012, 05:16 AM
http://i280.photobucket.com/albums/kk168/jmanx13/Phantasy_Star_Portable_2/JMan_PSP2_50.png

IM SO READY FOR DIS
LEOPARD SKINS CONFIRMED!?

Gardios
Jul 13, 2012, 06:29 AM
I'll be disappointed if we don't get speedos for males. If they fail to dress up the girls, then I want the guys to be skimpy, too! Scratch the reasoning, I just want some speedos.

TetsuyaHikari
Jul 13, 2012, 06:34 AM
Looking forward more to the yukata instead of the bikini, honestly. Showing off my main in a bikini would be way too embarrassing, especially given her personality. It was hard enough making the change for the wedding dress. Androgynous girls and bikinis really... don't mix well, hahaha.

It can just lead to some dude getting punched in the face for looking where he shouldn't be.

Ce'Nedra
Jul 13, 2012, 06:34 AM
MUST HAVE ORANGE BIKINI *starts saving up meseta*

Keiko_Seisha
Jul 13, 2012, 06:48 AM
Bikinis? Oh my.

Might as well try to get one for Keiko.

Polly
Jul 13, 2012, 06:51 AM
Ick. Things just look nasty to me, but hey whatever floats your pickle I guess.

Not enough spikes for me.

Aeris
Jul 13, 2012, 07:18 AM
Well that was sooner than expected, might as well get Aki's outfit and probably that, but i will have Aki's costume on mostly.

Revlis-Desilver
Jul 13, 2012, 07:35 AM
I think the bikinis should make you have less HP lol, I mean there isn't much in the way of protection.

CelestialBlade
Jul 13, 2012, 08:23 AM
Ick. Things just look nasty to me, but hey whatever floats your pickle I guess.

Not enough spikes for me.
Bikini armor with giant spikes. Add on pauldrons with rows of spikes too. Sandals with spikes on the end.

I'm there.

iwerkout
Jul 13, 2012, 08:24 AM
Screw the bikinis, I WANT AN INFLATABLE POOL! :O

jmanx
Jul 13, 2012, 08:46 AM
Looking forward more to the yukata instead of the bikini, honestly. Showing off my main in a bikini would be way too embarrassing, especially given her personality. It was hard enough making the change for the wedding dress. Androgynous girls and bikinis really... don't mix well, hahaha.

It can just lead to some dude getting punched in the face for looking where he shouldn't be.

I can see you now. Taking your hands and constantly cover your character on the computer screen while sayin "NO DONT LOOK DESU".

BogusKun
Jul 13, 2012, 08:48 AM
Why did people think I was lying about the Tuxedo, Bikini, Yukata...? It's like SEGA really loves my ideas, or they just fugging love my ideas :)

Metalsnake27
Jul 13, 2012, 08:57 AM
Yay for cap removal :D

I guess I'll just mess around with this character and just wait.

Cyclon
Jul 13, 2012, 08:59 AM
That was fast:o
They probably should have waited a little bit more(this is basically the kind of things that can make people interested in the game again with little to no effort required from the devs), but meh.
Probably won't be buying one for my main though. Doesn't really fit her character to me. Or maybe I will.
...Who am I kidding, I definitely will.

Ps: I will have to avoid the screenshot thread for a while when these come out though(^_^')

NoiseHERO
Jul 13, 2012, 09:00 AM
Knew bikini's would come out in under a month. 8D

Not sure if I find it funny or annoying though. The lolis in wedding dresses everywhere already gave me a few cringes...

xBladeM6x
Jul 13, 2012, 09:06 AM
I.

Well.

Oh Lord, here we go. :nono:

Galerianx
Jul 13, 2012, 09:22 AM
women in bikini's on pso2 in the lobbies dancing and singing this

[SPOILER-BOX]
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6AwXKJoKJz4"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6AwXKJoKJz4[/SPOILER-BOX]

LOL

Rauten
Jul 13, 2012, 09:25 AM
Oh joy. Bikinis. Yet another move from SEGA to ensure I'll never pay a dime for anything in PSO2. Ugh.

NoiseHERO
Jul 13, 2012, 09:27 AM
Oh joy. Bikinis. Yet another move from SEGA to ensure I'll never pay a dime for anything in PSO2. Ugh.

AH haaa!

You take videogames seriously...!

TetsuyaHikari
Jul 13, 2012, 09:27 AM
I can see you now. Taking your hands and constantly cover your character on the computer screen while sayin "NO DONT LOOK DESU".

Noooo, lol. I wouldn't do that. Even if I did, I certainly wouldn't say something as weeaboo-ish as, "NO DON'T LOOK DESU", haha. It would be more like:

私を見ないで下さい。 (Watashi wo minaide kudasai.)

But even that is quite polite, given the circumstance. I'm just a polite person though... but I still don't want guys sneaking peeks at my girl (´Д`)

Polly
Jul 13, 2012, 09:28 AM
Knew bikini's would come out in under a month. 8D

Not sure if I find it funny or annoying though. The lolis in wedding dresses everywhere already gave me a few cringes...

They just want to marry you, Onii-chan! ^_____^

TetsuyaHikari
Jul 13, 2012, 09:29 AM
They just want to marry you, Onii-chan! ^_____^

>wedding dresses already released
>sees bikinis
>talks about marriage

Wait a minute -_-

Zyrusticae
Jul 13, 2012, 09:30 AM
I'd usually be all about some bikinis but you know people are going to wear them on their little loli characters for the rest of the game's lifetime so I cannot give it the thumbs up sorry.
Well, so far it's the only outfit with full midriff exposure, so unfortunately you're just gonna hafta deal. ;-)

...As soon as they release an actual decent outfit with midriff exposure, however, that's all I'll ever use (on Teranu, that is - Aiza's too classy for that).

AH haaa!

No kidding, eh?

Polly
Jul 13, 2012, 09:31 AM
I hope we get some stylish, cozy, and bundled-up warm winter coats to balance it out. ;D

NoiseHERO
Jul 13, 2012, 09:31 AM
>wedding dresses already released
>sees bikinis
>talks about marriage

Wait a minute -_-

He's talking about my comment on the wedding dress in general. and a joking about what a loli would say.

u dum

MissMalice
Jul 13, 2012, 09:32 AM
I hope we get some stylish, cozy, and bundled-up warm winter coats to balance it out. ;D

NOPE.

http://images11.yandy.com/Products/94-2017-3201.jpg

TetsuyaHikari
Jul 13, 2012, 09:33 AM
Well, so far it's the only outfit with full midriff exposure, so unfortunately you're just gonna hafta deal. ;-)

...As soon as they release an actual decent outfit with midriff exposure, however, that's all I'll ever use (on Teranu, that is - Aiza's too classy for that).

Incoming maid outfit next~! Well, that's what I'd put my meseta on anyway. Hell, we've already got the headband for it.

Maybe we can have the the first floor in the lobby where you get deband/HP increase/random/etc. drinks turned into a MEIDO CAFE

( ̄ー ̄)

EDIT:
u dum

I'm a CAST. I'm only as smart as my software permits me to be. What's your excuse?

=3=

Rauten
Jul 13, 2012, 09:35 AM
AH haaa!

Ever heard of "suspension of disbelief"? Well this kinda crap takes a big fat dump all over mine.

NoiseHERO
Jul 13, 2012, 09:36 AM
yukatas

maid outfit

priestess outfit

schoolgirl outfit

school bathingsuit outfit

I like how they made the mostly serious PSO influenced outfits. Then the Outfits the NPCs wear. Then just jumped straight into "fun time" outfits.

/shrugs as long the male versions don't "suffer" like the girl's. The banana hammock can stay though. Because it's hilarious.

Polly
Jul 13, 2012, 09:36 AM
NOPE.

http://images11.yandy.com/Products/94-2017-3201.jpg

This will not do. I can not don spiked units all over my body and look the least bit intimidating in something so....blorf....

Oh, right, that's not their idea to begin with. :\ But seriously a nice, long, and fluffy coat would be pretty rad!

NoiseHERO
Jul 13, 2012, 09:37 AM
This will not do. I can not don spiked units all over my body and look the least bit intimidating in something so....blorf....

Oh, right, that's not their idea to begin with. :\ But seriously a nice, long, and fluffy coat would be pretty rad!

You can hide units. D:

Polly
Jul 13, 2012, 09:38 AM
You can hide units. D:

Why would I hide my units when they look positively bad ass. I am a walking wall of spikes and I love every single second of it.

iwerkout
Jul 13, 2012, 09:38 AM
yukatas

maid outfit

priestess outfit

schoolgirl outfit

school bathingsuit outfit

I like how they made the mostly serious PSO influenced outfits. Then the Outfits the NPCs wear. Then just jumped straight into "fun time" outfits.

/shrugs as long the male versions don't "suffer" like the girl's. The banana hammock can stay though. Because it's hilarious.

Wonder if were going to get some fan Anime outfits as well again.
I'm usually all for originality, but dangnabit I wanna kill things as Miku Hatsune again!
Black Rock Shooter anyone? ^^

Aeris
Jul 13, 2012, 09:40 AM

Where you gonna put that at, in the My Room xD? I remember the rooms on PSU which one had a pool area you can't even access though the beach area map was very nice.

I.

Well.

Lol that reaction, i know how it is when you're thinking about it xD.

MissMalice
Jul 13, 2012, 09:41 AM
You can hide units. D:

YOU CAN!? TELL ME HOW, OH WIZARD OF PSO2 KNOWLEDGE.

iwerkout
Jul 13, 2012, 09:42 AM
Where you gonna put that at, in the My Room xD? I remember the rooms on PSU which one had a pool area you can't even access though the beach area map was very nice.

I will fill my room.... with little pools.... YES! >:D

http://pso2blog.wordpress.com/how-to-hide-units/

Rauten
Jul 13, 2012, 09:43 AM

Hit Escape, First button, First button again, go to the unit tab, click on the unit, and I think it was... 3rd? 4th button?

Why the hell do I remember this in such detail when it's been almost three weeks since I last played?

TetsuyaHikari
Jul 13, 2012, 09:44 AM
As long as my main isn't left out from choosing these costumes, it's all good. Yeah, I'm not going to buy a bikini, but I would rather they give me the option than not at all. I hate not being able to wear something simply because I chose to be a CAST :/

Aeris
Jul 13, 2012, 09:45 AM
Go into inv, click on the armor unit, click the 3rd option from top, no unit on display on you.

iwerkout
Jul 13, 2012, 09:45 AM
As long as my main isn't left out from choosing these costumes, it's all good. Yeah, I'm not going to buy a bikini, but I would rather they give me the option than not at all. I hate not being able to wear something simply because I chose to be a CAST :/

Then why you wear a wedding dress?

:wacko:

NoiseHERO
Jul 13, 2012, 09:46 AM
Ya'll info giving kill-stealers! : O

PSOW: THE KNOWLEDGE IN USELESS THINGS ONLINE FORUM GAME!

Also I hate Vocaloid, that one would set me off... But I can imagine them doing it anyway...

Rauten
Jul 13, 2012, 09:48 AM
Ya'll info giving kill-stealers! : O

PSOW: THE KNOWLEDGE IN USELESS THINGS ONLINE FORUM GAME!

Also I hate Vocaloid, that one would set me off... But I can imagine them doing it anyway...

Well, they're releasing a new Hats-painintheass-une Miku game for the... Vita, I think? this summer, so they could very well try to do a cross promotion, something like "buy the Miku game and get a code for an ingame Hatsune Miku dress!" or some such shit.

iwerkout
Jul 13, 2012, 10:04 AM

Obviously you don't much about Japan do you? (Jk ^^)
Besides, tell me the difference between a computerized voice and an auto-tuned singer? X3

Well, they're releasing a new Hats-painintheass-une Miku game for the... Vita, I think? this summer, so they could very well try to do a cross promotion, something like "buy the Miku game and get a code for an ingame Hatsune Miku dress!" or some such shit.

Well I'd totally be on that! Not that it needed a bonus for me to get it anyway. X3
The Vocaloid games are just rhythm games so nothing to complicated about them to me lol.

NoiseHERO
Jul 13, 2012, 10:09 AM
Obviously you don't much about Japan do you? (Jk ^^)
Besides, tell me the difference between a computerized voice and an auto-tuned singer? X3

Well I'd totally be on that! Not that it needed a bonus for me to get it anyway. X3
The Vocaloid games are just rhythm games so nothing to complicated about them to me lol.

I used to love Japanese stuff, then they became modern Japanese stuff and I got tired of seeing it... ]:

/Still likes and draws in the anime artstyle no matter what though

Their non-pop-culture stuff is still cool!

DemonMike
Jul 13, 2012, 10:11 AM
Re-compensation eh? =3

Metalsnake27
Jul 13, 2012, 10:14 AM
Do they have an exact date for the server cap removal? Or is it just "Next Week"

I'm guessing after the update?

NoiseHERO
Jul 13, 2012, 10:15 AM
Do they have an exact date for the server cap removal? Or is it just "Next Week"

I'm guessing after the update?

With the next update in mind, I'd assume wednesday.

I wanna hurry up and make my Force. e_e

TetsuyaHikari
Jul 13, 2012, 10:23 AM
Then why you wear a wedding dress?

:wacko:

Wait... what does this have to do with anything? Lol. I'm glad I have the option to wear the wedding dress. I was just saying that, despite not liking the bikini, I would rather have the option to wear it than not be able to due to my race.

I've got my main in a wedding dress right now simply because I want her to wear one at the moment. I'll probably switch her back to her usual attire or something similar once the new female CAST parts come out on the 18th.

r00tabaga
Jul 13, 2012, 10:23 AM
Seperated servers...check
Bikinis & male thongs...check
They really should've just called it PSU2. I might just pass on this game when it comes out next year. I'm straight on 90% of the lobby being naked in my Phantasy Star.

Good thing Ragnarok Odyssey is next month.

Keyblade59
Jul 13, 2012, 11:11 AM
I seriously can't find all these things, first I spent it all on house items, then I spent it on 3000R and to grind it to +9, now I'm trying to get enough for whatever wedding dress is cheaper, now I have a bikini outfit that will obviously be in the 1mil meseta range, maybe higher

Ce'Nedra
Jul 13, 2012, 12:03 PM
Black Rock Shooter anyone? ^^

Oh yes gib D; Needs hairstyle as well though D;

Wonder what we well get on level of pervertness though...PSP2 had Magical Princess...Infinty had that nipple clip/thong outfit (Dunno the name)...what's next? Full nude mod?

Zorafim
Jul 13, 2012, 01:23 PM
Full nude is less perverted than what we've seen on the PSP games. My vote goes to tentacles.

Blackheart521
Jul 13, 2012, 01:37 PM
SWIM TRUNKS FOR GUYS BETTER BE THERE TOO! Red and Black if possible ^^

Griffin
Jul 13, 2012, 01:38 PM
I.

Well.

Got your wish.

NoiseHERO
Jul 13, 2012, 01:38 PM
SWIM TRUNKS FOR GUYS BETTER BE THERE TOO! Red and Black if possible ^^

Nope,

Banana Hammock.

Ric deserves it!

Halcyote
Jul 13, 2012, 01:39 PM
yeah let's get most of the cheesecake outfits out of the way so we can hopefully get some cool ones later down the road.

Mega Ultra Chicken
Jul 13, 2012, 01:46 PM
I'd usually be all about some bikinis but you know people are going to wear them on their little loli characters for the rest of the game's lifetime so I cannot give it the thumbs up sorry.I dunno... In some ways, showing less skin can actually be skimpier than showing more skin. Look up Zettai Ryouiki for an example.

I just hope guys don't get huge, baggy swimsuits. Swimsuits like the first batch from AotI would be fine. Mankinis would be crazy awesome... although Mazarin probably shouldn't wear something like that, lest he ends up sending people to jail.

Also, I want an inner tube... as a weapon. I think Maplestory is the only game so far that has weaponized inner tubes. I'd also probably go hunting for that pool, but I won't get to enjoy it until I unlock my room.

buri-chan
Jul 13, 2012, 02:07 PM
Phantasy Sluts Online 2

Chik'Tikka
Jul 13, 2012, 02:23 PM
+^_^+ hmm, must get blue one, just in case beaches or water pops up soon+^_^+

Finalzone
Jul 13, 2012, 02:28 PM

Nah, I don't think so. PC/PS2 PSU still had bikini and those. As long the game has PG-13 rating, that should be okay.

Mega Ultra Chicken
Jul 13, 2012, 02:43 PM
Nah, I don't think so. PC/PS2 PSU still had bikini and those. As long the game has PG-13 rating, that should be okay.

Besides, female characters in western RPGs are pretty scantily-clad as well. Why would there be arbitrary censorship of a bikini with people like Alexstrasza('s human form) running around?

buri-chan
Jul 13, 2012, 03:41 PM
And we can handwave fighting monsters in skimpy outfits because magic space future science. Fur bikinis on western girls still don't make sense.

iwerkout
Jul 13, 2012, 04:43 PM
I have a question.

Since when have video games been true to real life?
Hell, why SHOULD they be?

You want real life "entertainment" go play soccer. XD

Aeris
Jul 13, 2012, 04:57 PM
+^_^+ hmm, must get blue one, just in case beaches or water pops up soon+^_^+

Pretty much if they do put a area like that in the game, whould be nice though.

NoiseHERO
Jul 13, 2012, 05:02 PM
immersion and realism, versus the argument against the assumption that random things can't have immersion, versus women just have slutty clothes and revived online forum arguments!

People have wasted their time whining about this since SEGA bought the PSO2 name. No matter what you think or complain about WE'RE HAVIN' BIKINIS AND STUPID OUTFITS LIKE PSU!

jmanx
Jul 13, 2012, 05:24 PM
I have a question.

Yes I didn't get into gaming becuz it was realen

I'll be disappointed if we don't get speedos for males. If they fail to dress up the girls, then I want the guys to be skimpy, too! Scratch the reasoning, I just want some speedos.

Sir, I like the cut of your jib.

r00tabaga
Jul 13, 2012, 10:03 PM
I have a question.

I like a hint of realism in my gaming. Watching girls in bikinis fighting along side me? I think I'll pass.

Zyrusticae
Jul 13, 2012, 10:06 PM
I like a hint of realism in my gaming.
>Realism

>Game with laser swords, giant launchers, no friendly fire, little people fighting giant monsters, invisible energy shields protecting said little people, slab-like weapons larger than the wielder, crazy off-the-wall attacks including an attack that USES YOUR SPEAR AS A DRILL

>Oh, and magic

>REALISM!

...Yeah, I think I'll pass on that. :-?

Dabian
Jul 13, 2012, 10:12 PM
I like a hint of realism in my gaming. Watching girls in bikinis fighting along side me? I think I'll pass.

I like a hint of realism in my automobile show....hey why are these bunny girl-like ladies leaning on the car and spoiling my photos?

Dan Maku
Jul 13, 2012, 10:16 PM

Then go play Heavy Rain and let us kill dragons with lightsabres and BFGs in peace

Enforcer MKV
Jul 13, 2012, 10:36 PM

Well, since everyone is enjoying jumping on the bashing bandwagon, I'll go ahead and agree with you. Plus.....I actually agree with you. I'd prefer not having everyone I party with be in a skimpy little bikini, it just gets old after a while, and it's not even that novel.

That being said, if they put in the time and effort to earn the money, find the version they want, and buy it, they have the right to keep it, and use it, whether you like it or not. Just because we don't think it's cute, or novel, or whatever, doesn't mean they agree with us. They don't want real, they don't want practical, they want cutesy and sexy and all this other stuff. *shrugs*

At least I can stomp around in my Heavy Mecha RAcast and still look like a badass.

sugarFO
Jul 13, 2012, 10:48 PM
All this junk about realism is why Western games all have ugly characters and clothes. There's a reason I'm drawn towards Korean and Japanese games more: it's just prettier to look at.

r00tabaga
Jul 13, 2012, 11:02 PM
>Realism

>Game with laser swords, giant launchers, no friendly fire, little people fighting giant monsters, invisible energy shields protecting said little people, slab-like weapons larger than the wielder, crazy off-the-wall attacks including an attack that USES YOUR SPEAR AS A DRILL

>Oh, and magic

>REALISM!

...Yeah, I think I'll pass on that. :-?

I'm not asking for Call of Duty but I don't want Japanaporn or Looney Tunes either. PSO HAD IT RIGHT.

Noblewine
Jul 13, 2012, 11:04 PM
What does the character cap thing mean?

Zyrusticae
Jul 13, 2012, 11:08 PM
I'm not asking for Call of Duty but I don't want Japanaporn or Looney Tunes either. PSO HAD IT RIGHT.
PSO didn't have any outfits at all past what you started with.

I somehow doubt the grand majority of folks here... or anywhere... would agree that that was a superior state of affairs.

Xaeris
Jul 13, 2012, 11:18 PM
I'm genuinely surprised at this prudish reaction to mere bathing suits. Christ you guys, if you're calling these slutty fanservice, what on Earth are you going to do when they start breaking out the stuff like that one stripperific outfit from PSU?

Dan Maku
Jul 13, 2012, 11:20 PM
What does the character cap thing mean?

It means that character creation is cut off on certain ships: currently, Ships 1-5 and 10 are capped, IIRC.

ShadowDragon28
Jul 13, 2012, 11:21 PM
Wow. Take a chill pill Rootabagel. Why so srs?

Noblewine
Jul 13, 2012, 11:22 PM
It means that character creation is cut off on certain ships: currently, Ships 1-5 and 10 are capped, IIRC.

Okay, thanks so does that mean you have a limitation to how many characters you can make?

Vashyron
Jul 13, 2012, 11:22 PM
Of course, the series now has fallen into so many Animu tropes and people going lengths to play the Japanese version it's like I would never have expected people here to be fine with Bikinis(!)

Personally I found it obvious that Bikinis would show up and such here because hey, just look at the demographic. Should be obvious. This is gonna real in a bunch of easy money for them.

Though I do find it funny when people want to compare something like Wedding Dresses or Bikinis to the game's setting of laser weaponry or magic. Are you telling me there should be no limit? It works fine here in because again, the audience. Though do try that in other games with a vastly different audience and see how well that would work out for the company. (Obvious.)

Myself I do get annoyed with such clothing, I'd like a limit somewhere. Though I know I'm probably not in the majority so I've come to expect this sort of thing to happen.

Tajima Hirago
Jul 13, 2012, 11:23 PM

^ This :D

Polly
Jul 13, 2012, 11:32 PM
Of course, the series now has fallen into so many Animu tropes and people going lengths to play the Japanese version it's like I would never have expected people here to be fine with Bikinis(!)

Personally I found it obvious that Bikinis would show up and such here because hey, just look at the demographic. Should be obvious. This is gonna real in a bunch of easy money for them.

Though I do find it funny when people want to compare something like Wedding Dresses or Bikinis to the game's setting of laser weaponry or magic. Are you telling me there should be no limit? It works fine here in because again, the audience. Though do try that in other games with a vastly different audience and see how well that would work out for the company. (Obvious.)

Myself I do get annoyed with such clothing, I'd like a limit somewhere. Though I know I'm probably not in the majority so I've come to expect this sort of thing to happen.

All of my agree.

I'm a-okay with fun and silly stuff every now and then, but something about this (my opinion begins here) just seems so pandering, blatant, and pretty gross. Call me GAMEZ SRS BZNSS, but I kinda like my characters to...I dunno...look the part of someone who should be down on a planet laying waste to seven kinds of ugly. These outfits just feel like an easy out. I'm not stupid, I know it's business and this is what's gonna sell, I'm just not keen on it in the least.

Blackheart521
Jul 13, 2012, 11:37 PM
All of my agree.

I'm a-okay with fun and silly stuff every now and then, but something about this (my opinion begins here) just seems so pandering, blatant, and pretty gross. Call me GAMEZ SRS BZNSS, but I kinda like my characters to...I dunno...look the part of someone who should be down on a planet laying waste to seven kinds of ugly. These outfits just feel like an easy out. I'm not stupid, I know it's business and this is what's gonna sell, I'm just not keen on it in the least.

Here's how I justify it immersion-wise, The Arks are people too so outside of missions in their leisure time they like to go get some sun ( in space somehow) in bikinis or get all fancied up in tuxes or dresses. There is more to life than killing monsters, lol

But then there's one or two of them who are crazy and like to take their chances killing a Vol Dragon in their skimpy bikinis haha ^^;

BIG OLAF
Jul 13, 2012, 11:38 PM
what on Earth are you going to do when they start breaking out the stuff like that one stripperific outfit from PSU?

Can one have an aneurysm from excitement? Because, if so, that. That is what I'll do.

All the people complaining will get over it by the week after they come out, tops. They have to, since it's part of the game, and no about of crying about it is going to change anything. It's best to just go with the flow on these types of things.

r00tabaga
Jul 13, 2012, 11:45 PM
I'm obviously w/ what both Vash & Enforcer said. I actually don't play any "realistic" wartime games. I play games to escape. Fantasy games are my niche. Again, seeing a flood of hunters in just underwear in a world that I'm TRYING to get immersed in, ruins it for me & reminds me that I'm playing with boys 20 years younger than me.
Can't wait for Ragnarok..... Hope you guys have fun with your Phantsy Star Bikiniverse 2. I'll wait til 2013 and solo PSO2 if I have to.

Noblewine
Jul 13, 2012, 11:48 PM
I don't see a problem with this though I hate how I have to pay to get an outfit. I thought most people want to wear clothes to match the occassion or season. Go figure.

I laughed when I read the comment about the Magical Princess outfit.

soulpimpwizzurd
Jul 14, 2012, 12:09 AM
I'm obviously w/ what both Vash & Enforcer said. I actually don't play any "realistic" wartime games. I play games to escape. Fantasy games are my niche. Again, seeing a flood of hunters in just underwear in a world that I'm TRYING to get immersed in, ruins it for me & reminds me that I'm playing with boys 20 years younger than me.
Can't wait for Ragnarok..... Hope you guys have fun with your Phantsy Star Bikiniverse 2. I'll wait til 2013 and solo PSO2 if I have to.

are you talking about ragnarok online 2?

if so, damn that game looks boring man. it looks really boring. but like you said you play games to escape so i don't think entertainment is a big factor here, immersion is.

Zyrusticae
Jul 14, 2012, 12:12 AM

Well, if you just don't like it, that's one thing, but trying to say it's unrealistic in a game chock-full of blatantly unrealistic elements is entirely another.

Just say you don't like it and be done with it. You don't have to justify it by saying it's "unrealistic" in a universe where everybody wears invisible personal body shields and chugs down magical healing potions.

Speaking of said invisible personal body shields and magical healing potions, that's exactly why I really don't give a shit about the bikinis being used in combat. Plus there are really daring individuals out there - adrenaline junkies - who are rather likely to attempt this sort of thing at some point anyways.

I actually take more issue with the wedding dresses, as they are blatantly impractical in combat with how much you're at risk of tripping over your own garment. I'm a little surprised that more people aren't complaining about that, rather than the bikinis.

More to the point, I find it incredibly frivolous to overlook a game because of what some folks decide to do with their own characters. But then, I'm the kind of guy who absolutely eschews games for not having enough appearance options, so clearly my priorities lie elsewhere...

ShinMaruku
Jul 14, 2012, 12:15 AM
Now if they only had nude costumes! http://i.minus.com/i3cY4eoobtzRW.gif

soulpimpwizzurd
Jul 14, 2012, 12:21 AM

[SPOILER-BOX]http://bumped.org/psublog/wp-content/uploads/2010/05/Magical-Princess.jpg[/SPOILER-BOX]

do nude costumes enlarge boobs and ass?

this one does and it's awesome. pso2 needs ass modeling like this man.

its already been mentioned, posting it just in case poor souls haven't experienced the glory yet

r00tabaga
Jul 14, 2012, 12:21 AM
are you talking about ragnarok online 2?

Ragnarok Odyssey for Vita.

@Zero: You always this negative? I have my moments, but dayumn girl.

Ryno
Jul 14, 2012, 12:24 AM
can't wait to do the CUTENESS trio again!!:eek:

[SPOILER-BOX]http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a215/xl2YClNx/CutenessTrio.jpg[/SPOILER-BOX]

soulpimpwizzurd
Jul 14, 2012, 12:24 AM
Ragnarok Odyssey for Vita.

@Zero: You always this negative? I have my moments, but dayumn girl.

ohh okay, i can support that. i saw it a while back and thought it looked pretty cool.

looking at it again and it still looks cool. admittedly, it seems kinda "floaty" and a little slower than pso2, but immersion wise, i can see it being better in some respects.

Enforcer MKV
Jul 14, 2012, 12:25 AM
[SPOILER-BOX]http://bumped.org/psublog/wp-content/uploads/2010/05/Magical-Princess.jpg

its already been mentioned, posting it just in case poor souls haven't experienced the glory yet[/SPOILER-BOX]

Yup, still cringing every time I see a picture of that....

soulpimpwizzurd
Jul 14, 2012, 12:26 AM
Yup, still cringing every time I see a picture of that....

but the ass is shaped so much better than pso2 man

assssss

r00tabaga
Jul 14, 2012, 12:26 AM
Heard the developers of Odyssey are supposedly big MH & PSO fans and made their game a mix of the two basically.

Ryno
Jul 14, 2012, 12:30 AM
[SPOILER-BOX]http://bumped.org/psublog/wp-content/uploads/2010/05/Magical-Princess.jpg[/SPOILER-BOX]

its already been mentioned, posting it just in case poor souls haven't experienced the glory yet

I have one better than that of my PSU character. hopefully they come out somthing like this :D

[SPOILER-BOX]http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a215/xl2YClNx/Ryno1-2.jpg
http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a215/xl2YClNx/Ryno-2.jpg[/SPOILER-BOX]

soulpimpwizzurd
Jul 14, 2012, 12:32 AM
I have one better than that of my PSU character. hopefully they come out somthing like this :D

IT'S GLORIOUS RYNO

ALL MY MONIES

Mikura
Jul 14, 2012, 12:39 AM

With Japan's laws, we'd just have characters with pixelated naughty bits running around. So it wouldn't be as awesome as you'd think. ;p

Also, I welcome the bikinis. It's a fantasy game after all, so complaining how unrealistic it is is rather pointless. Then again, I think some people are just prudes. ;x

EvilMag
Jul 14, 2012, 12:40 AM
http://i1165.photobucket.com/albums/q585/EvilMag123/ideaedit.png
Silly edit I made.

Enforcer MKV
Jul 14, 2012, 12:41 AM
but the ass is shaped so much better than pso2 man

assssss

That isn't even a reason I play this game, or played PSU. I play because they're fun, not because I want to stare at what amounts to lingerie. I, quite frankly, hate that outfit. I don't want to look at it. But I've accepted it, because it sells, and Sega is going to put out what sells.

But I don't have to like it. And I really, really don't like it.

BIG OLAF
Jul 14, 2012, 12:42 AM

I second this. However, I do not endorse 10-year-old girls wearing these outfits, just so the record's clear. So put down that phone. The police don't need to be called.

soulpimpwizzurd
Jul 14, 2012, 12:43 AM
I second this. However, I do not endorse 10-year-old girls wearing these outfits, just so the record's clear. So put down that phone. The police don't need to be called.

10 year old girls do not have boobs like that she is just short maybe she's asian bruh

@enforcer mkv man i know you don't like ass but i do man i love ass and i need ass

i guess pso2 is fun too but dat assss maaaannnn

Mikura
Jul 14, 2012, 12:44 AM

[spoiler-box]http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a215/xl2YClNx/Ryno1-2.jpg
http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a215/xl2YClNx/Ryno-2.jpg[/spoiler-box]

I approve of this as well.

ShadowDragon28
Jul 14, 2012, 01:05 AM
O_o wtf? Stripperella Mardi Gras costume??? wow LOL

soulpimpwizzurd
Jul 14, 2012, 01:07 AM
O_o wtf? Stripperella Mardi Gras costume??? wow LOL

it is truly a blessing to this earth

Mikura
Jul 14, 2012, 01:28 AM
That outfit must've either come out on the JP servers or the 360 servers long after they shut down PC/PS2 because I totally would've wore that outfit had it been available when I was still playing. >_>

BIG OLAF
Jul 14, 2012, 01:39 AM
That outfit must've either come out on the JP servers or the 360 servers long after they shut down PC/PS2 because I totally would've wore that outfit had it been available when I was still playing. >_>

It was JP PSU only.

Well, it was in PSP2i, as well. I think it was called the "Luna Prophecy." I was always so incredibly jelly of the JP players for having it, haha.

Demon-
Jul 14, 2012, 01:51 AM
Finally I can make more characters, just in time too.

And there they are the outfit everyone's been waiting for.
Can't wait to get my hands on those! oh bad choice of words...

Ahem.. yeah here's to hoping they don't cost a fortune in player shops.

TetsuyaHikari
Jul 14, 2012, 02:42 AM
10 year old girls do not have boobs like that she is just short maybe she's asian bruh

@enforcer mkv man i know you don't like ass but i do man i love ass and i need ass

i guess pso2 is fun too but dat assss maaaannnn

I'm sorry. You must be new around here. You see, this is called a, "video game" and within it, we don't have to follow the physics of the real world.

So yes, you could very well make a "10 year old" looking girl with boobs that big, lol. It certainly wouldn't be the first busty loli I've seen in my time anyway :P

gigawuts
Jul 14, 2012, 03:33 AM
ha ha ha ha ha ha ha are these costumes even for real

oh man

edit: BTW, I want bikinis. Like, really badly. I want to wear a bikini on my big red HUcast.

ShadowDragon28
Jul 14, 2012, 03:59 AM
Deleted, since a certain member is couldn't refrain from judgmental, uncivil accusatory and insulting comments.

BIG OLAF
Jul 14, 2012, 04:01 AM
this was Saaya Irie at age 11. She's now 18 though.

What the hell do they put in the water over there?

TetsuyaHikari
Jul 14, 2012, 05:07 AM

Silicone. Lots and lots of silicone.

Neith
Jul 14, 2012, 05:58 AM
Guess I know where my next month's AC allowance is going :lol:

Was only a matter of time I guess, and going by PSP2/PSP2:I we'll have a lot more of this kinda thing coming.

BIG OLAF
Jul 14, 2012, 06:09 AM
Guess I know where my next month's AC allowance is going :lol:

Was only a matter of time I guess, and going by PSP2/PSP2:I we'll have a lot more of this kinda thing coming.

Ditto on the first sentence.

Agreed on the second sentence. I can't wait, hehehe.

Ce'Nedra
Jul 14, 2012, 06:53 AM

[spoiler-box]http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a215/xl2YClNx/CutenessTrio.jpg[/spoiler-box]

Ohh I still remember that one~ I still got it as well :3

We should do a new one indeed...needs more beach area though

ShinMaruku
Jul 14, 2012, 07:51 AM
Every chick you see with natural big tits started like that. http://i.minus.com/i3cY4eoobtzRW.gif

soulpimpwizzurd
Jul 14, 2012, 09:06 AM
ha ha ha ha ha ha ha are these costumes even for real

oh man

edit: BTW, I want bikinis. Like, really badly. I want to wear a bikini on my big red HUcast.

lol he said big red

moeri
Jul 14, 2012, 01:56 PM
My loli character is probably going to be in a swimsuit with a innertube... (hope it comes in pink T.T)

Yes, I am a horrible person

GrandTickler
Jul 14, 2012, 01:57 PM
cant wait to see all them skinny loli's run around in swim suits :-o

Kylie
Jul 14, 2012, 02:22 PM
God damn, hips are HUGE in this game.

Also, I want pink! 8-)

ShadowDragon28
Jul 14, 2012, 02:27 PM
Shadow Dragon. Maybe a spoiler box for your collection of 11 yr olds would be more appropriate. Just saying....not everyone gets their rox off on pre-teens.

Um FYI. The image is not from "my collection". It's easily found via a google search of the name. Wtf is your problem making accusations and flaming me?

NoiseHERO
Jul 14, 2012, 02:28 PM
Um FYI. The image is not from "my collection". It's easily found via a google search of the name. Wtf is your problem making accusations and flaming me?

Not to make things worse but it is kinda suspicious which gives me this quest...

Where did you here about an 11 year old Japanese boob model? LOL

Dan Maku
Jul 14, 2012, 02:31 PM
I don't recall people getting all up-in-arms about characters running about in wedding dresses and tuxedos, clothes that no dead-serious space marine would wear, but SWIMSUITS?! THE GREAT LIGHT FORBID!

ShadowDragon28
Jul 14, 2012, 02:32 PM
Rock Eastwood . I was googling a name of a Phantasy Star IV NPC character named Saya years ago for an archive of PsIV images i was putting together, and pics of Saaya Irie showed up in the search.

sugarFO
Jul 14, 2012, 02:33 PM
Shadow Dragon. Maybe a spoiler box for your collection of 11 yr olds would be more appropriate. Just saying....not everyone gets their rox off on pre-teens.

What's the difference between a real picture of it and character models in this video game we all apparently love?

Zipzo
Jul 14, 2012, 02:34 PM
Not to make things worse but it is kinda suspicious which gives me this quest...

Where did you here about an 11 year old Japanese boob model? LOLShe's not an 11 year old boob model, she's just a model, and has been for a very long time.

Does her bust size factor in to the equation? Likely...but she's considered perfection in almost every category by Japanese standards.

NoiseHERO
Jul 14, 2012, 02:35 PM
Augh I wrote quest instead of question

This game is ruining my eye-sight.

@ Zipzo I can tell that much (why would an 11 year old girl really be a boob model) It's just funnier to call her a boob model, and it's obvious boobs in Japan = EZ fame in the modeling business. JUST SAYIN'!

ShadowDragon28
Jul 14, 2012, 02:41 PM
(correction) Rootabaga, your comment/uncalled for allusions was very insulting dude, and totally uneccessary. WTF, man?

NoiseHERO
Jul 14, 2012, 03:56 PM
Rock Eastwood, you comment/uncalled for allusions was very insulting dude, and totally uneccessary. WTF, man?

LOL WHAT!

It was? I'm sorry.

I'm the product of my environment but I forget that it sometimes breaks even the limits of the internet.

r00tabaga
Jul 14, 2012, 04:07 PM
Rock Eastwood, you comment/uncalled for allusions was very insulting dude, and totally uneccessary. WTF, man?

Your just mad at your father.

On topic, I see no difference between bikinis, wedding dress, bath towels, etc etc. I hope SoA just put some limits on our version. It is dumb to me and when I try to get friends to join, this is the shit that turns them off.

Blackheart521
Jul 14, 2012, 04:17 PM

On topic, I see no difference between bikinis, wedding dress, bath towels, etc etc. I hope SoA just put some limits on our version. It is dumb to me and when I try to get friends to join, this is the shit that turns them off.

Don't let it ruin it for you just because it is in the game, if you don't like it just don't buy it and continue playing, you consider shutting down an entire game just because of some vanity clothing options don't agree with your tastes? That's like a very small percent of what the game has to offer.

And your friends gotta learn to look past the weird stuff in games if it really bothers them that much. ^^;

moeri
Jul 14, 2012, 04:18 PM
Yeah

Yeah some people are turned off by this, but I have friends who are excited and might even buy...

I know I will grind about 1 mill for it

NoiseHERO
Jul 14, 2012, 04:19 PM
You're all jealous because I can only load 5 characters on my screen at once because I run on integrated graphics!

/only has to see 3 lolis a day

Blackheart521
Jul 14, 2012, 04:21 PM
You're all jealous because I can only load 5 characters on my screen at once because I run on integrated graphics!

/only has to see 3 lolis a day

I know how this is, it is a blessing...and a curse ^^;

DreXxiN
Jul 14, 2012, 04:23 PM

I will personally never go to the NA side if they censor these. Not because I need to see lolis in bikinis because every time these overseas games come here and censor one thing....they don't stop.

r00tabaga
Jul 14, 2012, 04:26 PM
I'm still getting it when it releases. I'm actually glad in some ways, cuz people obviously want bikinis in it. It's just a little odd that SO MANY people need it. It will always be weird to me and will just join other parties or solo cuz the game is that good.

moeri
Jul 14, 2012, 04:33 PM
Hmm yeah...

I really wish there was some way to appease all parties involved... But I love my loli character and dressing her up....

It would be nice if we could all get along....

DreXxiN
Jul 14, 2012, 04:36 PM
Hmm yeah...

I really wish there was some way to appease all parties involved... But I love my loli character and dressing her up....

It would be nice if we could all get along....

There is. It's called people deal with it or they throw in parental controls to turn off censoring as an option rather than ruin it for everybody.

ShadowDragon28
Jul 14, 2012, 04:38 PM
Corrected post. I was meaning to address Rootabaga's post on a previous page.

r00tabaga
Jul 14, 2012, 04:42 PM

Why don't you just IM me.

NoiseHERO
Jul 14, 2012, 04:58 PM

See now I'm offended, first you get me to say sorry(which is rare) D<

Then you call me r00tabaga! D<

I WILL DESTROY YOUUUUUU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

BIG OLAF
Jul 14, 2012, 05:03 PM
Then you call me r00tabaga! D<

That is quite a terrible thing.

ShadowDragon28
Jul 14, 2012, 05:03 PM
Sorry Rock Eastwood. I mistakingly typed your name. I wasnt calling you rOOtabaga man. Calm down jeez.

r00tabaga
Jul 14, 2012, 05:04 PM
He's been called worse.

NoiseHERO
Jul 14, 2012, 05:12 PM
Sorry Rock Eastwood. I mistakingly typed your name. I wasnt calling you rOOtabaga man. Calm down jeez.

How can I stay calm at a time like this!? ;O;

lopal
Jul 14, 2012, 05:24 PM
people are going to wear them on their little loli characters for the rest of the game's lifetime.

Thats what i have planned

Silenttank
Jul 14, 2012, 05:37 PM

Yo I want my leopard print speedo again.

On topic: I'm all for costumes being added, but I hope Sega doesn't try to please the typical crowd too much, there's a lot of us who would like other content being added besides that stuff.

ShadowDragon28
Jul 14, 2012, 06:35 PM
I just want jett/charcol black HUmar suit with minor grey trim/ grey "metal pieces", grey shoulder armor, ffs thats all I want.

Enforcer MKV
Jul 14, 2012, 06:39 PM
On topic: I'm all for costumes being added, but I hope Sega doesn't try to please the typical crowd too much, there's a lot of us who would like other content being added besides that stuff.

yeah, so long as they don't just go LOL, *Skimpy costume skimpy costume skimpy costume* ad infinitum, it should be okay. Even if that's what 80%~ of the playerbase ends up wearing. If the game is fun, I should be able to play it. :lol:

BIG OLAF
Jul 14, 2012, 06:41 PM
yeah, so long as they don't just go LOL, *Skimpy costume skimpy costume skimpy costume* ad infinitum, it should be okay.

No don't listen to the stuffy prudes I want all the skimp.

But some big-ass female battle armor would be good...

...as long as there's a cleavage and/or bellybutton window(s).

Enforcer MKV
Jul 14, 2012, 06:45 PM
No don't listen to the stuffy prudes I want all the skimp.

But some big-ass female battle armor would be good...

...as long as there's a cleavage and/or bellybutton window(s).

^^;

So about that Colossus set, Sega. All my love, keep the badass mech armor coming. <3

Ex Valkyrie
Jul 14, 2012, 07:40 PM
It's fine to want your character to fit a certain setting and such, just as it is fine if you want to be in gothic lolita despite the context of the game.

What I don't think is fine is wanting to enforce one's preference on others...
That's why I can't get behind anyone with an opinion that they should limit options to cater to just a few preferences.

For people who want to be realistic, give them options for them to be so. For the people who care more about being in a certain fashion than being realistic, cater to them as well.

If one is so bothered by those who choose a different approach to this, simply don't play with them. It would not be fair if the fashion only appealed to one type of person though.
I mean, who does one think they are when they say content should be based on what they like and not someone else?

I think an approach with variety in mind is best in regard to special costumes. :P

Zyrusticae
Jul 14, 2012, 07:45 PM
[spoiler-box]It's fine to want your character to fit a certain setting and such, just as it is fine if you want to be in gothic lolita despite the context of the game.

What I don't think is fine is wanting to enforce one's preference on others...
That's why I can't get behind anyone with an opinion that they should limit options to cater to just a few preferences.

For people who want to be realistic, give them options for them to be so. For the people who care more about being in a certain fashion than being realistic, cater to them as well.

If one is so bothered by those who choose a different approach to this, simply don't play with them. It would not be fair if the fashion only appealed to one type of person though.
I mean, who does one think they are when they say content should be based on what they like and not someone else?

I think an approach with variety in mind is best in regard to special costumes. :P[/spoiler-box]
Quoting for truth.

(Also spoiler-boxed for length! :p)

I have a much bigger problem with the "My way or the highway!" folks than any particular preference. And I still find it a little bizarre for someone to refuse to play just because someone else has different tastes than them...

gigawuts
Jul 14, 2012, 09:19 PM
I want speedos and bikinis and all of it and I want to be able to wear them on the cold hard steel of my glorious cast.

It'd be like putting a bikini on a fridge.

Enforcer MKV
Jul 14, 2012, 09:24 PM
I want speedos and bikinis and all of it and I want to be able to wear them on the cold hard steel of my glorious cast.

It'd be like putting a bikini on a fridge.

So.....many.....innuendos.....

Well, just hoping no one misunderstands my position on this...rereading my posts makes me think that's very possible.

Gardios
Jul 14, 2012, 09:38 PM
I don't mind skimpy costumes, but I really do hope the girls get outfits that show no skin, too. You don't need to be skimpy to be sexy, after all!

But do give me skimpy male swimsuits pls.

r00tabaga
Jul 14, 2012, 10:03 PM
@Gardios: you think SEGA wants fully clothed, fully armored, bad ass chics? There will be no yin to this yang. You know how many teens & 30yr old virgins would be turned off by that!

soulpimpwizzurd
Jul 14, 2012, 10:13 PM
@Gardios: you think SEGA wants fully clothed, fully armored, bad ass chics? There will be no yin to this yang. You know how many teens & 30yr old virgins would be turned off by that!

lol i like skimpy but there are some times when im in the mood for guard wing

the belly button window is pretty unnecessary though, it looks bad.

if anything i thought the design for saber was pretty cool. why not have both i like both.

Garnet_Moon
Jul 14, 2012, 10:31 PM
Less coverage = more defense

That being said, bikinis all day everyday for me. Maybe Yukatas. At least until we get Sukimizu... with thigh highs...! :love:

soulpimpwizzurd
Jul 14, 2012, 10:35 PM
bikini = defense goes down, attack speed goes up

all my money

Polly
Jul 14, 2012, 10:39 PM
@Gardios: you think SEGA wants fully clothed, fully armored, bad ass chics? There will be no yin to this yang.

Basically how I feel about it. I don't really care or have any opinion one way or another about those who want bikinis and all that, I'd just like something that suits my tastes a bit more as well. I like armor, I like spikes, I like looking the part of someone who does the brutal thing I do in combat, and I don't feel I'll ever get much beyond what I have now (ballistic coat.)

Zyrusticae
Jul 15, 2012, 12:15 AM
Huh.

So, um, are you guys just COMPLETELY IGNORING the -marl outfits? Because every single one of those are almost fully covering...

BIG OLAF
Jul 15, 2012, 12:20 AM
Huh.

So, um, are you guys just COMPLETELY IGNORING the -marl outfits? Because every single one of those are almost fully covering...

I've seen people bitch about the RAmarl outfit simply because of the bellybutton window. Yeah, okay, it is needless, but seriously....not that big of a deal. I think the outfit looks good, and I usually hate full-covering stuff.

But, in my opinion, the FOmarl and HUmarl outfits just look frumpy.

NoiseHERO
Jul 15, 2012, 12:21 AM
Huh.

Nobody notices because nobody wears them because they're not skimpy enough!

SEGA'S NOT MAKING FEMALE OUTFITS FOR ALL 8 OF YOU PEOPLE THAT HATE THEM!

They're making female outfits for all 600,000 people paying real money for them... D:

@ Olaf, Humarl outfit is actually my favorite don't make me twist your boob obsessed balls off! D<

sugarFO
Jul 15, 2012, 12:24 AM
I've seen people bitch about the RAmarl outfit simply because of the bellybutton window. Yeah, okay, it is needless, but seriously....not that big of a deal. I think the outfit looks good, and I usually hate full-covering stuff.

Yeah, I'm not sure I like the HUmarl outfit. I think maybe they needed a different color scheme and different approach to the leggings. It would have been super cute if it was like, stockings that came up to the thigh and maybe different shoulder style on the blouse.

But the FOmarl outfit... pure beauty. ^^

I am really hoping for a color variation of the FOmarl outfit to have a white part like Maloo has, and pink coloring.

r00tabaga
Jul 15, 2012, 12:34 AM
Nobody notices because nobody wears them because they're not skimpy enough!

SEGA'S NOT MAKING FEMALE OUTFITS FOR ALL 8 OF YOU PEOPLE THAT HATE THEM!

They're making female outfits for all 600,000 people paying real money for them... D:

@ Olaf, Humarl outfit is actually my favorite don't make me twist your boob obsessed balls off! D<

By 600,000 you mean Japanese boys right? I gaurantee you it'd be different here. I just think some of you need to visit a strip club to let your angst out some. I like ass as much as the next guy, but I have a wife for that.

BIG OLAF
Jul 15, 2012, 12:39 AM

I'm not as 'obsessed' as some people may think, Rocko McJocko.

and the HUmarl outfit is frumpy! Those giant styrofoam shoulders, bro!

Xaeris
Jul 15, 2012, 12:40 AM
I just think some of you need to visit a strip club to let your angst out some.

That word does not mean what you think it means.

Tracey
Jul 15, 2012, 12:42 AM

[spoiler-box]http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a215/xl2YClNx/CutenessTrio.jpg[/spoiler-box]

oooo!!

you three look super summer cute! 8-)

can't wait to see how you three look in the new PSO2 Bikini outfits! :)

Zyrusticae
Jul 15, 2012, 12:44 AM
By 600,000 you mean Japanese boys right? I gaurantee you it'd be different here. I just think some of you need to visit a strip club to let your angst out some. I like ass as much as the next guy, but I have a wife for that.
That's nice, but I'm not sure how this is relevant to the thread.

Japanese game targeting Japanese customers, many of whom are males in their 20s and 30s (and have rather high purchasing power relative to their equivalents in the West). Maybe it'd be different here... but that is completely irrelevant, because they are not targeting Western tastes. Any income coming from the Western side is going to be completely incidental. The only point is to make more money with the barest minimum of effort.

Oh, and you're wrong. Judging from the absolutely ridiculous disparity between male and female character designs over here, it is NOT actually as different as you seem to think it is. In fact, I daresay it is considerably worse over here - Japanese characters at least have great variety in their designs, whereas female character designs in the West are almost universally the exact same image of "sexy", with only the slightest variations between characters. Seriously, just look at comic books... or our video games.

Sex appeal is sex appeal, regardless of what hemisphere of the globe you're on. The only differences are in the details.

Polly
Jul 15, 2012, 01:10 AM
Huh.

And....those aren't being sold as new content, are they? Pretty sure that's what the line of discussion has been about.

Is it really that wrong for people to have preferences and voice an opinion about it if folks who like bikinis, wedding dresses, and yukatas can gush about how much they love those?

I mean...I'm certainly not calling anybody out for having preferences, I'm merely voicing my opinions on the available information and costumes and some seem to be taking it rather personally.

soulpimpwizzurd
Jul 15, 2012, 04:55 AM

i feel like an eva unit when i use that outfit cause of those shoulders and how my character is so tall lol. i selected it as my default and it's a nice blue color.

redroses
Jul 15, 2012, 05:34 AM
I personally don't care for the bikini outfits, but I knew they were going to come out eventually. I also know a lot of disgusting slutty outfits will be coming, but as long as I don't (!for me!) disgrace my characters with those outfits I don't care. All I want is that some cool, full covored female outfits come out aswell.

BIG OLAF
Jul 15, 2012, 06:23 AM
I also know a lot of disgusting slutty outfits will be coming, but as long as I don't (!for me!) disgrace my characters with those outfits I don't care..

W-w-wait....I'm gonna disgrace myself when I wear those outfits?

;~;

redroses
Jul 15, 2012, 06:29 AM
W-w-wait....I'm gonna disgrace myself when I wear those outfits?

;~;

Lol no, that is just how I feel about my characters.
I think nothing like that when it comes to other peoples chars. But of course I will have different feelings for my characters, if you understand what I mean!

BIG OLAF
Jul 15, 2012, 06:30 AM
Lol no, that is just how I feel about my characters.
I think nothing like that when it comes to other peoples chars. But of course I will have different feelings for my characters, if you understand what I mean!

Oh, I understand now. I thought you meant "anyone who wears that stuff is terrible and should feel bad" :lol:. I can see if people don't think those types of clothes are their 'style' though. It's all good.

Ce'Nedra
Jul 15, 2012, 06:46 AM
[/spoiler-box]

oooo!!

you three look super summer cute! 8-)

can't wait to see how you three look in the new PSO2 Bikini outfits! :)

When I get my hands on one I will defnitally post pictures of it so keep an eye out to the screenshot topic. I'll even link you to the post if you like :)

NoiseHERO
Jul 15, 2012, 06:54 AM

I CHOOSE STYROFOAM SHOULDERS OVER ARMOR PLATED CAMEL TOES AND BOOB WINDOWS WHEN MY CHARACTER IS A 14 YEAR OLD GIRL, CAUSE I'M NOT OTAKU ENOUGH FOR THE OTHER OUTFITS!

Gardios
Jul 15, 2012, 09:22 AM
Huh.

The female human outfits are awesome (RAmar outfit is amazing, but I still hate the belly button and pants windows), I'm just worried that we won't get more fully covered outfits seeing how no one seems to run around with the ones we have right now. :(

But then again, who am I to complain, I don't even have a female character...

Zyrusticae
Jul 15, 2012, 09:55 AM
And....those aren't being sold as new content, are they? Pretty sure that's what the line of discussion has been about.

And both Echo's and Aki's outfits are not particularly "sexy" relative to the -newearl outfits, either, so, um, y'know, it really doesn't sound like the complaining is quite justified to me.

The joke outfits are joke outfits. They are NOT the only outfits getting released. Actual outfits that are meant to be taken seriously are getting released, and they are getting very different treatment from the rest.

Cherry-picking from the joke outfits is silly. They ARE joke outfits. That's what they're there for. They're not the only thing they're coming out with.

Boy, I repeat myself a lot, don't I?

Jakosifer
Jul 15, 2012, 10:25 AM
Oh man, I'm gonna party it up with random lolinewearls with bazooka twins now so I can get my harem party of 21 year old Japanese men.