PDA

View Full Version : S rank?

Ken_the_turtle
Jul 13, 2012, 03:50 AM
I just ran rare ore excavation (the desert drill one) and as I usually do, I run straight to the last section in about 4 minutes and then start killing everything as there is enough to get S rank from the last section alone.

However the drills triggered REALLY early for me, and I had killed about 10-12 things by that stage and figured it was a dead run and to try again for S rank to unlock free desert. However during the drills (near the end of the timer, about 30 seconds left) a code duel appeared and for the next 5 or so minutes I killed a heap of stuff, despite the quest being cleared already and the timer finishing, I still got an S rank.

I can only think that mobs killed AFTER a quest is complete still count towards the rank, does anyone know if this is false? Or be willing to experiment with it? Or is it possible it isn't just to do with mob kills?

any input would be appreciated :)

Sp-24
Jul 13, 2012, 03:53 AM
I will test it. It would be weird if enemies killed after the mission is over still count towards the S rank, but good news for people having trouble with non-boss missions.

Ana-Chan
Jul 13, 2012, 03:54 AM
The ranking is based upon how many times you died and your total kill count. So yes, monsters killed after the quest cleared counts towards it too.
Just to clear that up before I'm misunderstood, monsters killed between the quest clear and the time you go into the telepipe and get your quest ranking. If you can come down after that and find enemies, they wouldn't count.

Ken_the_turtle
Jul 13, 2012, 03:57 AM
The ranking is based upon how many times you died and your total kill count. So yes, monsters killed after the quest cleared counts towards it too.
Just to clear that up before I'm misunderstood, monsters killed between the quest clear and the time you go into the telepipe and get your quest ranking. If you can come down after that and find enemies, they wouldn't count.

Wow good to know im not going crazy,

seems odd, but will make S ranking timed quests for client orders easy :P

GoldenFalcon
Jul 13, 2012, 04:01 AM
Wow good to know im not going crazy,

seems odd, but will make S ranking timed quests for client orders easy :P

Not really; no more groups can spawn, and you're removed from seeing multiparty people if they get far away enough from you, so you can't farm their spawned groups either

But, if you run around and spawn like 6 rooms, clear in time, then go back, it could work

Macman
Jul 13, 2012, 04:02 AM
Wouldn't it not matter? I recall the "chime" for clearing a client order happening as soon as you clear the quest. So if you didn't have enough kills to S-rank when clearing the quest, a popup would show at the bottom telling you that you failed the client order (no "chime").
Why would getting more kills after that fact suddenly make the client change their mind?

Ken_the_turtle
Jul 13, 2012, 04:30 AM
But, if you run around and spawn like 6 rooms, clear in time, then go back, it could work

This is what I was thnking

Wouldn't it not matter? I recall the "chime" for clearing a client order happening as soon as you clear the quest. So if you didn't have enough kills to S-rank when clearing the quest, a popup would show at the bottom telling you that you failed the client order (no "chime").
Why would getting more kills after that fact suddenly make the client change their mind?

I only recall popups for completing client orders, not failing to complete them? I could have missed something, but if it only happens when you complete it it wouldnt matter, as anything that requires S-rank isn't determined till you go back to camp ship isnt it?

Sizustar
Jul 14, 2012, 08:58 AM
Only press the E button when the light is flashing

Cyclon
Jul 14, 2012, 09:49 AM
That would be surprising, since deaths do not count if they happen after the mission is cleared.
Maybe the code is what made the difference here.

Ana-Chan
Jul 14, 2012, 11:34 AM
No, I have done experimentation on this. The first time I noticed this was the finish the hard mode za udan extermination quest in under 3 minutes. I ran through, didn't kill anything but the za udan and got an A, out of curiosity (and without completing the client order, so I still had the timer), I ran through, killed the za udan and completed the quest, went back and mopped up the spawned monsters and then got an S.
So the results of this means that either the S rank requirement changes, or the monsters killed after the quest clear actually count towards your ranking. Who knows which way around it is, but from my own experience they do make some difference.
Oh, and just in case anyone wonders, no, the client order didn't mean anything, that was just where I got curious.

IndigoNovember
Jul 14, 2012, 12:49 PM
About the deaths, it only affects your ranking if you die and go back to the campship before you clear the quest. If you get revived in the field then it doesn't count against you.

Cyclon
Jul 14, 2012, 12:57 PM
About the deaths, it only affects your ranking if you die and go back to the campship. If you get revived in the field then it doesn't count against you.
No, I've actually went out of my way to try it. If you die and go back to the campship AFTER completing the mission, you do not lose points.
You DO get your rank though(since you got back to the ship), so afterwards you pretty much can't do anything to change it.

IndigoNovember
Jul 14, 2012, 01:01 PM
No, I've actually went out of my way to try it. If you die and go back to the campship AFTER completing the mission, you do not lose points.
You DO get your rank though(since you got back to the ship), so afterwards you pretty much can't do anything to change it.

Was only talking about during the mission before you cleared it. Sorry if I was unclear.

Cyclon
Jul 14, 2012, 01:05 PM
Was only talking about during the mission before you cleared it. Sorry if I was unclear.
Oh, sorry, I thought you were answering my post. Nevermind then.

IndigoNovember
Jul 14, 2012, 01:10 PM
Oh, sorry, I thought you were answering my post. Nevermind then.

I was mainly replying to the common misconception that you cannot die to get an S-Rank. That only applies if you're going solo and is only because nobody can use a Moon Atomizer to revive you in the field. Or was I the only one under that assumption in the beginning >_>; ?

Cyclon
Jul 14, 2012, 01:16 PM
I was mainly replying to the common misconception that you cannot die to get an S-Rank. That only applies if you're going solo and is only because nobody can use a Moon Atomizer to revive you in the field. Or was I the only one under that assumption in the beginning >_>; ?
No, I thought that too, but when I saw that scape dolls didn't lower your rank in CB, I figured that the same held true with moon atomizers.
So if I had to guess, I'd say about everyone here knows that by now. I might be wrong though.